Sexual Orientation
Asexual (Mervyn)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
0e195c0cd2e7a4f0e0a9c72c59fc7f4b.jpg
16ad9deaac7d944d6ffab36b012220ea.jpg

L E D A . L O R I . L A Y T O N
- - s o m e t i m e s t h e t r u t h h u r t s - -
I M A G I N A T I V E . A M O R A L . O B S E R V A N T . D E F E N S I V E . A M B I T I O U S

FULL NAME
Leda Lori Layton
DATE OF BIRTH
February 29th 2033
CURRENT AGE
Twenty Six
BLOOD STATUS

Muggle Born

NATIONALITY
New Zealander
HOME TOWN
Marton (NZ)
CURRENT RESIDENCE
Obsidian Harbour
HOUSE

Slytherin
ROLES
Prefect & Head Girl
QUIDDITCH
Co-Captain & Seeker
MOTHER
Ariana Layton
FATHER

Clement Layton (RIP)
SIBLINGS

Olive Layton (RIP)
MARTIAL STATUS
Married
CHILDREN
3 + Eluned Strangewayes
PETS
None
BEST FRIEND

Mervyn Strangewayes
EXTRA CURRIC.
HM Co-Editor
OCCUPATION
Editor
DREAM JOB
Editor

[Table of Contents]
🔥 General Information.
🔥 Relationships.
🔥 Personality.
🔥 Appearance.
🔥 Education.
🔥 Interview.
🔥 Inventory.
🔥 Childhood.
🔥 At School.
🔥 Adulthood.

Last edited:

wFCaHku.png

ROLEPLAYS BEFORE FIRST YEAR:

I got what I wantedWith Charlotte Harper, Hermione WaldenBrightstone

FIRST YEAR

DzMrvFg.png

"I don't even know what to think. I got sorted into Slytherin. Which is weird. Olive was in Gryffindor. Mervyn is in Gryffindor. But apparently, I'm a snake! The castle is like Olive said it would though. There's so much see! So many places to go and explore! I've been showing Mervyn everything I can think of. I think he's going to make a good friend you know. At least a better friend than a lot of people here."

During Leda's first year, she was sorted into Slytherin, the first of her family, and befriended Mervyn Strangewayes, a boy from Gryffindor. She was a little disappointed she wasn't in the same house and him, nor her sister Olive before her, but she was still keen to make the best of her situation and have fun at Hogwarts. She met a number of her housemates, including Charlotte Harper, who unknown to her, was the younger sibling of Odette Harper. Leda and Mervyn quickly gave themselves a reputation as trouble makers, after stealing one of Odette's many yule ball dresses and giving it anonymously to Charlotte, believing they were doing a good deed. The end result however did not go quite according to plan.

ROLEPLAYS:

"Borrowing" BooksWith Mervyn StrangewayesLibrary
A Christmas TragedyWith Mervyn Strangewayes, Charlotte HarperDungeons

S4W64Pk.png

Ao26gbC.png

wFCaHku.png

SECOND YEAR

WifCkHV.gif

W2SZF1q.png

"This year was really fun. Olive got a job as the Potions professor, and then, we found out we were related to Professor Pendleton too! He's a bit weird but there's worse professors to be related to. I still don't understand the coincidence though, but Olive says it's fine. He did have a bit of trouble by the entrance hall though, and even one of the prefect tried to shut me up, but I took care of that."

Leda's second year was quite eventful. Asides from making a few more friends (and enemies), she also became the alt seeker for the Slytherin quidditch team. She loved this because her sister had been one too, and it was as though she was following her her footsteps. After finding out that Monty was related to her and Olive, she teased him for a little while about it before realising he probably found her quite annoying. Having Olive as a potions professor was fun for Leda because she had somewhere she could go and visit when she didn't want to go the common room, and she liked that she had her sister, whom she was very close to, around quite as much. This was the year that Monty fainted in the corridor, and after James Cade performed the silencing charm on her, she kicked him in the boys, teaching him (and others) that she would resort to muggle defences when required.

ROLEPLAYS:

A different kind of bookWith Kira WolfLibrary
Candy Astronomy professor please stand up?With Professor Sarah HarringtonTowers
Cane you not?With Gabriella TillingtonStudent Lounge
Staying with a sister has its perksWith Gideon ZelinskiGambol and Japes
Raising Galleons - Good CauseWith Mervyn Strangewayes, Diana Holland, Anabelle Williams, Sophie Wilson, Isaac Kain, Professor Katherine AlicastellCourtyard
Relaxing...With Professor Monty Pendleton, Chante AtearaCourtyard
Don't forget yourselfWith Professor Olive LaytonDungeons
CollapseWith various including, Mervyn Strangewayes, Zennon Baros, Professor Monty Pendleton, James Cade, Professor Cyndi KingsleyEntrance Hall
Is there such a thing as too much?With Mervyn Strangewayes, Zennon BarosSeventh Floor

GRADES:

PotionsA

ltCyUiQ.png

002.jpg

Last edited:
Seeing SparklesWith Signy ForstromDerivsh & Banges
Come onWith Mervyn Strangewayes, Zared Katsaros-StyxDerivhs & Banges
A Prickly DiscoveryWith Mervyn StrangewayesGarden
Perking up Mr Prickles
SubstitutionsWith Zennon Baros, Uno BearSlytherin Common Room
Owl race candidate editionWith variousOwl Emporium
Cruel JokeWith Mervyn Strangewayes, Sapphire Michaels, Isaac KainHospital Wing
We need to talkWith Onyx MichaelsGreat Lawn
Ying YangWith Mervyn StrangewayesGreat Hall
Looking for helpWith Sapphire MichaelsSlytherin Common Room

[TD]With Mervyn Strangewayes, Professor Olive Layton[/TD]
[TD]Dungeons[/TD]

[TR]
[TD][url=https://hogwarts.nz/threads/career-fair-2046.11901/#post-1351322]Career's Fair 2046
[/TD]
[TD]With various[/TD]
[TD]Courtyard[/TD]
[/TR]

Please excuse the mess that is this post. This is what happens when you accidentally close a tab and come back to it when you were in the middle of working on it. It shall be fixed once I've napped..

LEDA LORI LAYTON
"Sometimes, the truth hurts, but that's okay."

ulsSmfB.gif

FULL NAME
Leda Lori Layton
DATE OF BIRTH
February 29th 2033
CURRENT AGE
Sixteen
BLOOD STATUS
Muggle Born
NATIONALITY
½ American ½ Scottish
CURRENT RESIDENCE
New Zealand
SCHOOL
Hogwarts New Zealand
HOUSE
Slytherin
MOTHER
Ariana Layton
FATHER
Clement Layton
SIBLINGS
Olive Layton
TITLES
Prefect, HM Reporter & Co-Captain/Seeker
OCCUPATION
Student
DREAM JOB
Journalist
MARITAL STATUS
Single
CHILDREN
None

wFCaHku.png

Thank you Daphne for letting me use your coding!!
THE BASICS:
NAME: Leda Lori Layton
NAME MEANING:

🔥 Leda - The name Leda is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "happy".
🔥 Lori - The laurel tree or sweet bay tree symbolic of honor and victory.
🔥 Layton - The former was named in Old English as 'settlement by the watercourse', from Old English lad 'watercourse' + tun 'enclosure', 'settlement'; the latter as 'leek enclosure' or 'herb garden', from leac 'leek' + tun.
HOMETOWN: USA (Parents house)
CURRENT RESIDENCE: Queenstown, New Zealand (Olive's house)
NICKNAME/ALIAS: Leeds
BIRTHDAY: 29th February 2033
NATIONALITY: Leda's dad is Scottish, and it's where the Layton's get their red hair from. Her mom Ariana is American however, and while a few generations back her family were from England, Ariana is now considered American.
BLOOD STATUS: Muggleborn
SEXUALITY: Asexual - Leda has never felt the desire to be romantically or physically involved with anyone. She has a little experience with both genders, but has no interest in pursuing anything in that regard.
RELATIONSHIP STATUS: Single (Not Looking)
ZODIAC SIGN:Pisces are very friendly, so they often find themselves in a company of very different people. Pisces are selfless, they are always willing to help others, without hoping to get anything back.
ELEMENT: Pisces is a Water sign and as such this zodiac sign is characterized by empathy and expressed emotional capacity, which is surprising because Leda is not like this at all.
PLANET: Their ruling planet is Neptune, so Pisces are more intuitive than others and have an artistic talent. Neptune is connected to music, so Pisces reveal music preferences in the earliest stages of life. They are generous, compassionate and extremely faithful and caring.
EDUCATION: Hogwarts New Zealand
HOGWARTS HOUSE: Slytherin
HOGWARTS YEAR: Sixth Year
FAVORITE CLASS: History of Magic
LEAST FAVORITE CLASS: Divination
CLUBS AND ACTIVITIES: Hogwarts Monthly (Intern), Slytherin Quidditch (Co-Captain), Student Defence Association.
WAND : Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core

🔥 Wood: Dogwood wands are quirky and mischievous; they have playful natures and insist upon partners who can provide them with scope for excitement and fun.
🔥 Core: The animal is known for its healing qualities and unbridled beauty, so it is no surprise that wands with unicorn hair are particularly successful at performing healing spells. Wands with this core bond with their first caster, making wands with this core not good as hand-me-downs. These wands are useful with charms and transfigurations.

LS2XRLO.png
G0PgWU9.png
IJqhNH2.png
uBTpqff.png
hSTCjET.png

k8rRZKR.png
k92WlzE.png
ZaMw5jm.png
Kj6bqeR.png
AU0NRDk.png

APPEARANCE:
PLAY BY: Jane Levy
HAIR: Bright red hair, shoulder length. When she was younger it was very curly, but as she's grown up it's a little straighter.
EYES: Blue/green

BUILD : Leda is of an average height and weight for her age. She's also quite strong, and won't hesitate to show someone as such.
STYLE: Leda very rarely wears trousers, and is much more comfortable in dresses and skirts. She likes to wear flat shoes and tops that are collared. On cold days she will wear knitted jumpers over her outfit. Sometimes she will wear her hair up, especially if she's playing quidditch, and she if usually seen around the castle with a cross body bag. She prefers to wear darker muted colours as opposed to anything too bright.
OTHER DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: Freckles which are more noticeable in summer.

A LITTLE DEEPER:
PERSONALITY: Leda is not a bad person, however she does struggle to understand empathy and common sense. As she is always looking to find ways of making everyone's "boring" life more interesting, she tends to go about this unconventionally as she doesn't understand what is expected of her. She doesn't think too far ahead in the future which sometimes leads her to act irrationally, and it's difficult for her to see a situation as too much to handle due to her sister's over compensation. Leda loves to make up stories of people, unaware that Olive did the same thing to her growing up, and spread these around. While she is not trying to put anyone in harm's way, she just finds it exciting when gossip is spread and is oblivious to the consequences of doing so.

wFCaHku.png

STRENGTHS:
🔥 Imaginative 🔥 Defensive 🔥 "Helpful" 🔥 Excitable 🔥 Inquisitive

WEAKNESSES:
🔥 Unempathetic 🔥 Amoral 🔥 Bossy 🔥 Unperceptive 🔥 Rude

wFCaHku.png

HISTORY: Leda was born on the 29th February 2033, 12 years after the birth of her sister Olive, to Ariana and Clement Layton. Her parents were the owners of an established family business within real estate, but a few months prior to Leda's birth her parents lost the business due to redundancy. Leda was brought up by Olive, who had until then been accustomed to the finer things in life thanks to the income of the business. Growing up, Leda followed in Olive's shadow, trying to live up to her sisters expectations. As Olive was a Gryffindor at Hogwarts Scotland, Leda would often hear about her sisters stories and time at school when she came home for the holidays, and unknown to Leda, Olive used to exaggerate her accomplishments due to not wanting to drop appearances to her friends and family after their financial crisis, and therefore Leda went through her childhood with unrealistic goals and expectations, which leads her to the person she is today.
During Leda's fourth year at Hogwarts, Clement Layton died of a sudden heart attack. This didn't effect Leda too much as she was never close to her parents as they were busy trying to pick up and restage a new business, leaving her always in the care of Olive. It was Olive however that took the majority of this hit, leaving her role at Hogwarts as the Potions Professor to return to their hometown in America and help their mom. During this time Leda felt as though Olive had abandoned her, and the one person she could trust had left her in the blink of an eye for people that Leda believed did not deserve her help. While Ariana may have been their mom, she had done very little to care for her daughters, something with both Olive and Leda had to overcome. When Olive returned to New Zealand a year later, Leda was hesitant to trust her as she felt as though many people in her life were beginning to fall away.
LIKES: Writing, reading, being with friends, quidditch, helping others
DISLIKES: Other people being arrogant, getting hit by bludgers, relationship drama
GOALS: To be as good as Olive, and get a job at the Daily Prophet in order to spread word of unknown truths.
FEARS: Olive or Mervyn leaving her (Even though she's currently mad at Olive, she still wouldn't want to lose her).

STRENGTHS: Leda can be quite imaginative and creative when she puts her mind to it. While it doesn't always work on the best for other students, she is able to put forward information in an exciting and engaging way. Leda is also quite good at leading a small team, because she will happily speak up with ideas and defend those that need it.
WEAKNESSES: Leda has grown up with unrealistic expectations, meaning that what others would usually find to be amoral, Leda does not. While she tries to help others around her, she usually goes about this in the wrong way and without realisation of the consequences or what it means. She is also far from subtle, so when she is trying to get information to write about, she doesn't always go about this well. Empathy isn't her strong point either, so she finds it quite difficult to make friends. She does have a couple but Mervyn is the only one she would consider herself close to, as he is on a similar wave length.
MIRROR OF ERISED : Unknown
BOGGART: Unknown
PATRONUS: Unknown
AMORTENTIA: Unknown

AESTHETIC: [x]

GJIQiqb.png

wFCaHku.png

MOMFATHERSISTER
3luPg0r.gif

Ariana Layton
TBC
Muggle
Real Estate
NZt5Ruz.gif

Clement Layton (Cobble****)
TBC

Muggle
Deceased 2047
12113.jpg

Olive Layton
05/2020
Muggleborn
Gryffindor
ADDITIONAL FAMILY MEMBERS
(That have HNZ accounts)
Wendall Layton (Cousin)
13351.jpg

Professor Monty Pendleton (Distant Cousin)
9580.jpg

Margo Ellis (Distant Cousin)
11215.jpg

Phineas Ellis (Distant Cousin)
12552.jpg
FRIENDS & ACQUAINTANCESMervyn Strangewayes (Best Friend)
Alistair Lancaster
Zennon Baros
Sapphire Michaels

Sophie Wilson
Jessica Cade
Gideon Zelinsky

Uno Bear
Odette Madison

Fleur Van Houten
ENEMIES (Easily Made)Syrus Stilinski
Willow Cullen
Blake Irons
Liam Waldgrave

Rama Mowry
James Cade

wFCaHku.png

ROLEPLAYS BEFORE FIRST YEAR:

I got what I wantedWith Charlotte Harper, Hermione WaldenBrightstone

FIRST YEAR

DzMrvFg.png

"I don't even know what to think. I got sorted into Slytherin. Which is weird. Olive was in Gryffindor. Mervyn is in Gryffindor. But apparently, I'm a snake! The castle is like Olive said it would though. There's so much see! So many places to go and explore! I've been showing Mervyn everything I can think of. I think he's going to make a good friend you know. At least a better friend than a lot of people here."

During Leda's first year, she was sorted into Slytherin, the first of her family, and befriended Mervyn Strangewayes, a boy from Gryffindor. She was a little disappointed she wasn't in the same house and him, nor her sister Olive before her, but she was still keen to make the best of her situation and have fun at Hogwarts. She met a number of her housemates, including Charlotte Harper, who unknown to her, was the younger sibling of Odette Harper. Leda and Mervyn quickly gave themselves a reputation as trouble makers, after stealing one of Odette's many yule ball dresses and giving it anonymously to Charlotte, believing they were doing a good deed. The end result however did not go quite according to plan.

ROLEPLAYS:

"Borrowing" BooksWith Mervyn StrangewayesLibrary
A Christmas TragedyWith Mervyn Strangewayes, Charlotte HarperDungeons

S4W64Pk.png

Ao26gbC.png

U P T U R N E D L I O N
Telling you how it really is
(No news is published, these are for RP roles only)

Editor-in-Chief: Leda Layton

Managing Editor:

Illustrator: Agnes Norgaard

Marketing Assistant: Mhairi Olaf

Assistant Editor:

Reporter:

Photographer:

Journalist: Ilija Olaf

Copy Editor:

Columnist: Wendall Layton (Part-time)

Intern:

Freelance Photographers: