Candy Astronomy Professor Please Stand Up?

Leda Layton

hates secrets 👑 THREE?! | upturned lion editor
OOC First Name
Pheeb
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Asexual (Mervyn)
Wand
Straight 14 1/2 Inch Rigid Dogwood Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
In a bid to get out and do more with Mervyn, Leda had signed up to do Candy Canes deliveries. Unfortunately the second year had been given a Professor as one of the recipients, like she'd ever be able to make friends with one of them. She'd stomped unhappily up to the Towers too of all places, wondering how the Ravenclaw's did this every day. The Gryffindor common room was bad enough, and Leda was grateful that she had everything, more or less, that she needed down in the Dungeons. After hiking her way up all the stairs she eventually made her way to Professor Harrington's office, knocking on the door loudly. Boy, if she wasn't in she was going to be mad.

Professor Harrington heard a knock on the door. She was working on the final exams, writing them out and reworking them from the previous Professor to fit in how she taught the subject. The knock was loud and not during her regular hours. She wondered if it was her daughter. Sighing she stood up and went to the door and opened it, "Ah, yes? How may I help you?" She asked the young students seeing it wasn't her daughter or niece.
OOCOut of Character:
Sorry, I never got a pm about this being posted.

Leda didn't have to wait long before the door opened, and the Slytherin was delighted to see that she wouldn't have to walk all the way back down with a wasted trip. "A present from Honey Bee!" she said enthusiastically. Of course she'd read the notes. It was one of the perks of delivering the candy canes after all. "Here," she said, thrusting the candy cane towards the Professor, finally glad to be rid of it herself. Leda lingered, wondering if she'd get to find out which student in the school was related to the Astronomy professor. It would be great to give them their correct nickname.
Note said:
Dear Aunt Sarah,
Thank you for all your wise advice and counsel. I know you are there looking out for me, which provides a lot of comfort to me!
Love, Honey Bee

Professor Harrington was rather surprised when she opened the door to be handed a candy cane. She instantly knew by the nickname who it was from, her niece. "Oh yes, thank you! I think she'd rather prefer me to be the only one to call her that name," Sarah said with a small wink towards the young student as she opened the note and read it. She was glad her niece was happier now, she always had seemed troubled when she came to visit just out of school. Sarah thought having a boyfriend might be helping to also perk her up and not just the fact her aunt was there.

Leda groaned when the Professor decided she wouldn't be giving up her relatives identity, feeling as though it was an opportunity wasted. "So, are you meeting her for Christmas?" the young Slytherin asked, pressing the issue for any juicy gossip she could get her hands on. Maybe it would narrow down the students that could be considered if they were away from the school at the same time as the teacher in front of her.

Professor Harrington folded up the note with a smile, twirling the candy cane on her finger for a moment. "Oh well, my daughters, husband and I will be having Christmas at home, I think my niece will be headed back to her parent's for the holiday although I'm sure she'll want to come back to New Zealand to spend sometime with us and her boyfriend during the holidays," the Professor said with a small wink. She figured this girl was much too young to be thinking about boys or girls but November was much older than this girl. "Thank you very much for bringing this candy cane to me!" Sarah said with a smile remembering she should thank the student before she disappeared.

It was useless. Leda wasn't getting specifics from this woman, as nice as she seemed to be. Leda only really had Olive as a member of the family and would be spending Christmas at the school with her, but it would have been nice to have an Aunt who was excited to have family round. Leda sighed quietly, listening as she spoke about her family. "No problem. Hope it's not too spicy." she replied with a small smile, before turning on her heels and preparing herself for the journey back down to the Dungeons. She couldn't stand peppermint herself, it was much too strong and burnt her tongue, but apparently many people loved it.

Professor Harrington smiled at the young student, she looked forward to teaching this young student she seemed very friendly and outgoing. Traits Sarah wished for her young niece to have more of. "Thank you!" She called out after the student as the girl left her office. It was such a nice treat to get and brighten her day from all the grading and paperwork she had been working on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back