Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
(Arc)
Wand
Ebony, Dragon heart-string, 9 1/2 inches
Kira browsed the library quietly, a look of soft contentment on her face. Other than the garden, being surrounded by books like this made her more at ease. She had been so excited to finally have a day off where she could just browse. There was a whole new world here- literally- for her to learn and explore. Already her bag was teeming with books she wanted to read. She had made three trips like this before, but all rushed and class related. But now she had the time to pursue other things- books on magical creatures, books on classes she didn't take, books on the famous witches and wizards of the past.

She hummed quietly to herself, her fingers trailing lightly over the books as she studied them. It was good to be able to feel like herself again. To not worry, to not miss her sister so much it hurt. She supposed depending so much on Tyra might be a bit unusual, but she didn't really care. Tyra was her whole world, all that she had left. Coming here had been a hard decision, but in the end, it was better for both of them to have Kira here.

She pulled a book on magical structures off the shelf and began flipping idly through it. Everything was so different here, and so fascinating.

Without Mervyn around, Leda felt as though she was detached from reality. The pair had been a dream team now for years, the ying and yang to one anothers experiments, and without the Gryffindor Leda was just, the yang. The redhead was bored, but didn't feel like heading down to check up on her sister yet again. Olive was so wrapped up now in being a Professor, all she ever spoke about were the Potions she was making. She missed it when it was just the two of them, staying up late at night as they chattered over Olive's own stories from Hogwarts in Scotland. Leda had thought about what other hobbies she could get herself into. Something that would make her noticed and important without drawing so much attention that she would always be the first on someone's mind. She'd had an idea, but wasn't going to let out a peep until she'd spoken to her better half.

She was in the library for now, not being subtle about her distaste for a large number of the materials present. Most of it was garbage and one day she'd make it known to the rest of the school. For now, she had to look at it between the pots of gold. She noticed one girl, probably younger because she definitely wasn't older or in her classes, pick up a book on structures, and as boring as that sounded, at least it wasn't offensive like most other books in the room. The Slytherin stared at the girl for a moment, remembering what it felt like to be so excited about anything. Maybe this was her turn to be as interesting to someone as Olive was to her. "Hi." she grinned at the girl, eager to get started on her new mission.

Kira looked up, comfortable enough for once that she forgot she was shy. She smiled back at the pretty girl, noticing right away that she had to be older. "Oh, hello." Kira figured she herself couldn't be interesting enough to get this girls attention, so she held up the book in her hands. "I'm sorry, were you looking for this?" She held it out, innocence plain in her blue eyes. "I was just looking. My name is Kira," She added hastily, remembering her manners. Tyra would have her head if she thought Kira hadn't been playing nice while she was at school.

Leda grinned a pearly white smile as Kira introduced herself. "Leda." she snapped cheerfully, nodding her head. "No. I'm not." Leda glanced down at the book in her hands, wondering what she could tell her that she possibly wouldn't know. The second year liked to help people, and if that meant giving them hope then that's what she would do, even if it was unlikely it would ever happen. "So structures huh?" she asked in her thick American accent. "You know, Hogwarts is in there. There's parts of the castle, bits that only a few people know about, parts that are enchanted." What she was saying wasn't exactly untrue, but she could certainly make a story out of such a simple element if she gave it a little thought. "Tell me you know the secret room. Please" her eyes bore directly into the younger girls, willing her to admit what she knew. Leda didn't really know to what extent her experience ran, but she was going to do her best to make it sound like the most important place in the school.

Kira looked down at the book again, a little more curious now. "Well, I read about the room of requirement in A History of Hogwarts. The one in England, I mean. I thought that maybe this school might have one, too, but I hadn't really looked into it yet." She smiled up at Leda. "Leda, right? I don't think I've seen you around before. Which house are you in?"

Kira tucked the book into her bag, wondering if eight books were enough. She waved her free hand towards a couple of armchairs at the end of the aisle. "I have some time. We can sit and talk if you want," It came out sounding more like a question than an invitation. Apparently she was still a bit shy, even when she was completely at ease.

"I knew you were amazing." she stated, pulling a chair out and taking a seat beside Kira as she correctly referenced the room she was getting at. Clearly this task was now going to be a little more difficult, but she still had hope. "I thought so. I'm in Slytherin. Second Year. You're first?" she asked, her smile never leaving her face. It was quite disturbing actually how easily she could just leave her face in a constant state of pleasant. "Yes! Great. Perfect!" She clapped her hands together, "The Room of Requirement. It's not just in Scotland." she began, hoping that just the admission itself would be enough to entice the younger student into her story. "I've seen it" she whispered, dramatic and careful not to allow any of the other students around them to over hear her by accident. "Obviously, I'm only telling you, because you like magical structures. Right?" she asked, raising her eyebrows, her hands constantly flurrying around in the air with the rhythm of her words.

Kira sat with the upperclassman and smiled. "Yes, first year Ravenclaw." Leda seemed so animated and lively. Kira couldn't help but be amused. She was enjoying herself, and she couldn't help but think maybe she was making friends. Kira listened attentively to everything she said. When her companion asked about magical structures, Kira shrugged. "A bit. My family built the Inn in Arrowtown decades ago, and my sister's new husband dabbles in construction and landscaping. I saw the book and I became interested in the differences between muggle structures and magical. My sister and I just found out about magic when my letter came in."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back