Last BOOK you read

currently reading wolfsbane and mistletoe this is a collection of short stories about werewolves at christmas. it is good I had it for christmas of my sister, as she knows i am going through a ww phase (since i got briar bitten at least)
and the last book i finished is harry potter and the goblet of fire, and i am pretty sure you know what it is about.

Jinx By Meg Cabot.

I really am a huge Cabot fan. Her books are very fantastic. Anyway, Jinx is about a girl named Jean who always messes up. She always says it was bad luck that makes everything around her screw up when the real reason is that she's the one who was causing her own bad luck because she doesn't believes her gift. The gift her great-great-great-whatsoever grandmother, Branwen gave to her. She doesn't now she's a witch though but she'll find out in the end and save herself from her evil psychotic cousin who performs black magic against her. The book is about witchcraft, comedy, mystery and romance.

</SIZE></FONT>
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green
<FONT font="Verdana"><SIZE size="50">
Superb. I really liked loved it so much. I find the story so relatively amazing and moving. Which makes me want to find my Augustus Waters someday. It was sad at the ending but then the story is really satisfying. Other than that I find the characters fascinating, modern and delightful. John Green is an inspiration to me, his use words are simple magnificent.

The Other Life by Susanne Winnacker

I'm still reading it but I'm nearly finished! xD
I really like this book.I love it when the character is my age so I can relate better to them.It's a mixture of thriller and love.(my favorite mix).It has a really goes story-line and I've found I can't put it down when I start reading it!It's really catchy and thrilling.It's never boring!.Anyone who likes The Hunger Games and The Gone series will love it!

The Lost Hero by Rick Riordan

I really liked the story. And it was connected to the Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series as well. It shows Roman mythology and is the first book in the series Heroes of Mount Olympus.

The Devil All the Time by Donald Ray Pollock
It's not something I would normally read, but it was pretty good.

What a coincidence, Khione! :woot:

I'm currently reading Mockingjay too! It's absolutely awesome. Hehe :p Didn't have the chance to read Catching Fire though, unfortunately since mostly the bookstores here confirmed the book "sold out".

Anyway, the last book(s) I read was Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone by J.K Rowling and The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

The Vladimir Todd Chronicles

A really good series of books that center around a teenage vampire doing average teenage vampire things. So basically having a hard time hiding his secret and I really enjoyed it, read the second book in a matter of eight hours.

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins.

The book is great. Though it didn't thrilled me like I was expecting it too. But still, it was a great book. With Peeta and Katniss ending up with each other. I give this book a 4/5 stars.

The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan

The third book of the Percy Jackson and The Olympians series and tis is awesome. The story is awesome even though I read this book series a hundred times now.

Eragon by Christopher Paolini.
Ha! Finally I found a good distraction. I loved it, and now I have the second and third book. Really worth a shot of trying.

^^There is a fourth and fifth one too :r
Snow falling on Cedars by David Guterson
This book was really rather boring to me at first and was not something I usually read, but seeing as it was for an english assignment it was no choice but to read it. However after about the ffirst hundred or so pages, it became much easier and less dense after all it is just over 400 pages long. It had a unique way of describing the environment and the characters were all so believeable. In the end I actually enjoyed it.

Now currently reading The Real Inspector Hound by Tom Stoppard, which is actually a play, but still xD

I just re-read Atomised, by Michel Houellebecq.

That...that sure was a book. I forgot just how many sexual references there were. It got to the point where I didn't feel comfortable reading it in public because...well, most of the book was about modern views on sex. It wasn't crass, just...yeah, there was a lot in there. And right before that I re-read Lolita...yeah xD

I'm currently reading Possession, by A. S. Byatt, which is much much nicer in comparison to the last two. I've seen (most of) the movie before but it was about time I actually made an attempt at reading the book. Which is very good.

Elaine Desmond said:
^^There is a fourth and fifth one too :r
No really?! I know that there's a fourth one but never knew there was a fifth! What's the title?!

I doesn't have a title yet. It's still being written.

The Real Inspector Hound by Tom Stoppard.

I literally just finished reading this and i must say it is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. It is just so hilarious. I have to admitt that it is alittle hard to follow at times, but I would recommend it to anyone whom wants a laugh.

Richard III
By one Sir Wilington "Willm Shakp" Shakspere[note]Just spellin' things the way he decided to sometimes spell them :r [note]

Just hilarious. I think his histories are too often over looked, and this one's brilliant. Tragic in the Greek sense of a noble hero's death through a fault of their own (but not in that we grieve Richard's death, or even necessarily experience a catharsis), and Shakespeare's wit without the same template he used in all of his comedies.
I'd seen the play performed at Stratford[note]Ontario :p [note] and just recently decided to read it. So glad I did. I was literally laughing out loud as I read the end.

The Battle Of The Labyrinth by Rick Riordan

Well, the story is getting more exciting. Can't wait to read the last book ^_^

Animal Farm

Such a powerful book, hidden under the disguise of a simple childrens book, but it's so much more and I'm glad that I decided to read it, it's so fascinating and I am enjoying every page.

Lucky Man by Michael J. Fox.

He's so lovely and awesome sigh.

1st to Die by James Patterson

Had me gripped to the last page. Now reading the sequel 2nd Chance

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore

It's a weird science-fiction book with aliens and all of that. But the characters are cool.

Andrea Kelize said:

It's a weird science-fiction book with aliens and all of that. But the characters are cool.
I loved that book and the movie! :woot: there is a second and third book to the series

I just finished Burning Bright by Tracy Chevalier
Its not the type of book that I would usually read but since I can't buy a book till the Junior Cert is over,I have to make do with what my mam reads which actually isn't so bad.This was about London during the time of the French Revolution.The famous William Blake is a character in the book and I must say it was quite a read

the second last book I read was The Judge
It was a really good murder,crime law book.(I'm liking these books more and more) Easy to follow and has a nice twist at the end and a few surprises along the way.It had me hooked from the beginning!

Kate Moon said:
Andrea Kelize said:

I loved that book and the movie! :woot: there is a second and third book to the series
Aww, me too :wub: Alex Pettyfer is soo hot! And that's coming from a 12 year old :p Wait. There's a third book? I thought it was only I Am Number Four and The Power Of Six! o_O

I just read A Games of Thrones. I decided to read it before I start to watch the series, and now I'm psyched to watch the series ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back