ISO friends- mum friends? school friends? something more..?

Penny Strawbridge

Rough Patch l Mum to Finn and Felicity

OOC First Name
Liz
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
12.75” Vine, with Hippogriff feather core
Kia ora koutou!

So while I wait for sorting for my young one, I thought I'd start RPing Penny! I've put a bit of time into character development, you can read her bio here, but basically she is a 35 year old witch in an unhappy marriage. Penny's husband is a muggle farmer in Marlborough, New Zealand, and they've been having... let's say differences in opinion regarding how to raise their kids/ how much exposure they should have to magic. Penny has all but isolated herself from the magical world in the last ten years as she has focused on her family, however with her oldest off to Hogwarts NZ soon, she is feeling a strong urge to be a part of the magical community again. I'm not sure at this point what will happen with her marriage, but if the right person comes along I'm open to her moving on with someone else.

Basically I'm looking for any kind of friends/acquaintances for Penny, preferably around the same age (30-40);

-Old school friends (Penny attended Hogwarts Scotland from 2029-2035)
-Old Ministry of Magic friends (Penny worked in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement from 2035-2040 at the UK Ministry of Magic)
-Parent friends (mums, dads, whoever might be able to relate to a crazy 8 year old and a moody pre-teen)
-New friends (a chance meeting perhaps? a meet-cute?)
-Open to suggestions!

If you have a character who you think could work in with this, or have a completely different idea please let me know! Basically I'd love to get into some RPing so I'm open to anything ^_^

Hello!

I have a professor, @Professor Quinn Mercury who I am happy to offer for Penny! She needs some more friends hehe! She's from America and teaches Arithmancy. Her bio is here if you'd like to get to know her a bit better!

Let me know! :D

Hello so for Penny i can offer you Zoe Salomon as a parents friend.
Zoe have a 12 yo boy who is at Hogwarts and she still kinda anxious about how people at school gonna treat him because of all the blood status thing you know .She can seem cold from afar but when you get to know her she is a very warm person. When her husband died, she closed in on herself which created a void in her relationships with others. But she has decided to change her lifestyle and intends to meet/make new friends. :D (if you need more info the link for her bio is below ;) )

Hello hello!! I have a few adult characters I can offer you! ^_^ I'm still re-organizing all my characters bios so I will give you a brief description if that's okay!

I have Kennedy Pratt who also went to HS Scotland and was in Ravenclaw too!! :D She went between 2024-2031 though, so she's a few years older than Penny :unsure: but since they were both in Ravenclaw they could know each other? She used to work in the French Ministry of Magic, then was a Divination professor at HNZ for a while, but is now the Divination professor at HS Scotland. :D After her parent's death, she was granted guardianship of all her siblings and had to become a parent to them overnight, so she has learned a lot about parenting! And she also left a serious fiance when she fled to NZ so she can influence Penny to leave her husband :r

I also have my oldest character (both in age and in terms of the site :cry: ) my OG character Isabella Chaos, and she's 44 so she's a lot older but if you want they can still be friends? Idk how but I'm just offering her in case you can think of anything ^_^ She is a famous fashion designer but a single parent to 2 kids who will be going to hogwarts soon too

Well, Penny already looks pretty popular, but figured I'd throw my hat into the ring too :r

Was intrigued about the whole "differences on magic exposure" idea and thought I might offer Elliot's Dad, Oscar Brooks. He's a muggle and while Elliot's older than Penny's kids, he's just starting to really try and involve himself in the magical world, so he and Penny might have some common touch points while they both navigate that (oh the joys of raising magical kids).

Wow! thank you guys, your characters all sound really interesting! Heaps of potential here for fun RPs I reckon!

I think I'll message you all if that's okay, otherwise this thread might get a little complicated- thanks again! :wub:

Edit: If anyone else has ideas or characters they think could fit with Penny, I'd still love to hear them! The more the merrier :D

Last edited:
Hello!
I have Rebeca Mcleod and she work Minestry of magic. Mayby they can be friends work? Penny and Rebeca?

Hey Liz!

I have my character Teila Owens-Lee that I can offer. She's in her thirties, a couple of years older than Penny, and I think they could get along! Teila's clock is ticking and she's considering adopting or finding a surrogate, so maybe after meeting Penny's children it could give her that push to do so. I haven't RPed with her much lately, but she's a very good at baking and always willing to give people a sample of her treats! At the moment she's trying to get together her own business, but she's always hanging around the streets of New Zealand and loves going out and being social, so perhaps they could meet somehow that way?

Let me know what you think! ^_^

-Kaye.

Hello!
I have Rebeca Mcleod and she work Minestry of magic. Mayby they can be friends work? Penny and Rebeca?

Hi Maiya! Apologies for the late reply!

I think that sounds great! Penny doesn't currently work for the Ministry, but I might apply in future. We could either have them meet before then, or if Penny is hired they could meet at work? I'm happy either way ^_^

Hey Liz!

I have my character Teila Owens-Lee that I can offer. She's in her thirties, a couple of years older than Penny, and I think they could get along! Teila's clock is ticking and she's considering adopting or finding a surrogate, so maybe after meeting Penny's children it could give her that push to do so. I haven't RPed with her much lately, but she's a very good at baking and always willing to give people a sample of her treats! At the moment she's trying to get together her own business, but she's always hanging around the streets of New Zealand and loves going out and being social, so perhaps they could meet somehow that way?

Let me know what you think! ^_^

-Kaye.

Thanks Kaye, that sounds great! The more friends drawing Penny back into the magical world the better! Would you like me to start a little RP for them sometime soon? We could figure out a funny meeting in some strange part of NZ. Where does Teila normally live?

(Also apologies for the delayed reply!)

Thanks Kaye, that sounds great! The more friends drawing Penny back into the magical world the better! Would you like me to start a little RP for them sometime soon? We could figure out a funny meeting in some strange part of NZ. Where does Teila normally live?

(Also apologies for the delayed reply!)
That's okay, I'm happy you're on board :wub: She lives on the South Island of New Zealand so perhaps somewhere there? But she does go to the North as well to shop.

Thanks!

Hi Liz!

I've got a few characters who could be potential friends, though they're mostly a bit older than her.

Maria Madison is the counsellor at HNZ and she's got four adopted children, the youngest being in fourth year at HNZ. Because she's at the other end of the nest emptying she might be an interesting glimpse into the future for Penny, and being a counsellor she could maybe offer some friendly guidance regarding her marriage.

Kyle Alcott-Ward is likewise a dad with an empty nest, though both of his daughters are in their 20s now. He's a pretty lonely guy (his husband works at HNZ so the house is empty a lot of the time) and could really use some friends, though Kyle doesn't really have his stuff together the way Maria does, he's not-so-secretly a bit of a mess :p

Alexander Alcott
(doesn't have a bio yet oops) is Kyle's younger brother who's just moved back to NZ from France so his kids can attend HNZ. He's not a terribly responsible person, a bit more of a party animal than the fatherly type. He does love his kids, he just doesn't really know what to do with them. If you wanted Penny to have... idk, this doesn't feel like the right term, but a "rebellious phase" he could be a good bad influence :p

~Professor Kahurangi Josephs is on the other end of the parenthood timeline - she's wanted to be a mum for years, and she's currently pregnant with her first child via donor. She actually grew up with a very similar parenting situation - her mother was very keen for her to be part of the magical world, but her father insisted it was all a bit nonsense, and said he would only allow her to go to Hogwarts if she went and got a Real Degree afterwards, which gave her some slightly unrealistic standards for herself and held her career back quite a bit. She could give some helpful insights having lived as a child torn in that way, and maybe help encourage Penny to defy her husband a bit & introduce the kids to magic more?

So yeah a few different plot options there! Lemme know if any of them strike your fancy and we can go from there :D

Hi Liz!

I've got a few characters who could be potential friends, though they're mostly a bit older than her.

Maria Madison is the counsellor at HNZ and she's got four adopted children, the youngest being in fourth year at HNZ. Because she's at the other end of the nest emptying she might be an interesting glimpse into the future for Penny, and being a counsellor she could maybe offer some friendly guidance regarding her marriage.

Kyle Alcott-Ward is likewise a dad with an empty nest, though both of his daughters are in their 20s now. He's a pretty lonely guy (his husband works at HNZ so the house is empty a lot of the time) and could really use some friends, though Kyle doesn't really have his stuff together the way Maria does, he's not-so-secretly a bit of a mess :p

Alexander Alcott (doesn't have a bio yet oops) is Kyle's younger brother who's just moved back to NZ from France so his kids can attend HNZ. He's not a terribly responsible person, a bit more of a party animal than the fatherly type. He does love his kids, he just doesn't really know what to do with them. If you wanted Penny to have... idk, this doesn't feel like the right term, but a "rebellious phase" he could be a good bad influence :p

~Professor Kahurangi Josephs is on the other end of the parenthood timeline - she's wanted to be a mum for years, and she's currently pregnant with her first child via donor. She actually grew up with a very similar parenting situation - her mother was very keen for her to be part of the magical world, but her father insisted it was all a bit nonsense, and said he would only allow her to go to Hogwarts if she went and got a Real Degree afterwards, which gave her some slightly unrealistic standards for herself and held her career back quite a bit. She could give some helpful insights having lived as a child torn in that way, and maybe help encourage Penny to defy her husband a bit & introduce the kids to magic more?

So yeah a few different plot options there! Lemme know if any of them strike your fancy and we can go from there :D
Rowan! Wow! ^_^ Thank you so much, I'd love to set up a few RPs with you. I'll send you a message so we can bounce ideas around, if that works for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back