Injured students!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Professor King handed Courtney his own Handkercheif now and walked over to Bellatrix's still body, whispered something in her ear, and picked up her wand.

Liz bit her lip, willing the tears to go away. For what she was about to attempt, she would need all the composure she could get.

Not much of that available.. she thought, sulkily.

Liz smiled at the handkerchief Sophia has loaned her. She'd have to repay Sophia later.

Suddenly, before anyone had a chance to react, Liz used her arms to lift herself out of bed. "Accio broom!" she called. It was hard to walk on her own. Her broom could be her crutch. While she waited for the broom, she staggered towards Alicia and the minister.

Courtney took the handkercheifs from both ELizabeth and the Professor, "Thanks."

She immediately dropped them once Liz got up. "W-what are you do-doing?"

Having see a wounded girl stand up and summon a broom the minister flicked his wand, the broom stopped moving, wherever it was, and then he yelled "EXPELLIARMUS!" he wasn't sure what this girl wanted to do, but it was NOT going to happen!

Liz let her wand leave her hand. "Good." she said to the minister, wincing. "Now that I have your attention, I'd like to request of both you and Alicia that Bellatrix is given another chance. A final chance."

She leaned on a nearby table, and turned back to Courtney, grinning very slightly. "I've walked with worse injuries before. Remember, I'm a beater."

She stumbled a bit, and spoke again to Alicia and the minister. "No life is a life worth wasting, and every life is one worth redemption. Please, one final chance."

"Quite the persistant one isn't she?" Gellert addressed to the Headmistress, "Young lady, this witch has tried to kill two people, assisted in killing one of those two, and the way I hear it has cursed far more people then the ministry had been told about.... would all of those lives, and the life of Rose be equivalent to the torment of one soul?" he paused to make his point clearer, "If punishing one, will save many, then I have no choice... but please allow me to discuss this more with your Headmistress..."

Liz bit her lip. His arguements made sense. But she didn't want them to.

"What kind of punishment? A kiss?" she flinched. "That's not a punishment- that's death. Punishment is something you can recover from and use to learn from your mistakes." she clenched one hand into a fist, and released it. Redirection of pain. "Doesn't the ministry have an alternative to Azkaban? Honestly, if I were put in there, I don't think I'd come out any better. I think I would simply go mad."

Elizabeth Malfoy said:
Liz bit her lip. His arguements made sense. But she didn't want them to.

"What kind of punishment? A kiss?" she flinched. "That's not a punishment- that's death. Punishment is something you can recover from and use to learn from your mistakes." she clenched one hand into a fist, and released it. Redirection of pain. "Doesn't the ministry have an alternative to Azkaban? Honestly, if I were put in there, I don't think I'd come out any better. I think I would simply go mad."
"Of course they do..." Professor King mumbled from the opposite end of the room, "Snapping a persons wand..."

"Your professor is, of course, correct, we also may snap her wand..." he paused to answer the young girls other questions, "But in no way had we planned the girl to be kissed, you can live in Azkaban without the kiss...."

Liz barely managed to stop herself from rolling her eyes. "Oh, right. And living in Azkaban helped her so much last time. I'm sorry sir, I know I'm stepping out of my place, but wouldn't the best solution be to simply... show her what care is?" Liz asked. "Honestly, she hasn't been shown much of it. Snapping her wand or putting her in Azkaban would make that even more evident. If we snapped her wand, I don't know if she'd manage to get another one or not. She's sneaky- she probably could eventually. And when she did, she'd be angry." Liz's eyes sparked. "I think that the problem should be solved rather than destroyed."

Professor walked over and handed liz some crutches and stood right behind her. "Minister of magic please teh death of bella would do the world good but sending her to that deathly place is just going to cause more grief and leave room for another to follow in her footstep" Durick could and would not see and more students Suffer , even if they were evil. everyone deserve achance.

"What about a memory charm that would erease her memories"

Elizabeth Malfoy said:
Liz barely managed to stop herself from rolling her eyes. "Oh, right. And living in Azkaban helped her so much last time. I'm sorry sir, I know I'm stepping out of my place, but wouldn't the best solution be to simply... show her what care is?" Liz asked. "Honestly, she hasn't been shown much of it. Snapping her wand or putting her in Azkaban would make that even more evident. If we snapped her wand, I don't know if she'd manage to get another one or not. She's sneaky- she probably could eventually. And when she did, she'd be angry." Liz's eyes sparked. "I think that the problem should be solved rather than destroyed."
"First off, we gave her a chance, the head mistress tells me the school gave her many more, isn't THAT caring? Apparently you've tried to befriend her, isn't THAT caring?! If you choose to be ignorant I will not fix that, but a punishment is necessary, although what it is to be I do not yet know, but another free pass is simple out of the question!" by this time the minister could not bear to be talked to like he didnt have a CLUE what was going on...

Courtney saw that liz was being ganged up on, she immediately got out of bed, holding her arm to avoid the pain. As she approached the back of Liz, she whispered "I'm sticking with you."

She looked to the minister of magic and the professors, "Elizabeth is right, destroying her wand will not solve anything. It will not help her learn from her actions. Yes a few students act caring towards her, but the majority of the school is hostile. No wonder she casts so many unforgiveable curses."

"I thank you for defending my cause King, but I will take it from here ;) "

"And secondly, young man, I do not know where you seem to get off unterrupting this all, but I will inform you of many things now, we did not nor do we currently, plan to kill ms. green, therefore your arguement appears to fall apart, however I will continue to show you the errors in it. A memory charm would give us a clueless and entirely fake witch, and that charm could easily be removed by anyone at which time, she will become fuming mad at myself and the entire world that shunned her.... I will not stand for this...."

Liz looked upset, but backed down. There wasn't any convincing this guy.

She hobbled to retrieve her wand, and summoned her broom once more. "Accio broom!" she turned to the minister sadly. "Please don't interfere this time. It's my crutch."

Waiting for the broom, Liz looked at Courtney. She knew that the minister and professor were right. I just wish they weren't. She thought, eyes glazing with tears once more, that she was determined to hide from the minister. Merlin knows if this one was being influenced unknowingly by Death Eaters.

She would talk to Courtney later. They'd come up with a plan. Bellatrix couldn't be helped at this exact moment.

"Thank merlin I have your friendship" Liz said to Courtney.

"THREE OF WHICH HAD BEEN CAST AT ME!" Prof. King exclaimed, "I have also given her many chances and am on sides with you two also, but, we must allow the minister to continue with thinking of an acceptable punisment, at which point we can fight him...." he smilied menacingly towards the minister.... "You will give her a trial I presume ;) ?"

Sophia was not happy to see that Liz and Courtney had both gotten out of bed. She did not figure she could get them both to lie back down, but she could at least help them stand, which she did. Standing behind the two girls, Sophia was ready to catch them or run or do anything to help them.

"FINITE!" the minister boomed, "You have been given crutches, nice try, and King, you are not to defend these witches! I will do as I please....!"

"This is ridiculus...regardless of her crimes you would send her back to that pt in the ground you call prison she needs love and compassion..." Durick turned to Liz and winked. "these girls have shown her this and for them she has changed but the school is still against her. I would be hostile to." Durick had to look away he was loosing his temper and had to take a second to calm back down.

Courtney gasped at the minister of magic. "DEFEND these witches?! We are in the hospital wing for magic's sake! We have done nothing worth DEFENDING!" She was becoming aggravated with this horrible man.

"Professor Forrest, you would do well to leave now, the minister has a temper as well... and this is in NO way your battle just yet ;) " he winked then continued, "And minister, of course you will do what you please, but a trial is her very first basic right :) "

Liz glared at the minister. Now she wasn't sad. No, she was mad. "Accio broom!" she said, once again. "Crutches aren't as easy to maneuver as a broom, and I don't see that it's any of your business whether I use a crutch or a broom. You're minister of magic, not minister of ridiculous decisions about minor injuries!"

She held her hand out, waiting for her broom. It could support herself and Courtney, easily.

Liz grinned at professor King. "Not that we need defending, but hey! He's at least got the right idea."

"You can fly away with the broom, FINITE! and King, you would do well to forget the law for once and remember who EXACTLY employs you :D " this seemed to strike a nerve with Prof. King, but the Minister loved to throw salt in the wound, "Forgot didn't you?"

Professor Forrest stood back but refused to leave. He would stay back in the corner. If any thing happened he would react and not hesitate. He was a professor and his number one task was to protect ALL students and he would do just that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back