Closed Definitely not a date

For a moment, Cas thought he understood. He recognized what Linden said. Surprise flickered in his eyes, followed by his shoulders relaxing a little as love and warmth washed over his face, replaced quickly by doubt and uncertainty. That's… Linden loves me. Like really loves me. Wait, no. He couldn't?

Casper's emotions were at war with him. He stuttered a moment, but slowly managed a question. "Linden… what am I?" Casper asked, his voice wavering.

Linden felt a swell as emotions crossed Caspers face. Had he finally been able to say what he had been trying to? finally, get his feelings through to Casper without messing it up? But then they were gone replaced a look that he was used to seeing on Caspers face. That uncertainty. “You are Casper. You are beautiful inside and out, you are an artist, a rockstar, my best friend, my, my Cas.” he said. As the choir reached some crescendo of the song as if the whole world was waiting for one of them to make a move.

Casper didn’t understand. What was Linden saying? It felt like more pretty words. But- it felt like there was supposed to be more behind it. “Your Cas?” He asked softly. “I… I don’t know what that means,” He murmured softly, holding onto Lindens hand a little tighter.

Linden felt like he was on the edge of something. One step wrong either way and he would fall past the point of return. He blushed slightly at cas’s question. “Yes my cas. Not saying that you aren’t your own cas too. I don’t know what it means exactly either. I’m not claiming that you aren’t your own person. But I don’t know what else to think of you as” he said hoping it made some form of sense.

Casper stammered a bit, trying to get his bearings. His Cas? His Cas? Casper bit his lip, What was that supposed to mean? He shifted, rubbing his face against Lindens’ shoulder. “You shouldn’t be thinking of me,” He offered softly, bringing his arms up and clutching lightly to the edge of Lindens shirt. “You’ve never…I don’t understand,” Cas murmured, hiding his face again.

As casper leaned against him linden put his arms around him. “Of course i should be thinking about you” he said but probably not in the way i do he continued the thought. He shook his head slightly. “I know. i didn’t. But now. Well now. It isn’t the same” he said. Resting his head against caspers.

He looked up as he heard some giggled and wooing from not to far away. A group of girls, a few years younger than the two of them laughing and making crude gestures. Even not in german it was easy to pick up on what they were getting at. “Should we look a little further?” he asked.

Isn’t the same? But… what? A million things flashed through Caspers mind, and he couldn’t make sense of any of it. He shut his eyes, snuggling more into Linden. Casper opened his mouth to ask another question, but Linden spoke first. Blushing, Casper pulled away, wrapping his arms around himself and letting his hair fall to cover his eyes. “Yeah, yeah sure, that sounds fun,” He agreed softly.

Lin could get used to holding casper. To casper snuggling against him. But maybe not here in the middle of a busy pathway in the market. Somewhere a little more… Get your mind out of the gutter lin he chided himself.

As soon as they split apart, Cas started folding himself up again like he was folding an origami. He put his arm around cas. A gesture that at the start of the evening would have made him triple think, now feeling more comfortable than not doing it. As they walked down past a stall with christmas decorations and wooden childrens toys he looked at cas and absentmindedly brushed the hair out of his eyes. “What do you want to do now?” he asked softly.

Caspers breath caught when Linden put an arm around him. Cas sighed, letting Linden lead him. He shut his eyes when Linden brushed his hair back, leaning into the touch. “Um- another hot chocolate would be nice,” He offered gently. “Or something to eat,” He opened his eyes to look at Linden. Casper considered it a moment, but decided to try and test his luck, leaning over and pressing a soft kiss to Lindens cheek.

Linden wandered down the path cas’ warmth next to him their own island of warmth against the cold air. He nodded as cas suggested another drink and some food. It sounded nice. “Good idea. Then maybe we can find somewhere to eat drink and talk” he said. It seemed like they both had things to talk through if tonight wasn’t going to end in a disaster.

Just then something white caught his eye. He looked as it fell then looked up at the sky. “It’s sno-“ he started to say before he was cut off mid-word by the soft tickle of breath in his ear before caspers lips touched his cheek. it was only a second before cas pulled away. He felt his face in fire. He raised his hand to the spot where Caspers lips had been. He tried to open his mouth but he was speechless he leaned over and quickly kissed cas on the cheek. Thinking that they really needed to talk this over before one of them went too far to back out.

Casper swallowed nervously as he pulled back, unsure of what Lin might do. His breath caught when he felt the kiss on his cheek, and he pressed in closer to Linden. “I could definitely use that drink,” He offered breathlessly, trying to nudge Linden along with him. “It’s cold out here, come on snowflake,” He teased Linden lightly.

Lin had half expected cas to pull away from him when he kissed him. But if anything he moved closer. Lin nodded “yes a drink would be good. I have heard that the mulled wine is worth a try” he said. Interested to try it. He heard cas comment on the cold and nodded. Smiling to himself at the man's last word. Had he just called him snowflake? It was sort of cute. “Have you had roasted chestnuts before? We should get some of those too. And find somewhere warm to sit” he said. Hurriedly stopping by a stand that had them roasting in a big pan. If nothing else the warmth from the pan would hopefully warm Cas up a little.

Cas wrapped his arms around himself, shivering a bit in the cold. “We could get some,” He agreed, both to the wine and the chestnuts. When they got to the stand, Cas drifted closer to it, rubbing his arms. “It’s cold out here, isn’t it?” He asked Linden. Cas shivered again, hugging his arms tighter around himself in a bid for more warmth.

Lin felt cas shiver next to him. Yeah. They will warm you up. He said letting go of his cas to order one come of them. He nodded as cas said it was cold “yeah. It’s not warm” he said . As unfastened his jacket and slid it off, putting it over Caspers shoulders before he could argue. He still had his hoodie on underneath which would keep him warm enough. And even if he wasn’t warm at least cas would be less cold.

He took the cone of chestnuts the man offered and put his free arm back around Caspers shoulders. As they continued to the drink stand.

Cas tried to protest when Linden gave him his jacket, but to no avail. Cas sighed and bit his lip. Well, if Linden wanted to play that way, so could Cas. He took off his scarf and shifted over to Linden, laying the scarf over his neck and knotting it loosely. “Now we’ll both be warm,” He smiled, letting Lin lead them away and towards the drink stand.

“Lin?” Cas looked over to him. “This has all been really kinda great,” Cas smiled shyly. “Did I say thank you yet?” He asked softly, bringing his hand up to clutch gently at the edge of Lindens shirt, not quite but almost putting his arm around Lindens waist to do so.

Lin didn’t regret giving cas his jacket though he could feel the cold air through the fabric of his hoodie. He was kind of glad when cas wrapped his scarf around his neck. “Thank you” he said Glad for its warmth and the smell of Casper that lingered on it. They made their way to the drinks stand. Close together sharing in Caspers warmth. He smiled as cas thanked him. To be honest as the trip was going he felt like he was treating himself to the trip not cas. “You are welcome. I am enjoying it too. I am glad Tara made me come” he said. Feeling Caspers arm reaching for his waist. Setting warmth spreading through his skin.

Cas chuckled, taking the drinks since Linden had the chestnuts and looking around. "Lin, we could explore the stalls and make our way over to that bench with our food?" He asked, pointing out a picnic table a little tucked away from the stands and carts.

Lin was glad that cas took the drinks. Glad that he didn’t have to carry them and risk spilling them as he was a little wabbly on his feet already. Reluctantly he let go of cas to save from knocking him missing the warmth beside him. “I like that idea. It will take the chestnuts a few minutes to cool anyway or they will be too hot to eat and burn when getting them out of the shells” he said. He didn’t mind the drinks getting cold. A quick sneaky charm would fix that. As they wandered along the path. “Let’s look at this one” he said. Moving towards a stall with Christmas decorations. Having just had an idea.

Cas let Lin lead him, feeling himself relaxing more unintentionally. He laughed lightly, unsure why he was even laughing. He leaned his head on Lindens' shoulder for half a moment, straightening as they stopped at a stall. He looked over the decorations, pausing as he spotted a particular ornament. "Lin," Cas reached up, grabbing the snowflake and offering out to him. Cas smiled coyly. "Snowflake for my snowflake?" He teased lightheartedly, not realizing in that moment what he'd said.

Lin chuckled as cas started to laugh. It was a nice sound certainly something that didn’t happen often enough. Such a carefree sound. “So you are enjoying yourself?” He said glad that their date was a hit.

It seemed cas had had seen the same decorations as him. The snowflakes. He had thought of getting them as a way to remember the night. As he was sure it was something he would want to remember in the future. Even if nothing became of it. But cas got there first passing him the decoration. He smiled “that’s what I was thinking. Snowflakes to remember tonight” he said before he realised what it was Cas had actually said. “Hang on. Did you just call me Your snowflake?” He said looking at Cas in surprise.

Cas chuckled at Lindens question, blushing and rubbing the back of his neck. "I mean, I'm not hating it," he offered up shyly. His blush deepened even more when Linden called him out on what he'd said. He stammered for a second, flustered. "I- you- shut up," he griped, grabbing the drinks and turning on his heels, stomping away without Linden and looking indignant.

Lin was glad that Cas was at least not hating the night. Though he hoped that it was going slightly better than a disaster that they would try and block from their memory.

Was it bad that lin was enjoying seeing Cas squirm at his comment? He chuckled at his comment and smiled as he watched Cas stomp off he was so cute when he was indignant. He quickly brought a couple of the snowflakes before following. he reached cas and kissed him lightly on the cheek again. “Snowflake huh. I like it. It’s cute” he said teasing.

Cas tried to stay indignant, but he melted at Lindens kiss. He sighed softly, shutting his eyes. "Was there anywhere else you wanted to stop?" Cas asked, looking up to Linden. On impulse, he leaned in, pressing a soft kiss to Lindens jaw.

Linden looked at cas and couldn’t help but smile. “I think I am good. and the-ease are at a good temptiture now” he said pausing mid word as cas kissed his jaw. Gesturing to the chestnuts. As they made their way towards the picnic tables under the branches and laced with fairy lights. glad that there seemed to be a heater there he set the cone of chestnuts in the hole in the table that in the summer would hold a parasol. “Have you had chestnuts before” he asked.

Casper almost laughed at Lindens reaction to the kiss, biting his lip to help keep a straight face. He kept close, looking around at the falling snow and keeping close to Lindens side. At least, until they reached the picnic table. Cas moved to the side opposite Linden and sat down. “I haven’t, no,”

He told Linden. Getting a bit of space between them was helping to clear his head a bit. He slid Lindens wine over, heating them with a quick, subtle spell before sipping on his and humming softly. “This is good,” He murmured, lowering his eyes to the chestnuts so he wasn’t staring at Linden.

Cas smiled softly as he sipped his drink, the wine warming his chest in a pleasant way. He stole a chestnut, munching on it quietly as he looked around. "This is pretty," he told Lin, trying not to focus too much on the feelings he was trying to ignore. The feelings that had become way too obvious over the night. Cas already knew that it would take a lot of work, and probably kill him to try and bury this all again.

Without realizing he was lost in thought, Casper sighed softly, running a hand through his hair and tugging lightly on the golden strands. He was in trouble, deep trouble, and he knew it. He hugged Lindens hoodie a little closer, debating taking it off altogether. He felt entirely too comfortable in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back