OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather

Not only are we called Hogwarts New Zealand, but a very large share of our traffic is from New Zealand and when something like the attack today happens it affects people deeply.
I want to express my condolences to our users from New Zealand - in the coming days and weeks, as you try to make sense of the senseless, know that you have a community here that is prepared to give you the time and space you need to do that.
Similarly, to any Muslims on the site - as a leader in a religious community, I grieve deeply that these people were seeking to worship God in peace and were targeted because of their faith. I hope and pray that you will feel safe in your places of worship as you continue to live lives of faith, and that Islamophobia gives way to love of neighbour in our world.

I am praying for the families who have lost loved ones in this attack. May we all hold the ones we love dear to us today.

Thanks for the words. I don't know what to say myself yet, but if anyone on the site is worrying about us, I've had contact with every kiwi HNZer (that I'm aware of) and all of us are physically safe and as far as I'm aware noone on the site has lost anybody directly, as none of us are from the Christchurch area. We're all hurting, as the entire country is, but nobody needs to worry about us.

I don't really have words about the attack yet. It hasn't fully sunk in yet. There's a lot of grief, and anger, and a lot of work to be done to ensure nothing like this ever happens again.

Kia kaha Ōtautahi, love to our Muslim siblings here in NZ and around the world. ❤

Thank you for your kind words. I'm slightly still shaken up about it, and slightly feel unsafe at the moment even though i live in Auckland. I have family in Christchurch, praying to god that they are alright. But again, thank you for the kind words. And i hope that any Muslims on this site, you are alright. You deserve to have love and be safe. and if you ever need anything, that i am here.

Kia Kaha <3

Thank you for this. I don't quite know what to say but I know that we appreciate the love and will continue to spread our love too. Kia Kaha.

All of my love goes to anyone who is affected by this, and thank you Rowan for letting us know people are safe.
For anyone on the site who needs anything, please do not hesitate to ask, we are here for you.

To everyone at NZ please don't lose heart. Everyone all around the world grieves with you. You are in our prayers. I know how hard it is to feel unsafe in your own country and it's not a good feeling. All the love.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back