BREAKING NEWS: Dutch Conquered NZ( again).

OOC First Name
Lele
Hey you all!

I wanna say thank you for creating such a /amazing/ site. I already tried to join this RPG for thousands of times, but mostly it was again myself who shamefully heads back to his accustomed homeplace.

I'm Leon, a sixteen years old dutchie who finally got the courage to join.. I'm basically in love with roleplay, and I used to do it on skype and games such as habbo hotel.. I only been a succesfull member for almost a year in my own languaged forum rps, but even there I almost weren't able to post monthly. I've tried to rp in english forum rp for a while now, and for years I already got the idea of joining HNZ, but now I finally wanna do it..

Altrough, I got a lot of questions:

1. I know that races/creatures are a big thing here - what i really like, I always been someone addicted to magical creatures, as I'm one of the few fans of the Scamanders even before anything about the films we're announced - but I just wonder if you could play more than just a halfbreed. For example: could you play a siren, hag, house elf, centaur or even a normal giant?

2. Are there any people around who can tell me how I succesfully join? As in, I dont know if it's used to, but I'm not able to apply for any special ability. Is that because I need to join the membergroup first? Or which group do I need to join as newbie in general?

3. I'm not the best in english, but I'm by far not the worst.. That's why I really wanna know if there are any dutchies around here??

4. Altrough I dont gonna let this put away my abillity to participate /again/: are there any activity checks you need to follow? And is there a maximal amount of words you need to fullfil?

I really love this RP, and I really wanna try to rp here!

Greetings,
Leon!

Hi Leon! I'm still relatively new here so I can't answer all your questions (especially since I've only sorted students so far and haven't applied for anything special myself) but please allow me to welcome you to this site :D I'm also Dutch! You are definitely not alone. If you have any language related questions or want to any questions you'd prefer to ask in Dutch, feel free to pm me! Once you're more settled and have figured out your characters, I'd love to RP some plots :cool:

Hi Leon,

There are loads of dutchies here. I'm not one of them mind, but you are in good company so don't worry about that. There are no minimum posting limits don't worry about that. We can range from essays to short paragraphs, it all depends on the who you plot with, but you should just write as much as your comfortable with, write as little or as much as you want. Activity check, if you are inactive for a period of time your account will be made inactive, I'm not sure how long it is, but getting it reactivated is simple enough so don't worry about it too much.

As for creatures, you can be a centaur, a hag, a house elf. There is a list of what you can apply to be in the magical creatures application. Anything not on the form you should pm an admin or post in the suggestion forum if you think it should be added.

Group wise. You are currently in the unsorted group. Which is where you want to be if you want to sort your character when sorting opens. If you want you character to be something else then you should take a look at the application page which you can find via the Information page found at the top of the screen.

I'm sure the admins will be along soon to answer your questions better than me, but yeah. Welcome to HNZ and I look forward to plotting with you sometime.

Jessica Cade said:
Hi Leon,

There are loads of dutchies here. I'm not one of them mind, but you are in good company so don't worry about that. There are no minimum posting limits don't worry about that. We can range from essays to short paragraphs, it all depends on the who you plot with, but you should just write as much as your comfortable with, write as little or as much as you want. Activity check, if you are inactive for a period of time your account will be made inactive, I'm not sure how long it is, but getting it reactivated is simple enough so don't worry about it too much.

As for creatures, you can be a centaur, a hag, a house elf. There is a list of what you can apply to be in the magical creatures application. Anything not on the form you should pm an admin or post in the suggestion forum if you think it should be added.

Group wise. You are currently in the unsorted group. Which is where you want to be if you want to sort your character when sorting opens. If you want you character to be something else then you should take a look at the application page which you can find via the Information page found at the top of the screen.

I'm sure the admins will be along soon to answer your questions better than me, but yeah. Welcome to HNZ and I look forward to plotting with you sometime.
THANK YOU SO MUCH for the reply. I understand almost all of it, but the creature applications not entirely.. You see, I know there are pages to make applications for it but the problem is that if I want to make a app, they say I'm not possible to do it because I dont got permission to.. Do I firstly need to think of a profesion/usergroup before I make my character out and post the biography? Or.. how does that work?

also, to the admins: is it maybe possible to rp someone who descends from cyclops/one-eyed giants? They do exist in canon, so I really would love to play that!

Filorcan Achelous said:
I'm basically in love with roleplay, and I used to do it on skype and games such as habbo hotel..
Myself and a few others used to RP on Habbo too! :woot:

Welcome, I'm Jesse. I've been on the site for years and I can safely say it's one of the best communities I've been a part of.

In regards to applications, you should submit a Standard Group Change to the simple Members group while you become familiar with the site. This will also make applications available to you.

For Creature applications, you want to look here.
Currently, the creatures listed are: House Elves, Centaurs, Merfolk (Selkies, Merrows, Sirens), Ghosts, and Poltergeists.
However, there is an Other selection in the drop down list, where you can apply for something not listed. I myself have a Hag which I applied for using this, and I've been considering applying for a Troll, also. While you should of course PM an admin regarding something not listed, I think they're generally open to most intelligent creatures in canon, it'll mostly depend on the content of your application.

Esme Lancaster said:
Filorcan Achelous said:
I'm basically in love with roleplay, and I used to do it on skype and games such as habbo hotel..
Myself and a few others used to RP on Habbo too! :woot:

Welcome, I'm Jesse. I've been on the site for years and I can safely say it's one of the best communities I've been a part of.

In regards to applications, you should submit a Standard Group Change to the simple Members group while you become familiar with the site. This will also make applications available to you.

For Creature applications, you want to look here.
Currently, the creatures listed are: House Elves, Centaurs, Merfolk (Selkies, Merrows, Sirens), Ghosts, and Poltergeists.
However, there is an Other selection in the drop down list, where you can apply for something not listed. I myself have a Hag which I applied for using this, and I've been considering applying for a Troll, also. While you should of course PM an admin regarding something not listed, I think they're generally open to most intelligent creatures in canon, it'll mostly depend on the content of your application.
Thank you so much! Then I'll hope I get member soon!

I think everyone has gotten to all your questions so far Leon, but i wanted to say hello! I'm Nichole (Cole) and I've been here forever. We love to welcome new members to the site, and I'm so excited to hear that everyone is being so helpful. I'm from America myself and while I might not be able to help with the language barrier I'm here to help with anything else. Feel free to PM me!

Welcome, Leon! Another ex-Habbo-RPer here :r

It seems everyone has basically answered your questions so far, but if you have any more (or would just like to plot) feel free to drop me a PM! ^_^ I'm so glad you plucked up the courage to join. We're not that scary :teehee: and as Dan basically said English is not the first language of many people here.

Hope to see you around!! :hug:
Claire

Hey Claire! I'm not a ex-habbo rper btw, I still rp it besides HNZ, but I got another question!

Can you rp a ministry officier that isnt on the list? for example, someone who works for a ghoul task force? or.. the beast division? etc!

Oh, awesome :party: it's been a while for me but I still revisit occasionally :D

Hmm... I've never heard anyone ask that before, so I couldn't say for sure! Another one to send the admins' way!! :lol:

Professor Monty Pendleton said:
Oh, awesome :party: it's been a while for me but I still revisit occasionally :D

Hmm... I've never heard anyone ask that before, so I couldn't say for sure! Another one to send the admins' way!! :lol:
I hope the admins could awnser it here, so I don't need to PM them..

If I get no response for a while, I'll just PM one of them anyway!

Hi Leon, welcome to HNZ :woot:

I don't think I have much to add after the responses given before me (ninja'd again :tut: ), so you'll just have to wait for the admins to come along. I can assure you that they check every topic in this forum so hopefully it won't be too long to wait (they are quite busy though, so don't be worried if they can't get to you until tomorrow).

As Jesse said though, any reasonable application will almost-always be approved. Odd creatures and odd ministry workers may well be allowed; just because it's been not done before doesn't mean it can't be started!

If you have any questions, want to chat or want a RP, please do PM me or Skype me.

James

I got another question, so I list them to be simple:

- is it maybe possible to rp someone who descends from one-eyed giants and wizards? They do exist in canon - this canon characters actually called 'cyclops' -, so I really would love to play that as a sub-species of halfgiants!!

- Can you rp a ministry officier that isnt on the list? for example, someone who works for a ghoul task force? or.. the beast division? etc!

- Can you have fanon wandcore that isnt on the list of wandlore?

Another Dutchie, welcome! ^_^
If you have any questions about language or whatever feel free to shoot me a message in Dutch!

Hi Leon nice to meet you! I'm Teigan, I just popped along to answer some of your burning questions! Cyclops, I believe, is only game canon, thus he was not mentioned in the books or the movie. With this he was also only mentioned once, a beast from Ancient Greek legend. So whilst I'm not saying it's impossible, a cyclops is not entirely likely to show up now, however a good application can do many things, you never know, right?

Ministry officials make up a decent portion of the characters on HNZ and I was only just thinking about asking to have more divisions added, so that might be something to look at.

Wands are pretty special, but we've had them changed up more than once, this is probably something to run by the Wanamaker and the staff! ;)

If you have anything else to ask, don't hesitate! I'm not an admin, but I've been here long enough I've seen things, of course it's never a bad idea to ask them anyway.

Professor Sloane Stark said:
Hi Leon nice to meet you! I'm Teigan, I just popped along to answer some of your burning questions! Cyclops, I believe, is only game canon, thus he was not mentioned in the books or the movie. With this he was also only mentioned once, a beast from Ancient Greek legend. So whilst I'm not saying it's impossible, a cyclops is not entirely likely to show up now, however a good application can do many things, you never know, right?

Ministry officials make up a decent portion of the characters on HNZ and I was only just thinking about asking to have more divisions added, so that might be something to look at.

Wands are pretty special, but we've had them changed up more than once, this is probably something to run by the Wanamaker and the staff! ;)

If you have anything else to ask, don't hesitate! I'm not an admin, but I've been here long enough I've seen things, of course it's never a bad idea to ask them anyway.
Extremely thanks for you to pop by! However some questions are perfectly awnsered by you, I still wanna know what the admins themselves think!

oh and btw: how about the dakuwaqa??

Hey Leon! I'm Kaye :wub: It's good to see new people :hug: I've been on the website for over a year now, which isn't very long, but I can still honestly say you've found the best place to rp. The community here is wonderful and don't hesitate to PM me if you're looking to plot! I myself can only speak English so we can't do much about the language barrier, but as Dan said, there are plenty of people here that you can speak to if you're not comfortable with asking something in English.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi and I hope you have lots of fun on the site. Considering your rping history, I'm sure you'll enjoy it :D

Filorcan Achelous said:
I got another question, so I list them to be simple:

- is it maybe possible to rp someone who descends from one-eyed giants and wizards? They do exist in canon - this canon characters actually called 'cyclops' -, so I really would love to play that as a sub-species of halfgiants!!

- Can you rp a ministry officier that isnt on the list? for example, someone who works for a ghoul task force? or.. the beast division? etc!

- Can you have fanon wandcore that isnt on the list of wandlore?
Regarding the cyclops, generally we only accept book canon - content from the games and movies (Including spells made up by either, i.e. Bombarda Maxima) doesn't really exist in our IC. However, I personally see a cyclops as making sense in canon, being perhaps something of a species of giant, particularly around Greece, in the same way mermaids are split into their three individual species (the beautiful sirens, the ugly merrows and selkies). If it wasn't accepted, perhaps you could try to argue having one eye as simply a deformity rather than a racial trait? Or a genetic mutation that runs in his particular giant family, who knows.

I think, to do with the Ministry division you're after, you'd need only to apply for the department that heads it (Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures), and just say that your character works in the specific division you're after under that. The Beast Division is listed within this topic, making it something you can definitely roleplay. While the Ghoul Task Force isn't listed there, this may simply be an oversight as it's mentioned in Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them, so perhaps just mention it to an admin to have it added.

If by fanon wandcores you mean something like, a minotaur horn core, or some other creature that doesn't exist in the Harry Potter universe as far as we know, I don't see it as something likely to be accepted. But using a wand core of something pre-existing, that may not have been listed as a wand core in the Ollivanders topic, should be okay, i.e Graphorn hide, or Hippocampus hair.

Since you do have so many questions, it's probably best to send a PM to an admin regarding them now, rather than waiting for them to get back to you here. You're likely to get a faster and more in depth response by taking it to them directly.

Also if you do get a half-cyclops approved let me know like immediately because I am so down to roleplay with something like that :p

Welcome to the site, Leon. I don't want to turn this into an FAQ section, so thanks for PMing us. We'll get back to you there. :) I hope you enjoy your time on HNZ.

Hey Cyndi!

Thank you for the message! I hope Donna already sent my question to you and the other admins (if there are more?) and that you all trying to get a awnser, if not I would just wait patiently! :D

Hi Leon! And welcome

My name is Jamie and I'm also from the Netherlands woehoee :woot: You don't have to worry just like the others already have said about the language. I'm now a while on HNZ and I've really made some progress with the writing. If you want to plot with my characters just let me know I'm always open for new things. If you want to ask something you can PM me, perhaps I can explain it in dutch so that it is a bit easier.

Have fun around here! I'm sure that is gonna be ok.

Hey Leon :D

Can't wait to see you around! Hopefully we'll be able to rp sometime in the future!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back