Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Single
Sexual Orientation
Asexual
Wand
Straight 9 1/2 Inch Rigid Walnut Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Hello everyone!!! 'Tis I, Clairey, bringing you today's issue of the bi-weekly update. I'm listening to music as I write this, so hopefully I won't accidentally slip any song lyrics in. Let's gooo!! ^_^

End of Semester One
Reaching the end of semester one is always a little bittersweet for me... On the one hand, it reminds me that our first years are growing up way too quickly, but on the other hand, we're about half way to sorting MWAHAHA! Too soon to be excited? I think not :lol:

Anyway, exams are over and the holidays have begun. That means holiday forums are open!! Get out there and RP while you can!

Yule (Summer) Ball!
Notice anything different about the Yule Ball this year? Headmaster Alcott-Ward has decorated the great hall in a summer theme, to reflect the season in NZ!! You can check it out and join in the fun right here. I know posting in a time-restricted forum can be daunting, but don't be afraid to start something on the grounds that you won't be able to finish it or post as much as you'd hoped - plenty of RP's are very short and/or have no solid conclusion, that's part of the fun!!!

Hogwarts Monthly
A brand new edition of the Hogwarts Monthly has been released! It is another great read, with a re-cap of semester one's highlights, an interview with the new headmaster, a nod to HNZ's quidditch players of the past, and so much more. A big thank you to all of the HM staff for putting this together for our enjoyment.

Quidditch - Ilvermorny vs Beauxbatons
The Ilvermorny vs Beauxbatons quidditch match has begun and ended, but you can still read it here. For those who'd prefer a quick summary, Ilvermorny were victorious, managing to catch the snitch before Beauxbatons scored a single goal! Congratulations Ilvermorny :party:

Roleplay Roulette Begins!
As the holiday forums are now open, Roleplay Roulette has officially begun. If you signed up, be sure to check the topic to see who you've been grouped up with. It could be useful to start a group PM with your fellow RPers to discuss the plot and who's going to start it! Once it's posted, don't forget to PM Kiersten with the link so that she can add it to the topic. I can't want to see (and join in) the threads ^_^

Virtual Pumpkin Carving!
Carving a real pumpkin is messy. And stressful. There's no ctrl-z button. Carving a virtual pumpkin, on the other hand, is mess and stress free - all you need is Microsoft Paint (or similar) and you could be in with the chance of winning a little pumpkin symbol by your name for a week! You know you don't want to miss this contest!! 🎃

The Medley - Hiring!
New Zealand's most famous wizarding club, The Medley, needs a new owner!! If you think you've got a character who'd be great for the role, head on over to the application centre and apply. There are so many opportunities for fun events with this one!

• Chloe and Juniper's Housewarming Party - Chloë and Juniper have a Christmas-themed housewarming party for their new apartment, hanging out with a lot of former HNZ faces.
  • Peace Offering - With ice cream as a peace offering, Sky breaks her silence and finds Renata to apologise for the events of the three legged race. As they start to talk more than just an apology comes out.

• Holiday threads! 🎄
  • Roulette madness! :frantics:
  • Pumpkins! 🎃
  • Semester 2️⃣ !

What are you most looking forward to over the next couple of weeks, either on HNZ or in real life? Tell us below!! And as always, feel free to share any questions/comments/concerns below.
Until next time,
Claire :claire:
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Thanks so much for the update claire!

Thanks for the update :D

Thanks for the update Claire!!

Archived

It's time for some new news, so we're archiving this to get it out of the way.

Please make sure to check out the news and updates section for the most up to date site news. If you have any questions about this piece of news, please reach out to an administrator.

~The HNZ Site Staff

Users who are viewing this thread

Back