After the Chaos-Prefects and other students

Estrella had pushed herself into the crowd, shuffling some students towards their respective prefects. She was becoming continually worried about the rest of her friends, and her heart stopped for a moment as she recognized Jaken some feet away. He was speaking with a Professor she did not know. Although she was in no way a clingy person, and this was usually against her ethics, she raced toward him, embracing him in a tight hug before pulling away. "Thank Merlin you're safe!" she breathed, the worry still taking its time to leave her face. She knew that she couldn't stand around all day while such craziness was going on, but she at least had to allow herself a few moments to breath. Still, people were coming through. "Did you get through okay?" she inquired, not even registering who the man next to him was. At this point, she could care less. She'd find out later.

(Alyssa, weren't you with the group of Slytherins I had taken back to the Dungeons? =-/ )

Zoe was looking around, for Slytherins. There was so much confusion as more students were portkeying in, people were running by them as though they themselves were being kidnapped. Though, Zoe was sure that they were almost all back from the volcano, so it would quiet down soon enough. "All Slytherins, report to me right now!" She yelled out, and the were responding to her, and what Professor Lloyd had said, as well, and she noticed the commotion was dying down a little more, and gave a sigh. About three Slytherins and a Ravenclaw were walking towards her, and Zoe directed the ravenclaw in Kailey's direction.

After Kailey entrusted the Ravenclaws with a second year in the tower Kailey ran back down to the lawn where the commotion was and once again started yelling "Ravenclaws over here!" and right away Two Ravenclaws and a Slytherin made there way over to her. She nudged the Slytherin over to Zoe and kept calling for more Ravenclaws to take back to the tower on her second trip.

Jaken turned around, just in time to receive a tight hug from Estrella. He completely forgot of his father's eyes lingering on him. Jaken hugged her back. He smiled in relief, the panic slowly leaving. "Luckily, you are safe as well. And yes, I did. Everyone sure is overreacting about this, aren't they?" Jaken shook his head is disapproval to some of the younger students, thinking they were going to be kidnapped also. "How about you? You aren't hurt in any way, are you?" Jaken then glanced at his father, and muttered, "Oh, this Professor is my dad, by the way."

Estrella was relieved to hear that Jaken was completely okay, nodding to him as she moved in for another hug, pulling away again. She would have to get back to her duty soon, frowning at a student that was running about frantically. "Knock it off!" she stated, "You're perfectly fine." She guided them in the direction of their prefect, looking back to Jaken. Her eyes widened as she looked to the man next to him, not exactly sure what to say. It was quite obvious where Jaken's good looks hadn't come from. "Pleasure to meet you," she stated, recalling that she might have seen him around the school once or twice. "Estrella Drage," she greeted, although this hardly was the time for introductions. She failed to extend her hand, giving the man a weak smile. "Uhm, Slytherins are supposed to be with Zoe, do you want to go over there with her? This is absolutely crazy."

Kalif stared at the girl, who appeared to be Jaken's age, perhaps slightly younger. Kalif then processed that this would have to be Jaken's girlfriend. His eyes narrowed at the last name. Surely this isn't Valcan's granddaughter. Hm, this is interesting. Very interesting Kalif still remained cold as he replied, "Kalif Styx. Due to the circumstances, I suppose Professor Styx, or my first name is fine to address me by." Kalif glanced at Jaken and then he said, "Perhaps I could lead him to the castle. I am a professor after all, and also my son. Seeing that you are a prefect, perhaps you should also help with the others."

Jaken shot a glare at his father for acting so cold to Estrella. Jaken gave a sigh, "I don't know about this, it seems too weird. How could Death Eaters get into the Twiwizard Tournament? Or even know about the location of the task?" Jaken stared at the ground. He wanted to wait for Estrella's responce before leaving with his dad. "Besides, I think Zoe has her hands full." He laughed nervously. Jaken's eyes went from his father's cold stare, to Estrella, and then finally to the chaos all around.

Aphrodite was helping students get to their prefects, when she noticed that Kalif was also joining the confusing scene. She was going to approach him, when she saw him go for his son. After a few moments, she, too walked over and began to talk to them. "The confusion was much worse before. From what I'm hearing, it's true. She's been taken." She said to Kalif, with a bit of a grim look on her face, just a part of the acting she had been doing all this time.

[I actually think its morning...]

Aiden touched the port key and was brought to the lawn. Aiden stumbled back, he absolutly hated portkeys, they always made him sick. Aiden lifted his hand and walked around hoping that Kate and Bia were here.

Kalif waited for his son to leave with him. He heard a familiar voice and turned to Aphrodite. Kalif folded his arms across his chest and said, "That's what a lot of the students have been screaming. And also what my son has seen." He managed to hide his laugh and keep a steady face. "Everyone who knew her well must be heart broken." Kalif wondered who took her. And, at least his cover wasn't blown. Students and other professors might have been more suspicious if he weren't at the castle during the whole chaotic event. Although, one girl seemed to getting suspicious of Kalif and what he really was. Kalif then turned to Jaken, "Go with your prefect. I need to stay at the grounds to ensure that the students get to where they need to be."

Isabella left Aiden back at the Volcano so he could gather up his friends and make sure he was safe. Of all the days for her to be alone, she had to choose this one. She had been avoiding Alyssa and the rest ever since the fight and now she wanted to kick herself for it. What if I never see them again?! she thought, panic-stricken. But then she realized she was over reacting and calmed down, just a little though. She landed on the lawn with the other first years and stood rooted to the same spot for what seemed like forever. Her eyes scanned all the frantic faces of the students and although she was worried for Angus and Annamarie, she knew her heart wouldn't stop beating until she saw those two blonde heads she was looking for. Finally she saw Alyssa's hair glistening in the sun as she walked with their prefect and a few of her other housemates going back to the common room. Her heart slowed down a little but not too much. "Theo," she whispered so only she could hear, though it was not like anyone else could hear her through all this commotion.
Everything was a blur to Bella, but she didn't move, even after the constant yells from Prefects and Professors. She kept getting bumped into but it wasn't until a Prefect snapped at her to move it or else they'd move her, that she began to slowly walk over to Zoe.
She saw Angus standing there with a few other Slytherins and ran over to him. "Hey have you seen Theo?" she asked worried. She prayed he hadn't been at the Task otherwise he could've been hurt. Then she thought of Aiden, who'd probably be trying to save Theo if he was there, despite Theo's protesting, and felt a little better about it because someone else was looking for him too. She bit her lip and waited for further instructions from Zoe, still scanning the sea of students for Theo.

Lily had been running around trying to find all the Ravenclaws she could, and sending the others in the direction of the other prefects. She was a bit nervous, having not seen Blake down on the grounds at all. She hoped that he was still in the dungeons in his house and not in amongst this mess. She was truly hoping he was safe and sound.

She moved over towards Estrella and Kailey. "I think we have most everyone right now. Kailey you want to lead a bunch back to the common room? Someone needs to head back there and get a few people out of the way."

Estrella was incredibly surprised at the coldness that her boyfriend's father exhibited, but she was not in the position to comment on it now. Well, at least Jaken didn't inherit his manners or his looks from this guy. Despite the fact that she could see that he might be trouble in the future, this was no time to sit around and mull about what she thought. Clutching her boyfriend's hand, she stated, "You heard the Professor, come over to your prefect." She wanted to get away from the guy as quickly as possible. He rather gave her the creeps, although she did not want to be rude about it. Breathing harshly, she turned to Jaken after ushering another Ravenclaw student towards Lily. "Would you mind helping out?" she asked. "I know you're not a prefect but at least you could get some younger Slytherins where they're supposed to be." Zoe seemed to be swamped with students, and she figured that the help of any older Slytherin might be appreciated. She smiled weakly at Jaken, attempting not to let the fear show in her eyes. She really was scared, but she couldn't let anyone else see it. Especially the younger students.

Bruin arrived back at the school grounds to find the place in a state of organized mayhem. At first glance, it appeared that the students were being herded like cattle back to their common rooms. He looked around for someone, anyone that he trusted to speak to about this and realized just how short that list was. The few other Prefects that he wanted to speak with appeared very busy with their charges and Bruin figured that the best place for him was back at Gryffindor. Professor King would likely check in there sooner or later and he was the one professor at the school whom he felt he would get the most reliable information.

Bruin rounded up a small group of Gryffindors and with barely more than a "Let's go!" set off towards Gryffindor Tower with them. The students followed him like little lost sheep although Bruin didn't know whether to attribute this to his rather large physical presence, his big brother-type persona, or simply the fact that he was headed in the direction that they wanted to go. It didn't matter one way or the other as long as they arrived back safely.

Jaken grew confused with his father's sudden change of mind. He stared at the other professor before turning to Estrella. He felt her clinch his hand and lead him away from his dad and the stranger. Jaken nodded at Estrella's request, "Yeah, sure. I'll help out." He gave her a warm smile, to try to relieve her of her stress. "I am one of the oldest students here, so maybe they will listen. I'll tell Zoe that I'll help her out, so she won't think of anything bad." Jaken then motioned for some younger Slytherins, and sent them to Zoe. Jaken sighed, wondering what was next. He walked over to Zoe, "I'm sure that you won't mind help, would you?" Jaken glanced in the direction of Estrella, and then to his father. Jaken would keep an eye on Kalif.

When Hilary landed at the grounds she was sure she looked quite a sight. The girl was short, still in her TriWizard robes and holding a broom in her hand. She heard the cries of the prefects and saw Katalina trying to hold down the fort alone. She ran over to her, "KAT!" she cried out relieved "do you need any help?" SHe then saw Aiden wandering around aimlessly, and the prefect that was still inside of her popped out. She quickly walked over to him and calmly grabbed his arm, "Aiden, you need to come over to Kat now."

Belle had been in her office, having chosen to stay behind to work on grading some papers. Suddenly she heard a loud booming voice from the lawn, and recognized it as her boyfriend, Gabe. "Merlin's beard! What is happening out there?" She hurried off to the lawn trying to piece together what had happened along the way. Once she arrived on the lawn, Belle noticed the chaos that was occurring. Crossing quickly to where Gabe was standing with some other professors, she spoke, "Gabe! What happened? Was Alicia really kidnapped?" She threw her arms around his waist, hugging him tight. "I am glad that you are safe," she spoke quietly, looking up into his eyes, then quickly stepping back so as not to make the other professors uncomfortable. She glanced around, looking for her prefects and making sure they were helping out as she saw ones from the other houses doing.

Gabe was a bit too preoccupied with ushering a third year to his prefect when someone cinched him around his waist. It was Belle, of course, and he could not help giving her a broad smile. Glad that she had pulled away for the sake of awkwardness, he replied quickly, "I'm afraid so. Nick ordered the prefects to be directing their students to their houses, and I suppose we're here to help along." At least, that was what he had been trying to do. "And I'm glad that you're safe too. It seems that most of us weren't at the tournament in the first place." He of course, had been gathering some things together before heading over.

There was a hard knot in his throat as he looked back to Belle. He couldn't be for certain if the Death Eaters were behind this, but as a muggleborn the headmistress' kidnapping had sent an doubly freezing chill up and down his spine.

Estrella was quite glad that she had been able to get Jaken away from his father and to Zoe, whom she was sure would appreciate some help with the underclassmen. Giving him a weak smile, she murmured apologetically, "I need to get back to the students." She could see that Bruin and Hilary had both arrived, quite relieved for this fact. Most of the people that she knew well had arrived. She hoped that this would be over as quickly as possible so that she could get into her bed and just sleep.

Moving over to Lily, she stated, "Kailey took the last batch, I can take these guys." Looking around, she stated, "Ravenclaws! Follow me to the common room, and stay there!" Looking them over and counting their numbers, she glanced back at Lily. "I'll be back, don't worry," she said, and then lead the next group of Ravenclaws back to the castle, quite convinced that the other prefects could hold down the fort. Now that she had come to think of it, she had not seen Cyndi anywhere. She rather hoped that she was okay.

((Ravenclaws, I've started a thread here in the common room, if you don't post I will hunt you down, please post asap. :) ))

Aiden was looking for his friends when he felt someone grab his arm and what do you know it was Hilary, she seemed to be saying something but he couldn't hear her from all of the noise from the Prefects, so he just followed Hilary over to Kat.

Cyndi landed with the rest of the students and couldn't believe the chaos that had broken out. She made her way over to Kat who seemed to have arrived first. This was no easy task as there were students everywhere.

Lemina made her way back down to the grounds. There seemed to be less students wandering around aimlessly and more prefects and professors gathering up the stragglers. She spotted Prof. Weiss, hopefully she would soon be able to find out what was going on. What is going to happen? Will we be sent home? What if the death eaters come up and abduct one of us? Oh my god... Lemi ran down and found Rhyspa. "Hey." She panted. "I took Violet and Pat up, have you got anyone else?" Lemina darted around frantically. Spotting a few Hufflepuffs, she grabbed them. "Wait here guys, I'll take you up soon."

Mike had just got back. Mike was horrorstruck, how could they have kidnapped Professor Barker, how could they? Mike asked himself. Mike looked around, pandemonium everywhere. Mike heard domeone use the sonorus charm to magnify their voice. Mike depsperately searched around for one og the Gryffindor Prefects. He soon found one, and went over.

Lily looked back at Estrella. "Oh, okay. I think we have most everyone, so I will grab this last group and head on up too. Meet you in the common room!" She turned back to the thinning crowd and grabbed a few of the straggling first years. "Get over here and stay here! We have to get to the common room now! Stay here and I will lead you up momentarily!" She ran through the crowd, looking for the familiar blue of Ravenclaw and satisfied that there were no more, she headed the last group up to the common room.

James ran up to the Hufflepuff prefects and explained to them in a mixture of tears and tiredness, "Kate was back there, she won't be coming back! Someone needs to go and save her. She was knocked out and isn't consious. Help her!"

He pleaded with them and shook violently as he did. He felt sick, tired and funny. He saw Aiden and ran over to him. "Aiden, Kate is still back there, we need to go back and find her. She isn't concious!" Just as he was shouting at Aiden he was dragged back to the Hufflepuff common room with the crowds. His last words to the prefects were, "Help Kate. Help her." And with that he followed the crowds back to the common room.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back