After the Chaos-Prefects and other students

((Zoe what I meant was, that I didnt know what was going to happen next, Tom is aware of what went on, but he hadnt recieved any instructions, but then again why would he :mellow: ))

Since the incidents of the Yule Ball, Katerina had shut herself in her room, barely coming out at all, even for meals. Exams were approaching, she reasoned, and that was the perfect excuse to avoid everyone and simply study. But, the second TriWizard task was also approaching. And she'd largely managed to avoid that, too, but she felt that she was going crazy, trapped in her room with only books for company. Besides, she thought she ought to go and talk to Estrella, or Katalina, or Rhyspa. She felt bad for not having talked to them recently, after all, they were her Hogwarts New Zealand friends. So, summoning up her courage, Katerina stepped off the boat and actually joined the masses heading to the TriWizard Tournament. Keeping herself discreet, of course, so people like Nicolae and Dominik and possibly even Yvan wouldn't recognise her. However, once she arrived at the tournament, the headmistress of Hogwarts New Zealand was kidnapped, and chaos ensued. Worried, Katerina took the portkey back to the school and stood with the masses, feeling as though she should probably just go back to the boat, but at the same time, wanting to know what was going on. Hearing Estrella's voice magically magnified, she decided to approach her - she was a prefect, and seemed to have a good handle of the situation.
"Estrella!" she exclaimed, upon approaching her. "What in the world is going on here?"

Kat turned to Lemina and heard what she had just screamed at her. Her eyes grew wide and her mouth stood agape. Where were her fellow prefects? She didn't think she could do this....she was never much of a leader. Suddenly, she remembered that she had been placed in Gryffindor for a reason and had been selected a prefect for that house. Think Kat!! THINK!! "I need all Gryffindors over here with me NOW!" she yelled as loudly as she possibly could and held her hand up so that they could see where she was talking about.

Estrella's head was spinning as people assaulted her with questions. "Go to your prefects!" she yelled, turning to Katerina. "Oh, it's you," she stated, a bit out of breath. "Were you at the Tournament? Professor Barker got kidnapped." She knew that she hadn't talked to Katerina in a long time, but this was definitely not the time to catch up. "We're trying to get all of the younger students with their prefects and into their common rooms." She watched as Zoe left with the first group of students, snagging a Slytherin boy by his collar and telling him to stay with her until his prefect got back. What was his name? Arnold? Angus? Arthur? She really couldn't remember, it was rather irrelevant at the moment. She trusted that the Professor could handle calming the students down, although his attempts didn't seem to help much.

"Katerina," she said in a heavy breath, "Are any of the kids from your school around?" Although the Durmstrang and Hogwarts Scotland students were not her responsibility she felt it was her duty as a prefect to get them to a safe place as well.

Patricia stood beside Lemina and said, "No I haven't seen any other Hufflepuffs. I hope they are alright." She said worriedly. She looked around to see if anyone she knew was about. She listened to the Professor and remained calm, but she hadn't been too bad yet.

She waited beside Lemina for further instructions.

Lemina gave Kat a weak smile, "You can do it." She looked up at Estrella, she was the leader in all this, and was managing it well. Glancing around, she spotted a Gryffindor running around, screaming for the fun of it. She stopped him. "Stop it. Your prefect is over there." She felt mean, but she had to help take control.

The whole morning was a complete blur to Angus. One moment he was at the tournament - he'd actually decided to attend, after being sick for the last task - and next, their headmistress was missing, and he was portkeying back to Hogwarts. And suddenly, he was caught by the collar of a formidible-looking Ravenclaw prefect, who told him to stay put. "Yes ma'am," he muttered, smirking slightly, although he knew that this really wasn't the time for sarcasm. Everything was complete and utter chaos. He wondered how Violet was going. She didn't deal with chaos too well. He looked around, trying to see someone he recognised, but he couldn't find anyone. He stood quietly, happy to wait until the Slytherin prefect returned. All he really wanted was something to eat.

Professor Lloyd was not sure what to make of the commotion on the lawn. He had just discovered that Professor Pheonix had returned, and thus he had to make arrangements and get her prepared to jump into lessons next week. His brow furrowed as he strode to the large group, his robes lapping at his ankles. He grasped the nearest prefect gently on the shoulder. "Please tell me what is going on," he said calmly, not having made it to the Tournament yet. Why was everyone coming back?

((that's up for grabs for any prefect. :p ))

"HUFFLEPUFFS TO ME! NOW!" Lemina screamed at the top of her voice. The whole place was blur of blue, green and red, no yellow seemed to stand out. So far the only person she had found was Pat, "Go wait over there. I'll take you up to the common room once there are some more people"

Estrella had half a mind to hit the kid upside the head for his smartass remark, although that would be completely out of line for herself as a prefect. She looked around, hoping that Zoe would come back quickly. It was nice to see that some more Professors were showing up. Looking to the boy, she muttered, "Cover your ears." Tapping her wand to her throat, her voice was magnified again with the Sonorus charm. "Either get to your prefect or to your common room, and stay there!" she demanded, hoping that students would listen to her. "I repeat, get to your prefect or your common room! This is no time to stand around and socialize!"

Professor Fox was running behind on her lesson making, so she decided to skip the beginning of the tournament to write out the lesson plans. She knew that the 'event' would happen near the beginning, though the rest of the people didn't know she knew that. She had passed by a Slytherin prefect leading students to the common room on her way out, who filled her in on what had happened, and she lightly jogged to the lawn.

Looking at the chaotic scene around her, she approached the group of prefects with Professor Fletcher. "So, what I've heard...It's true? Headmistress Barker's been, kidnapped?" She nervously asked, not to anyone in particular, eager to find out whether he had succeeded.

Violet had felt that she and Angus ought to attend the tournament, considering they both missed the first task, due to a fairly nasty cold. She knew fresh air would do her good, and she was up for a little bit of excitement, her life being a little devoid of it lately. However, she almost instantly regretted her choice. Headmistress Barker was kidnapped! Reeling with shock, Violet portkeyed back to Hogwarts and looked around the mass of students, trying to find people she recognised. She saw her brother standing around, meekly, and was about to go over to him, when she heard somebody say that they had to go to their prefects. Frantically looking around, she spotted Lemina and Patricia, and raced over to them, trying to hide the panic in her voice. "Oh my God, this is crazy!" she breathed. "Are you guys alright?"

"Yes its true, how terrible, is it Professor Fox?" Who only knew her surname, as he had not met her in person. "Its Tom " he added extending his hand.

Kat gave a slight start when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned quickly to see that it was Professor Lloyd. "Oh! Sir, urm, I heard that Headmistress Barker has been kidnapped." she replied to him, her eyes wandering over the crowd to find any stray Gryffindors.

Lemina sighed when she saw Violet. "Thank god. Have you seen any of the other Hufflepuffs?" She noticed a few more professors had arrived, but there still wasn't any sign of either Njord or Rhyspa.

Patricia nodded at Lemina and was about to go over to the side of the pitch and waited for other Hufflepuffs and then she heard a voice that she recognised. She turned round and saw Violet, she was so happy that she was safe, "Violet!" She smiled, giving her a hug. "I'm so glad your safe. Have you seen any other Hufflepuffs?"

Violet gave Lemina and Patricia a small smile, gratefully returning Patricia's hug. "I haven't seen anybody, I'm afraid," she said, sadly. "I hope they're okay..." she murmured. She quickly shook her head. "I mean, they'll be fine, of course," she added, knowing Njord and Rhyspa at the very least. She hadn't seen Bianca or Emma lately.Perhaps they didn't go? she thought.

Professor Lloyd nodded to his student, knowing that this was no time for idle chitchat. He was thoroughly positive there would be a meeting in the teacher's common room, where they would be informed of everything. "Thank you Miss Vanderhol," he stated, attempting to guide a few Gryffindors over to their prefects. He had figured that this was what they were supposed to do, from what the eldest Ravenclaw prefect had said, using the Sonorus charm.

He moved over to the other Professors, both being relatively new. "I think the only thing we can do now is help the prefects," he stated as a matter of factly, knowing that they would have to do something before this situation got entirely out of hand.

"Yes I agree" Tom said nodding, "Oh its Tom Fletcher, " Tom added, extending his hand.

Lemi nodded. "Okay." She still had to find Bianca, Emma and Kate. Should I just take Violet and Patricia up first, then come back. The other two prefects should be fine themselves. Lemina looked around frantically for more Hufflepuffs.

Aphrodite nodded her head, and said to Tom, "Such a shame, what will we do?" It was a terrible struggle for her to hide her joy. He had done it, Aphrodite didn't think he could, but he proved her wrong. "Aphrodite Fox." She said, not shaking his hand, feeling as though it's not the greatest time for introductions. She, too began to usher the students to their appropriate prefects, though she knew they weren't in harms way.

Rhyspa was watching the Second Task, wondering what exactly what it was going to be. Suddenly chaos ensued; students and professors scrambled all over the stands, trying desperately to figure out what was going on. Rhyspa got up and rushed down the stairs, tripping over her shoe-lace. "How convenient," she mumbled. Almost all of the students and professors were on the lawn. She ran down, pleased to find Lemina already taking charge.

"Listen to your Prefects!" Rhyspa yelled. "It'll do you good!" She rushed to Lemina's side. "What's going on?" she asked.

Sara was running late for alot of things lately and by the time she was ready to head out for the 2nd task she noticed all the people on the lawn. She walked out trying to find out what was going on and overheard that the headmistress had been kidnapped "Is it part of the tournament?" Sara asked trying to figure out if perhaps this was one of the challenges the contestants had to get through, Sara just couldn't believe something like that would ever happened within a school.

Tom saw what he took to be a professor coming onto the lawn. "No its not part of the task, Alicias been taken by death eaters" Tom said answering her question.

"well... that's interesting" Sara replied trying to remeber what Death Eaters were, she remembered reading about them in her history books back at the Witches Academy but couldn't quite remeber who they were "and death eaters are?" she asked somewhat stupidely knowing full well that they were obviously bad people but not remebering too much about them since they really didn't effect America's wizarding area "nevermind, if it's important I'll find out later" she replied casually watching as the Prefects tried to gather up students.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back