OOC First Name
Daphne
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
Bi (Kyle)
The sorting ceremony had come to a close, and Matt smiled at the sight of the fresh new faces at all the new tables. He had always been fond of the sorting ceremony, he was glad to be a part of it now. Matt stood up, waited a few moments for everyone to settle down, then spoke.

"Good evening students and staff of Hogwarts. I know how eager we all are to start our wonderful yearly feast, but I have a few quick things to say." He smiled as he paused. " For those of you who are freshly sorted or simply didn't know, my name is Professor Matt Alcott-Ward and I'm the headmaster here at Hogwarts."

He took a sip of water before continuing. "Alongside me are your Heads of Houses, these professors are here to guide you and lead you in your respective houses. The head of house for Hufflepuff is Professor Landon Carter, for Slytherin, Professor Angel Castillo, for Ravenclaw, Professor Kahurangi Josephs, and for Gryffindor, Professor James Cade." Matt gestured to each of the professors in turn so the new students would know who was who. Then he went on.

"I already spoke about the forest before the sorting ceremony started, I hope it's not necessary to repeat myself now. I don't believe I have any other new announcements to make, so I'll finish up with this: I wish everyone here a wonderful, productive, and fun new school year. The food will appear in a moment, and I hope everyone also enjoys this wonderful feast." He said, smiling as the platters of food appeared the moment he finished speaking. Matt sat back down at the staff table and mentally went over his speech, hoping he hadn't forgotten anything important. He watched as students started to chat and eat, feeling excited about the upcoming year.

Josh was in his final year at school and couldn't believe he had made it this far. While he enjoyed the magical life, he couldn't wait to get out of here and was able to enjoy his life properly. It was hard to keep his muggle friends, he didn't have as much now as he did when he started Hogwarts, which made him sad. School break was beginning to be the same as every other school break, having awkward catch-ups with friends, especially since he couldn't talk about this part of his life. Josh was zoned out for the entirety of the ceremony, mindlessly clapping when everyone else was clapping and cheering. When the headmaster finished speaking, the food had finally appeared onto the table. Josh slowly grabbed the food that he wanted. Honestly, at the moment he wasn't really that hungry. He leaned onto his left hand as he played with his food with a fork he was holding in his right hand, his mind drifting off.

Conan was now in his sixth year and he couldn't believe how far into Hogwarts he had been. It wasn't that long ago when he had been at Hogwarts with his eldest siblings, and now he was the eldest out of his siblings to be still at school. Conan sat at the Ravenclaw table with the rest of the Ravenclaws as he listened to the ceremony, though if he was being honest, he had been zoning in and out throughout the entire thing. Though he clapped when everyone else did, happy to see that there were some firsties joining their house. It wasn't long before the food had finally appeared on the table. Conan wanted a bun but noticed that the bun was a bit further away from him. "Hey, are you able to pass me a bun?"

Eliza was back at Hogwarts, and honestly, the girl had mixed feelings about it all. She much preferred the muggle life. While it was cool learning all things magical. she definitely preferred the muggle life. The Gryffindor listened to the ceremony as each firstie was sorted into their designated house. Though halfway through the ceremony, Eliza got a bit bored, as she then pulled out one of the comics she had brought instead and read it throughout the ceremony, though she was so far into reading her comic book, she was unaware that the food had appeared.

Marley was super happy and excited to be back at school. She couldn't wait to see and hang out with her friends, learning more about the magical world, as well as quidditch. There were so many things Marley was looking forward to this year. The Hufflepuff listened carefully and paid attention throughout the ceremony, clapping along with everyone else when they had been sorted into their houses. She cheered and clapped extra loudly when a firstie was sorted into Hufflepuff. It wasn't long before the headmaster said his usual speech and then they were off with the food appearing. Marley didn't mind the food here, it was good enough for her to eat. Marley quickly grabbed the food that she liked and placed them on the plate in front of her before she began to dig into her food. "Hiya! How was your break? Did you get up to anything interesting?" Marley asked happily to the person near her, as she then continued to eat her food.

Fiona didn't mind her time at Hogwarts so far. Though she hadn't made many friends, which had bummed Fiona a little, though she knew she had to try and make a few friends this year. The Gryffindor listened to the ceremony, clapping when she was supposed to. It wasn't long until the headmaster came out with his usual speech and they were finally able to eat. Fiona quickly grabbed her food and started to ear.

Thomas honestly wasn't sure if he was happy to be back at school or not. He was already homesick though. He missed his dad. He had made a few friends at school which he liked, but he still would much rather be at home than anything. Thomas listened carefully to what the headmaster had said, as he didn't want to miss out on anything Thomas thought was important. He politely clapped after each person was sorted. It wasn't long before the headmaster went on his usual speech, and Thomas made sure to listen carefully. The food had then finally appeared on the table which he was grateful for. Thomas waited for everyone else around him to grab their share of the food before he was able to grab his.

Sophie couldn't believe that this was all real. When she and her brother had received their letter, thought it had been one of those silly pranks that her dad would usually pull, but that didn't really seem like the case. Sophie was a little nervous being here, but she was excited. She couldn't wait to make new friends as well as learn about the magical world. Once Sophie was sorted into her house, she was interested to learn more about the house. She sat with the rest of the Ravenclaws as the ceremony continued on a little longer. She clapped along when all the other firsties had been sorted. Sophie listened carefully to what the headmaster said, wondering what sorta rules and other things were implemented in this magical school. It wasn't long before the food had appeared on the tables. Sophie looked at the food with amazement. There was so much food to choose from, she couldn't decide what she wanted to start on first.

Todd was seated at the Ravenclaw table, but his attention was fixed on the Hufflepuff table, his eyes looking for Penny. She occupied his thoughts from morning until night, and he was eager to see her. With so many faces around, it was a challenge and then he was interrupted when someone nearby asked him to pass something. "Huh? Oh, sure," he said absentmindedly, handing over the roast potatoes without thinking while still looking across the Great Hall.
@Conan Burke

Vex very much enjoyed the sorting ceremony whenever it started, and the best part was it was also his birthday! The festivities were ever such fun and it was like all of the ickle little firsties were there to celebrate him! In all of his glory! Yes that did make the most sense. With his little crown and his bucket of goo, the poltergeist, full of mischief floated gently (and invisibly) into the great hall through the roof. Tucked right up into the top, he looked out over the sea of beaming new faces, grinning gleefully from ear to ear. His time to shine would come soon, once the ceremony and food was almost done. He couldn't wait, he had thought very hard about this and he had such lovely birthday party plans. Getting everyone involved would be ever so fun!

The Poltergeist watched on silently as the tiny little ocean of pebbles moved around in their sea of treats and troubles, ooh, he could not wait to have the party with all of them. He could remember the stern look on Alicastell's face when she had told him off, but the great news was she didn't control him anymore! He was a Poltergeist freeeee from her very stern face. The glee in his eyes shifted and he glanced over to Wardy. The name had worried him at first, perhaps he'd thought to try and ward Vexxie off! But so far he hadn't managed that, and so Vex would keep his beady eyes peeled, but for the moment, his attention remained on the very slim-able first years!

"Come out to playyyyyyy," he singsonged, hidden away in the top of the hall.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back