Open Y45 Club Fair

Fraser nodded, "Yeah, I guess," he said, though he wasn't so sure, as he didn't have any work to show her. He had a camera and had been taking pictures for about a year when he'd first spoken to the last head boy about it. "I haven't been able to develop any," he admitted, hoping that he could just defer getting the examples to her.

Rosie gave a little nod. "Okay, fill this out, and then come to the Accio room tomorrow and we can get your submissions to go with the application together," She said. She wanted to at least give the boy a fair chance at it, and she knew that not everyone could develop pictures. "We can also give you a chance to take a portrait and see how you do,"

Fraser nodded, taking the form, and happily agreeing to the conditions that the girl was offering. She was giving him a chance to prove himself, and though his recent attempts at try-outs hadn't exactly gone well, he was still eager to try. "Thanks!" he said happily before filling out the information and handing it back. He needed to get his camera and maybe see if Zerrin was able to come along.

They had taken away his prefect badge, but he was still allowed to be leader of the Brotherhood. That sounded completely ridiculous and rather stupid, but he didn't have enough energy to argue about it. Besides, it was just one more year, and he could say he was done with this stupid school all together. He had not made much effort with the Brotherhood display, just bringing along some old pictures from previous meetings and grabbing some snacks from the kitchens for people to take if they so wanted. Now all he needed to do was stand there and wait for any prospective members to head over.

OOCOut of Character:
Anyone wanting to sign up for the Brotherhood please make sure to @ Jingyi in any posts so I can keep track!

Lucy had been looking forward to club signups for a long time, and she already knew exactly what she wanted to do. She had heard plenty about all of the clubs from her sisters, and while they were all interesting, she made a beeline directly for the one she had been in love with from the moment she heard of it. "Hi, I'd like to join your club please!" She said brightly, smiling up at the two girls at the Wild Patch stall.

@Rosie Archer @Kiara Thompson

Giulia didn't feel any more confident than last year when a boy approached the table, smiling nervously at him. "Yes, of course you can." She said, feeling the thickness of her accent give away her lack of fluency. "We have certain topics we always try to cover like Quidditch results, but you can choose to write about anything you like."
@Helios Obasi

Renata knew Heta Omega was one of the bigger clubs, but she still was never quite prepared for the flurry of activity that came with the club fair. She thanked the first girl who'd signed up, and passed a sheet and a pen and a quill, not knowing what she might have preferred, over to the next. She reminded her a little of Molly, and Renata wondered if this was one of her relatives. "Hi! Thanks, you're welcome to sign up right here, just write down your name, year, and house, and we'll sort out the rest!"

Renata was glad she'd brought a few sheets and pens for multiple to sign up at once, it made it a bit messier but when it got busy it meant it was easier. She was also glad she'd had some coffee, too. "Aw, thank you!" she said to the next girl, watching as she signed up and then passing stationary over to another. "No problem, just put your name, year and house down on a sheet. Looking forward to seeing you at the club!" Already looking over the new girls, Renata was trying to think of what kinds of events she should do. The problem with a less specific group was that it was hard to please everybody, but she was going to have to try hard not to disappoint people, too.

@Fiona Burke @Summer Irvine @Apolline Fontaine

Out of all the school clubs available only one really stood out to Miro, and this was the Brotherhood of Magic. He had read the other clubs on the list and had scrunched his nose because he wasn't interested or good at writing nor the arts and not even gardening even if he loved to be outside. Sitting in one place to write or create was hardly in his nature and waiting for plants to grow was excruciating, but the brotherhood stood out instead as a chance for Miro to spend time with older students and find somewhere where he belonged in Hogwarts outside of the other people in his year. This was why Miro attended the club fair and wasted no time approaching the brotherhood table so he could sign up. "Hi! I'd like to sign up for the brotherhood please!" Miro exclaimed, smiling widely at the leader of the club on the other side of the table.​

@Jingyi Huang

Kyousuke knew already what club he wanted to join and headed straight for it - the conglomerated arts club. It was his place to practice acting, and he knew he wanted a part of it. "I want to sign up," he told the student at the desk. "But I wanted to ask something first. Do you put on performances? Have you ever considered putting on a play?" He doubted the latter, but he thought he'd ask anyway. It seemed ridiculous to Kyousuke that there'd be a school without a play performance being put on but it seemed that was the way of Hogwarts.
@Marnie Frogg

Elise heard a lot about the clubs at school from Ezra and she was curious to see what they were all about in person, even if she knew where she wanted to go. The Wild Patch table really caught her eye but she had never been very good at growing plants. Instead she liked to pick flowers and press them in between the pages of large books so she could keep them longer even if they were dead. Her eyes scanned the room until she found what she was really after and approached the table for the Conglomerated Arts Club. She loved that word, conglomerated. She had been working on her own art for a while now and she loved to experiment and as she explored the booth she saw all kinds of things and ran her fingers over one of the sculptures. "Did you make any of these?" she asked the older girl manning the booth. @Marnie Frogg

Demetrius felt out of place. He was a sixth year, and the whole area was crawling with first years. But he'd promised himself that he'd actually join a club this year, so that was what he intended to do. He took a deep breath and entered the courtyard. He had two possibilities in mind, and he wasn't sure which to go for. The arts club looked good, but he still didn't feel like he had enough experience to warrant it. On the other hand, the brotherhood was, well, a brotherhood and that sounded appealing enough. He approached that stall first, seeing immediately the difference between how much effort had been put into the set-up. It put him off a little bit, but as he reminded himself, he'd made a promise. There was another student at the table, a first year no doubt, but he addressed the student at the desk nonetheless. "I'd like to sign up. I just sign the sheet, right?" Demetrius asked, unsure how this worked.
@Jingyi Huang

Fiona smiled happily as the older girl showed her where she was able to sign up for the club. She wondered if maybe the older girl knew her sister. She quickly signed her name on the signup sheet and then took a cookie, deciding against getting the glittery stationery. "Thanks! And thanks for the cookie! I'll see you later!" Fiona says with a smile and wave, before heading to the next stall that she wanted to sign for. @Renata Stepanova

She looked at the art stall with amazement. "Woah! This stall is awesome! Who did all the cool decorating?" Fiona asked with amazement. Fiona had a feeling it might've taken the person ages to decorate it but she thought it was so cool. "Where am I able to sign up?" @Marnie Frogg

If Logan was going to get used to the wizarding world as quickly as he could, he had to sign up for one of the clubs. As he walked around the courtyard, he realised they were all quite a bit different from the ones he was used to at school. There was no choir, no debate club, or even a sports club. The last one was disappointing. The only sport he'd seen played at wizard school so far was one flown on brooms, and as he'd quickly discovered, he did not love heights. He stopped by one of the least impressive stalls, which stood out compared to the others, and tried to figure out what it was about. "Hey! What does the Brotherhood get up to?" He eventually asked the guy behind the stall. From some of the pictures he could see, it looked like people had a good time, but he wasn't too sure what he was signing up for.
@Jingyi Huang

Sky was glad that she had someone to help her in the club this year. and she was glad that she had a year to hand over with marnie. she was also glad that she had someone who was more organised than her and got there early to set up the stall. Like usual Sky entered the club fair a little late skittering towards the table. it was easy to see which was the arts club. Marnie had decorated and in true marnie style, or at least the style she had grown to know as marnie it was bright, and eclectic a carcofony of different materials and styles and colours and perfect for the arts club. she added the plate of biscuits to the table just as marnie was introducing herself to a boy who was signing up. "welcome to the arts club. you are welcome to have a biscuit, they are still warm" she said hey marnie. Thanks for setting up. Sorry I’m late she said. before she started to hang up some pictures that Eugene had taken at events over the past few years. by the time she had got a few of them up there was a group forming around the table. "what we do varies from term to term. we did a talent showcase last year and a few people acted" she said. before another person spoke up asking how to sign up. "Hi I'm Sky and this is marnie. we are the clubs leaders" she said. Just put your name on the sign up sheet"[/b] she said making sure that the sign up sheet was somewhere accessible.

@Kyousuke Kurosawa @Fiona Burke @Marnie Frogg

Last edited:
Apolline signed her name against the sheet where she was supposed to and gave a little smile. "Thanks," she turned away from that, and continued to look around. The wild patch wasn't really for her, and she didn't think she'd have time for the yearbook or the monthly. But she then stopped at the arts club. Apolline wasn't very artistic, but she knew arts and things were good for de-stressing, so she approached. Just as another boy asked if they had ever put a play on. Apolline just smiled. "I'd just like to sign up," she said to the girls, hoping she wasn't interrupting.
@Sky Eriksen @Marnie Frogg

Helios nodded, at what she said. He could cover anything at all. He knew what he wanted to cover, but he wasn't entirely sure if she was being 100% honest. Helios couldn't imagine that they there would be any issues in just highlighting the negative things in a school. "Okay, I'd like to give it a go?" he asked, with a nervous expression. "Can I just sign up?"
@Giulia Alcott

With the boy for Accio dealt with, Rosie turned her attention to the young girl who approached. "of course," she slide the sign up sheet over to her. "Just sign here, and you'll be invited along to our first meeting,"
@Lucy Holland

Marnie let out an appreciate ooh when Sky arrived with biscuits. Trust their fearless leader to be good at baking too. “It was literally my pleasure,” Marnie announced happily, cheeks flushing a little at the praise before turning her attention back to the group of students gather around the table. “Oh yeah I made this one with some friends,” Marnie said, eagerly pointing out her lumpy quilt on part of the table, “And this was my attempt at clay sculpting which was a bit of a mess but painting it was super fun so it all balanced out I’m better at fibre crafts and stuff and painting’s just as fun but I struggle with like, 3D things like sculpture but half the fun of the arts club is letting yourself try different things right,” she said, holding up a very blobby looking sculpture for the girl to inspect. It was supposed to be a multicoloured rosebush but the bush itself mostly looked like a blob with various appendages that were meant to be flowers. Marnie still loved it though.

Oh great, here just put your name on the sheet and you can even have your pick of pen colour, pick anyone,” Marnie said when another girl asked to sign up, sliding over the signup sheet and holding out the pot of coloured pens for her too.

@Elise Ito @Apolline Fontaine

Apolline nodded, and she picked a yellow pen, signing her name and smiled. "Thanks," she then put the pen back and headed away, catching the eyes of a club on the outskirts that looked interesting too, though didn't seem to a part of things.

"Yay!" Lucy said brightly, signing the Wild Patch sheet with a flourish. "My sister used to run this club, so I can't wait for meetings." She added with a grin. "See you soon!" Lucy smiled before heading off, her business at the fair complete.
@Rosie Archer

Giulia was relieved that the boy was on board, giving him a smile and a nod. "Just sign your name here, and you'll be on the team." She said, handing him the signup sheet.
@Helios Obasi

Rosie smiled. "Aw, that's so cool," Rosie thought it was cool to have the sibling of a form leader. She wondered how off it had happened and perhaps people just hadn't really realised it. "See you soon,"

Helios signed his name and then smiled at her. "Thanks!" he said. He walked away and approached the brotherhood, figuring he could give this a chance and if it wasn't good he could just quit. As he arrived he spotted the boy from the feast who'd told him what the head master had said ask what the brotherhood did and he listened, figuring it might be helpful before he decided firmly whether or not to sign up.
@Jingyi Huang

Hope approached the heta omega stand, she thought it would be cool to join, and from what the girl was saying about it, it would be like having sisters. Hope wanted some sisters. She took a pen and signed her name without addressing the girl. "Thanks!"
@Renata Stepanova

Fiona nodded as the older girl let her know how to sign up. "Thanks!" Fiona says with a nod, before signing up on the signup sheet. "See you guys soon!" Fiona says with a wave, before leaving the cool stall. She looked around the club for a bit to see if there were any other clubs that interested her, but they all seemed not as interesting, so she headed out of the club fair and back towards the castle to do some more exploring.

@Sky Eriksen

Users who are viewing this thread

Back