Y42 Sorting Reactions!

Sorting is still a short while away, but that doesn't mean we can't have some exciting sorting chats here! It's never too early, right? ^_^

As always, we love to hear your thoughts and reactions as we work through the process of sorting and transfers and exchanges! This is always such a fun time! :party:

Are you having a character sorted or transferred this year? Maybe more than one? Ten? (You know who you are. :r )

Are you going to try for an exchange student?

Where do you think your character will end up?

Do you think they'll be happy about where they end up? How is it going to impact their first year or their entire schooling? Do you think the sorting hat will have a difficult time placing them? Any character expecting that the sorting hat won't be able to place them and they'll have to go home? :p

If you've already been sorted: Did you get what you/your character expected? Did the sorting hat say something funny to you? What'd you think of that? How nervous was your character to be sorted? How nervous were you?

Happy Sorting! :party::party::party:

Hello, Sorting!
I will sorting Dalia but i need worning. She will be screem a little when she see you.
I hope she can be Ravenclaw, Slytherin our gryffindor house. I hoped that she won't be a hufflepuff.

She can be somtimes sensetive. She think that one friend on her life is fine. ^_^

SOOOOORRRRTTTTINNNNGGG!!! :party::party::party:

Is it really that time of year again? omgggg!!! That's crazy! Anywayssss! This year ill be sorting one kid this year, and that kid is thing young lad here, Conan. He's the younger brother of Molly and Nolan Burke, and I'm excited to see him make his way to Hogwarts!

Conan is not as loud as Molly and isn't musically inclined like Nolan. Conan is on the quieter things and likes to collect shells! He enjoys the outdoors a lot. He loves to explore the outdoors and is a bit mischievous at times.

I feel like he'd either go into Hufflepuff or Gryffindor, though I can see him go into any house really. He's not gonna be mad if he isn't in the same house as his siblings though.

I cannot wait for sorting and meet all the other new firsties! Exciting!!!

YEEEEEAH SORTING!!!!!

I'm sorting Thistle Carnahan, who's been kicking around for a looooooong time now. She's the youngest of the Carnafam, and she's a delight. Very very imaginative and creative, and she takes great delight in the outdoors (including the yuckier elements...) She's inherited a big love of mischief from her older brothers, and with so many siblings to keep up with she's always eager to prove herself. She's been deeply lonely ever since Felix started school so she's gonna hit Hogwarts with a bang ready to make new friends.

As far as houses go, I think that Ravenclaw's the most likely, with Gryffindor a close second. She's very much a fearless wild child, but whether she's driven by curiosity or recklessness can vary from one situation to the next. It'd be nice if she got Gryffindor since then we'd have had a Carnahan in each house, but Ravenclaw seems most likely and then she can pester sawyer constantly and make his last year hell :r

Well this isn't going to be confusing...mine was first though :r

I said I was going to make Renata my sunshine girl then I gave her crippling self-esteem issues so here's Dahlia who is going to be bright and peppy. She was a cool popular kid (for as much as you could be cool and popular in like, grade 5/6) who played netball and is loud and possibly annoying when pressed. She's a little homesick but she's keen to meet new people and make a lot of friends just as long as they aren't losers. I suspect she will be a Gryffindor. Hufflepuff and Slytherin are also possible but I'm thinking Gryffindor with her boldness.

Woooo!!! Can't wait for sorting!

I am sorting two again this year, and I'm very excited about them both.

My first is Anisha Khatri, younger half-sister of Indira Khatri (thanks again Kadi for letting me be part of that cool family)

Anisha is someone who speaks her mind and doesn't back down from a challenge. She often torments her older sister with her cousin Raafe and will usually do just what she wants. She's very loyal and protective. Though she's also a big bookworm. I am getting strong Gryffindor vibes from her but she could surprise me.

My other character is Ezra Ito (again, thanks Kadi) who is pretty easygoing and friendly. He's a bit of a people pleaser and a bit of a follower, he'd like to be popular. He could go to Hufflepuff or Slytherin I feel.

Sorting! We meet again!

I've just got one this time around like usual, and its another Thorne! Leah is from the "other" side of the family and doesn't really know her cousins exist, so that should be fun. But she is Very Excited to be going to school, especially in New Zealand. She has been raised a bit sheltered and has been dreaming of the day she'd get a little freedom and go to school. She's an only child and is used to getting her way so she can be a bit bossy. But she is very enthusiastic and wants to make so many friends. No one will be a stranger for long. I'm hoping she'll replace my now graduated and only Gryffindor, but I think she could surprise me. Can't wait to sort her! She's been sitting around for a while and I'm ready to finally unleash her on everyone!

Hiiii,

I haven't posted much so I felt I should write something here. I think I will trust Sorting Hat, although somewhere deep in my heart there is a small wish that Charlotte will go to Hufflepuff, because her sister Dalia wants to go everywhere except Hufflepuff. Charlotte wants to apologize for her sister's behavior like screaming in front of the Hat.

In terms of her character, Charlotte is a lively, curious girl who has many ideas about what to do in her spare time. She likes to spend her free time outside, although she is interested in drinking green tea while reading an adventure book. She don’t have to make any effort to start a conversation and quickly made friends. In contrast, in school she often had to struggle to master a subject because she quickly lost focus, but when it came to physical activities outside of school, she was brave and even reckless at times, which could suggest Gryffindor traits.

As for special talents/abilities I mentioned in my biography that she loves all creatures and they were never afraid of her. She would love to become an Animagus some day. Please feel free to take a deeper look at my biography if necessary.

In spite of everything mentioned above, I will trust Sorting Hat’s decision!

Ahh yes, time for new kids I'm so excited!
I'm sorting two kids for the first time in awhile (since Brooke and Sawyer who are now seventh years what).

First is Dorian Fitzwilliam here who've I've got a lot of fun ideas for. I'm not totally certain where he'll go but I have a suspicion he'll skew Ravenclaw or Slytherin. He's very traditional and has strong ideas what is expected of him as well as a competitive streak that reads very Slytherin to me but he also high values intelligence and learning which could push him into Claw pretty easy. He'll be put out if he ends up away from his friend Ezra but it seems pretty likely to me...

Second I've got Raafe Khatri, my contribution to the Khatri family (thanks Kadi :r) and Anisha's cousin (Indi's cousin once removed, it makes sense don't worry). Raafe I'm having more trouble pinning down. I fear he may go Puff simply because the thing he values most is Anisha and I find family motivated chars lean Puff, but I'm curious to see (I only say 'fear' cause my last 3 sorts have been Puff/Slyth/Puff and I worry a pattern is forming here...).

It'd be nice if she got Gryffindor since then we'd have had a Carnahan in each house, but Ravenclaw seems most likely and then she can pester sawyer constantly and make his last year hell :r
(I'm lowkey hoping for 'claw Thistle cause I want this very badly too :teehee:)

Finally time for me to sort a new character :wub:

Ruto here is the first of my second generation of kids. She is Isabelle Vernier's only child and her father is Kaitlyn's character Link Raison. I'm very excited for her because she's a character that I've been slowly developing for a while now. She's quite odd and hippie-like, extremely woke, has very different views to my own, which is one thing that will be challenging, but I'm excited to see how she will further develop as I RP her at Hogwarts.

i'm hoping for Ravenclaw because I don't have any Ravenclaws at the moment lmao, but I'm happy with wherever she goes. She also has a bit of Slytherin in her so I wouldn't be surprised if she went that way instead. One house she probably wouldn't be in is Hufflepuff, because even though she's all about the environment and nature, she can be very selfish when it comes to people and isn't the most loyal friend, which I think is going to be hard for her in terms of making friends but we will see what happens.

Anyways I'm super excited for this. Can't wait!!

So, I am sorting 2. Well, sort of.

First, I am going to attempt to transfer in Monday Weeks. Oldest of his siblings, all named after a day of the week. I am aiming for 3rd year for him, not bothered by which house he will be in but his wit and intelligence might make him a perfect Ravenclaw. If he isn't accepted, I will sort him as a first year. I'm pretty lenient.

But coming in as a first year is Cassius Styx. From what I have seen so far, I think he would make a fantastic Hufflepuff. He does give me heavy Slytherin/Gryffindor vibes though. Considering how selfish he actually is, he would be a stereotypical Slytherin, or the worst Gryffindor/Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff.

I'm sorting only one character this time and I'm really excited about it. Max is going to be my only character for a while (I won't succumb to the spontaneous urge to make more) and he's going to be a fun one. He's not actually as dumb as he'll seem to be, he just doesn't really care about his studies. He's also dealing with the divorce of his parents which will also play a prominent role. He's a sad boi. Max is giving me major Gryffindor or Hufflepuff vibes but Ravenclaw would be funny as well.

Ahhhh after doing the form, its a difficult decision to see what house Conan will be sorted into... i feel like he could be suitable for all four houses, but leaning towards hufflepuff or ravenclaw... but the hat can surprise me!

After doing the form I still think Gryffindor but if she ends up in Slytherin I won't be completely shocked. :r

It would feel appropriate that when I aim for claw girls I get puff girls so when I aim for gryff girls I get snake girls. :lol:

And now the wait begins!! Filling out the form always takes me forever but that is one way to get me to wake up on a Sunday lol.
Still feel about the same about where she'll end up but I don't want to jinx myself :pop:

The amount of times I had to face palm while writing out Cassius' sorting form. I have never had a student like him, and I have sorted 129 students.
Well, we will see from here.

I decided to leave the decision up to the hat this time, as Bethany seems to be more suited to Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. Then I'll see how it will be.

Oh!!!! i just woke up and i had a strong feeling it was going to be Hufflepuff or Ravenclaw 🦡🦅 I’m very happy with the outcome for him! I think it suits him!

aHA, Gryffindor with Slytherin tendencies, called it. :lol: I've never really had many Gryffindors before, even back in the day, so I'm super keen!

Yay, I’m in the team Gryffindor! It’s lot of us this year, hope to meet you all at the table and anywhere else. It wasn’t unexpected but I’m still delightfully surprised about the result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back