Y26 Club Fair

Ava King

OOC First Name
Donna
Wand
Holly/Ebony Wand 12 1/2 Essence of Griffin Feather
Clubs were an important part of HNZ. For students to have a place where they belong. Occasionally, clubs were made and just left, and so Ava and her team had decided on having Club Fairs, where people were able to find out about what clubs there were, what each club was about and how to join them. It really was an exciting day, and Ava couldn't wait for it to start.
The Headmistress made her way around the Great Hall, smiling at the students that were there setting up, giving a hand to those who needed it. She'd stay there for as long as they needed her, making sure that everything was running smoothly, and answering any questions that needed her knowledge. As soon as everything was ready, Ava swished her wand for the Great Hall doors to open.

Prudence was glad that with all the crazy, unpredictable things happening in her life, she could count on her sisters in Heta Omega to help her smile. Especially now that she was president, and was going to be able to help recruit new sisters of all years. The bottle-blonde was certain that being the president of a magical club was going to be a lot of work, but that didn't mean she wasn't ready to throw herself head long into it, and put as much work as possible into it for the next few years to get the club active and full of life. She knew that it would take a lot of work, but as she set up her table which was covered in small place mats and other clorful artwork to talk about what the club was all about, the Gryffindor smiled. She was going to make this year awesome no matter what.

OOCOut of Character:

Heyo! I'm super excited to get Heta Omega up and running and super duper active. So for all continuing members, I would also really appreciate a PM on Prudence's account so that I know you're still going to be interested, and it will help me with deciding the chairs for this year. New members as well follow the forum and send me a PM - I'll get back to you guys asap about our first official meeting!

Forum:
OOCOut of Character:
Code:
<i>
</i>[b]Name:[/b]
[b]House&Year:[/b]
[b]Returning or New: [/b]
thank you!
-Cole

Orwell loved the club fair, the sixth year and head of the wild patch, loved an occasion to prompt his club to the other students of Hogwarts, and Orwell had been working so hard on his club, and they'd done so much that he knew this would be a good idea. So when the club fair was announced Orwell was in the hall as soon as he could be, the wild patch banners, that was laced with flowers and bright colourful writing, the fresh vegetables and some herbs that the garden grew were on the ground, well in a crate on the ground and Orwell had a second box of flower crowns next to it. As per the usual he'd come up with a bright leaflet outlining all the stuff they'd done in the last two years, including the expansion of the wild patch gardens, the fact a lot of the food they made went to the kitchens to be used in the food they then ate, the protest was still featured with one of the placard from it beside the banner, the lantern festival and of course the two successful years of pride celebrations. Orwell had pictures from it curtsey of Archie, and a few of the flags from it in the flower crowns and the produce, "WILD PATCH!" he shouted happily, the only thing he lack was Archie who was busy with his own club, and he wondered if Kayleigh might join him, "Flower crowns, vegetable growing, minor rule breaking and a little bit of promoting acceptance," He called out, trying to garner more interest in his club and of course out shout everyone else.

Isaiah as captain of his quidditch team was very happy when he wasn't made the president of the brotherhood and instead remained as the vice, helping Archie in all that he needed. He wasn't sure what the other boy had in store for this year but he was eager to find out. The teen smiled easily as he walked into the great hall, running a hand through the dyed blonde hair he currently had as he made his way to the spot the brother hood would have during this celebration. He had a few information pieces that people could take about the brotherhood but largely they just needed to increase interest, get people more interested in joining and he thought it might good to have Archie given his link with Orwell who'd managed to really help the wild patch. The boy spotted Archie setting up what he had brought and gave a small smirk to the taller boy, "Have you been avoiding me Archie?" Isaiah asked the smirk remaining on his face, usually upon returning Isaiah would meet up with Archie and they'd share a little kiss, but he hadn't so much as caught a conversation with him, and while the beginning of the Club fair wasn't maybe the chance, given that they had to work together to promote the group it was really as good a place as any to ask it.

Being named president of the brotherhood after only being a member for a year was both surprising and daunting for Archie. It seemed to not make much sense and on top of that it kept him from his duties with the wild patch but luckily Orwell did not have a problem promoting the wild patch on his own. Archie smiled at his best friend from across the great hall as he approached the spot where Isaiah was standing. He wasn't sure what the brotherhood was going to do during the year but he was sure he could figure something out with Isaiah's help. He picked up one of the information pieces and began reading it with the smile still on his face which faltered slightly when Isaiah asked if Archie was avoiding him. The word 'avoiding' wasn't what Archie would use to define the lack of attention he had paid to Isaiah since returning to school. Usually upon returning to the castle, Archie would be all over the other boy but this year was different because he had a boyfriend. Now Archie couldn't do whatever he wanted with whoever he wanted and at first it seemed boring but since adjusting to the idea of having a real boyfriend Archie was happy to admit he had one and showed no shame in stating that to Isaiah. "Well, I haven't been avoiding you, I just have a boyfriend now." He said while returning what he was holding to the table and squaring his shoulders as he waited for any prospective brotherhood members to arrive.

As promised, it was high time for Kayleigh to join the Wild Patch Club. Orwell had spoken about it to her a couple of times, and so she made sure she knew when the Club Fair was on. Kayleigh had started beginning to wear make-up, she didn't wear much, but she put the finishing touches of her lipgloss on, patting down her uniform before making her way up to the Great Hall. It was easy to find her boyfriend and the Wild Patch area, and the blonde quickly approached him, not really caring for anything else in the Hall. Kayleigh picked up a flower crown and placed it on her head, smiling at Orwell. "Hi there, I think I'd be interested in joining the Wild Patch club, can you tell me a bit about it?" She asked with a cheeky grin.

The only club that didn't really have a place was Accio! and that was because this club was actually very small, and worked often together. Luckily, there were no need for new members now that he was editor, and others were behind him Fantine was also now a member instead of an intern. Orion simply asked the members if they would come by and take some pictures, and see if others would want to know about the students behind the yearbook. Orion had his camera at his side, despite being a layout designer, he was still a good picture taker. He was just better at layouts than photos. He walked up to the Wild Patch Club, with Orwell as the king pin, before taking a picture. Hopefully some of the others would have more than he could come up with.

Sianna decided it was time to expand herself beyond just the accio club she was an intern for, that was all, and with no interest in the sports the school offered the young Ravenclaw couldn't help but feel like her options were exceedingly limited. The girl wandered into the room and surveyed it quietly spotting the new editor of the yearbook doing what he was supposed to and she flashed him a small slightly forced smile as she walked into the room, finally heading towards the girl who was a few years older than her at the Heta Omega stall, "I'd like to sign up," she told her, not beating around the bush and just waiting for the girl to give her something to sign so that she could be done with it all. The young Ravenclaw just flashed a small smile at the girl, just easily trying to smile at her, without it appearing too false of a smile.

Rory had been told by both his father and Bonnie to get involved in the school, his father had in very clear terms told him that he wasn't going to be transferring out so perhaps it was best to stick his feet in and actually get involved in the school, of course he couldn't try out for the quidditch term until the next term, but he intended to do that when he could for now, the boy had sought out the club fair and was trying to decide what he wanted, he'd heard about the wild patch but it didn't interest him as a club, the idea of it in his head painted it was a little dirty and as much as he was used to the country side and things of that nature it didn't make him interested in joining a club about it. The boy's gaze fell upon the brotherhood sign and he decided if nothing else, just showing that he'd joined on would help make his father feel like Rory was actually trying to fit in and assimilate with the others, so he wondered over to the two boys and cleared his throat lightly, "I'd like tae sign up," he said to them "Dae I need tae sign some form or somethin'" he wasn't sure what exactly he had to do to sign up.

Isaiah was surprised to say the least when Archie said he had a boyfriend, and he wondered who it might be, he was sure that it wouldn't be Orwell, for one since he knew that the two were friends and the other had a girlfriend, "Whose your boyfriend?" Isaiah asked with a curious expression, wanting to know who this boy was and if he went to the school, Isaiah had crushed on Archie hard, and still occasionally did, but he hadn't ever thought to ask him, Isaiah had always assumed that Archie wasn't the type, but clearly he'd been proven wrong and he couldn't help but feel a little bitter, especially if this stopped their banter. At that point however a boy cleared his throat and the prefect turned to the young boy and gave a warm smile at him, before fetching the sign up sheet and handing it to him, "Just sign here," he told the boy before glancing back at Archie, clearly this boy just wanted to get involved quickly and leave again.

Orwell waved happily to Archie when he spotted the other boy across the room, he was happy for his friend would attend every event like Archie did with his, and was just so proud of how far he'd come. Orwell however just focused on his section of the hall and then smiled when a very familiar face stood in front of him, "The wild patch club is for all those who like flowers, gardening, and occasionally standing up to the system and getting in minor trouble," he told her with a smile, he enjoyed seeing Kayleigh, "Are you going to be signing up?" he asked, actually genuinely interested in if she was going to or not, he'd never hold it over her head if she didn't, of course not, but he thought it would be something else to do together and considering how much time the wild patch took up he knew it would be for the best if she was a little involved in it, he was also a little hopeful that she might keep him company as he tried to sell his club to the new and returning students of Hogwarts.

Last year was Teagan Maxwell's boring year. No clubs nor friends, she knows she started her first year like a bitter old lady but that will change now that she's a second year. Teagan heard about a sorority last year and her mum being an alumina at Ilvermorny's prestigious sorority as well, the young Ravenclaw decided that she will take her chances. Her dress flow as she walked toward the Great Hall where the club fair is being held. There were tons of clubs but she can only handle one. The Ravenclaw spotted the Heta Omega's booth and head that way, smiling prettily at the older student there. "Hi! I was thinking to join the sorority but I have one question ..." She trailed off as she grab a pamphlet off the table. "Do you do fun stuff? I mean, beside being pretty and all?" Teagan was quite straight forward on that. If she's going to get to the Ravenclaw Quidditch team, Teagan already has a plan to juggle the club and the game, if ever.

Ivaylo used his wand to set up the banner that would be on his table, one that announced ‘Student Defence Association’ with the words, ‘Dueling practice and tournaments’ right underneath it. This was best for the older students, but he did allow those that were second years to join, despite not knowing a lot of spells. Ivaylo was the champion of his year, which was not surprising. He was the president of this club and for good reason. He might have been a little cruel about how he treated his opponents back then, but this was a whole new year. And he wanted to see who would end up being worthy of the title once he passed it on. After all, he figured that he would need to see their skills. Only the best could ever follow in his footsteps. He took a seat behind the table, ready to see people if they were interested in sighing up.

Amy had been wanting to join the Wild Patch Club ever since she had heard about it, however she'd never been able to up until this point. She had convinced her brother about it and he's reluctantly agreed. Amy grinned at him despite him not being as excited as she was, but she linked her arm with his and started walking in the direction of the Great Hall where there were quite a few students there already. As soon as they stepped in the room though, the Hufflepuff's eyes brightened and she let go of her twin, immediately walking up to the stand, where she saw a boy with whom she talked once about the club a while ago. She couldn't remember whether it was last year or the year before. Amy smiled at him, beaming. "Hi! My brother and I would like to sign up," she spoke, getting straight to the point. "Do we have to sign our names somewhere or something?" she asked him, her smile never leaving her face as she waited for a response.

Dan had no idea how he let Amy convince about the club, it wasn't like he was a sucker for rules or anything like that, in fact he had a rebellious streak to him sometimes, but he'd heard of some of the things the Wild Patch did and he hadn't been in favour. However, he didn't want to let his sister join alone, he knew how excited she seemed about the whole thing so Daniel decided it was another way in which he was able to keep an eye on her. If there were many people in the club, he would be sure to make sure she was safe. He was the older twin after all. Dan put on a smile, unable to help it as he watched his sister lead them both in the direction of the Fair, and remained silent as she told who he assumed was one of the leaders their wish of joining the club. Dan almost shook his head at her excitement, but didn't, in case she thought he wasn't actually going to join. His eyes roamed the hall and despite himself, he nodded. Maybe this idea hadn't been a bad one at all.

Zared didn't like people, and he didn't enjoy getting involved, not in the slightest, but he had been curious about the duelling club and so had decided that he needed to try finding it and signing up for it incase it happened again, and as a second year he could now take part in it. The boy found himself surrounded by others and had specifically look out for the SDA stand which he recognised pretty easily, the slytherin he had seen about the place, the far older student, and he walked over to him, feeling like he might had to use his words with him, which Zared didn't particularly want, but if he had to he would, but as he approached the table he noticed that he was able to just quickly jot down his name and then leave the hall again his business in this room done.

Orwell smiled easily as two people approached him, and he gave them both a confident smile, just as the girl began explaining the reason for their coming over to him, and he thought it was a little obvious what they would want, this was after all the Club fair, and he just smiled at them, before holding up the sign up sheet and a pen and giving it to the girl, "Just sign the form, and that's it!" he told them both, "Feel free to take a flower crown if you want one," he told them both, he was very interested in increasing wild patch member ship, he was hoping to leave the group in the capable hands of someone once he left, at the very least he could help the group increase it's membership under his leadership, "Can't wait to see you both at our first meeting of the semester!" Orwell added sincerely, really meaning it.

Prudence watched as the Flower Patch Club became easily the most popular club. She tried hard not to be disheartened, and when finally approached smiled. "Hey!" She said to the girl, who must have been a bit younger than her judging by her height. She gave a friendly smile and grabbed a piece of parchment which was a small forum asking for name, year, house, etc. and then gave her a quill and ink well to use to write on it, though Prudence also had pens lined up for those who preferred. "We are hoping to make this a lot of fun this year. Any questions while you're here?"

Just as Prudence was finishing her sentence another young woman approached and in the same friendly tone she spoke. "Oh of course, we love to plan get together a that promote sisterhood, and I'm thinking a study group will be instilled for those who only feel comfortable studying with their sisters. I've got a few other secrets planned, but if you sign up you'll get to find out Soo. What they are!" Prudence gave a small wink to the girl and chuckled.

A crossroad indeed. Zara peered around with great interest as she saw all the clubs set up their stations, interested in taking a look at all of them. This was one of her favourite parts of school prior to coming to Hogwarts, and heck if it wasn't during her time. She had made it her duty to join every interesting and fun-looking club possible at her old school, as well as every sports team possible. And hey, for a witch, she kicked butt at football. In fact, she probably was one of the very best on the team, if she could say so herself. The only team she wasn't one had been the mathletes... Not that she didn't try, but she was swiftly kicked out. Their loss. When would she need to know the Fibonacci spiral anyway?

Then these were Hogwarts clubs and Zara was so excited to join the one with all the flower crowns. The presumed leader called out in advertisement, and Zar was trotting over towards them in a second. "Oooh pretty! I'm Zara and can I take one pretty please because I really really love flowers!" She said, pointing over to the crowns, and giving a twirl to the dress she was wearing. "And can I sign up you guys seem so awesome and where do I sign?" was the next question, Zara rocking back and forth on the heels of her feet, eyes darting over to the flower crowns every now and again.

When she finished her visit to the Wild Patch Club (and hopefully obtaining a crown in the process), she bid a wave over to the Ravenclaw boy, and hopped over to what seemed to be a sorority or sisterhood of sorts, vaguely recognizing the older girl from her own house. "Hi you're from my house aren't you? What is this? Can I join?" And though it might have been odd to join a club before even knowing what it was, that was how Zara liked to live her life. She was damn edgy, living life to the fullest and all that sort of stuffs.

The first thing Amber had wanted to do as soon as she knew she was going to Hogwarts, was join as many clubs as she possibly could. It seemed like a great idea, she'd get to meet new people while doing fun activities and just have a great time. But as she stepped into the great hall during the Club Fair, she felt some of her eagerness disappear, replaced by nerves. The people running the clubs were so much bigger than she was. It was something she should have realized, but for some reason whenever she had pictured it all the other club members had been her own age. Amber was not a shy girl, but stepping up to sixth or seventh years was still very intimidating. They didn't even look like students in her eyes, they were just as big as adults.

So instead of going to each club and signing up for it enthusiastically as she'd imagined, Amber decided to walk a few rounds through the Great Hall to see what clubs there were. She kept her usual bright and cheery smile on her face, but didn't quite make eye contact with anyone. Mentally she took note of all the different clubs she saw, wondering which one would be the most fun to join.

She passed a dueling club, but didn't even look at it twice. She couldn't even make a puff of smoke appear yet, lat alone duel anyone.

The Wild Patch club was clearly popular, she could see students crowd around it. Curiously, she moved closer and looked at the booth with a smile. It did look cute, and sort of fun... but the idea of getting dirty while making the plants grow didn't appeal to her too much. Maybe she should wait until she'd had more Herbology before joining. Surely they would learn magic there that would make it easy to have pretty flowers without getting dirt under your fingernails.

The next booth that caught her eye was named Heta Omega. She could see a few girls talk to the girl running the stall and her curiosity was sparked. She wasn't entirely sure what this club was or what the people did there, but that just meant she had to ask.

For a little while, she lingered near the booth, trying to gather up the courage to talk to the older girl. It wasn't like her at all to be so shy, and she felt a stab of annoyance at herself. Still, she couldn't be sure they'd even accept first years. Maybe they wouldn't want someone so young.

It was only when she saw another girl she was sure was in her own year show interest in the club that she realized she was being silly. Throwing caution to the wind, she stepped over to the stall, her bright smile not betraying any of her nervous thoughts. "Hello, I would like to know what kind of club this is exactly. It looks really nice and interesting, I think I might want to sign up." She said, playing with a lock of her hair.

Prudence smiled two more girls approached.One had brown waves and another had lovely black hair, that Prue couldn't help but be envious of, as her hair was fizzy and often kept tied back. "Don't be shy! I don't bite!" She said giving a grin to the petite girls - who had to be a first or second years. "We are like a muggle sorority, only magical. We together love to throw little parties, occasionally we like to prank the boys club -" Prudence pointed at the Brotherhood's booth. "But mostly we create a safe enviornment for the young witches of the school to come to. If you're interested I have this forum here that you can sign and we'll alert you to the first meeting!" The brunette continued to smile the entire time, making sure that she seemed warm and inviting - even if it was a ruse.

Amy smiled as she took the sign up sheet, feeling excited at the thought of the things they would be doing in the club, who knew the fun and events her and her twin brother would have! Amy was very interested in this sort of thing and although Dan might not be she was going to make sure he didn't think it a waste of his time that he joined. After all, it was another time for them to see each other and she was looking forwards to spending as much time as they could while still at Hogwarts. Who knew what separate paths they would take after their seventh year. The Hufflepuff signed both of their names, smiling at the Club leader. "There, all done. We can't wait either! See you soon!!" She said brightly, taking a flower crown on her way out of the hall, Daniel right behind her. She didn't bother taking her brother one seeing as he wouldn't ever wear such a thing. The Wild Patch Club seemed like the best idea where Amy could be a lot more involved in the school, unlike her two first years here. Besides, it could potentially determine some of the Hufflepuff's interests.

Amber was struck by how nice and friendly the older girl was, feeling even more silly for being so nervous earlier. "Thank you very much." She said as she accepted the form.

It was filled out in seconds and she handed it back. "It sounds like a lot of fun, I look forward to it very much."

And she was, this club seemed like the perfect way to make some friends from different houses and years, it sounded like exactly what she had been looking for.

Bethany had been on her way out of lunch when she saw a large mass of students gathered around various booths and upon closer inspection, saw that it was the Club Fair. Curious, Bethany walked around, checking out every single booth once to weigh out her options before she finally made her decision on what she wanted to join, if any.

First she stopped by the Wild Patch Club and heard what it was all about from its members. It seemed like the most popular booth at the fair so Bethany decided she would join too. It was no Adventure Club she had signed up for last year, but it had the world "Wild" in its title so it couldn't be too bad. The Gryffindor signed her name up on the clipboard they had to offer.

But what Bethany was most interested in funnily enough, was the sorority Hogwarts had, Heta Omega. Bethany had six older brothers and her mom had passed away when she was a baby, so she didn't know what it was like to grow up with women. So the idea of a sisterhood intrigued her. "Hi, I'm interesting in joining this, um, sisterhood," she said, unusually awkward which was not in her nature. "What do I have to do to be a member?" she asked, wondering if being a second year was going to hinder her ability to join.

Prudence turned her head once more - surprised by the amount of girls interested. It was a fantastic feeling, and slightly overwhelming as she thought that she may screw this up. "Well to be a member you have to be prepared to respect your fellow girl, and perhaps be a little sister if you're too young to be a big. Oops, let a secret slide." She spoke, winking. "If you fill out this forum we will let you right in. Granted that you identify as a girl."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back