OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
Imagine it with me... a BWU... posted by Nick... that's actually up on time!
It's inconceivable, I know!
But alas, so are many of the things in this update and it is my most dreadful duty to bring them to your attention.
Please bare with us as we slog through this all together:

Ravenclaw thinks they're hot stuff
It's true. Ravenclaw genuinely thinks they're something special because the golden snitch pretty much landed in the lap of their seeker. Importantly, Gryffindor still won the Quidditch Cup.
Or, perhaps, they think that because they're ~600 points ahead in the house cup and the end of Y29 is in sight. We'll see how that pans out for them. :DE:

OWLs & NEWTs & Exams... oh my!
If you're hoping to make sure your house defeats Ravenclaw in the House Cup, your best chance is to start catching up on your outstanding lessons now and be ready for those exams which are coming up quickly!
If you're a professor, you should have all your lessons up, you might be catching up on grading, and you should be considering posting OWLs & NEWTs a couple days before the official start of exams!

Seventh Years are Graduating Soon!
If you have a seventh year character you need to check your PMs! Your chance to invite guests to graduation and finish off your submissions for Accio! is now, and all that information is waiting for you.
Get ready for many a weepy-eyed RP as we say goodbye to many much-loved students from the halls of HNZ.

One More Quidditch Match
While Gryffindor may have won the Quidditch Cup for HNZ, they must now defend the school's title as they prepare to face Beauxbatons again. Watch out for that game by the end of this week and cheer HNZ on!
If the snitch falls into Beauxbatons hands as easily as it did Ravenclaw's, then we know it's bewitched. D:
There's also lots of fun for everyone as Beauxbatons players will have an opportunity to interact with HNZ students on the grounds throughout the week! :D

Note for Captains
We need you to respond to a PM!

Last Call for Accio!
The last couple of sections for Accio! posts will be closing imminently (within days of this post) - so if you need to submit something, do it now! Then our lovely Accio! team will turn it all into another magical yearbook. ^_^

The Career Fair Needs Your Help!
If we've said it once we've actually said it more than once, but we need you to sign up to make the Career Fair happen and this is your last opportunity to jump in on it!
Here's all that information for you again:
The Ministry will be funding this event, which is meant to connect working adults with students interested in certain careers. The event will be advertised in the newspaper, on the radio, and on posters around the local NZ area. It will take place during IC July and August.

If you are interested in having your character participate, please read carefully. Cyndi will be accepting PMs from individuals interested in having their character participate at the event until Sunday, December 3 at 12:00pm EST. Please do not apply if you don't think you can be active during this event. Your PM should be from the character you're wanting to participate with and should include your character's age, occupation, length of time in that occupation, and 1 sentence explaining why that character should be chosen to participate. PMing is not a guarantee that you will be chosen to participate, but we will let everyone know whether they are chosen or not. We are looking for participants from different occupations (examples include ministry employees, healers, magizoologists, journalists, etc. ) so please don't limit yourself.

Hiring Shopkeepers
You've had dreams of owning an ice cream parlour since childhood (and Rupert Grint has proven such dreams do come true!), so why not roleplay it a bit for us here?
In addition to the ice cream parlour, we're hiring for The Three Broomsticks, Hog's Head, and Gambol & Jape's! Apply now!

The Secretest of Santas
It really is that time of the year - even if you're not willingly listening to Christmas songs yet, you soon will be forced to everywhere you go, and so HNZ is getting in on the activities of the season early with HNZ Secret Santa!
Sign ups are open now, but they won't be for long, and after they close you'll be left only watching the fun unfold! :(

We don't really care how old you are!
We've tweaked application forms on the site to stop asking you. We haven't cared in a really long time, and it never really factored into our decisions for who got approved for what - so we've rejigged that so you don't have to answer and we don't have to pretend we read those answers. ;) (If you see it lingering in an application, just let me know and I'll end it there, too!)

Applications Closing!
With the end of the HNZ year upon us, sorting to look forward to, and the holidays in real life special applications will be closing soon (just before exams open) and will re-open after most of sorting has wrapped up. If you really need approval for something during those few weeks, make sure to apply soon!​

[ul][li]Square Go Like
Ongoing tensions between Rory and Tristan turn into a fight when Tristan reveals he covered Rory in paint the previous school year.

Other RPs in this Plot:
Revenge is Red: http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30281305/1/
Working Day: http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30362414/1/
Not in Trouble: http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30406598/1/</LI>
[li]Square Go Like
A fight between two boys in the courtyard gets out of hand.

Other RPs in this Plot:
http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30228632/1
http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30281305/1/[/li][/ul]Yes, that is the same plot twice. It's kind of an unspoken rule that if you ask for a plot to be highlighted, we'll do that for you - and this one really wanted highlighting. Two different descriptions, and four different previous RPs (ya, only one of those links is a duplicate!) for you to consider as you delve deep into this fun plot! ^_^ (Also, make sure to highlight the other fun RPs you've read so they can be included here!)

[ul][li]A fashion show!
[li]The end of Y29!
[li]Sorting
[li]BIG surprises! ^_^
[li]Ravenclaw coming in last place in the House Cup (I'm trusting)
<LI>[li]Beauxbatons wishing they'd never learned about HNZ.
[/li][/ul]

I think that's about it! We probably missed some stuff, but those are the key things you need to know to get you into the next couple weeks.
As always, you can expect separate announcements about the nitty-gritty of the end of the year, and the start of the next one!

Happy roleplaying!

-Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Thanks for the update Nick! Everyone do lessons to beat Ravenclaw

Thanks for posting, Nick! So much fun stuff happening now and in the near future :)

Haha double highlight xD there are a lot of threads connected to it, more than I remembered when I submitted it :p

Thanks for the update! There's so much excitement happening soon! Beauxbatons is going to win though :r

Thanks for the update Nick!!

I still believe in the Huffles to win the year though :r

I like Nick's super like, how can I get one of those :r

Sloane Stark said:
I like Nick's super like, how can I get one of those :r
Ask and ye shall receive.

Yass, thank you!

Thanks for the update Nick
I'm hopeful for a ravenclaw victory :r

Nicolas King said:
The Career Fair Needs Your Help!
If we've said it once we've actually said it more than once, but we need you to sign up to make the Career Fair happen and this is your last opportunity to jump in on it!
Here's all that information for you again:
The Ministry will be funding this event, which is meant to connect working adults with students interested in certain careers. The event will be advertised in the newspaper, on the radio, and on posters around the local NZ area. It will take place during IC July and August.

If you are interested in having your character participate, please read carefully. Cyndi will be accepting PMs from individuals interested in having their character participate at the event until Sunday, December 3 at 12:00pm EST. Please do not apply if you don't think you can be active during this event. Your PM should be from the character you're wanting to participate with and should include your character's age, occupation, length of time in that occupation, and 1 sentence explaining why that character should be chosen to participate. PMing is not a guarantee that you will be chosen to participate, but we will let everyone know whether they are chosen or not. We are looking for participants from different occupations (examples include ministry employees, healers, magizoologists, journalists, etc. ) so please don't limit yourself.
Don't forget to check out the other announcements today, but here is a reminder that you should submit your PM if interested in having your character participate as a Career Informer. Don't forget that this event, and others like it, will only continue to take place if you support them. :) Sign ups close tomorrow.

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back