Spam-A-Lot! Your one stop shop for spam!

Is anyone buying themselves a present for the holidays? Big or small :)

I have my eyes on a new pair of winter boots (I had to throw my other ones away, leaky boots are not good in this climate) and some bath bombs.

Is anyone buying themselves a present for the holidays? Big or small
Yep! Bought myself some candles. I also bought one of my sisters a waffle maker for Christmas and now kind of want one of my own, so I may purchase one soon. xD

Is anyone buying themselves a present for the holidays? Big or small :)

I have my eyes on a new pair of winter boots (I had to throw my other ones away, leaky boots are not good in this climate) and some bath bombs.
I might buy myself a year's subscription to adobe premiere :r

I just woke up from a nap that was badly needed. How's everyone else doing today?

Oh wow I just did the same thing =)) I napped for 4 hours this afternoon and I needed it :p

I also got some christmas shopping done which was good, how is everyone else's christmas shopping going?

I did not take a nap this weekend and I feel like I've missed out

Done all my shopping though!! :party: How about you?

I made Thelma aages ago and did nothing with her, and now I suddenly I have a ton of muse for her =)) I hope this inspiration lasts!

Aww, that's great!

I finished mine, but now I have a lot of wrapping to do, and I don't wanna xD

How was everyone's week? Mine was pretty stressful but we ended the week with a holiday karaoke for our kiddos, and hearing the kids attempt karaoke with varying degrees of success was just the amount of cheer I needed ^_^

What have you all got planned for the weekend?

I had a very hectic week, as they announced on Monday that all schools would close on Wednesday and it was a mad scramble to get online education set up for after Christmas Break. But we managed, and now I have two weeks off :D

Last edited:
I had a very hectic week, as they announced on Monday that all schools would close on Wednesday and it was a mad scramble to get online education set up for after Christmas Break. But we managed, and now I have two weeks off :D

Oh no Daph .that sounds manaic. at least you have two weeks off to recover and get ready.

What have you all got planned for the weekend?
I kind of feel a little guilty saying what I am up to knowing how locked down people are elsewhere. but I have a long weekend this weekend and I am making the most of it as I drew the short straw with public holidays after Christmas.
I am having some friends come over for a barbeque tomorrow and then going to carols by candlelight in the park in town which should be fun. (though the point of the barbeque was so that I would have someone to go to carols with me. but all my friends are bailing on the carols so I may go as a lonely bever)
then Monday I might go for a walk or a run in the morning and I have to deliver all my Christmas presents to people at work then i have one of my neighbours moving away who i will have to see (I will miss her, we have had regular board games evenings for over a year now) and another neighbour coming over for some tea (as in the drink)
Tuesday i am Christmas baking. and might have some friends over for a board games night.

I really am not as social as that sounds. It is just friends are in town for the holidays and I want to catch up with them. before they leave again.

Eh, it doesn't bother me to hear and we've been pretty locked down most of the year. Just because we are doesn't mean areas that are managing things well shouldn't be free to enjoy themselves! Sounds like a fun set of plans!

Ah, my mom's a teacher and my sister works with the board of ed here and they had the same thing happen but pre Thanksgiving. It's such a mad rush. But yay for having time off, Daphne!

I'm still worried about how it will go because the school I work at is not very well equipped for online things and the kids aren't used to it at all, but it may only be for two weeks, depending on how our numbers go.

Trying to relax now though and get some HNZing done :p

Good day, everyone, how is it going?

I'm sitting with my dog curled up in my lap. I need to get up to go to work, but frankly, it's nice and warm here. And I don't want to make him get up either! *Plays tiny violin*

Aww, did you end up getting up and going to work??

My day is going well, I'm happy to have a small holiday over christmas and relax :yawn:

Saaaaame. This three day week felt long!

Aww, did you end up getting up and going to work??

My day is going well, I'm happy to have a small holiday over christmas and relax :yawn:
Yes I did! Going in to work is mandatory unless I'm on COVID-19 isolation (patient care.)

A small holiday sounds lovely ^_^

Cyndi, I 100% agree, it does feel like a long week!

OOf it has been a long week but the holiday will be worth it :party:

Yes, I'm looking forward to enjoying all of the chocolate I've been getting :teehee:

I forgot to open the 24th door on my advent calendar, so I just opened it now and behind the door it said 'only one more sleep!'

Now it just sounds vaguely threatening

I forgot to open the 24th door on my advent calendar, so I just opened it now and behind the door it said 'only one more sleep!'

Now it just sounds vaguely threatening
My vote: we need a short story inspired by this.

How are folks doing?

How is everyone doing this week?

I'm exhausted, thank goodness it's the weekend now x_x

How has your week been Cyndi?

That snow looks beautiful daph. As do you.

I am at my parents place because my sister is moving to Brisbane tomorrow. We went out for dinner we last night and the freeway was closed because of a bush fire so it took me an hour longer (on a three hour trip) to get there as we were diverted off the freeway and not told where to go so I was making turns half listing to my sat about who kept trying to send me of roads that were closed through an area where I had no idea where I was. And then when I did my sister was like is that my dress your wearing. And I realised I was in one of the dresses that I had stolen from her (well technically her charity shop pile) and today is too warm to walk the two hundred meters to the beach she me and mum set up the paddling pool in the back garden which is where I am now sitting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back