Recommended Books & Book Discussion

I am currently reading "noughts and crosses" It is about blacks and whites, I am kind of enjoying the book so yea :p

I read noughts and crosses when I was like 10 :doh:
Bad, bad idea. ^_^

Been meaning to reread the series.

Naughts and Crosses was a fun book ^_^ I wasn't as fond as the other two in the series, though (spoiler: I felt as though the story was meant to end with Callum's death, so I couldn't shake off the 'but the story is already over' feeling while reading the other two.)

Jude was definitely my favorite character ^_^

ok like I said earlier I got a great book and so can't wait to read it - hence why I have managed to get on now as I won't be on later.

It's ... Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame - Smith.

There is a great picture of Elizabeth Bennett kicking ass - the back sleeve just reads something brilliant.

classic quote: "My dear girl", said her ladyship, " I suggest you take this contest seriously. My ninjas will show you no mercy".
=))

I read Naughts and Crosses!
I cried. ;'(

I'm currently going to read 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' by Ernest Hemingway. I liked the Old Man and the Sea so i was gonna try this one out.

In glass we're also reading/watching 'The Glass Menagerie.' I really really like it.

I've never read Pride and Prejudice. That is still one that I have to read.

I'm currently going to read 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' by Ernest Hemingway.
*thumbs-down*
I read that book... or started you... for my ninth grade independent study. I hate Hemingway with a passion. Repeat the same descriptions ten times, much? :glare:

I've been reading "A new Earth's awakening to your life's purpose".
Its been uber awesome so far.

Nicolas King said:
I'm currently going to read 'For Whom the Bell Tolls' by Ernest Hemingway.
*thumbs-down*
I read that book... or started you... for my ninth grade independent study. I hate Hemingway with a passion. Repeat the same descriptions ten times, much? :glare:
Hating with a Passion, Ouch to him.

J. R. R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings Series.

I was going to start The Woman In White on the bus today, alas, I was not in a reading mood. So it's added to my ever-growing pile.
Did Wide Sargasso Sea in this week's English class. It's a good book, though it does not alter my love of Jane Eyre in the slightest. I can't not love Rochester, despite the way he's portrayed in Wide Sargasso Sea.

i have just red the first three books in the seer series, this starts with dont die dragonfly, and then Last dance, and i have finnished Witch ball and i want to get Swordplay. however i thin i can only get it online and i have just brought a huge pile so i had better hold off the ordering for a bit.
presently i am reading Jinx

I need to read Beloved, by Toni Morrison, for English. It actually looks pretty good. I'll let you know when I eventually read it. :shifty:

It's a bit gritty and not for kiddies, but they're good books. Good plot, 'ghetto' descriptions, great characters.

BRENT WEEKS
- Way of the Shadows
- Shadow's Edge
- Beyond the Shadows

I have recently read the Davinci Code by Dan Brown.

Its a great book, though I think they dragged it on a bit and it was really slow.

I am now going to read 'Angels and Demons'

Today I read Stardust, by Neil Gaiman, and The Tournament, by John Clarke. I quite liked Stardust but I'm going to be sacreligious and say that I actually preferred the movie. So shoot me. I liked the romance.
The Tournament is extremely hilarious. A little hard to get but I know some *cough* Nick *cough* who would very much appreciate the humour. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tournament_(novel)) :)

Martine Laurent said:
*cough* Nick *cough*
[Awesome][offtopic]Next time I spy you posting on here and our RP goes without reply I'll have Livvy kick you in the face. [/offtopic]
[ontopic]Seems like an interesting book, but Wiki doesn't explain it very much. Just that it's a tennis match with key societal figure of the past 100-200 years. :huh: [/ontopic]

:nick: [/Awesome]

[offtopic] :shifty: [/offtopic]
[ontopic] The best way to understand it is to read it, unfortunately. Imagine Freud playing against someone. Basically keeps trying to analyse the opponents. George Orwell does well, I believe the idea of 'doublefault' comes up. ;) [/ontopic]

Martine Laurent said:
Today I read Stardust, by Neil Gaiman, and The Tournament, by John Clarke. I quite liked Stardust but I'm going to be sacreligious and say that I actually preferred the movie. So shoot me. I liked the romance.
The Tournament is extremely hilarious. A little hard to get but I know some *cough* Nick *cough* who would very much appreciate the humour. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tournament_(novel)) :)
I must read Stardust. I liked the romance and the adventurous feel to the film. Also a certain pirate and his ways was hilarious. :r:

I am reading Knight of Darkness by Kinley MacGregor. Historical/paranormal romance genre. Funnily enough won this signed book back in December. And didn't realize it's one of my favorite authors other pen names. :r:

It's humorous but I find myself bored with it. =-/

I'm currently reading Dreamcatcher by Stephen King :) I'm only 30 pages in but you've gotta start somewhere.

I am thrilled
finally finished Night watch by Sergei Lukyanenko and it was brilliant :lol:
I now have to start The Day Watch but know I must finish Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, as well as Beedle the Bard (yep Jesse I started it at last) and The Bourne Identity - finding that one very slow moving and the other book I have on the go is The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society.

Have read The Glass Menagerie and really enjoyed it Camilla - have also Breakfast at Tiffany's, A Streetcar Named Desire and The Crucible to get through. :oy: :r:
more time in the day is needed ;)

I just bought The Princess Bride.
Will read it after I finish re-reading HBP. :lol:

The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks is an OK read, interesting way to blend real-life cultures and mannerisms into a fantasy.

Just got done reading Marked by P.C. Cast+ Kristin Cast Love it gonna read the next one.

Stardust is an awsome book I loved it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back