Recommended Books & Book Discussion

Considering Nick and I are talking about it non-stop, I have to recommend 1984, by George Orwell. And while you're at it, read Animal Farm, too.

The only book i have left is the set of harry potter books, so i must recommend it.

Romero Love said:
"glamorama" by bret easton ellis.
starts off rocky and semi-boring but by the end you will feel like you've been punched in the face.
or you'll curse my name.
I'll keep that in mind. I get to curse your name if I don't feel as if I have been socked in the face. :lol:

I'm currently reading the sixth Artemis Fowl book.. gotta love em... I haven't gotten to reading any recommended books, I am way too busy. :(

Eeep Artemis Fowl..I couldn't read it at all...So dull!!! No offence or anything :p

A great book is Rohinton Mistry's: A Fine Balance! It changed my life!!!!! [For the better :p] I know what a lot of you are going to think, it is a bunch of mumbo jumbo but he is an amazing writer and the setting, plot and characters are amazing.

Has anyone read the Twilight Saga? Its not a very good series but I love it...*lowers head in shame*

HEATHEN! HEATHEN!

...I despise Twilight.

I Capture The Castle, by Dodie Smith, is a pretty good book.

I know im a little embarrased to admit that but, im addicted :p

Aw Nina don't be ashamed! Hold your head up proudly. ;) I do! :lol: There're so many fans of that series it's crazy! Even grandmas read it.

I just finished the whole series and am very happy with it! I can't wait to re-read the whole series again. I read Midnight Sun (Edwards POV of Twilight) on Stephenie Meyers website. Sadly her manuscript was leaked and she posted it on her website after that. Just read New Moon too. :)

I highly recommend the Twilight series also. ;)

I was very disappointed with the last one actually. I love the series none the less. :)

I know...It was saddening how she tried to rush everything in! Just as J.k. had done :cry: why do all the fiction writers have to do that... :((

Things The Grandchildren Should Know.

I was re-reading it yesterday, and it is one of the best autobiographies I have ever read. Okay, you might need to be a fan of Eels to like it, but still. It's just...awesome.

hiya guy! I just finished twilight and i must say it was worthy of being in this list
;)

Aiden Lorka said:
I know...It was saddening how she tried to rush everything in! Just as J.k. had done :cry: why do all the fiction writers have to do that... :((
I don't know Aiden...I just don't know... :(

Kailey Paramore said:
Aiden Lorka said:
I don't know Aiden...I just don't know... :(
I think after writing the same topic for lonf just gets boring to them....at leats...thats why I'd do it.

Well, apparently Midnight Sun was shelved. *happy dance*

I'm reading the biography of The Cure, 'Never Enough'. I think I'm a little on the obsessive side.

Shelved?

I just started a book called a Few Demons More. It's not great, but not terrible either. It's about a modern fantasy about a witch dating a vampire, but in love with another. Lots of pixies and elves and werewolves. And demons - which she keeps accidentally summoning.

Great concept, but not particularly well written.

Sounds pretty interesting. Odd, but interesting.

Hmm, looking at my bookshelf. I should've finished reading Villette, by Charlotte Bronte. But it's quite a boring book, to be honest. If you read it after Jane Eyre, and expect it to be like Jane Eyre, you will be bitterly disappointed.

Ignorance is strength, Nick. Do you really want the proles to understand the extremely bizarre allusions that you and I both find ourselves throwing in to spam every...day? :p

On that note, Animal Farm is also brilliant.

Also, may I recommend the short stories of Roald Dahl? They are so bizarre, and yet brilliant. His two-part autobiography - Boy and Going Solo - are also two great books. :)

Roald Dahl very likely shaped me into who I am today... :">
Anyhow, if there is hope, it is in the proles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back