Recommended Books & Book Discussion

I'm re-reading Angels and Demons by Dan Brown, really good book. Will be coming out in the cinemas next yera, can't wait :D

um guys... kow any good books for a 12-year-old? i'm kinda almost finished re-reading hp&the order of the phoenix for the 19th time...

Pride and Prejudice! Read it! NOW!

I'm gonna recommend...

1) My Best Friend's Girl by Dorothy Koomson.
2) The time travelers wife by Audrey Niffenegger (its gonna be out in cinemas by the end of the year)
3) A child called it (a true story. and i cried reading it.)

I :wub: these books!

In my opinion I don't think The Time Travellers Wife would be suitable for you, because it's hard to keep up with it. I'm not saying don't read it, it's just really hard to keep up with it, but if you do read it and keep up with the storyline, it's all worth it in the end.
A book or 2 I would recommend is.

1. Deadline, by Simon Kernick. Basically its about a kidnap, and the husband of the girl kidnapped, is no where to be found. So it leaved you wondring whether hes involved.

2. Another book I would recommend is : Procession of the Dead, by D.B.Shan (aka the author of the demon and vampire infested series by Darren Shan).This is his first adults book. Its a gangster story, about a man could Capac, who is summoned by the "Cardinal". Who literally owns the city. So you couldn't sneeze without the cardinals permission. (Only joking, >:) , but you couldn't rob or stuff like that without his consent).

So basicall those are the books I would recommend for now.

It's awesome.

I'm currently reading Lolita. Woah.

Finished Lolita, now reading Lady Chatterley's Lover. Woah. It's...explicit. Really quite explicit. Do not read if you're under 16. Even then...probably better if you wait until you're 18. =P.

lol thought that too but still loved the book.
reread The Boy in the Striped Pyjamas - so sad, don't think I want to see the movie would only cry myself senseless.

At the moment am reading the biography Scar Tissue - Anthony Kiedis of Red Hot Chilli Pepper fame.

Oh, it's brilliant, just very, um, hardcore. :p

Just bought Catch-22. Was going to get The Tenant of Wildfell Hall but the stupid bookshop I have a gift voucher for has the worst supply of the classics. Honestly. One wall. I could get Foucault but not Anne Bronte.

But Catch-22 looks good. Will read it after finishing Lady Chatterley's Lover.

Okay, I cheated and started reading Catch-22 without finishing Lady Chatterley's Lover. But I got distracted by assignments.

Re-read 48 Shades Of Brown, yet again. <3 it.

Oookay...so normally I wouldn't recommend anything from the 'romance' genre, but as this book is the best I've ever read in that genre, I've gotta go for it. It's actually paranormal romance.

It's called Acheron by Sherrilyn Kenyon. It's her longest book in any of her series, but considering it's about a character that pops up in everyone, she devoted a 728 page book to him.

The first 428 pages are about his life from birth to the age of 21 and all the abuse and torture he grew up with. Honestly the first part of the book is my favorite as the way it's written is fantastic and the time period it's set in is fascinating. It's set in Ancient Greece and Atlantis. It deals with Greek gods and goddesses.

I highly recommend this book. :lol: :cool:

We just recently read, It's Kind of a Funny Story by Ned Vizzini, in Book Club. :)
I loved it and it's a really quick read for its almost 300 pages.

I recommend Agatha Christie's Poirot Murder Series.
All 39 books are admirable entertainment. Her solutions are unexpected and satisfying.

xD

Bianca Petrescu said:
Remember me by Sophie Kinsella
Just finished reading that and I loved it! The others by her, the shopoholic series, are good aswell for light reading :D

Argh. I need to finish Oscar and Lucinda, by Peter Carey. I started it ages ago and never finished it. I've seen the movie, though.

Must finish Catch-22 though. Which is absolutely brilliant. :D

I would recommend, if I have not already, books by Diana Wynne Jones. Specifically, Fire and Hemlock, Hexwood and Howl's Moving Castle. The first is just brilliant, it is up there in my top 5 books of all time. The second is almost a little sci-fi, a little difficult to get in to (Fire and Hemlock's a little tricky to get in to as well), but well worth it. And Howl's Moving Castle - it's a little different to the movie, the characters aren't nearly as nice, but I kind of like it that way, haha.

"glamorama" by bret easton ellis.
starts off rocky and semi-boring but by the end you will feel like you've been punched in the face.
or you'll curse my name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back