Reactions: Y28 Sorting and Transfers

I'm not surprised that Maise got Gryffindor, given her history and sense of entitlement. But hey, sometimes you never know. Although, if you're around sorting hat, can I ask what it was specifically that put her in Gryffindor?

:drat: SYBIL IS A PUFF!!???

This sorting has me wondering why Ravenclaw and Slytherin won't take any of my characters :unsure: I ended up with two Gryffindors and two Hufflepuffs

I literally did not want any Slytherins, but Beata and Orpheus both are. They won't give Styx's a hard time tho.

I'm a little surprised that Ollie is a puff. I thought more Ravenclaw but even that was sort of in the air. I couldn't really have guessed. No worries I love my puffs

A Maxwell in Slytherin? Another reason for Asaiah to dislike the house :r

I have too many... Five. How did this happen? Why didn't someone stop me? xD

Anyways.

Troye I honestly thought Ravenclaw, but that was for her creative nature and curiosity. However I suppose Puff fits her fine, the Hat always makes good decisions after all and my characters normally grow into their houses.

Ursula I expected either Claw or Slytherin, so Claw wasn't a disappointment at all, and I think it'll suit her.

As for Atlas and Zhivka - I knew they'd be Puffs, I mean ust look at the babies. So cute :wub: :wub:

Lastly Irvine - he was a Gryffindor in my mind, for his want to hid himself and his need to be cool. He's adventurous too. I might have seen Slytherin or puff or Ravenclaw somewhere in him - but red was the strongest!

Samuel Phillips said:
I just have one character to sort this year, Remy Lagowski. I don't have any idea what house he would be in, I'm pretty excited to just see what happens and leave it all to the hat for a change :D
I'm really pleased with Remy's sorting!! I think the puff colours suit him :wub:

I rest my case :cry: Ravenclaw. I think it's hard to hate your cousin when you two are in the same house. I'm burying the Maxwell family name xD this is the last Maxwell and my five character to sort is finished :party:

The Tally:

Ysabel - Gryffindor
Theo - Hufflepuff
Heather - Gryffindor
Weiss - Hufflepuff
Caelan - Ravenclaw

I'm probably tired of role playing mean characters as well. I love my new babies :wub:

I'm sad :( I should have emphasised the manner in which Gilly would grow into herself and become less self-protective and more daring. I was hoping for a Gryffindor, but I rarely get them xD

I think she'll do okay in Slytherin, though.

Gilly Gillespie said:
I'm sad :( I should have emphasised the manner in which Gilly would grow into herself and become less self-protective and more daring. I was hoping for a Gryffindor, but I rarely get them xD

I think she'll do okay in Slytherin, though.
I'm never wrong.

She'd have to be exceptionally ambitious to be 3rd Dan in TKD.

Wyatt Finch said:
She'd have to be exceptionally ambitious to be 3rd Dan in TKD.
I have like, -100 ambition and I got to state level in track and field. If you just do what you love, success comes to you over time.

It's exceptionally difficult to get a black belt as a minor (generally for reasons not at all due to ability. Sensei's don't want to give that responsibility to children.) Loving something is fine but realistically that's not how martial arts works - especially when you get past the first Dan.

Bringing it back to the actual purpose of the topic -

I'm really happy with my sorting so far. I try to avoid pre-sorting students in my head as best I can, or thinking too much about where they go. It can be a real muse killer when you intend for them to go one way and they're thrown in a different direction, so it's been easier not to have this adamant idea. Roleplay should be more fluid and natural.
Still have another student to sort and that's me done for the year, I hope. :teehee:

Everyone should remember that their lovely new students could use some pets, too. :r

Professor Aeon Summers said:
I'm really happy with my sorting so far. I try to avoid pre-sorting students in my head as best I can, or thinking too much about where they go. It can be a real muse killer when you intend for them to go one way and they're thrown in a different direction, so it's been easier not to have this adamant idea. Roleplay should be more fluid and natural.
Still have another student to sort and that's me done for the year, I hope. :teehee:
I have the opposite mindset for the same reason - I think it can be invigorating to have a character turn up where you didn't expect them to go because then you get to go through the process of developing the character you had in mind with this unexpected twist from a third party. Your Hufflepuff Neville stands up to his friends one time and then suddenly starts swinging a sword around. Pretty sweet development opportunities when you don't have pigeonholes reinforced.
Professor Aeon Summers said:
Everyone should remember that their lovely new students could use some pets, too. :r
I heard through the Hogwarts grapevine that there will soon be a Ministry for Magic educational decree that will prohibit pets in the school.

I always love seeing where my characters develop. It's a lot of fun!

Wyatt Finch said:
It's exceptionally difficult to get a black belt as a minor (generally for reasons not at all due to ability. Sensei's don't want to give that responsibility to children.) Loving something is fine but realistically that's not how martial arts works - especially when you get past the first Dan.
Gilly would be answering to a Sabeom or Gyosa, not a Sensei. Here are two 11 year old boys on their 2nd Dan. It is neither uncommon nor unrealistic for Gilly to have passed her third.

I feel like I did my research appropriately. Gilly will be nurtured in Slytherin house, despite her lack of ambition towards greatness. She simply loves her sport and works hard at it.

I was convinced my girl was more Ravenclaw but since she was sorted into Hufflepuff I can actually see why. It is interesting and gives her starting point a plot twist before I even begin her properly. I like that I guess. She probably hates it of course because she likes things orderly and seamless and no curve balls flung at her but that's life in a total nutshell and it's what makes characters that bit easier to flesh out. It's like life I suppose, we don't ask for things to happen most of the time, they just do and how we deal is what ends up characterizing us. Pretty much the same with any good character.

Best leave it at that before I go on and on :doh:

I didn't have any house in mind for Jack. Now that he's a Gryffindor, I can see that about him. He's an easy going, chipper little guy who was raised a certain way. He's a good egg with a courageous and stubborn streak.

Decided to sort Gabriella one year earlier, and I'm glad with the decision. I'm so curious where she will be I really have no idea for the first time. It could go in different ways. I can't wait to rp with her.

Gabriella is a Slytherin! She will be happy about that to be in the house that her father wanted for her that would do her good. I thought she would be a Ravenclaw but I can see her in Slytherin too. I'm happy!

I suspect Lauren will end up in Hufflepuff, possibly Ravenclaw, but I think more likely Hufflepuff.

It's nice having no preference though, and leaving it all up to the sorting hat for once. Kinda freeing xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back