Blood Status
Half Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Straight
Wand
Rosewood Wand 14 1/4" Essence Of Hair From The Mane Of A Unicorn
Yoooo so there's still a couple of characters I'm thinking about making (one's a bartender dude who may or may not have been training to be an Auror in the UK and then snapped and decided to run a pub in Melbourne with a floo link to Obsidian Harbour, the other's a future student I'd hope to make part-giant if possible) but for now:

kate-winslet-hair-flip.gif

Violet! She's back! And may or may not be hiding out and going under a different name (Victoria) out of resentment. After her teen years she fell off the wizarding world's radar and faded in to relative obscurity. She's...had a rough thirty or so years since then. Which may or may not have involved divorce, family death, using magic for white collar crime. :r A far cry from the sweet and innocent Hufflepuff she was back in the day.
What I'm looking for is maybe friendship/potentially romance with older characters (as she's in her late 40s) to help her get a spark back and bring out the kindness in her heart (as cheesy as that sounds). Also hopefully altercations with some characters (i.e. Ministry) as while her day job is selling antique furniture she magically repairs and restores (finding some use for magic after all), she does tend to meddle. Specifically in the affairs of muggleborns. She feels very strongly about maintaining a link to home and feels a bit like the wizarding world tends to let muggleborns down. Aine's her latest pet project of sorts, but she's become something of a matriarch to some other disillusioned muggleborns who feel torn between worlds. She does it from a place of kindness...mostly...

tumblr_inline_o7ya0lUePP1tae3h3_250.gif

Eleanor Vernier (Nell) - I've applied for her to be a shopkeeper, but even if that doesn't go through I'd be keen to RP her anyway. She's 29 and a Beauxbatons alumni. Unironically she's probably my nicest character despite having 2 Hufflepuffs here. Nell's half Australian and half French, her father insisted she go to Beauxbatons and then pushed her in to working in the French ministry. It didn't take long for her to realize that wasn't her thing, and she instead went and studied cooking. Desserts are her passion. She's soft spoken and a bit reserved but she loves to make people happy through food and let her food speak for her.
I'm looking for friendships and romance - but romance is likely to be ill fated, as she's somewhat unlucky in love. Probably because she's not the best at communication or speaking up for herself/is a little guarded romantically.
(If the shopkeeper thing is successful that will help in providing RP opportunities but if not we can think of something!)

141819.jpg

Aine - you've seen her, you know her. She's awkward and though she means well she's not very good at talking to people, especially those her age. Her self-esteem was already not great but being away from everything she knows and being in a world she knows little of hasn't helped at all. She doesn't believe she can do magic, which really...prevents her from being able to do much in the way of magic. Mostly, she hasn't tried out of fear she'll fail. Violet's taken her under her wing but really Aine has to learn to stay true to herself (again, as generic as that sounds) and to believe in herself (ditto).
For Aine I'm looking for a bit of everything (not really romance). Friends, enemies, and maybe older students/teachers to mentor her. Maybe a teacher for her to get a harmless crush on that would obviously never go anywhere but really compound on the awkward for her. :r I feel like she's the kind of person who has an easier time talking to people much older than her where there's the kind of distinct difference in ranking as opposed to her peers (if that makes sense?) She also tends to ramble and jump between topics because she's my blatant self insert. =))

Finally there's Michael and I can't get any good pictures so I may have to change his playby. He's 10, turning 11, and will be attending Hogwarts next year. His mother is a bit overprotective and overbearing and moved from England when Michael was very small - and it's just been the two of them (though if he'd had brothers they would've certainly been Gabriel and Raphael). Because his mother has doted on him so much he can be a bit of an entitled brat in the way a 10 year old boy can be.
I'm looking for friends (and minor annoyances) among unsorted students. He can be a bit bossy but hits his limits pretty quickly and is learning that he's not actually a superhero. Still, he's not a bad person, just a bit stuck up at times.

Hiiiii! We haven't roleplayed before, but I would like to change that!

I would like to offer you two of my characters. I have Abigail Payne for Aine. Abby's my current first year and is sorted into Gryffindor. Abby is quiet and shy, can be awkward sometimes. But once you get to know her, she'll slowly open up to you and slowly be more talkative. She loves to do art and anything crafty, especially when it comes to chalk art hehe!

For Michael, I would like to offer you one of my characters that I'll be sorting next year, Joshua Lynch. I haven't really sorted out his personality yet, but I've got a pretty good idea of it hehe! He's quite loud, soft-headed and has a huge passion for sports and dance!

Let me know what you think! :D

CAMILLAAAAAAA let's plot :wub:

I have a small handful of characters who were at Hogwarts with Violet back in the day - different year but same house!

Kyle Alcott-Ward - He's 44, father of 2, currently assistant manager at Scrivenshafts, thought he was a muggleborn back in the day but discovered nope there were just a LOT of family secrets :p He's a werewolf & as a result lives a pretty low-key life, but he's a cheerful & friendly guy who could defo use some pals.

Maria Madison - She's 43, adoptive mother of 4, currently counsellor at HNZ. Violet may have been aware of her back in their school years as that one kid who threw another kid down a flight of stairs like a month into first year :r she's grown up a lot since then & now she's a big ol sweetie & they could either bring out the best or worst in each other 👀

Richard Madison - He's 42 and he's great. He worked hard to pull himself up by his bootstraps, and his dad only loaned him a couple million dollars to get started in business. These lazy whiners going on and on about how hard life is just aren't working hard enough, like he did. He's great.

And not a former HNZ student, but someone she certainly might encounter professionally is

Rupert Cresswell - Cursebreaker to the rich and powerful, Rupert offers his services restoring cursed antiques and collectibles to their uncursed glory for use or display. And if he happens to sell a few newly cursed artifacts on the side, well that's just good business practice :r I feel like they could easily run into each other somewhere in the professional world and create all kinds of trouble for each other.

For Eleanor I could potentially offer an ill-fated love to kick off her troubles...

Cedar Dunn - Cedar is 26 and he's a bartender at the Medley. He's cheerful and nice and a total sweetheart, with a very laid back, fun attitude towards life. Always down for a nice chat and a new friend. And he's available... with the caveat that he's in an open relationship, and any other flings come second to Jeong. Defo potential for drama & messy feelings there...

For Aine I've got a couple of options -

Connor Holland - They've already met, and Connor would happily take her under his wing if she's looking for a mentor. He's in a pretty crap place emotionally, and being able to actually help someone out who needs it would be a real boost for him.

Ngawaiata Martin - Ngawaiata's my firstie, and she's pretty similar in the whole awkwardness department. Ngawaiata's a bit of a loner and she's not very good at making friends her own age. I think they'd actually be pretty compatible because Ngawaiata likes to listen more than talk, and she's got enough louder cousins that she's very used to tangents and conversation subjects she knows nothing about.

I've just come in to throw a ton of plot-spaghetti at the wall, so let me know if any of this sticks & we can figure out some fun juicy plots :3

@Samantha Jacobs I'd love to RP! I feel like Aine and Abby might start off awkward but get along pretty well. Aine hasn't got any artistic sense so I feel like she'd be pretty impressed by Abby's drawings. Michael and Joshua would be fun too, we can both get a feel for their personalities a bit :D

@Ainsley Lynch Oooh, sounds fun. Violet and Rupert could likely engage in some less scrupulous deals. She went through a phase of avoiding magic, then using it for selfish gain, now is back to using it for day to day life. She's not so angelic as to say no to any lucrative business deals...Definitely down to RP with the others too - Violet may not actively remember them (or pretend that she doesn't, more likely, though if Maria's a counsellor she might be better at seeing through Violet's BS :r ). She could probably use people her age to actually be friendly with too (or less friendly in Richard's case).

Nell and Cedar could be fun too, she might not remember to ask the right questions or because she's a hopeless romantic she'd probably fall fast and hard despite that being a terrible idea.

I actually had thought that Aine and Ngawaiata might possibly get along (or drive each other crazy) - that might be interesting to at least trial and see. Connor might help her loosen up a bit and maybe she might start to enjoy magic (and he might feel a bit better getting to help someone).

I still feel a bit new to all of this (despite bringing back a character from 2008) funnily enough!

@Ainsley Lynch Oooh, sounds fun. Violet and Rupert could likely engage in some less scrupulous deals. She went through a phase of avoiding magic, then using it for selfish gain, now is back to using it for day to day life. She's not so angelic as to say no to any lucrative business deals...Definitely down to RP with the others too - Violet may not actively remember them (or pretend that she doesn't, more likely, though if Maria's a counsellor she might be better at seeing through Violet's BS :r ). She could probably use people her age to actually be friendly with too (or less friendly in Richard's case).

Nell and Cedar could be fun too, she might not remember to ask the right questions or because she's a hopeless romantic she'd probably fall fast and hard despite that being a terrible idea.

I actually had thought that Aine and Ngawaiata might possibly get along (or drive each other crazy) - that might be interesting to at least trial and see. Connor might help her loosen up a bit and maybe she might start to enjoy magic (and he might feel a bit better getting to help someone).

I still feel a bit new to all of this (despite bringing back a character from 2008) funnily enough!
Yaaay that all sounds good to me!!

As far as Eleanor and Cedar go, he'd be pretty up front about his situation before anything got serious, but that definitely still leaves the option open for her to either misinterpret or be like. 'oh yeah haha i can handle this its fine!!! :)' and then regret that deeply :r

Are there a couple of plots that particularly speak to you? We could start there & chuck the rest in the 'for future reference' column?

I think Violet and Rupert and Violet and Maria sound pretty good for now - it's interesting that Maria's mellowed out while Violet's done the exact opposite. Did you want to maybe do an OSW thread for Aine and Ngawaiata too and see how it goes?

@Samantha Jacobs I'd love to RP! I feel like Aine and Abby might start off awkward but get along pretty well. Aine hasn't got any artistic sense so I feel like she'd be pretty impressed by Abby's drawings. Michael and Joshua would be fun too, we can both get a feel for their personalities a bit :D
hi hi! YAY!

I think so too haha! That all sounds good to me? Would you like to start one? and i start the other? i don't mind which one tbh!

Camilla.
I have ideas for you.

For For nel I have Elvera. you may remember her. she is still working at the inner eye, always hasc cakes around and always there to listen to whatever people need to talk about.

for Aine
the one is am most excited about. Sky/niamh (aka this account, there is no difference between hwn she uses each name but she just interchanges them) she is a second-year Hufflepuff. and loves her music.
Linden Cullen. he is a sixth year and tries to be a big brother to anyone who needs help (which is currently getting him in a bit of trouble) he is keeper on the quidditch team and a pretty genuine down to earth guy.. he could be a kind of big brother to her if she wants it.
Elvera. the divination professor is still around looking out for her students. and happy to be a mother figure to those who need it and listen to them.

I think Violet and Rupert and Violet and Maria sound pretty good for now - it's interesting that Maria's mellowed out while Violet's done the exact opposite. Did you want to maybe do an OSW thread for Aine and Ngawaiata too and see how it goes?
Yess all of that sounds perfect - I can start for Violet & Rupert and Aine & Ngawaiata if you can start Violet & Maria?

@Samantha Jacobs Sounds good to me! I can get one started for the boys if you wouldn't mind starting one for the girls? :D

@Professor Elvera Le Fey Ooh, that might be nice for Nell, just to have someone to chat to. I am totally down for Sky and Aine hanging out and I feel like she's also going to end up the communal little sister of the 6th and 7th year boys. =))

@Ainsley Lynch No problem! I'll get on to that ASAP. :D

@Samantha Jacobs Sounds good to me! I can get one started for the boys if you wouldn't mind starting one for the girls? :D
Sure! Sounds good! I'll add it to my list of other threads I need to start hehe!

@Ainsley Lynch Here for Maria! I will get more done when I am not watching my partner play Silent Hill 2. =))

Users who are viewing this thread

Back