No longer lonely

Alex had been listening to the start of Asher's and Noah's convorsation but had zoned out, just looking at the plants that were visible with his bright ligth. He heard Nina call them lovebirds and had to bite his lip to stop himself from laughing. 'Yep. Before I die of starvation,'Alex said jokingly, starting to walk some more on the made up path. It stoped though Alex noticed and he walked a bit more trying to see if it started anywhere soon. 'Which way guys?'he called out, before coming back sligthly.

Nina walked a bit behind Alex, embarressed that she had just implied something like that, she didn't want to hurt Sakura, or Asher and Noah was just confused. Nina sighed and when Alex walked back towards her she looked up and smiled and looked at what he was looking at, there was no path any longer and Nina looked at Asher asking if she was okay to go on then asked, "How about we go through here?" Nina pulled Alex by the hand and ran a little looking back once in a while to see if Noah and Asher were going to join them but she didn't think they would.

Asher noticed that the path ended and her heart began to race. Nina turned, as if to ask if she was willing to go on, and then began leading Alex away. Asher turned her face to Noah and watched him, her eyes filled with apprehension. She smiled weakly and held tighter to his hand. "Ok, I'm ready..." she said softly. "Lets keep walking."

"very True" Noah said smiling as they finally reached Nina and Alex. Though he couldn't help but laugh when Nina said lovebirds. Other than that Noah put the word aside as he looked as Asher. They all walked through the forest and the forest, but maybe it was just Noah, seemed to get darker and darker.

Then they paused for a moment. Noah wasn't sure if Asher wanted to go on but she did finally say that she wanted to keep walking "Ok then let's go" Noah said squeezing her hand slightly as to say everything is going to be ok. They walked on...

Asher kept the gap between herself and Noah small. Her heart was pounding and her eyes kept flickering to every movement or sound. Asher wrapped Noah's hand in both or hers to insure that the connection wasn't broken. Asher's feet kept getting caught in roots and she kept tripping, causing them to fall behind again.

Noah could feel that him and Asher were close. He continued to walk probably slower than he normally did. He tried to keep his strides slower so he wasn't put too close to either Nina or Alex and that Asher could keep up.

He looked down as she kept on tripping. The forest was dark she had perfectly good reason too, plus Noah could tell that she was nervous. "maybe you are a klutz afterall" Noah whispered teasingly. If there was one thing that Noah always did it was lighten up the mood or in some cases just try to lighten up the mood.

Asher smiled meekly up at Noah. "Maybe...but you have to admit...its pretty endearing." she joked. She loved that Noah could make her smile, even when she was frightened. That has to mean something...doesn't it?

"oh yes very enduring" he joked. Noah actually did find it cute as she tripped about. She had a lot of stength to go into the forbidden forest even though it obviously scared her senseless. Noah smiled at the thought of the tables being turned. What if he was the one scared of the forest. That would be a sight for sore eyes He thought grinning. It was better this way though. Noah could seem protective which he was. Noah had a huge protective air around him that was not to be messed with.

'Yeah, why not? We'll just make ourselves get lost without keepijng a path,'AALex said jokingly as Nina took his hand and lead him trhough to the right. He smiled and jogegd before slowing to a walk. 'Say, my light isn't working as well anymore. Maybe we syhould start heading southwards insteda of going North,'Alex said breaking the silence ebwteen him and Nina. He glanced back seeing Asher and Noah had joined them as well.

Asher beamed up at Noah. He thinks I'm endearing!! Asher was distracted yet again and managed to get completely tangled in a bunch of roots. She lost her balance completely and fell, accidentilly taking Noah down with her. She was sprwaled on the forest floor and a vibrant red began to spread from her neck to the top of her head. She couldn't stop herself. Asher burst into laughter at the situation. She was embarassed, of course, but it was an involuntary reaction. Tears streamed from her eyes as she tried to get control of herself. "Ooops..." she gasped.

Alex turned round, seeing Asher and Noah on the floor. He rushed over seeing if they were ok and helping them up. 'You guys alright? You're bleeding you know Asher,'he said worried

Asher glanced down and saw that her jeans wear torn and she was in fact bleeding from a cut on her knee. She also noticed the scrapes on her hands and arms. "Eww...I hate blood." she commented shutting her eyes tight and taking deep breaths to keep herself from getting dizzy.

Noah smiled first then looked up at Alex and Nina. He was going to say something about maybe heading in a different direction because it was dark but then the next thing he knew he was on the ground. Did he trip? He looked beside him and saw Asher. She was bleeding out of a few different cuts but she was laughing "We need to put you in a bubble" Noah said smiling as he looked her over with his eyes glancing to make sure she wasn't really hurt.

Then she closed her eyes and began to breath in deep. "Asher are you ok?" Noah asked a little worried. "He sat up and turned to Alex "Do you think she needs to go to the hospital wing?" he asked.

Asher took one more deep breath and opened her eyes, making sure not to glance at her cuts. "No, I'm fine...I just can't stand blood...it makes me dizzy. But I'm ok now." She grinned at the others. "Sorry...and yes, a bubble may help...but I'm going to need someone in there with me to keep me company." she teased glancing at Noah. I wouldn't mind if it was him....

Noah stood up slowly. He was now looking back down at Asher. "Are you sure?" he asked again "I could carry you to the Hospital wing if need be" he joked but if she really needed to be carried to the hospital he would do that in a heart beat.

"Well don't worry I could find you a puppy or something to keep you company in that bubble" Noah joked knowing what she had meant in the first place but didn't want to go into that not with Alex and Nina here. Though Noah smiled "I'll get right on that" he teased.

Noah extended his hand to help Asher up. "You sure your ok though" Noah asked.

Asher took Noah's hand gingerly because the scrapes on her hands stung a little. She pushed off the ground as Noah helped her up. "I'm fine..." she met his eyes. "I promise." she added quietly.

Asher smiled. "Oh! And a puppy would be nice...but how would he stay entertained?" she asked jokingly. Asher's hands were still stinging so she linked her arm in Noah's.

Noah was going to doubt her when she said she was fine but then Asher told him that she promised "Fine but if you fall over again we are going to the hospital wing." Noah said smiling at her though.

"Why must you find problems with my ideas" Noah joked "First I offer to put you in a bubble but no you would be lonely then I offer to put a puppy in the bubble with you but no the puppy would be bored." Noah teased as he looked over at her and smiled.

Noah was about to take his first step when his leg began to sting. He must have hurt it in the fall but he wasn't going to say anything. It couldnt' be that bad plus even if it was there was no way he was going to the hospital wing. Call him hypocritical, but he wouldn't be caught died in a hospital. They actually gave him the creeps.

Asher giggled lightly at Noah. "I'm sorry...I'm a thinker!' she claimed. As Noah went to take another step Asher noticed him flinch slightly. She knew he was going to ignore it...but she wouldn't. "Noah...did I hurt you?" she asked concerned.

"Oh gosh a thinker" Noah said jokingly "What did I get myself into?" he laughed as he turned to her. Though she mentioned something about her hurting him in the fall. "Nope I'm fine" Noah said smiling. "Just a little banged up leg" He added not welling to lie to her. He was fine it didn't hurt too bad. "I must have landed on it wrong but I wouldn't look at it there might be blood I don't want you passing out on us" Noah joked. The truth was he could feel the blood starting to go through his jeans. It didn't hurt too bad though and it was his fault. He had landed on a twig in the fall. It didn't matter as long as Asher was ok.

Asher gave Noah a look that said she wasn't convinced. "Noah, if you're hurt we need to see whats wrong. It may be worse than you think." she said, worry in her eyes. Asher didn't care if there was blood, her concern for Noah put her dizzyness in the back of her mind...she just wanted to make sure Noah was alright.

"I'm fine" Noah reassured her as he patted her hand. "If I just fall over here it would be easy to dispose of the body" Noah joked. That was his way to get out of serious situations. It had been like an escape for ages ever since he was young. "But really I'm fine. I say we get back to exploring this forest" Noah added. He would be fine, it was just a few cuts or so.

Asher nodded, but her eyes were still filled with concern. Asher took Noah's arm and slowly began leading him again. She saw Nina and Alex weren't too far away, and she and Noah caught up quickly. She kept watching him, making sure he was really alright.

Noah was glad that he convinced Asher at least enough to continue. He wasn't going to ruin a nice trip in the forest just because he got a little hurt and there was a little blood. Asher and Noah walked and finally caught up with Nina and Alex. It was really dark in the forest now. He was tempted to take his wand out and create some light but he decided to wait and see if they really needed it.

Asher began to notice how dark it was getting, mostly by how much more she was tripping. She wrapped her arms around Noah's waist to improve her balance, and to comfort herself in the darkness. She kept hearing noises and every now and then whe would whimper softly if the noise was particularly close.

Noah could barely see too much anymore. How this forest light changed so quickly. He could hear Asher tripping next to him and feel her grab hold of him for balance. He didn't mind though. Noah just ever now and then heard her whimper. It was probably due to the strange noises that he heard that seemed to be rather close.

Noah continued to walk and this time he was the one that trip over a tree root. Luckily he didn't fall or knock Asher over but it sure didn't help his condition of his leg. Finally Noah knew it was time for his wand. He reached into his pocket and grab ahold of it. Believe it or not he felt so much safer with it near him and in his hand. "Lumos" Noah said as the forest lite up in front of them. Well enough for them to see at least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back