Malfoy Manor number 2

Estrella felt a pang of guiltiness for ignoring Liz, but she fell silent as she glared at her father. "And taking me away from them, terrorizing them, at the most, was any better?"

"I didn't hurt anyone," Tristan retorted with a hint of anger in his voice.

"Unless the cops don't count, considering the situation, you never really had enough time to hurt anyone," Estrella replied bitterly. "You would have, though. If you had the chance."

Liz nodded. "I'll be in the next room. Estrella, call me if you need anything." she was walking for the door with the bat, and then she turned around. Grinning at Garett, she asked, "So, babysitter, are you coming?"

"Seeing as we're all up for accusations, here," Tristan replied angrily, his expression darkening, "I don't really have the need to participate in it any longer." Glowering, he left the room without any words of parting and walked swiftly up the corridor, deeming that Garett would be powerful enough to handle keeping two weak teenage girls in their room.

Liz had barely reached the door when Tristan came out past her. "Oh... nevermind then." she sighed, and turned around. "Estrella..." she said, walking to the bed. "Are you... okay?"

Holding her face in her hands, Estrella finally resurfaced, whispering, "I'm fine." Water filled her eyes, but she would be damned if she allowed a single tear to be shed for her father. She watched as Garett left the room, and heard him adding extra protections to the door.

"Distracting me would be just fine at the moment." Estrella smiled weakly.

Liz smiled. "Great!" she ate a piece of candy, turning her hair blue. She offered an identical one to Estrella. "So, what's new?" her eyes shifted. "Er, I mean..." she paused. "Oh! So what's your least favorite thing about Vladmir? At the moment, I mean. More can come later."

"Well, the fact that he cursed me, probably," Estrella sighed, taking a piece of candy, "And that everything still hurts. But besides that, the fact that he's an ugly, disgusting git is the thing I hate most." She giggled quietly, and she could not believe how fast her friends, especially Liz, could cheer her up, in the most desperate of situations.

Liz laughed. "I was a bit miffed by his curse, but I think his hair offended me more." then she shuddered. "Don't get on the wrong end of a curse from my grandfather though. That was agony." she laid back on the bed. "Probably the only reason I didn't pass out right after you was the adrenaline. Honestly."

Liz let out a huge breath. Thank merlin that she and Estrella could still joke around in a situation like this. This made it easier to put up a fight.

"oh, I almost forgot," Estrella said quietly. She moved over to the wall, where she had hung her robes. Digging through the pockets, she found the tiny scrap of parchment and handed it to Liz. It said:
I think I have an idea that might work. But should we stay here for awhile before it happens, just to lead them all on?

Liz grinned, "Oh! What is it? I get to hear which boy you have a crush on a Hogwarts?" Liz laughed. "I know you've got to have one." Liz wanted to hit herself in the head. A diversion topic, and all she could think of was boys. Well, let's hope this helps them underestimate us as silly schoolgirls? she thought

Liz picked up parchment and a quill and wrote.

Alright. What's the plan?

Estrella began to scrawl on the back of Liz's parchment. "Oh, it's just a boy," she replied airily. She wrote:
Obviously, we're pretty useless at magic without our wands, and after that last bit, I'm sure your grandfather has hid them somewhere.  We're going to need to make a break from here, but first, want to get our stuff out of the way? I doubt we'll be able to make it out of here with trunks this time.
I know that some wizards have transporters, so that they can send their things places ahead of time.  Do any of these happen to be in your house?
If there is, I was thinking of a diversion.  In the case of wands, I could steal Lief's, as he is a blood relative.  The wand should work somewhat.  The only problem is getting our trunks out of these rooms and into Hogwarts.

She looked up at Liz, waiting for a reply.

"What's the boy like?" Liz asked.

I don't actually know if they have those here. Somewhere they would, I assume. I don't know where though. And the manor is huge- I've gotten lost in here countless times. Like a gigantic inn, except more costly and confusing.

Liz paused writing.
Well, if we don't go back to Hogwarts in the fall, the headmistress is bound to notice, not to mention, our friends.

I don't know if any of them would have access to the manor though. Usually you have to do what you and I did outside. It seems that death eaters are allowed in as well. Maybe Malfoy blood or the dark mark? Someone with either one of those could get rescuers in.
[/color]

"Oh, he's just cute and sweet," Estrella trilled in an annoying, high pitched voice.
We need to find out if they have one here.  Maybe next time they let us out again.  Exercise is essential, right?  We can't exactly be crammed up in these rooms forever.  Although I hope we don't have another dinner scene. 

Estrella smiled at Liz, waiting for a reply.

Liz looked blank for a moment. "Er... Oh! Teeheehee!" she said, trying to be as shrill as possible.

We can try that. I don't know... I'm worried about us finding one. It would take too long, right? Maybe they'd let us go in the library so our intellect doesn't rot. Then we could find a spell or two there that could help us?

Still, if nothing else, us not showing up at Hogwarts is going to mean something.
[/color]

Estrella giggled like an idiot along with her.
Well, we can try.  We should request a tour around the house, at least, we can say that we don't want to become tired and lazy.  Know any nice Death Eaters that would vouch for us?

After writing this, Estrella laughed.
Ha, who am I kidding?  We should try anyways though.  And going to the library wouldn't be a bad idea.

Liz winced while they giggled, almost horrified that they were resorting to such measures.
A tour around the house would be good. I mean, if they're going to the trouble of keeping us here, they probably want us in good condition- like collectibles or something. Maybe your father would be on our side? Actually, grandfather might agree. The one thing he supports me in is quidditch, and I need to keep strong if I'm going to continue in that. And they can't show one of us without the other.

Estrella's expression darkened, and then she giggled shrilly to lighten the moment.
I'm not going to be on talking terms with my father, I'm afraid.  I could try asking Lief, he's been good to us so far... And couldn't you ask that Garett guy?  You seem to be getting along pretty well.

Estrella raised her eyebrow at Liz and smiled knowingly.

Estrella giggled, to convince the guards outside that everything was perfectly normal.
We can both ask them to appeal to your grandfather.  I mean, we're in Quidditch!  Are they going to deny us exercise?  You're a captain, for Merlin's sake!

Estrella could only smile at Liz as she waited for a reply.

Estrella scrawled a note quickly, as she heard footsteps out in the corridor.
We need to find a time to talk to him.  I doubt we'll be invited to dinner again.

She handed Liz the note, and motioned for her to hide it as the door was opened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back