Malfoy Manor number 2

Liz quickly stuffed the note in her robes.

"Don't worry Strella! I'll talk to him!" she winked, hoping Estrella got the double-meaning.

Lissandra opened the door, and said, "Your grandfather isn't too happy that you are staying in the same room, but he is letting it pass by this night. However, he did say that you are to go to bed immediately. You both need your rest." Looking over the silent girls, their flourescent hair fading, she said, "You should both change out of those horrible dresses. They're ugly and probably hotter than hell." Smiling, she shut the door, putting magical protections on it and then leaving back to her post along the corridor.

Estrella laughed. "At least the woman has a sense of style. Who picked out these dresses.. A drunken house elf?"

Liz nodded as Lissandra left, then turned to Estrella. "That one might be alright. She can recognize an ugly dress when she sees one, anyway."

Liz laughed at Estrella's joke. "No, a drunken house elf would have better taste. Maybe Vladmir?"

She changed into a nightgown, thanking merlin that she was no longer adorned in frills.

"What were they doing, anyways? Trying to make us look like ugly dolls? If that was a joke, it wasn't very funny," Estrella sighed bitterly. She changed into a nightdress, and said, "Are you sleeping on the floor or the bed?"

Liz chuckled. "Well, they better have learned that they can put us in hideous dresses, but our tempers will change to match the dress."

She plopped her blankets down on the floor. "I was the one who decided to crash in here. I'll take the floor." she grinned, and curled up in her blankets. "I almost wish I had a real potions lab instead of my mini one. We could pull an amazing prank on them that way..." she closed her eyes.

Estrella murmured, "We'll ask tomorrow then-" And the moment she closed her eyes, she was out like a light.

And two early, it seemed, were Estrella and Liz woken up. Estrella's eyes darted open as there was a loud rap on the door, and then it was opened.

"Rise and shine," Garett mumbled grumpily. "You have to get ready for breakfast." He hadn't brought any food with him, so that could only mean one thing. They were supposed to go to the dining room again.

"What?!" Estrella exclaimed. "Why in the world would they want us back there? I only destroyed everything in that room..." She shuddered, remembering the previous night with great clarity. "Wait a minute... Please tell me we're not going to have to wear tutus this time." Her face was stricken in mock horror.

Liz looked panic-striken. "Oh no! I left my good leotard in the other trunk! And my neon green tights, with FRILLS all over them!" she grinned at Estrella.

"Hey, I wonder if they fixed the room after last night?"

"Nope, none of that today," Garett laughed, "But for dinner you might have to wear tuxedos." Smiling, he said, "Just holler when you're ready, and we'll go." He slammed the door behind him.

Taking a brush out of her trunk, Estrella combed through the tangles of her hair uneasily. "I wonder what's up now," she muttered, and then whispered, "But it gives us a chance to talk to them." She dressed herself in a muggle t-shirt and jeans, wondering if that would set the death eaters off.

Liz threw some jeans and a t-shirt on. Muggles definitely knew their clothes. Jeans were a work of art. "You ready Estrella?" she glanced at her shirt. "You have no clue how much I wish I could charm this to read 'Please leave your Crucio at the door'"

Estrella laughed at Liz's joke. "Yeah, I don't fancy being crucio'd again, but it's too hard to keep my mouth sealed sometimes." Turning to the door, she bellowed, "Okay, we're ready."

Liz laughed. "I'll have to look up a charm for that in the library, if grandfather allows it. If he doesn't, I'll have to steal the books and look it up in my room."

Garett opened the door again, standing there with Lissandra and Arcturus. He motioned the two girls to follow, and they made their way back up to the dining room.

"Your grandfather told me to stress on this; behave and no one is going to get hurt," he advised as they were walking.

Estrella only nodded weakly. They could not promise anything, but they would have to be on good terms with the others if they would be granted their requests to walk around the manor and use the library. They walked into the dining room cautiously, but it was void of the multiple men and women that were there last night. Only Lief and Lucius sat at the table, staring at the newcomers.

"So nice of you two to return. Please take a seat," Lucius drawled, but not with nearly as much snideness as usual; he was still unsettled from last night's events, his expression weary. His expression was weary as the two girl's took their seats, and Felox began to pour the drinks for breakfast.

Estrella sat as a breakfast of scrambled eggs and toast appeared, silent and unsure what to do. She didn't touch her food, wondering how they were going to start this whole ordeal off; calmly or violently.

"I was not expecting such a show from a Gryffindor and a Ravenclaw; I must say while you were inclined to break my finery and upset dessert, I'm impressed," Lucius drawled. He stared at Liz and Estrella, daring them to make any smart aleck comments. He was sure that Garett had warned them not to pull anything off today.

Liz closed her mouth. She was just about to ask about the weather to break the silence. She took a bite of her toast, and looked around the table.

Deciding to break the silence, Estrella inquired quietly, "Where is everyone?" She had noticed that the whole dining room had been cleaned up, not a single sliver of glass in sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back