Malfoy Manor number 2

"Don't mess with me little girl, I know hell." he snarled at her, and pulled out his wand. "Crucio!" he growled, leaning towards her.

Liz had been waiting for this. She bit her lip in pain, but dove at Vladmir, driving him under the table, while she was still under the curse.

Liz pinned him under the table, twitching and sweating from the pain. "Listen you greasy git," she began, her voice raw. "I'll bring you hell. If that's what you want." she grinned maliciously. "You've got it."

She bit her lip between words. She refused to scream- luckily, she had it better than most.

"I can still do this," she growled, and slapped him, "while under the greatest pain you can create. Don't mess with me."

Vladmir's eyes flared dangerously. He kept the curse on her for another moment. When her fierceness began to waver, he lifted the curse, and kicked her off him. She flew out from under the table, and he followed. "Stupid girl." he wanted to curse her again. He was surprized at her though. She didn't scream, or even cry. He stood, and went to his seat, looking down at her, as she layed on the floor, still concious.

.Liz slowly brought herself to her feet. Without a word, she turned and staggered down the hall towards her room, as fast as she could

Garett shifted his gaze down the hall. Stupid girl. She's got guts, but she's horribly stupid to pull that. She must have known she'd get cursed. he shifted his gaze to Vladmir. And that bastard looks too smug. I was going to stop him until they went under the table- not much any of us could do then.

He gritted his teeth, noting no one had stood up to follow her. "I'll do it." he said, pushing his chair back.

He turned and followed her down the hall.

Once he caught up with Liz, he walked alongside her as she staggered diligently. "Keep going." he hissed.

Liz didn't have the energy for a retort. She continued limping until she got to her door, which she opened and walked into her room.

Liz turned to see Garett there, having followed her. She threw herself into the armchair. "There's nothing interesting going on here. Unless of course, you enjoy seeing people in pain." she put on a look of mock-surprise. "Oh! Silly me, I must have forgotten. You do like that. You're a death eater." she reached up to check the bandages on her neck. Luckily, she didn't feel any blood. In fact, she could probably take the bandages off by now.

During the whole ordeal, Estrella had jumped up from the table with a knife in her hand, ready to carve a little mark in Vladmir's face. However, she was wrenched back down by both her father and Lief, both of them holding her down easily even when she struggled to follow Liz. She continued to fight at her restraints, but was finally reprimanded.

"Stay in your place, you silly girl," Lucius snarled, "You really don't know the depth of the situation that you are in." His eyes were like ice as he continued to eat delicately, waiting angrily upon his granddaughter's return. She was going to get what was coming to her.

"You just had to retaliate," Garett hissed in Parseltongue. "We have to return back there, you're expected." He ignored Liz's death eater comment and just stood there, quite angrily.

Estrella was unable to restrain herself from retorting. "Oh, yeah, I don't know the depth of the situation we're in," she drawled sarcastically, glaring at Lucius, "Because I have no idea why the HELL I'M HERE IN THE FIRST PLACE!"

Lucius could only smile wickedly. He held up two letters in his hand, the ones from Estrella and Liz's windows. "Children always assume that they know better than their elders," he sneered. "Here, maybe reading it out loud-" He ripped open the parchment in his hands, and began reading with a mocking grin.

Liz bit her lip. "Of course I had to retaliate. He hurt Estrella." she sighed. "I was hoping the rest of you lot would get the message. If you hurt her, I don't care what it takes I'll hurt you. That's the rule for any of my close friends."

Staring at the window, she closed her eyes. "Okay. I'll go back. Only to make sure Estrella's not alone."

Estrella gritted her teeth as he scanned the parchment with his eyes, and he announced that he would be reading it out loud. She watched as Liz was pushed back into the dining room, taking the same place at the table she had before. Trying to make eye contact with Liz, she didn't know what to do. She hated when people impeded on her privacy.

Liz took her seat a bit shakily, but managed to make it look as dignified as achieving a noble title.

She looked over at Estrella, wondering why she looked so mad. Then she saw Lucius with her letter, and what she assumed was Estrella's.

I hope neither one is interesting...

Lucius was angry as his granddaughter entered the room once again, and he turned up his nose at her. Rising from his seat, he walked over to her, silence filling the room. "I take it this is yours, Elizabeth?" He flashed the envelope marked with her name. When she did not reply, he backhanded her across the face as hard as he could.

Liz almost toppled off her chair. Once she'd regained her balance, she reached up to touch her face. It was warm, as expected.

"Well, grandfather" she growled. "That would be even the fool's assumption, seeing as how my name is on it and all.

Lucius gripped his cane tightly, having half a mind to beat her senseless with it, but he thought better of the situation, and returned to his seat with a daring stare. "Alright, then.. Whose shall we start with?" He grinned wickedly, and then opened Liz's with a frown. "Just Quidditch. Not very entertaining," he grumbled, tossing the letter into the fire.

"Now let us see.. Ah." He returned back to Estrella's letter, and began reading it out loud."

In a sickly singsong and mocking voice, he recalled the letter:
"Estrella,
I don't know where you are or if you're safe, but I'm hoping that you are.  Your owl returned here a few hours after you left.  I really don't know how to explain the situation to you, and I don't know what's going on, but your best bet is to stay in one place, and if you have the opportunity to return to that school, take it.  Stay away from your father too.  He's not the same man he once was.  Don't return back here, as much as I would like you to, for you're not safe any longer.
Remember, you still have family here.
Hoping you are safe,
Carlisle

PS: The owl had to bite me until I wrote something.  Is that normal
?"

"How touching," Lucius cooed. "Too bad he's just a foolish muggle, and that you're not going back there. He was right, though. Stay in one place. Although I don't think that you're going anywhere."

Liz glared on, "That was from my seeker!" she watched it thrown in the fire.

Good thing it wasn't from Courtney. I might have launched myself at the fire.

Liz turned to Estrella. Her father is protective of her if nothing else. Probably the only thing I have in common with him. She watched him. If her father ever hurt her, Liz wouldn't hold back on him either unless directly asked to by Estrella.

Estrella was shaking in her anger. These stupid Death Eaters just kept orchestrating ways to make her and Liz explode, and they seemed to be entertained by it. She glared at Lucius, and muttered, "That wasn't yours to read."

"Not mine to read?" Lucius imitated Estrella with a laugh, his face as cold as stone. "Isn't it odd, when the prisoners attempt to reprimand their captors? It just doesn't go over too well."

Tristan was silent as he observed the situation. He still did not attempt to converse with his daughter, even though he wanted to. He had no intentions of hurting her or her friend, although he had chased them away from Carlisle's house. He had not seen his daughter for ten years, and he guessed that he deserved the silent treatment that he was given. Estrella's mother, his wife, had died, and he had never returned for Estrella, even though he was able later on, when she needed his support most.

He admired by the way that Liz Malfoy stuck up for her friend. Vladmir was just lucky that he was sitting in a room surrounded by other people, as Tristan would have hurt him badly.

Liz shrugged, trying to look casual.

"Hey, it doesn't look odd to me. I mean, Estrella and I have been doing it since we got here!" she grinned.

I'll go insane if I sit still and go along quietly. Merlin, a curse every so often is worth not going mad.

Growing irritated with the whole ordeal, Estrella blurted, "You still haven't answered our questions. WHY.. ARE... WE... HERE? Cut the crap, I've had enough of games."

"Hold your tongue," Lucius retorted icily, "Patience is a virtue, my dear." He clapped and the meal was removed, replaced with bowls of pistachio pudding by Felox.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back