Amaryllis Thorne

dazed and confused
OOC First Name
Kenzie
Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Too Young to Care
Okay, so I'm new to the site and have these two first years ready to take on Hogwarts! Well, one is ready to take it on. The other is terrified. Yes, their names are very similar, and I'm sure I'm gonna mess it up royally at some point, but I could not get Amaryllis out of my head, so here we are. They have clean slates, so I'm ready to mark them all up and ruin their lives watch them blossom! :lol:

Zendaya Coleman Eyebrow Raise GIF

AMARA PATIENCE VAYNE
FIRST YEAR GRYFFINDOR
sabrina spellman salem GIF by Chilling Adventures of Sabrina

AMARYLLIS LEILANI THORNE
FIRST YEAR RAVENCLAW
While initially, Amara can initially come off quiet, once she gets comfortable with people, her true fun-loving, sarcastic, adventurous nature bursts forth. She grew up in Liverpool, England to a magical mother and muggle father. When she was 9, they divorced, and a year ago, her mother moved her back to New Zealand to be closer to family. She's just there to have fun and make her family (read: mother) proud. Her father couldn't handle the magical side of life, so Amara is determined to be the best witch ever just to dig it in to him even more and show him the awesomeness that he gave up.Amaryllis is my actual shy child. She is a muggleborn born and raised in Wellington, NZ. She is the quiet, middle child between two loud and rambunctious boys. Because of the trouble her older brother gets in all the time, Amaryllis has developed a heightened awareness of rules and determination to follow them. Her father is a botanist, and she has her own flower garden at home that she will miss very much. She was beyond shocked to receive her letter and is quite terrified to leave home and enter this magical world on her own, though she is relieved to get away from her brothers. She's very sweet and nervous and just hopes to survive til Seventh Year.
Looking for: EVERYTHING! She'd love friends, enemies, people with whom to explore the castle, people at whom she'd roll her eyes....we want it all!Looking for: ALL THE THINGS! Definitely friends! If you're looking to bring a muggleborn or small child to tears, she's your girl. And if your kid wants to take a first year under their wing and introduce them to the wonderful world of magic, she can be that too!

Hi Kenzie! I've got @Amelia Newton for Amara. She's a first year Gryffindor, so I imagine they'll interact. Amelia's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she's fun and adventurous. She's my only firstie.

I also have my third year Hufflepuff (Tilly here) and @Professor Lydia Drage, the DADA prof for the younger years, if anything ever comes to mind. I also have other adult characters. Feel free to reach out anytime if you have ideas :D

Hello Kenzie!

I would like to offer you a few of my characters to yours, if you don't mind!

I liked that thread we did between Nolan and Amara! I'm hoping maybe we could do another thread if you'd like? Develop their friendship a bit better! Nolan has been sorted into Hufflepuff!

I also would like to offer Charlie Jacobs to the table for Amara! Charlie is very adventurous and likes to cause trouble of sorts (pranks and all), so if Amara is up for an adventure or up for trouble, Charlie is your guy! Charlie and Amara are in Gryffindor and he has been sorted into Gryffindor like most of his cousins.

For Amaryllis, I would like to offer Xiuying Huang. Both girls are in the same house, so they at least have a bit in common. Xiuying cares deeply about her academics as well as her sports. She is up for a bit of an adventure, but not too much where she'd like to break the rules.

Let me know what you think!

Hi Kenzie! I've got @Amelia Newton for Amara. She's a first year Gryffindor, so I imagine they'll interact. Amelia's not the sharpest knife in the drawer, but she's fun and adventurous. She's my only firstie.

I also have my third year Hufflepuff (Tilly here) and @Professor Lydia Drage, the DADA prof for the younger years, if anything ever comes to mind. I also have other adult characters. Feel free to reach out anytime if you have ideas :D
I love this! Amara will definitely be excited to go on adventures with her fellow Gryffindor! I'll message you some ideas, but I figure we can start there, and I may steal your other characters later as well. :D

Hello Kenzie!

I would like to offer you a few of my characters to yours, if you don't mind!

I liked that thread we did between Nolan and Amara! I'm hoping maybe we could do another thread if you'd like? Develop their friendship a bit better! Nolan has been sorted into Hufflepuff!

I also would like to offer Charlie Jacobs to the table for Amara! Charlie is very adventurous and likes to cause trouble of sorts (pranks and all), so if Amara is up for an adventure or up for trouble, Charlie is your guy! Charlie and Amara are in Gryffindor and he has been sorted into Gryffindor like most of his cousins.

For Amaryllis, I would like to offer Xiuying Huang. Both girls are in the same house, so they at least have a bit in common. Xiuying cares deeply about her academics as well as her sports. She is up for a bit of an adventure, but not too much where she'd like to break the rules.

Let me know what you think!
YES YES YES! I need more Nolan and Amara as well! Charlie is welcome to be an adventure buddy. I'm sure they won't get into any trouble AT ALL.

I love the combo of Amaryllis and Xiuying. She'll need a good guiding voice and perhaps Xiuying could teach her a bit about Quidditch? Amaryllis does not do the whole sport thing and isn't gonna know what to think of Quidditch. I can message you with some ideas!

YES YES YES! I need more Nolan and Amara as well! Charlie is welcome to be an adventure buddy. I'm sure they won't get into any trouble AT ALL.

I love the combo of Amaryllis and Xiuying. She'll need a good guiding voice and perhaps Xiuying could teach her a bit about Quidditch? Amaryllis does not do the whole sport thing and isn't gonna know what to think of Quidditch. I can message you with some ideas!
Oh, I'm sure those two Gryffindors defs wont get into trouble! lol! But yes! Definitely some more Nolan and Amra threads!!

Xiuying would loveeee to tell her all things Quidditch! She defiantly is up for Quidditch questions or even help Amaryllis with the magical world if needed!

Side note: I would like to offer Samantha Jacobs as well if you'd like, for Amaryllis, for someone who she could look up to, if you'd like!

But yes, feel free to message me with your ideas! I would love to hear them!

:D

Hi Kenzie!

I really liked the Mirim + Amara interaction we had! We should def do something fun and dangerous. They both got sorted into Gryffindor so I think they'll have many chances to interact. I've also got a bunch of other characters from different houses so if you ever want any interactions with them free to let me know! ^_^

Hi Kenzie!

I really liked the Mirim + Amara interaction we had! We should def do something fun and dangerous. They both got sorted into Gryffindor so I think they'll have many chances to interact. I've also got a bunch of other characters from different houses so if you ever want any interactions with them free to let me know! ^_^
I love how she already knows so many in her house! She definitely wants to hang out with Mirim and Sock! Would she be up for exploring the Kitchens? Creepy old lavatory? Other location in the castle? And I'll probably be poking you for some of your other kiddos soon!

Hey Hey...

I was reading through the bio and was going to post a suggestion but then I saw this...

I was wondering if maybe you would like to add Zachariah to the mix. He is a first year Ravenclaw as well. With a passion for quidditch.

My original idea was to have Zachariah as somewhat of a little bully towards Amaryllis, but I think a combo with the 3 could be rather interesting... You can read his bio and let me know what you think.

Zach Bio

Hi Kenzie! So excited to see how Amara and Amaryllis develop! If you're interested in an older Ravenclaw helping Amaryllis, I could offer Adorah! She's a prefect and pretty chill and would love to help some younger students now that she'll be graduating next year.

Hey Hey...

I was reading through the bio and was going to post a suggestion but then I saw this...

I was wondering if maybe you would like to add Zachariah to the mix. He is a first year Ravenclaw as well. With a passion for quidditch.

My original idea was to have Zachariah as somewhat of a little bully towards Amaryllis, but I think a combo with the 3 could be rather interesting... You can read his bio and let me know what you think.

Zach Bio
Excellent! That sounds perfect! Maria is up for it, so I say we throw the three of them together and see what happens. Feel free to let Zachariah lay it all out there. :D

Hi Kenzie! So excited to see how Amara and Amaryllis develop! If you're interested in an older Ravenclaw helping Amaryllis, I could offer Adorah! She's a prefect and pretty chill and would love to help some younger students now that she'll be graduating next year.
Hi hi!!! Ummmm Ravenclaw Prefect? Amaryllis will absolutely idolize her. :wub: She will likely try to be Adorah's shadow, or the little baby duckling following mama duckling around all the time. If you are willing to accept that responsibility and chaos, then I totally accept your offer. :D

Hi hi!!! Ummmm Ravenclaw Prefect? Amaryllis will absolutely idolize her. :wub: She will likely try to be Adorah's shadow, or the little baby duckling following mama duckling around all the time. If you are willing to accept that responsibility and chaos, then I totally accept your offer. :D

I love it! If you wouldn't mind starting something, that would be great - maybe in the common room?

I love how she already knows so many in her house! She definitely wants to hang out with Mirim and Sock! Would she be up for exploring the Kitchens? Creepy old lavatory? Other location in the castle? And I'll probably be poking you for some of your other kiddos soon!
I like the idea of the lavatory xD Let me see what kind of mess Mirim can get herself into. Would you like me to start the thread or would you prefer to? It might take a while because she's got a trip to Gambol and Jape's that she has to make but I've got some ideas

Hi Kenzie, nice to meet you!

Jaewon is also a muggleborn and he loves plants and flowers. He is also a proud dad to 4 succulents at home. I’m sure Amaryllis and him could bond over flowers and she can tell him about her flower garden back home? Similar to Amaryllis, he is terrified of this new magical world he had just been introduced to. It would be nice for Jaewon to have another muggleborn friend, just so he didn't feel too alone. Jaewon is a single child, and I think he would love to hear her stories about her brothers. I'm open to other plot ideas as well!

Excellent! That sounds perfect! Maria is up for it, so I say we throw the three of them together and see what happens. Feel free to let Zachariah lay it all out there. :D

Awesome Sauce Just let me know when you make a thread... I'll join with Zachariah :D

I like the idea of the lavatory xD Let me see what kind of mess Mirim can get herself into. Would you like me to start the thread or would you prefer to? It might take a while because she's got a trip to Gambol and Jape's that she has to make but I've got some ideas
Would you mind? That would be great! I can't wait to see what they get up to. :lol:

Hi Kenzie, nice to meet you!

Jaewon is also a muggleborn and he loves plants and flowers. He is also a proud dad to 4 succulents at home. I’m sure Amaryllis and him could bond over flowers and she can tell him about her flower garden back home? Similar to Amaryllis, he is terrified of this new magical world he had just been introduced to. It would be nice for Jaewon to have another muggleborn friend, just so he didn't feel too alone. Jaewon is a single child, and I think he would love to hear her stories about her brothers. I'm open to other plot ideas as well!
Awww I love this so much! She'll be so happy to know she's not alone! How about they meet in the gardens? I don't mind starting!

Awesome Sauce Just let me know when you make a thread... I'll join with Zachariah :D
Perfect! Will do!!!

Hellow Kenzie,

I am always up for a nice plot of fun thread. You know where to find me haha ;)

Awww I love this so much! She'll be so happy to know she's not alone! How about they meet in the gardens? I don't mind starting!

Yes please, thanks Kenzie!

Amara and Charlie. Definitely.

Hey there!

So I've got one first year, Eugene Nestor, he's a hufflepuff, a very kind and generous person. He's a very musical person, literally he's never far from his guitar (he will miss it if he's away from it for too long). He could be a friend to either or both? He's new to the magical and also anything outside of Auckland.

I can also offer a mentor to Amaryllis. Either Minnie Calida - sixth year, seeker and co-captain of the quidditch team, she's a very very studious person. Or Ajaccio Skey - he's a fifth year, he's more laid back and chilled out. Either or would be happy to help out a new student.

Let me know if any of this is of interest!

Hi Kenzie!
I could offer you Louis for Amara, as they're classmates and in the same house. He's definitely a lot louder than her, but would be very much up for adventures and exploring the castle. I also think she would get plenty of opportunity to roll her eyes at him :r
Louis could also probably unintentionally upset Amaryllis, as he's not a very sensitive guy.

I also have a pureblood girl in second year named Natalia Novak who could definitely bring her to tears. She's not necessarily mean, but she is very much set in her ways and has been taught certain things about purebloods being better than anyone else, especially muggleborns.

Amara and Charlie. Definitely.
Yes yes! Any preference for location?
Hey there!

So I've got one first year, Eugene Nestor, he's a hufflepuff, a very kind and generous person. He's a very musical person, literally he's never far from his guitar (he will miss it if he's away from it for too long). He could be a friend to either or both? He's new to the magical and also anything outside of Auckland.

I can also offer a mentor to Amaryllis. Either Minnie Calida - sixth year, seeker and co-captain of the quidditch team, she's a very very studious person. Or Ajaccio Skey - he's a fifth year, he's more laid back and chilled out. Either or would be happy to help out a new student.

Let me know if any of this is of interest!
Ooooh all of this is so so tempting! I'd definitely love to throw Eugene and Amaryllis together! I'm also game to see how he and Amara get along.

I'm kinda curious to have Amaryllis and Ajaccio hang out if that would work for you. :lol:

Hi Kenzie!
I could offer you Louis for Amara, as they're classmates and in the same house. He's definitely a lot louder than her, but would be very much up for adventures and exploring the castle. I also think she would get plenty of opportunity to roll her eyes at him :r
Louis could also probably unintentionally upset Amaryllis, as he's not a very sensitive guy.

I also have a pureblood girl in second year named Natalia Novak who could definitely bring her to tears. She's not necessarily mean, but she is very much set in her ways and has been taught certain things about purebloods being better than anyone else, especially muggleborns.
Now I'm just singing "Let's Get Loud!" in my head. Louis and Amara definitely need to hang!

I appreciate your ability to offer up multiple ways to make Amaryllis cry. I definitely would like one with Natalia, and if you have time (or save for another term), one with Louis!

Ooooh all of this is so so tempting! I'd definitely love to throw Eugene and Amaryllis together! I'm also game to see how he and Amara get along.

I'm kinda curious to have Amaryllis and Ajaccio hang out if that would work for you. :lol:
Happy to do all of them xD

So, I can start one of the eugene threads, if you start the other. Would you want to start the thread with Ajax or would you want me to?

Now I'm just singing "Let's Get Loud!" in my head. Louis and Amara definitely need to hang!

I appreciate your ability to offer up multiple ways to make Amaryllis cry. I definitely would like one with Natalia, and if you have time (or save for another term), one with Louis!
Am here to make firsties cry, yes.

Should we do Louis and Amara for now, and Natalia and Amaryllis and save Louis and Amaryllis for later?

You can pick which one you want to start :r

So, I can start one of the eugene threads, if you start the other. Would you want to start the thread with Ajax or would you want me to?
Ahh amazing! If you wanna start the Eugene x Amaryllis thread, I can do Eugene x Amara. I can start the one with Ajax as well. Feel free to drop location ideas or just sit back and prepare for my randomness. :D

Am here to make firsties cry, yes.

Should we do Louis and Amara for now, and Natalia and Amaryllis and save Louis and Amaryllis for later?

You can pick which one you want to start :r
I like this plan! I can start the Louis x Amara one, if you wanna start Natalia x Amaryllis! Thank you!!!

Ahh amazing! If you wanna start the Eugene x Amaryllis thread, I can do Eugene x Amara. I can start the one with Ajax as well. Feel free to drop location ideas or just sit back and prepare for my randomness. :D
I like randomness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back