OOC First Name
Nick
Blood Status
Pure Blood
Relationship Status
Married
Wand
Curly Oak/Wenge 16" Essence of Feng-huang Tail Feather
We're planning an everybody-is-invited Skype party (voicing - but if you don't have a microphone you're more than welcome to listen in and type along) and want to try to have as many people on to talk with us all at once.
We've selected a date and some times that might work for the Skype call - but now we need to know your availability.

If you're interested in participating (and we hope you are) just follow the instructions below:
[member][ol][li]Click here</LI>
[li]Change the time zone setting to your time zone so the times listed are appropriate for where you are. (Screenshot of where to change timezone settings)
[li]Insert your OOC first name and check off when you'll be available to chat.
<LI>[li]Save your changes.[/li][/ol][member]It's that simple!
Once we have a good idea of what time will work best for the most of us we'll announce the time and give you more information about how we'll set up the chat (including collecting skype usernames of people we'll be adding to the call).

Update in this post

I'm definitely looking forward to chatting with you all. ^_^

Best,

~Nick
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

I'm just going to say, that i have been waiting for AGES! for one of these! Woot!

With so many people joining, it'll be interesting to see how people will be talking. xD

There may be others, depending on how this one goes. Hopefully we can catch you in the future. ^_^

Omg I'm an idiot. Thank gosh for the delete option.
This will be interesting ^_^

Thats my Boyfriends Birthday! But I'll try to squeeze it in!

Dam that's the last night of the show :doh:
But with time zones I may still be able to squeeze it in somewhere xD

I'll only manage two and a half to three hours, but I'm looking forward to it! I shall dig out my good mic and headphones especially :D :woot:

I'll probably be on stage at that point :( Still-I hope everyone has a great time! <3

Once again and to clarify:
We're trying to schedule when during the day we will be on Skype - we won't be on for all of that time.

Also, Skype has a limit of 25 people voicing at one time. If more Han 25 people sign up we can try to hold it at two different times during the day to make sure everybody gets a shot (and that way we catch the people who couldn't make the first time we'd choose, too). Right now no matter which time slot we cose we'd only have a maximum of 16 people talking at once: so we' totally in the clear for now. :)

Well if it's during the day in this time zone I'll be able to do it. I'll check out the time zones now.
Yeah I can do it ^_^

could someone start a call at whatever time it is then people can join and leave as they need. (so whoever on can IM them to be asked to the conversation, then it is unlikely to be to overfull and so long as there are always someone on and if at thread is open with who is joining and leaving on here so we know who to ask i can see it working.

This is such a good idea! Unfortunately it's in the middle of the night for me and although that normally wouldn't be a problem, i'll be jumping out of a plane the next day and probably shouldn't be tired for that. :r
But hopefully there are more of these in the future! ^_^

Tara Sitara said:
could someone start a call at whatever time it is then people can join and leave as they need. (so whoever on can IM them to be asked to the conversation, then it is unlikely to be to overfull and so long as there are always someone on and if at thread is open with who is joining and leaving on here so we know who to ask i can see it working.
As I said in my post: exact operating procedure will be revealed once we have a time. ;)

As much as I have been very busy, this is exciting. And also half on my birthday.

Wow, 24 people :D

Kiara Tine said:
Wow, 24 people :D
But only up to a maximum of 17 in any given time slot, so we're still well in the clear. ^_^

Well, it's been a while since I last got to talk to people on here properly, so I'll join in. ^_^

Well dang...that's the day that I'll be moving back to NC :( Hopefully this one will go well and I'll be able to catch y'all at another one :)

What an awesome idea.

Thanks for your interest, everybody! ^_^

Now to scheduling the event and getting people properly signed up:

It seems like two different blocks of time were equally popular for different sets of people, so I've selected two different starting times for multiple chats on the same day. I expect that the Skyping will probably last more than an hour each time - so it's very possible that if you said the hour after we start is optimal for you we'll still be on and you'll still be able to join in.

Important! Please make sure your Board Clock is set to tell you your proper local time. If that's set properly, the times listed below will be your local time. :)
The first Skype party will be held: (time=1352570400)
If you're able to make this time (or near it sometime in the course of the chat) Click this link and send me a PM with your Skype username.
The first Skype party will be held: (time=1352588400)
If you're able to make this time (or near it sometime in the course of the chat) Click this link and send me a PM with your Skype username.
If you're planning to attend both partays send me both PMs, I suppose. :tut:

It is important that you send me along your Skype username for each appropriate slow - even if I already have you on Skype.

Some more details about the specifics of the call:
[ul][li]The calls will start on time and everybody who has said they'll be online for that call will be added. Please appear online to be added to the call. I know some of you love to appear offline constantly but you'll mess with my head.</LI>
[li]I'll add everybody to my Skype well in advance of the call. If you come online after the call started, send me a message on Skype and I'll add you in.
[li]If you participate in either call you should be more than prepared for perhaps everybody in the call to add you to Skype. :p (Please don't reject people - it'll be kind of mean and make for some awkward talks. :tut: )
[li]All board rules will apply during the calls. Especially the rules for roleplaying. :devious:
<LI>[li]The calls won't have an automatic end time and people may chat for days after I've left - but the first chat party and the second one will be two separate calls. If people are still talking in the first call come time for the second call, I'll be leaving to start the new one up. :p (I definitely expect to have left the first call well before the second call.)[/li][/ul]

I think that's about it.

If you have any questions or concerns just post them here. :)
I'm definitely looking forward to speaking with you all and hearing some quirky accents. ^_^

Oh, I really really really hope that this works out for y'all because I'm so totally in for round two if that ever comes about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back