Hello ヾ(^∇^)

Jonghwan Choi

OOC First Name
Youngjun
I really hope I'm doing this right, this is my first official post here ^^ I found this website randomly online a few months back and thought it was pretty cool. I wanted to join but reading all the posts here made me super overwhelmed because everyone types in good fluent english and I wouldn't be at par and it's a lot of pressure. I finally mustered my courage though to join so haaaai :)

I'm Youngjun it's nice to meet you all and I'm 21. I'm a big fan of harry potter and Luna has got to be my number one most favourite character in the series. And reading HP really improved my english which was a tremendous help in school.

The website seems a little confusing to me (and I'm a little lost?) so please understand if I bother any of you with questions! Please take care of me well thanks ^^

Hello Youngjun!

I'm Kaye, it's nice to meet you! I'm sure you'll fit in here quite well. Everyone is really nice on here and so don't hesitate to ask anyone questions. We all love Harry Potter and Luna is my favourite character too! :woot: You've just missed out on sorting but there's always next IC (in character) year. For now you can have a look around, see how everything works, and maybe start some plots with people!

Glad to see a new face on the board! ^_^
-Kaye.

Welcome to the site! Glad you've decided to join us. The time for sorting your character into Hogwarts NZ has just closed, but you can always head over to the Unsorted role-playing section and join in threads there. Alternatively you could make an adult character, I think there are still a number of shops in Brightstone and Obsidian Harbour that are looking for shop assistants.

If you like, you can make a topic in the Plotline and Development section, as this will help us understand your character(s) and we can discuss some possible roleplays!

If you have any questions I am happy to help :)
Pheeb

Hi there!

We're glad you decided to join! I'm Cyndi, one of the admin on the site so if you have any questions, feel free to send me a PM. The site can be a little daunting at first, but it'll make more sense once you've been here a little bit.

As far as the language concerns, we have a good amount of members who speak English as a second language and even more members who speak languages besides English so don't worry too much about it. We don't! We're all here to enjoy our love for Harry Potter and roleplaying, and it seems you are too so you'll fit in just fine. :)

I hope to see you around!

Thanks for the warm welcome Kaye, Cyndi and Pheeb! All your names are cute I like them ^^

Oh yea just realized the sorting is over, oh well I can practice my RP-ing till then, so I can be good at it when my character starts school. Thanks again for the welcome though :D Appreciate it lots!

And thanks Cyndi, I'm glad i'm not alone in that, made me feel much better as well :)
And also can I add, I just spent an hour going through the many classroom posts because it seems really interesting, and the lessons are all so thought-out and idk organized?

And I am so impressed by the Professors here that take the time to do research and all wow :o like where do you get that sort of motivation and dedication?? ;; omg so much respect for all of you guys ^^

Hi Youngjun!! :D :D

Welcome to HNZ!!

Judging from your name, I assume you are from South Korea, am I right? I guess the others have already told you the basics which leaves me nothing else to say. :r

Anyhow, feel free to RP with any of us here. We have tons (and I mean TONS!) of characters that could RP with you until the next Sorting Ceremony. Personally, it's great to know that you find ways of learning English by using your love for Harry Potter as an outlet. I started here way back in my university years and HNZ has helped me improve my writing and graphics skills, and my typing speed. With all these wonderful members and awesome admins, I always find my way back to this site no matter how many times I went inactive for the last ten years. xD

Enjoy HNZ and looking forward to RP with you!!

Arle :wub: :wub:

Hey there Youngjun! Welcome!

I'm Nick, one of the admin here, and like Cyndi said - if you have any questions or concerns about the site or need a little bit of extra help with anything, feel free to contact me!

I've often said to people for whom English isn't their first language that their English is so much better than my (in your case, I imagine) Korean. If you hadn't mentioned it, I may have never guessed that you weren't completely confident with English yet!

I hope you enjoy your time on the board!

Hello Youngjun!! Just popping in to say hi and welcome to the site!! ^_^
It can seem very intimidating at first but you'll get the hang of it soon! It seems like you're already familiarizing yourself with the board by looking around ^_^

Feel free to join us in playing games in the OOC Forum Games & Other fun! That's how we all get to know each other more and even spark RPs :D

Also nice playby choice, I love Wanna One! :D :D

Hope to see you around!
-Abby

Hi Youngjun, welcome!

It's nice to see new faces around the board. As a pointer, I know sorting has finished at the moment, so whilst you cant have a Hogwarts New Zealand student, you can definitely have an adult character. We allow multiple characters here and you can use the same email as well (I know many sites don't allow this, but HNZ is superior to all of them :r )

I hope you enjoy your time here! My name's Teigan and I'm from Australia by the way. Feel free to hit me up for a chat any time!

Hi, Youngjun!! Welcome to the site :hug: I'm glad you chose to sign up in the end anyway, because we definitely don't mind whether English is someone's first or second or third language!! We're just here to have fun and share our love of Harry Potter and roleplaying :party:

You are more than welcome to PM me, also, if you need any pointers or just fancy a roleplay!

Hope to see you around,
Claire

(And Luna is the best character!!)

Hi Youngjun! I'm Daphne and I'm from the Netherlands, English is also my second language! The people here are very helpful and open, so I hope you feel welcome!

It's too bad you just missed sorting, but I have two characters that will also be sorted next year that I already made, and if you want we could do an RP with them meeting while shopping or something? If you want I can PM you with details. Feel free to ask me any questions too.

Welcome! Welcome! I’m Lovi. You will see me doing a bit of stuff around the site as I do whatever Nick, Cyndi, and Emzies tell me to do. Haha. I am also on my second year of learning Korean, and I will be in South Korea starting February 22nd! I am always here if you have questions or need help. :lovi:

Hello Youngjun!!

My name is Cole! I'm a super veteran member of the site and on at all odd hours of the day or night. I love plotting with the newbies so feel free to look at any of my characters! As an unsourced you get so much time to decide and plan for your character and we all love to be a part of that!! I'm so happy you found courage to join us! And I hope you stay for a while! After all they don't call it Crackwarts for nothing!

-Cole

Hello Youngjun!

Knowing to read, write, and speak more than one language is amazing accomplishment! Be proud. You're doing fine. :D
I hope you're liking the site, it's been around over a decade now. I've tried leaving it permanently but I never can seem to do it. :r Also, as HP fan I'm probably the worst. I don't keep up with everything. J.K. Rowling have mercy on me?! Anyways =)) See you around!

- madz

Hi Youngjun!

I'm Steph and happy that you decided to join the site! It's a wonderful place so I hope you find it amazing and enjoy rping with us the Harry Potter universe! It certainly does seem like a lot when you first join but hopefully this time being the sorting will be helpful to you!

I'm always open to plot with you now or whenever in the future! Feel free to ask any questions you ever have.

-Steph ^_^

Hey!

I'm Annaleise, welcome to the site :D

Thanks for the warm welcome all! ^_^ And yup, I'm from Korea. Harry Potter was probably one of the main reasons I grew to be interested in the english language? I remember begging my mum to send me for private english lessons as a child! And finally many years later since reading my first HP book, I'm now a first year in university here in Seoul doing my degree in english ^^ Which feels like a great achievement tbh!

Thanks for the warm welcome Arle, Nick, Abby (oh same I'm a huge wanna one fan as well!), Teigan, Claire, Daphne, Lovi (Woah thats cool where did you learn korean?), Cole, Madz, Steph & Annaleise!

Oh my gosh you guys are too nice! Like I felt so loved the moment I joined ^^

Hello Youngjun and welcome!

Don't stress at all about your English. English is not my mother tongue either and I was a first year at university when I first joined the site. Text based rpg had only benefited me to improve my English and yes, I'm still today searching on google for words, synonyms, spelling errors etc. so you're definitely not the first or the last person with that apprehension.

Just enjoy your time here!

Liam

Jonghwan Choi said:
Lovi (Woah thats cool where did you learn korean?)
I am taking it in college! It's vy far my most favorite course. If you ever want to RP, fee free to message me or ask for my Skype (or KakaoTalk).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back