• Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As with every birthday, all of the topics will be eventually moved to new homes but not closed unless they were a competition in which case they'd be moved to archives.
Awesome. I might read the next half chapter this evening.

I've not read all the books, but I've read the first one like 3 times which is why I did not read this one :lol: :lol: buuut if we ever did a group read of the 3rd book I totally would because I NEED to get more than half way through it omg. I keep trying, I don't know what's wrong with me =))

I have now finished 6 kapitel Rejse fra perron ni trekvart (the journey from platform nine and three quarters.
thoughts on the chapter
It is a nice introduction to the Weasley family. Showing molly as being motherly and the twins joking around. And also some of the other main characters.
Harry must be lucky that he managed to find his own compartment when all of the others were full. But I guess he and rob got a few visitors.
scanners biting crabs finger was interesting. I wander if Pettigrew recognised the name and that his dad had done something to harm him in the past and it was a small form of petty revenge.
I also liked the name drop of many famous historical witches and wizards throughout history and myths.
However the coolest thing in the chapter are the differences in translation. In the danish version it is paste run doesn’t like not corned beef and even more importantly chocolate frogs are not frogs in Denmark. They are chocolate owls. Which is pretty cool 🐸🦉

Okay. so making slow progress. I read chapter nine last weekend half of chapter ten today before I almost fell asleep (it was after a long day of work. and I was listening to it on slow speed).
one thing I thought on chapter nine was how unfair it was that harry got straight into the suidditch team not even knowing what quidditch was. I pictured a fifth-year who may have always wanted to be on the team but charlie Weasley was always in the position. and this year was his time to shine. maybe they had spent the holidays practising. walking somewhere away from their muggle neighbourhood somewhere that they couldn't be seen or maybe practising at night. then suddenly the trials get cancelled because a first-year was seen catching a ball and was given the position.

Okay so this kind of get left to one side as I was studying and it takes a hell of a lot more concentration than a normal book.
but (insert drumroll 🥁🥁🥁🥁)

I finished.
I can now say I have read Harry Potter og de vises sten entirely in Danish.

MIA that's so impressive! Congratulations!!

I never got around to reading much of Harry Potter en de Steen der Wizjen, lockdown ate 99% of my brain power, but you've inspired me to give it another go soon!

Thanks rowan.

yeah do it I have total faith in you. Even if it only a couple of pages a month you will get there. And it feels great when you do.

mind you next year I might stick to English.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back