Doctor Who

Haha or, if like me, you lived in the UK you could any episode, anytime, for free, off BBC iPlayer, it's awesome ^_^

No, because I'd have to stream it which is downloading and my ISP limits my downloads, apparently.

I can get the episodes on the CBC website, too, because they help make Doctor Who - BBC Wales and the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation do it together somehow. Unfortunately the BBC only lets the CBC keep episodes on their website for so long. -_-;
*ahem* Anyhow, ya, like I said, I couldn't keep watching regardless. ;)

So I'm watching the Doctor Who 1996 made-for-TV movie now.
Does this count as new who or old series? :r

I can't get the old Who anywhere and it's making me so sad!

& I think that would just be "the movie"... well until, if and when the up coming Who Movie is out. I'm kind of curious about who the writer is going to be/who is going to be the Doctor and who his companions are going to be. (Oooh maybe a female, non-Caucasian Doctor this time!)

Ok, is the movie worth watching? xD
I've like 20 minutes in maybe and am still pretty meh.

I haven't seen it. I have only seen it in VCR and I don't have one anymore but I'm trying to find it. I'd heard it wasn't very good though.

If you are going to watch "Old Who", don't pick the movie.... also don't have a lot of hope for any future movies.... Doctor Who just isn't meant as a full length, one storyline show.

Still haven't watched the movie. xD

Has anybody watched the Christmas special "prequel" yet? xD
http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00m7qjb
Kinddd of tired of the always-about-to-die-how-did-he-not-this-time doctor thing. It never used to be like this. I mean sure, there was always danger, but not always about to die and somehow a miraculous escape. T-T I thought he was going back to being shadowy-doctor not harbinger of death. @_@

Is the Christmas special itself on Christmas...? Do you know what day it is being aired?

I know it's aired on Christmas Day in the UK (sadface at no Dr. Who at 7PM with my Christmas dessert after wake up from my food coma xD ) but I don't about anywhere else.

I'm sure google will tell you though. Seemingly it's on BBC America on 9/10c on Christmas Day.

I figured out like ten minutes after posting. Blegh. Thanks Pat. I had plans to watch it with my friends but now that's out of the window.

I really, really don't like tv shows like I'm more into music than tv but I watched one episode the other night.

It wasn't bad, actually though it was a little interesting ;D I'm not sure if I'll watch another (because I can never remember when they come on) but not bad of a show :3

So I thought the Christmas special was fairly meh this year. :erm:

I am soooooo excited for a new not-Amy series. :r

It cannot come too soon. xD

What happened to Donna? ^_^

Donna: Donna got her memory wiped, she knows nothing of the Doctor now.
Nickles: Why? I liked Amy...

Teigan: Because the show became all about her. It was the Amy and Rory show. I didn't like that.

Donna: It had to happen, elsewise Donna would have died. :o

To start off:
I LOVE DOCTOR WHO HOW DID I NOT FIND THIS THREAD EARLIER?!

I didn't mind Amy, but as Nick said it did become about her after a while... :r

I can't wait for the new series but as usual New Zealand will get it months after its been relesed everywhere else :cry: which sucks. I will be sad to see Amy go but... yeah it'll be good to have it all about the doctor once again :)

Nickles: Yeah I guess you do have a valid point, but apart from that I really liked Amy.

Elodie(Sorry don't know your ooc name): Yes, I do agree but in a way it did get the show more followers, atleast in Australia. I don't know about NZ or Canada, but here it went really well. Then when they had Matt Smith in with Elisabeth Sladen when she was doing "The Sarah Jane Adventures" more people watched it. But I dunno, it would be nice to have it about the Doctor again.

Pond Life: Pretty good. The first couple were meh. But when they finally started to come together and mean something as a story - pretty great. Also an interesting glimpse at the companions trying to get on with regular life without the Doctor.

Asylum of the Daleks: Quite the twist ending. When I watched it again it was fairly obvious. But then I knew what to look for. xD I think I'll really like Jenna-Louise Coleman as a companion, too, which is great because of how much I've oscillated on Amy as the companion.

I thought it was brilliant when the Daleks were talking about how hatred is beautiful, then told the doctor that perhaps that's why they've been unable to kill him. His absolute hatred for them keeps him alive. xD

The fact that a human was converted into a Dalek was interesting. I'd been musing that perhaps Daleks were a human branch and that even the Doctor didn't realize as much. This means that could be true. Just like the Cybermen convert humans, the Daleks can, too.

Finally, I agree with one of my IF/ZB support friend's blog posts about the episode where he says that seeing the doctor have to deal with a human (who he historically lives to protect, always giving them one chance to change their ways before he does anything drastic) that is now a Dalek (who he historically has no compassion or regard for) and just be placed in that situation was very neat to observe.

Doctor Who New Series!!!!

Deep Breath: So it took me nearly an entire season to get used to Matt Smith, but from the first moment i saw Peter Capaldi, it was like I had been watching him for years. Like a long lost friend. I really liked him in this feature length episode and i definitely can't wait to see more of him. Overall the episode was pretty good.
From the beginning of this episode i knew I was going to enjoy it. Capaldi's initial confusion about Clara and everything around him was pretty funny and it was lovely to have him so out of touch with himself. Clara's initial hesitation towards him was annoying however as I feel it's been overdone and considering she is the impossible girl, she should have known already this would happen. My only conclusion is that she doesn't remember or something along those lines. I think the reluctant companion arch is overdone and I would just for once like a companion who is all chill about it. That would be nice. I liked the nod towards his previous appearances in the franchise and also the subtle little nods to previous episodes. It was fun trying to pinpoint which episodes he was referencing and enjoyable to see the addition of of a a possible murder by the Doctor. I thought that was an interesting road to go down and I will enjoy seeing the consequences of it. As always Strax annoyed me, but Vastra and Jenny made up for it. Matt Smith's little cameo towards the end was very exciting too and it really brought his replacement to light. My one concern was the end scene, I'm confused about who that woman was, but I eagerly await the chance to discover her identity!

Obviously I was more than excited for Saturday's episode (I even stopped myself from watching the leaked screeners for episodes 1-4).
And, honestly, I'm a little disappointed. Maybe I was too hyped.

I know I'm going to love this Doctor just because he's not a fan girl's wet dream anymore. I think it was just this particular episode wasn't my thing, generally. A little bit slow moving without being particularly deep or banter-y either. Lots of unnecessary head nods to previous jokes. Too many vague-but-not-really-that-impressive-right-now mysteries brought up/alluded to for them to unravel in the series to come - and I think I'm never too keen on the episodes which are just murder mysteries set in late-19th century UK. (Don't get me wrong - I like Vastra and Jenny and Strax, don't love their Sherlocke Holmes get-up with the Doctor.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back