Blood Status
Muggleborn
Relationship Status
Married
Sexual Orientation
hetrosexual
Wand
Knotted 12 1/2 Inch Sturdy Fir Wand with Thestral Tail Hair Core
Hello hello! It's me again! Back at it again. There are number of things to get through, so lets not hesitate and just jump into it.
Sorting Y33 Ended!
Sorting has once again come to an end! It's been a really good sorting year with plenty of fun and exciting characters finding homes in their new houses. A total of 72 characters got sorted during the three week period of sorting and the numbers break down further in the fancy pie chart below. This year we had six transfer application, and approved three of them. Congratulations to everyone who got sorted or transferred. Have the best time RPing around Hogwarts, get into plenty of mischief or work exceeding hard to bring Hufflepuff another house victory at the end of this IC year. Happy RPing!

Classes Started - Week Two
Monday of this last week marked the beginning of the semester on HNZ, lessons have begun popping up in the classrooms. We're already heading into week two, so professor's lets all keep on top of our workload, make sure classes are posted on time and students have at it, those lessons will only keep on coming until the semester comes to an end :r try to keep up! Students in third year and above should use the gradebook to sign up to the classes they want to take during this semester, and you can keep up to date as to what classes have posted right here in this topic: Lesson Notification.

House Meetings!
All of the houses are in the process of having house meetings! This is an opportunity for characters in houses to interact, to welcome your own character back to the house and the school semester or maybe for a particularly brave slytherin to give Kalif a hug - he loves those! These can be good opportunities to have characters get to know their new head of houses, or be aware of the prefects in their house. You can find the Gryffindor one Here, the Hufflepuff one Here, the Ravenclaw one Here and the Slytherin one Here.

New Prefects & Head People
As with the beginning of the new year, we have new prefects and new head people. These positions are given to fifth years and seventh years respectively. Full lists for prefects can be found within the common rooms or in the group search function. So meet your new Prefects and Head People:

Fleur van Houten
Mervyn Strangewayes

Chante Ateara
Patrick Vernier

Simon Vanity
Stella Wright

Liam Walgrave
Leda Layton

October Alcott
Jerara Tapsell

Clubs Y33
The clubs fair is under way, if your character is hoping to join one of the many clubs that HNZ has to offer then be sure to check out the club fair to do so. It is here! Club leaders should contact the Admin when they have lists of the new members so that those people can be given access to the areas (specifically, heta omega, brotherhood and HM). New lists of members should be posted in the respective areas. Shortly, all of the respective topics will be posted in the Accio area, so you can encourage members to post pictures within that, some have already and the rest will follow soon!

Apps reopening!
Applications will be reopening tomorrow (Monday). Just a bit longer for people to wait to be able to apply for things for characters, careers for older characters etc. We appreciate everyone's patience during their closure and have fun applying when they are finally open. We also encourage members whose first years are looking to be pureblood, part-veela or anything else that would be considered out of the norm to apply for it before they start RPing as it. Something you'll be able to do from tomorrow.

Avatar poll -Round Avatars here to stay?
Do you like the round avatars or would you rather they were square? Head over to this poll to see the options of what we can do with the avatars and have your say in it before it's too late. We are looking for feedback from our members on this, though of course the admin will still make the final decision regarding it.

Rules Reminder
During this sorting we've seen a lot of new members join us - Welcome to all of you! We'd like to take this opportunity then to highlight the Site Rules, for old and new members. Take a read at them, familiarise or re-familiarise yourself with them. Rule breaking is taken seriously on the site and should ever spot anything that goes against the rules, report it. It would also be a good time to familiarise/re-familiarise yourself with the Netiquette too.

Holiday forums now closed
By the time you read this the holiday forums will be closed! I hope you managed to get everything done in time. You can check the calendar for when these areas will reopen and you can have at RPing everywhere again!

Welcome New Professors!
As always we have some amazing new professors! Welcome to Mia, taking Divination with Elvera Le Fey; Alex, taking Arithmancy with Eva Selwood; Kris taking Herbology with Angel Castillo, and not a new professor but Dan taking on the rest of the years for Muggle Studies with Ryder Warrick. Good luck all of you with these new positions. Professors should take the time if they haven't already go to Professor OOC Meeting Y33 and An IC Meeting: open to professors and staff.

• Lonely Evening
    Mark - "that shy kid" - finally starts talking to someone and that someone is Eric - a guy who is in Hogwarts for few days and already is known for being aggressive and attacking. How that will turn out?
  • Get Over Yourself
    The thrilling conclusion to who would get head boy between these two hasn't ended in the way that either had expected. Will their friendship completely crumble?
  • Relax, Take it Easy
    Two first year Gryffindors have a chat after lessons.
  • Playing Certain Characters
    An ooc discussion about playing characters who are evil and what that can sometimes mean with their RPers.
  • Essential First Step
    A very curious first year has an encounter with one of the more notorious shop assistants as she purchases her wand.
  • The Kids Are Finally Gone Party
    The medley is celebrating the start of a new semester of school with a party with some new (lethal) drinks. All professors drink for free :r
    The Specials: https://hogwarts.nz/threads/specials.72361/#post-1396304

• Quidditch
  • Halloween
  • Brightstone weekend

Right that's everything! Leave comments/questions/etc below!

Emzies
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Thanks for the update Emzies! I'm glad the year has officially begun :D also thanks to whoever highlighted Tristan & Jerara, I'm very curious about where that thread will go! I'll definitely check out the other highlighted plots too.

Thanks for the update Emzies! So excited for the year to happen. I was curious when Evelyn would leave the school with who I would be most active. But I've found a lot of students again and inspiration for them after not using them a while. So graduating does have also a positive thing to come out! Good to see so many new people joined!!

So many great plot highlights!!

Thanks for posting, Emzies! So many plot highlights! It makes me happy! ^_^

Thanks for the update, Emzies :claire: I agree, the plot highlights are all great/fire/smashin'/A1 or whatever one might say. Congrats to all the professors and prefects/headstudents~

Thanks for the update! I'm loving everything going on right now :D And those are some great highlights... I had somehow missed that wand thread and it's amazing xD

Thanks for the update, Emzies! :wub: The excitement for what’s happening never ends :woot:

Yay :wub: Thank you for the update!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back