Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
Hey all. It's me again! With being sick and all, I felt like I was doing this bwu to catch myself up on a few things. I hope you find it just as helpful. ^_^

End of the Semester!

Is it just me or do the semesters seem to be getting faster?! :o
It's exam time! All exams should be posted today, unless you're teaching an OWL or NEWT level course.
Grading for all lessons even OWL and NEWT classes should be completed by the Friday deadline. You should have been keeping up all along and not waiting for the last minute, riiiiiiiiight? So there shouldn't be much more than lesson six and exams to grade. ;)
Professors in need of assistance in any way should reach out to an admin asap.

Students, you have until Wednesday to get those exams done! Best of luck in helping your house earn those coveted house points.

Also, professors and students, if you have any rule breaking roleplays going on, you should start finishing them off.

Adventures in Quidditch

What can I say? Were those not two of the most exciting games ever? The Bludgers were taking no prisoners this week.
Gryffindor vs Slytherin saw several players exit, but Gryffindor prevailed winning 160-0.
And in the second game of the week, Ravenclaw beat Hufflepuff 170-50 after taking out their Seeker.
If you missed either game, I need to know why :p and then I need you to check them out here: [member] This is where the magic is happening[member]

Professor Duels - not the finals yet

Professor duels are still happening and it looks like I timed out, so the championship match will be between Professor Aeon Summers (Transfiguration) and Professor Matt Ward (History of Magic). If you haven't been keeping up, I encourage you to take a look and join as a spectator or in the SDA topic, making a sign to support!

More Quidditch News!

After a suggestion from Jesse & Phoebe Inc and some discussion with us, there is a new New Zealand quidditch team. Welcome the Kaikoura Keas. Head to the quidditch player updates to add your players to that team and any other.

Super Important Accio! Announcement

Students and Hogwarts Staff, this is your final opportunity to take your picture for Accio! A little birdie told me you've got about a week before the profile pages will be closed up and you'll be just a name in the yearbook. Don't be that guy (or gal)!

Check Yo' Self

As a reminder, if you've got a character with some kind of special designation, responsibility, or membership, you should be checking into your account with some frequency for PMs from other members and site staff. This serves as a second reminder for shopkeepers to check their PMs. And this serves as a first reminder to Wizengamot folks to do the same.

Events, Events, Events

Please don't forget that if you're planning on having your shopkeeper or student or other character run an event, you need to run it by us for approval. This applies even if you've received approval for an event in the past. Past approval does not equal approval, forever and always. We want to ensure that events get the attention and space they deserve and sometimes that might mean delaying an event for a better time when it isn't conflicting with too many other events or plots.

If you do get approval for an event and want us to hype it, please feel free to poke a member of staff or submit a plot highlight request. Don't assume we see your announcements (though we usually do). :r ;)

Here are two fun upcoming events:

Ice cream flavor event - sign ups are still open though they are closing very, very soon.

Wheelbarrow race sign ups! - The event is set to begin next week so sign ups won't be open for long!​
[ul][li]Astrology for the Astronomer
The title kind of says it all. Cute little thread between two third year Ravenclaws.</LI>

[li]Practice Makes Perfect
Two members of the Gryffindor Quidditch team practice together, Lizzie shows off she can play as more than just beater

[li]Sort of Sleepover
April and October are connecting as stepsisters, revealing things about themselves in the meantime.

[li]Never Said I Wanted This
Hayley and Odette have their first ever civil conversation. Can they reconcile their rivalry?

[li]Clashing Bludgers
Two of the beaters on the Gryffindor & Slytherin teams have a little confrontation after the match.

Other RPs in this Plot:
The Slytherin vs Gryffindor match: http://hogwarts.nz/topic/30634362

Don't forget that you don't have to just highlight your own plots. If you've been grabbing some popcorn to read a specific plot, let us join you! ^_^ [/li][/ul]
[ul][li]Exams being over x_x
[li]Yule Ball shenanigans! :elf:
[li]Holiday fun! :party:
[li]More campaign craziness :frantics:
<LI>[li]A Wizengamot trial! :DE:
[/li][/ul]I hope you found some useful information in here. Are you looking forward to anything in particular over the next few weeks? Hate these BWUs and wish they would stop? Let me know what you think!

Have a great week,
Cyndi
(On behalf of the HNZ Site Staff)

Yaaay so much going on :D

I'm sssssssssso excited about the new Quidditch team, actually makes me excited for Lizzie to graduate (as much as I want her to stay a kid forever :lol: )

Look at all the plot highlights :woot:
-goes to lurk-

P.S Thanks for posting this cyndicat!

Ooh a Wizengamot trial huh?! Lurk mode activate :woot:

Yay for the new NZ team!! Very exciting.

If you're thinking about signing up for the wheelbarrow race... you definitely should :claire:

Thanks so much for the update Cyndii!! :hug:

Daisy Parker said:
Look at all the plot highlights :woot:
-goes to lurk-
I highlighted that first one :r So good at coming up with a description for it xD

Thanks Cyndi!

That's funny, I thought I highlighted that one but the description seemed unfamiliar xD either I did it too or I intended to.

Thanks for the update!

Archived

This topic can no longer be considered 'news' but should rather be called 'olds'. It has thusly been archived.
If you have any questions or concerns involving this [former] news, please contact an administrator and keep looking for newer 'news' in the News and Updates forum.

Thank you,
~The HNZ Site Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back