Back to work

Gabriel smiled. "Numbness is good. It means your natural endorphins are kicking in. Just remember not to take any painkillers for a while, they'll thin your blood and make healing harder."

He laughed. "Oh, absolutely. When you're healing it, try to leave your back uncovered as much as you possibly can, and wear loose clothes so they don't rub. Getting dressed is going to hurt a lot... you've got no idea." He made a concerned face. "I'm getting a tatt on my back next week... I'm really not looking forward to healing that at all."

She smiled at him. "Well i'm a girl so i can just wear open back shirts. But i'll have to put off redecotrating, so i don't get paint near it." Seh smiled and took a seat in the chair.

Gabriel nodded about the open backed shirts, shutting the door and washing his hands. "Redecorating shouldn't be a problem, as long as your back is covered when you're working with paint." He smiled. "Unless you planned on covering yourself in paint and rolling all over the walls. Then you might want to wait." He grinned, pulling on a new pair of latex gloves.

"How did you know i did that?" She asked in fake shock. "No but i tend to wear open shirts, it gets hot in there." She said. "I mean i can't turn the air conditioner on when the windows are open, so you know..."

Gabriel nodded, opening a new set of needles and putting them in the autoclave while he mixed fresh ink. "Fair enough. I usually just wear t-shirts about ninety percent of the time... I like to show off my sleeves." He grinned, holding up one of his tattoo-covered arms. "They're basically the best thing you can heal a tattoo in, if you have to cover it to go out into the sun. Nice and loose." He smiled, taking off the gloves and getting down some fresh ink pottles, trying to mix them to match the green he had been using before, which had almost run out.

"Yeah i could always go topless!" She flashed a grin at him, pulling down the top of her dress and laying across the chair again. She felt a bit chilly and rubbed her arms, she had goosebumps. She hoped it wouldn't affect anything. She smiled against the chair. "So the naked guy," she muttered, bringing the earlier conversation up.

Gabriel chuckled. "You'd have to be careful to avoid company. Walking around shirtless is so much easier when you're a guy." He smiled, having finished with the ink and turning around to carefully remove the glad wrap from her back, checking how the scabbing was going. He wiped off a bit of spare ink, and redrew some of the guidelined that had come off with his pen.

Gabriel shuddered violently when Sarah mentioned the naked guy. "Eek. Just the thought of it makes me cringe! So horrible..." He groaned, putting the lid back on his pen.

Sarah had to try hard to contain her laughter as he drew the lines on her back. She had a lot of trouble keeping her back from moving as he did what he needed to, but as soon as the pen was gone, she laughed uncontrollably.

Gabriel grinned at Sarah laughing, pulling off his gloves and changing them for fresh ones. The autoclave beeped and he pulled out the needles, fitting them in the tattoo machine and setting up the ink he had mixed, tossing the old one in the bin. "Ready to go?" He asked, turning to Sarah.

"Ready as I'll ever be to be a masochist to my body." She replied with one laugh. She had a big grin on her face, hoping that he would start soon, because the numb was wearing off already. She hummed a bit and waited for the sting.

Gabriel grinned, turning on the machine. "Right, here we go. Breathe in." He placed a hand on an untattooed part of her back, then put the needles to her skin, beginning on the detailed outlines within the wing.

She took a breath and felt the sting of the needles once more. She knew her back would go numb more quickly this time. It definitely didn't hurt nearly as bad this time though.

Gabriel smiled. "Feeling okay?" He continued working on the detail carefully, filling in all the outlines that were needed.

"Yeah, no hotheadedness. And I am numb so that's good." She smiled into the back of the chair. The thoughts that ran through her head, were embarrassing even for her. She was glad he wasn't a mind reader.... or at least she hoped he wasn't. She tried to keep from laughing at one thought.

He nodded. "That's good." He smiled. "It can get too much after awhile though, when it all sorta builds up... Just say the word and we'll stop." He smiled, drawing in a few more details, wiping the ink and blood away with a handywipe. He blinked when he saw Sarah trying not to laugh. "What's so funny?"

She nodded barely. then blushed. "N-nothing at all."

Gabriel smirked. "Doesn't sound like nothing to me." He wiped her back again.

Seh bit her lip. "Well why do you care?"

He shrugged with his free shoulder. "Just curious. If something's funny enough to make you laugh while getting tattoed it must be pretty good." He grinned, outlining another detailed section of the wing.

"Well it wouldn't be funny to you. Trust me on that one." She said smiling.

He shrugged, outlining a particularly tricky bit before he replied. "I don't know about that, I find most things funny." He smirked, wiping her back with the handywipe again to get rid of some more spare ink and blood.

"Well I'm not going to tell you!" She said smiling. She didn't need him to know her thoughts.

"Uncool." He stuck out his tongue, doing the last bit of detail in the lower half of the wing and moving to the upper half.

"Well too bad!" She smiled and held back laughs. "Just thinking of stuff... stuff you don't want to hear."

Gabriel pouted. "Awww. Thinking about how horrible I am?" He teased, wiping her back and outlining another small section. "I might have to go cry." He smiled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back