Back to work

Gabriel blinked. "That's awful! Did they get away with it?" He had reached the top of the wing now,and started working across towards her shoulderblade. "Here comes the sore bit." He added.

He laughed. "It's not too bad. I do like working here, but I'd rather own my own tattoo parlour. Someday..." He smiled.

Sarah didn't say anyhting, she could feel the needles hitting the sore part of her shoulder, it hurt immensly. Seh kept from saying anyhting by putting the things he had given her, in her mouth. Seh gripped the back of the chair, keeping her mind off of it by counting in her head.

Gabriel started singing lightly to soothe her. He didn't have an amazing voice, but singing usually helped most people get through the worst parts relaxed... even if they weren't exactly calm. He sang a simple Irish lullaby his mother used to sing to him, that she told him his father had taught her.
"Over In Killarney, many years ago, me mither sang a song to me in tones so sweet and low. Just a simple little ditty, in her good ould Irish way, and I'd give the world if she could sing that song to me this day." He sang, taking on a slight Irish accent to help the flow of the words.
Gabriel smiled sadly, wondering for the millionth time what kind of person his father had been. His mother had told him that he was kind, and good, and had the sweetest Irish brogue.

Sarah tried to keep the pain from her back, a tear slid from her eye, it hurt a lot. Gabriel began singing, and he had an amazing voice. She felt a fluttery feeling in her stomach and smiled, she didn't feel as much pain, maybe it was just a distraction for her. She wondered where he had learned that song, she hadn't ever heard it before.

Gabriel smiled when he felt Sarah's muscles relax. The more relaxed she was, the easier this would be on her body, and the less it would hurt. He continued the song, working over the painful bit as fast as he could, while still paying attention to detail and following all the lines properly.
"Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now don't you cry! Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li, Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an I-rish lul-la-by. Oft, in dreams I wander to that cot a gain, I feel her arms a-hugging me as when she held me then. And I hear her voice a hum-min' to me as in days of yore, when she used to rock me fast a-sleep outside the cabin door."
He smiled. "Nearly done." He added, reaching the last of the outline lines across her shoulderblade.

She listened to his song as he had almost passed over the sore spot on her shoulder. Even while tattooing he was so gentle (well as gentle as he could be). She smiled and spit out the cloth into her hand. "You have an amazing voice." She said.

Gabriel blinked, then laughed. "Apparently I got it from my dad. He used to sing that song to my mum's stomach when she was pregnant. He died before I was born. Car crash." He explained, then changed back to the original subject, to avoid thinking about that. "But it's not the most amazing voice. Apparently my cousin's lead soprano at his school, and his mum's looking into opratic training for him. So jealous." He grinned, coming off the shoulderblade and heading towards the spine. "Right, the spine's gonna hurt, because the bones are so close to the skin, but hopefully it won't be too bad."

"i'm sorry. I know what it's like." She said in truth. The pain of loosing someone that was dear to you is horrible, but to loose someone who could have been dear to you, must have been worse. He obviously didn't want to stay on the subject, because he brought up his cousin. "Really, back when i was in school, i was a high soprano also. I did lots of solo stuff too." She loved singing, or doing anything musical for that matter. She could feel a bit of stinging as he came closer to the spine./

Gabriel nodded to her comment about his father, but didn't say anything. He wondered who his father could have been; from what his mother had said he was wonderful... but he had his mother, who had raised him wonderfully all on her own, and truly he could never ask for more.

"Really?" He smiled, at her comment about singing. "Cool. I never really did singing lessons or anything, though I was kinda in a band in high school, but you know the cliche about high school bands." He smiled. "I was only a backing singer though, mostly I played guitar."

She smiled into the seat, a bit of a cringe of pain in her voice. "I still say you were probably amazing. My brother played in a band when he went to Hogwarts. Oops." She said. She had let that slide. Angela could not find out about it... not yet.

Gabriel blinked. "Oops?" He asked, at the same time wondering if her brother had been in the same band as him. That would be an... interesting coincidence. He thought back, trying to remember if Sarah had mentioned her brother's name.

"It's okay," she said, still cringing a bit. It didn't hurt as bad as the other part, but this did hurt.

Gabriel nodded. "So what was your brother's name?" He continued, wiping the blood off as he worked down her spine, sticking exactly to the outlines he had drawn, pausing only occasionally to glance at the original photo.

"Angelo Marion. He passed away a while ago though." She said sadly. She missed her brother a lot.

((Just checking - is it ok if I say Gabriel knew him? Also... how old would he be now?))

(He would be about 31-32 now, and yeah that is fine.)

((Cool :) ))

Gabriel blinked. "The name rings a bell... I think he was a few years ahead of me." He smiled. "Almost done this bit, but there are a few more details to fill in in your spine area." Gabriel said. He had outlined the way around the wing, and now he had to do the outlines of the detailed areas inside it.

She smiled. "yeah he would be 32 now. I still haven't told anyone how he died either." She muttered. He mentioned that he had to do the middle now, she knew she just had to relax. That was all, just relax.

Gabriel nodded. "I understand." He didn't press the issue, connecting the line to the scabbing area where he had started. "I'm all the way around now, if you want to take a break before doing the detail. Having something to drink or eat might be a good idea, I think we've got some snacks in the staff room." He smiled, turning off the tattoo machine, and wiping the blood from her back.

She smiled and waited for him to stop wiping the blood from her back. "Yeah i'm starving." Before she stood up she asked. "What am i supposed to do about the top of my dress.

Gabriel opened a cuboard, pulling out some glad wrap. "I'll cover your back with this, so you can do your top back up, but you'll have to be careful not to move around too much, or wear it too tight." He explained, tearing off a large section of glad wrap. "Do you want to have a look first? It's pretty messy because of the bleeding, but you can see where I've done." He smiled.

"no, I can wait." She said with a smile. "But can you help me with the wrap?" She asked nervously.

Gabriel nodded, spreading the transparent glad wrap over her back. "This is gonna feel gross, because new tattoos don't just bleed, they also ooze ink. That's normal, so don't worry about it. The body rejects some of the ink, and retains the rest. It's gonna ooze for a while, and feel really horrible, but once the oozing stops it should scab, and just feel like a really really bad graze." He stuck the glad wrap down with medical tape around the edges, then smiled. "Does it feel okay?"

She nodded. "Yeah it does, but it feels a bit weird." She smiled and pulled her dress up, loosening the straps on the shoulders a bit. "So anyways." She said, not knowing what to say.

He nodded. "It's sure to. Try to avoid moving your back, so the scabs can form as well as they can." When she was dressed, he smiled. "Want to head to the staff room now? There's food and water there, which is probably a good idea, because you've lost blood. I'm guessing a little sugar wouldn't go astray, either." He smiled, removing and throwing away his gloves, and opening the door, gesturing down the hall to a third room, which had a different style of door covered in stickers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back