Back to work

She laughed as he told his story. "Oh god i would have died right then." she said with the goofiest grin on her face. "That would make me want to quit... unless he was cute... then it would just make me embarrassed."

she walked over and looked at the drawings he had done. they were truly amazing, and she could hardly believe they had been drawn. he then started to mix the colors, he demonstrated the color. She loved it. "That looks perfect."

Gabriel laughed. "Well he was sort of cute. But I still just about died." He laughed. "I'm surprised the tattoo didn't turn out hideous, I was so surprised." He grinned.

Gabriel smiled. "Cool. If you wanna work out a way of lying down on your front, I'll do a drawing on your back and you can see if the placement and scale are what you wanted." He smiled. "Also, make sure you're comfortable, because you'll probably be there for a couple of hours."

"Well then that's okay. But if someone who was like, ew walked in, i would have screamed and ran away." She nodded. She looked over at the chair and sat as best as she could. She then slipped the front of her dress down to her waist and lay down on her stomach in the most comfortable position she could manage. "I'm so excited, even though it's only a sketch."

He nodded. "Fair enough. I probably would have too." He grinned. "Then, anyway. It's amazing how quickly you get used to it, and it just becomes part of work. It's surprising how many people want tattoos in really weird places, but you've just gotta deal with it."

Gabriel looked away politely while Sarah got changed, then turned back around when she spoke. "I know what you mean. It's always exciting." He smiled, getting out a black felt tip. "I'm just gonna draw the design on you, and you can change anything you want to." He smiled, putting pen to skin and beginning to draw.

She smiled as he spoke, and tried not to laugh as the pen tickled her back. She smiled and breathed steadily, trying not to mess up his brush strokes.

Gabriel smiled. "Yeah, just try not to move. It doesn't matter too much if these are screwed up, but it's best if they're not." He drew all of the design in on Sarah's back, then smiled. "The mirror's right there." He gestured to a full length mirror spanning the entire back of the door. "Let me know if you want anything changed."

She walked over to the mirror, covering her front side the best she possibly could. She viewed the sketch on her back, and it looked amazing. She was going to love the tattoo, and she knew that in the end, it would look amazing! Seh smiled at him. "I love it." She went back over and sat down again.

Gabriel grinned. "Great." The autoclave beeped and he smiled, washing his hands again. "Okay, this is it. Last chance to back out. Remember, this does hurt, and it IS permanant. You can tell me to stop at any time, but you'll have a half completed tattoo forever." He sanitised and pulled on gloves, taking the needles out of the autoclave and fitting them in the tattoo machine, along with the ink he had prepared. "Ready?"

Sarah smiled and said, "I'm ready, stick me... Wait that came out wrong." She laughed and awaited the sting of the needles. Seh wondered if it would hurt extremely bad, or if it would only sting.

Gabriel laughed slightly, checking the machine a final time and turning it on. "Right, you'll feel a sharp pain, and then it'll sort of fade to a buzzing when your body gets used to it. Just try not to move. Do you want something to bite on?" He got a few handywipes and rolled them up onehanded, offering them to her.

She nodded and took them. She usually didn't bite when she was in pain, but this might be a different type of pain. She waited for the sting, readying herself for almost anyhting. She knew that once it started, she would need to distract herself, so she started naming colors.

Gabriel did a final check of the machine, then put one gloved hand on Sarah's back to steady her, and put the machine to her skin with the other, starting the needles up. He was using a five needle liner, to make the outlines decently wide, but even. At first, it would really hurt, but after awhile, Sarah's natural endorphins would kick in to dull the pain.

Sarah kept naming of the colors, trying to ignore the pain. her voice came out with pain every few words, she knew it would get better though. "Purple, blue, green, yellow." She thought for a second as he kept on working.

"Just let me know if you want me to stop. It should ease off soon." He wiped the blood off the section he had done, and continued working on the outlines.

Her breathing steadied even more and she began to relax. He was right, the pain had stopped being intense, just a little pinching feeling. But she knew it would start hurting more when he got around the middle part, which wouldn't happen for a long time, maybe not even today. She smiled and said. "I ran out of colors." She had thought through the list again, and couldn't think of anymore.

He laughed. "When I get mine I usually try to rattle off the names of everyone I know. It takes awhile, and you have to think about it, so it takes your mind off it." He wiped the blood again with the handywipe, continuing along the outline. "Is it feeling better now?"

She smiled. "i don't really know many people." She smiled, looks like she didn't need the cloths, most of the pain was gone. "Yeah, but it'll hurt again soon, i have a sore spot on my back, but don't worry 'bout it." She said with a smile. Now she was thinking of bands, and that got 'Cartoon Heroes' by Aqua stuck in her head.

He nodded. "Fair enough. Where is the sore spot? I'll let you know when I'm getting close." He continued slowly upward. He had started just above her left hip, and was now working slowly up near her side, making sure to carefully follow the outline, and wipe away any large pools of blood that formed. "You're doing really well for a first tattoo, some people scream. It's a difficult area too, because going over bones always hurts more." He chuckled. "My nape tattoo was the worst, it hurt so much!"

It's near my shoulder blade, on the inside." she smiled towards the chair. "I have an extremely high pain tolerance. I've been shot twice, and stepped on by animals and people. Bot to mention a number of hexes." She said. "It was all an accident though. i was just in the middle of it all." Seh said with a soft laugh, careful not to move her body any.

Gabriel nodded, making a mental note of the sore spot. Then he blinked at what she said next. "Shot? As in with a gun? What happened?"

"It was a hunting accident. It happened over the summer, i was like 14 or 15." She said starting a story she ahdn't told in a long time. "We were somewhere, not sure where. But yeah, apparently Angelo, that's my brother, and his friend were on seperate parts of the forest when it happened. Angelo's friend shot and it hit me. That was the first time. The other time was when i was in a hostage situation." she said.

Gabriel nodded, listening to her hunting story. "Yikes. That sucks. I heard awhile back about a guy who got drunk at a costume party dressed as a deer, and staggered into the woods and got shot by mistake. Uncool."

He blinked at the second thing she mentioned, though his hands never slipped, continuing slowly up her side. "A hostage situation? That's crazy!"

She said, "i agree." since she couldn't move her head to nod at him. "That would really, really suck." She said, biting her lip. He mentioned something about the hostage situation. "the only reason i didn't get shot bad was because my brother protected me." Seh smiled thinking of her brother. "what about you, anything like that happen to you?"

"That's insane. What was it... were you in a bank that got held up or something?" He asked, then added "Okay, I'm getting near your shoulderblade. Just to warn you."

"Not really. I pretty much had a boring life." He smiled. "Went to school, hated it, drew lots, started drawing on people, wound up here." Gabriel laughed.

She smiled and answered his question. "no, someone tried to rob our home. My sister was at a friends house, she was freaking out when she heard. The guy attacked me and my brother knocked the gun up, the bullet barely hit my arm." She said. She was prepared for the pain that was coming.

"Really, that is kinda boring, but it'll get better!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back