A Brotherhood-Sized Bet

Kailey started laughing again as Professor Weiss showed up proclaiming that she wished she had had a camera. Oh I do too! she thought finding this whole thing to be extremely amusing and it seemed that she was definitely not the only one to think so.

Zoe couldn't help but keep that grin on her face, as Professor Weiss came over as well. Zoe couldn't possibly imagine how mortified the professor was at that moment. He was probably going to wipe them all of their memories, and this is one she was sure they'd all want to keep!

Hilary was having a lot more fun watching this part of the day than the beginning. When the professors started laughing along as well Hilary smiled once again. When Rhyspa said that it was her turn for a kiss Hilary didn't let it phase her. Although she still almost wished it was her, she convinced herself that it didn't mean anything. The only sign that it might have meant anything more to her was that she let go of Nic's hands completely still not too sure what to think of the exchange between him and Kat earlier.

Belle turned to Nicolas and spoke. "Whatever I thought I saw? Oh, honey, you know no one will ever forget that sight." She was still having a hard time speaking, through the laughter she just could not control.

"Well, I do have a black one left, but he kind of leaks stuffing out of a little hole in his back side. So, if you'd prefer to wait...I can certainly bring one back for you in the fall..." Bruin said, holding up his last remaining bunny for Professor King to look at. After a moments consideration, he took the bunny and Bruin replied simply. "You're very welcome, it was well earned."

lop-ear-bunny-34016L.jpg

Based upon the laughter in the group and Professor King accepting his offering, it appeared that Bruin might just escape punishment afterall. However, lost in all of this were the Durmstrang boys who had gone remarkably quiet and Bruin began looking around for them. Bruin had a rather large surprise waiting for them, but couldn't reveal it in front of the professors for fear of it all being ruined. Bruin slipped away from the others and pulled out his wand, quickly shrinking the Kissing Booth down to its original size and tucking it back in his purse.

Patricia exited the greenhouses after asking Professor Styx a question before their exam the next day. As she made her way up the grounds she heard a lot of commotion and laughter. As she made her way up to the top of the hill she saw what was happening. Sitting down, far enough away so no one could see her, Patricia watched the whole thing unfold.

After a few minutes Patricia had tears in her eyes with laughter with all the girls kissing the big Gryffindor boy in a dress, which reminded her of the one she wore at the Yule Ball. After she saw the buzzer above the booth show that the boy had gotten his five kisses Patricia clapped, not knowing the full reason why though.

As Patricia was about to get up she saw Professor King coming down, she immediately wanted to go away in case he was angry but she then heard what he said. So packing up her stuff she ran up to the castle, still able to hear the commotion. As she made her way up to the castle she saw Professor Weiss and was glad to be out of there, not overly sure how the whole thing had turned out.

"People can be helped to forget things, Professor Weiss." Nicolas pointed out with a wink as he turned back to Bruin and the rabbit he was holding out. He couldn't help but have a chuckle at the site of it. Nicolas still wasn't sure if he'd be returning to teach in the next year, however, so he decided it best to take the rabbit he was being offered.
Picking it up he smiled and looked it over, "This one will do quite nicely, thank you."

Kalif walked into the lawn, after seeing a crowd, though unclear of what was going on. He noticed a boy in a yellow dress. Kalif approached the professors, seeing a lot of students howling with laughter. Kalif grew suspicious of what was going on.

Kalif saw Professor King holding a stuff bunny, and then glanced over the booth. He naturally assumed what was going on, but he was going to get all the information from his son unless he got it here. Kalif folded his arms across his chest. "What is a boy doing in a dress?" His face was nonetheless, cold. However, there was mock in his eyes. He actually felt glad that he had come this year.

Nicolas turned to face Kalif as he spoke. "Well, Professor Styx, I think I quite have this situation under control and if I don't Professor Weiss is here to help me." Nicolas stated with a nod toward Belladonna, though she was still undoubtedly laughing, "As to why Bruin is in a dress, unless he feels the need to tell you himself, only his head of house should really be concerned."

Belle laughed at Nicolas' comment. "Yeah? Well, only you would go that far." She noticed that Bruin was starting to pack it up, and people were disbursing. "I think things look pretty well in control here. I am gonna head to the gardens. Holler if you need any crowd control assistance." With a smile for her fellow professor, she headed off, shaking her head and still trying to control her giggles.

The smile wiped itself off of Zoe's face as Professor Styx joined them. There was something about that man that was off, and she didn't like it. Everytime she saw him, he seemed so crabby. She was surprised that he could be related to Jaken, which she assumed since they shared the same surname. "So, Bruin, something about a bet?" She said, though it was more than a question than a statement.

Kalif gave Professor King a friendly smile, although fake of course, "Students were gathered around and curiosity naturally overwhelmed me. I do believe you have it under control, seeing that they are leaving now." He narrowed his eyes at the other professor and watched her head off. "I won't ask what she meant either. Interesting situation, though." Kalif watched his son leave the area, and shook his head. He wondered how he will sleep tonight, with the image of an almost grown boy in a dress.

Kat didn't know what of everything that had just happened right before her very eyes, but it looked like Bruin was being let of the hook. That in itself made today just that much better. Her ears perked when she heard Zoe bring up the thing about the bet so Kat walked over to stand next to Bruin. She nudged him just a bit and said, "Yeah Bru, what do you have planned for these two toads? Something good I hope!" She gave both Dom, but mostly Nic, the 'If Looks Could Kill, You'd Be Dead' glare...a smirk plastered to her face.

With the arrival to Professor Styx the smile slid completely off of Kaileys face. She didn't like Professor Styx at all. He had done nothing to her personally it just seemed that something was off about him. Something that always ruined Kaileys mood causing her to dread Herbology class. She hoped Professor Styx would leave the area soon.

Professor King, before this moment, had no reason to dislike, distrust, or be suspicious of Professor Styx. However his mannerisms set something off within Nicolas. Nicolas hadn't been kind to him at all, nor had he been friendly. He'd barely even been civil and yet the man still smiled at him. That aroused a great deal of suspicion on it's own, then a serious of other 'factors' which surely only made sense to Professor King led him to the conclusion that perhaps he should be keeping a closer eye on this man.

Nicolas turned to the group of students and then back to Professor Styx. Seeing no more reason to be present, he turned toward the lake and started to walk toward it.

Kalif watched Professor King turn his back on him. Kalif immediately regained his cold, dark face. It was tempted just to take him out then, however, it was broad daylight with students still around. Kalif knew that his guard would need to be up more often now. Kalif decided to stick around, although not anywhere close to the students. Once everyone left, and there was no trouble, then Kalif would simply leave.

((OOC: Sorry for my absence throughout this, I had a phone call that I had to take. Also, Nicolae has PM'd me saying that he has gone to bed for the evening, but will be back on tomorrow to post here.))

Defeat. It was the worst possible blow that Dominik could have thought possible. He and Nic had been beat by some punk in a dress. How in the hell was that possible? He looked at his friend, unable to read the expression on his face. When another girl and Katalina brought up the bet he just hung his head, but then caught a glimpse of the look that was on Kat's face. "You really are one cold hearted little witch." he spat back with a smirk tight across his lips.

Hilary saw the three professors disperse as well as a bit of the crowd. She found this as good of a time as ever to figure out for herself what the heck was going on with the people around her. Still staying where she was beside Nic she looked over to where Kat was talking to Bruin. She seemed like she was trying to cause Nic jealousy or something what with her kiss and her comment after it. Does this mean that the guy I swore to my friend I'd help revenge against is the same person as the guy I have been kissing? Hilary was rather confused about what was going on but it was starting to make sense to her. Then Kat glared over at them and she was sure she had made the right assumption, which was solidified by Nic's friends comment. Hilary would have to wait for the right moment to arrive before using her leverage. For now she put on her best 'Why is she being so mean' look of sympathy and looked up at Nic.

Yvan had been wandering around, taking a walk near the lakeside when he heard a commotion from the lawn. Picking up his pace, he speed-walked over to where a gathering of people around what appeared to be a booth. When he spotted Kat, the only person of the crowd who he had clear view of at the moment, he approached her. "Hey what's going on here?" he asked her, just as he looked around and spotted the two people who he certainly did not want to see. "What the hell are they doing here?" he spat.

Kat was just about to make a retort when she heard a somewhat familiar voice. "Yvan!" she said slightly shocked as she hadn't seen the boy in months...not since the night of disaster. She replied to him with an evil grin on her face saying, "They are about to get their payback!" Kat looked at Nic and Dom, a disgusted look on her face and practically growled at the two of them, "Karma is a b1tch! Just remember that next time you decide to screw with someone!"

Zoe was just about to leave, when she heard Katalina swear, which caught her totally off guard. She turned to Katalina, then said, "Kat, you should probably wait a few more minutes, until the professor's are completely out of sight before swearing any louder." She gave her a wink, though she had no idea what was going on. She went on her tippie-toes, to see how far out the professor's had gone, and they were out of sight. She gave a sigh of relief that nobody would be getting into any trouble.

Jaken walked back out onto the lawn, and noticed Zoe immediately. He heard one girl shout, and he recognized a boy from Durmstrang. He heard was Zoe said, and he approached her. He shook his head, "Not all professor's left. Professor Styx, or my dad, is still lurking around. Just a friendly warning. If need be, if there is something going on, I might be the only one who can keep my dad away." He smiled at the group. Jaken turned his head in another direction, trying to feel whether his father was close by. This was something he picked up on recently.

Zoe turned to Jaken, then said, "As long as nobody gets in trouble. No offense, but there's something off about him. He seems to be the type that would love to get anyone in trouble." She then walked towards Katalina, and quietly said, "What's the matter? I've never seen you act like this before." Though she hadn't seen Katalina much, she had never expected her to react like this at all. Those Durmstrang boys seemed harmless enough, and the fact that they were good looking didn't hurt either.

[Let me edit. I seem to have missed a few posts lol.]

Yvan took in what the newcomers said, and nodded positively, even as he felt waves of hatred flowing from himself toward Dom and Nic. Ripping his attention away from them, he turned to face the boy and the girl who seemed to know Katalina. "You are right," he said to the girl. "It is best if the professors aren't around to witness this... I'm Yvan Petrov." He nodded at the pair briefly before turning to scan the area.

Kat vaguely listened to what the boy was saying about his father, but if it helped keep them out of trouble then she would go along with what he said to do. She looked at Zoe, who seemed to have a look of astonishment on her face. Kat realized that her actions were probably very shocking to those who didn't know her very well...actually as of about ten minutes ago her actions were probably very shocking to those who actually did know her well. She replied in a hushed tone, "I promise that I'll explain everything later and I swear this isn't normal behavior for me. Those two just don't sit well with me at all, but like I said...I'll explain it to you later." And she would, but right now wasn't the time or place for it. They had bigger fish to fry at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back