A Brotherhood-Sized Bet

Bruin Dumbledez

Wand
Ebony Wand 15" - Dragon's Heartstring Core
Bruin had spent a better part of the past twenty four hours planning out each detail of the next 20 minutes or so. He checked his watch, it was five minutes before noon and he was out for a stroll on the lawn on a beautiful June day. The pressure of OWL exams was now over, but Bruin did not look relaxed. In fact, he didn't look like himself at all...partially from the nauseated look on his face and partially due to the clothing that he was wearing on this early summer day.

sundress_2.jpg

Bruin had lost a game of pool at the Brotherhood's Clubhouse the previous day and the stakes had been rather high. Fulfilling his part of the deal had been to parade around in girl's clothing in full view of the entire student body. Bruin looked around and noticed a few people turning their heads to take a look at the six foot Gryffindor Prefect and Quidditch Captain sauntering through the grass looking completely ridiculous. Bruin wondered when Nic and Dom would arrive to see how Phase Two of their bet would play out.

Nic headed down to the lawn, wondering just what Bruin had found to wear. He met up with Dom on the ship and walked with him. "I am ready to see this," he commented. "I wonder if the Ice Queen and her Court will be showing their faces on the lawn today. Hopefully not. They may not take to well to Bruin kissing and walking away from a bunch of girls because of us."

When he arrived on the lawn, he looked around, then stopped and started to laugh. Nic elbowed Dom in the ribs, pointing at a tall boy in a yellow dress. "I believe we have our man!" He walked quickly over to Bruin, and whistled. "Hey sexy, how's it going?" he said with a chuckle. "Got your eye on your first victim?"

It was nearing noon and today was the day that the boy that Nic and Dom had met was going to make a complete fool of himself. Laughing at the thought of what he would find he headed to the intended meeting place with his friend. Upon arrival there a loud bout of laughter errupted from Dominik. He walked over to where Bruin was standing and wolf-whistled and then said, "Oh yeah, that's one hot dress you found there." He looked Bruin up and down and then looked around at the people who were staring at the three of them together.

Bruin's cheeks burned a little and part of him wanted to drill each of the other guys right in the chops. However, a deal was a deal and Bruin would have to now back up his brave words with actions. "Thanks Dom...I like it." He said sarcastically before turning to Nic.

"Nic, Nic, Nic..." He said pityingly. "There are only two victims here today...and I believe I'm looking at them."

A broad smile emerged on Bruin's face as he checked his watch again and then opened up his purse. He carefully withdrew his wand and a small piece of folded cardboard with a cut-out and some fine printing on it near the top. "Looks like I'm about to be open for business!" He exclaimed as he bent over and placed the cardboard on the ground before him.

Bruin flurished his wand and pointed it at the cardboard, stating Engorgio! clearly and watching the cardboard double in size. He repeated the spell a couple of more times until he stood behind a makeshift booth. The banner across the top had a simple message.
Bruin's Kissing Booth ~ Every Customer receives a Free Bunny!

Now Serving ~ Number One

"So, what do you think gentlemen?" He said with a smirk. "Care to be the first customers?" Bruin said as he puckered up.

Nic laughed loudly as he read the sign before him. "A bunny? Really? No one is going to want to kiss you just to get a bunny." He looked around, and noticed that there were a number of people watching them and chuckling.

When Bruin offered for him to be one of the first, he looked a bit shocked, then laughed. "Sorry man, I don't go for anything in a skirt. There are some girls around here that think that, but that is not the way I roll. I do actually have some standards, and buddy, you are NOT IT." He laughed again, then wondered exactly who was going to be kissing this boy in a dress.

"This is quite the set up you've got here. What's with all the bells and whistles? Do you really need that much advertisement and bribery to get these girls to kiss you? The ones we met were a bit easy." Dom said with a smirk on his face, in disbelief of the scene in front of him.

Hilary had just finished writing her Care of Magical Creatures exam when she heard a bit of commotion up on the lawns. Being in a bit of a nosy mood she walked over to see...... Bruin in a dress!!! She took a double take not too sure if her eyes were playing tricks on her. She saw Nic and what she assumed to be his friend standing with him and so out of curiosity she walked over. "Hey Nic, what's going on?" she asked the Durm boy glancing over slightly strangely at her Quidditch captain in his makeshift booth.

Kailey was walking around the castle quite quickly, she had alot of pent up energy that seemed to come from nowhere and she just couldn't sit still. She finally got bored of the castle and decided to take advantage of the summer weather by walking around outside. She probably wouldnt have even noticed the kissing booth as she passed had it not been at that moment that her bag decided to slide off of her shoulder and down to the ground.

She bent down and picked it up slinging it back over her shoulder and was about to sart walking again when the booth caught her attention. She looked at the booth, looked at the two guys standing near the booth, and then at Bruin who was wearing a bright yellow dress with a matching purse and pair of shoes. She raised an eyebrow and observed the scene once more before saying "Erm... What the hell?"

Bruin smiled at the brave words thrown at him by Dom and Dumber as Bruin liked to refer to the Durmstrang boys. "Don't worry Nic. I wouldn't lower myself to your standards anyway. I hear you aren't much of a kisser anyways!"

"Oh, I almost forgot..." He stated with a Cheshire Cat-style grin and reached into his purse to withdraw some Cherry flavoured lip balm and a pack of fresh mint Tic-Tac's. "Wouldn't want to offend any of my first customers, now would I? You two know how powerful word of mouth can be at establishing a good reputation afterall? Or perhaps you're still learning that lesson, aren't you?"

Bruin then picked up his wand again and placed it to his throat and stated Sonorus!. His amplified voice prepared to ring out across the school grounds.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, but preferably Ladies...may I please have your attention! Thank you! Bruin's Kissing Booth is now open for business and will be serving on a first come, first served basis. However, do not delay as we will only be open for the next fifteen minutes!"

Bruin placed his wand to his throat and ended the Sonorus! charm. He needed to kiss five girls in the next fifteen minutes to win his secondary bet with the Dumb-strang boys or all of his planning would be for naught. "If you build it, they will come!" He muttered to himself, heartened that some people were already showing an interest in the display.

Kat and Lily were walking and talking after exams had been finished. She was glad to finally get to chat with her friend as she hadn't done so in quite a while. They had been talking about how things were going with Lily and Blake and how things had been over the last term. As they approached the lawn they saw a small gathering of students, two of which were the foulest creatures on earth. Kat almost turned and walked off the other way and then she saw someone in a yellow dress. It was Bruin. She knew that Dom and Nic had something to do with this, but she didn't know what it was all about. Not going to let them do this to someone who was so close to her she gave Lily and apologetic look and darted full speed over to the group. "What in the bloody hell have you two done to him? Don't make me curse you both because I swear to Merlin I will!" she said, absolutely infuriated. This was her breaking point and they had gone too far.

Kat then heard Bruin's announcement and she couldn't help but let a smile creep up on her face. This was it. This was what she'd been waiting for all year...or at least she hoped it was. Was this Bruin's way of helping her out? Because if it was, she owed him big time.

Kailey heard him even without the snorus charm and let out a sputter looking shocked. "and I repeat...WHAT THE HELL?" she asked as she knew this wasn't typical Bruin behaivor. It was at about that time that she saw Kat storm over to the two who she assumed to be durmstrang boys and start threatening them. IT was then that Kailey figured that these two oys probably had something to do with it, but Kailey wondered just what all was exactly going on.

Nic was watching the scene before him with amusement. Then Hilary approached and he smiled down at her. Pulling her close, he kissed her on the lips, then spoke. "Hey gorgeous! Brutus over there is just trying to win a bet he made with us. Turns out, he doesn't like to lose too much." Placing his arm around her waist, he commented back to Bruin. "Not much of a kisser? Why don't you ask Hilary here. She might differ on that opinion buddy."

Before he knew what was happening, Nic was being confronted by Katalina. The Ice Princess herself. She had her panties in a twist like normal. "I didn't do this to him, I am just sitting back and enjoying the show."

Estrella had quite been enjoying her break from OWLs when she noticed a commotion on the lawn. Narrowing her eyes, she figured that as prefect it was her duty to investigate. Her eyes widened in shock as she recognized Bruin Dumbledez, captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch team, esteemed prefect and top points earner for how many years in a row, in a yellow dress. She could not stifle a snort as she met up with the rest of the crowd, looking on in pure amusement. She figured that the poor boy would not ever hear the end of this. Not if she had something to say about it.

Content to sit back and watch the show, she crossed her arms over to chest, wondering if anyone would take him up on his bet.

Jaken walked out of the Herbology greenhouses after a normal talk with his dad. Jaken made his way across the lawn. Of course, seeing how he had no lessons today, he didn't bother wearing his school attire, but his casual clothing. He immediately heard laughter and a group of people surround some girl in a yellow chest. As Jaken got closer to the scene, he stopped, in horror. It was that fifth year Gryffindor, Bruin, in that dress. Jaken looked disgusted and muttered, "Ew..." He couldn't believe what he was seeing. Although, he started to amuse him. Seeing what it was truly for.

He spotted his girlfriend and approached her with a smile. He then started laughing, curious to who was going to take Bruin up with that booth he set up. He nudged Estrella and teased, "Are you going to take him up for that?" Jaken kept smiling, and stared straight ahead.

Lily was walking along with Kat, and before she knew it, she was laughing. Bruin was standing on the lawn wearing a yellow dress. "What on Earth --" she sputtered before Kat took off to get in some guys face. She followed along behind her friend, noticing that the boys she was yelling at were from Durmstrang. This made sense to her, finally. Must be the creeper that she went to the Yule Ball with.

Shortly, Bruin made his announcement, and she noticed the sign. "Bunnies? I always wanted a bunny. I think Blake would be okay with me getting a bunny," she nodded to herself. "Shall we go and kiss our way to bunnies Kat?" she said, pulling her friends arm and dragging her towards the booth.

Kailey saw Lily start dragging Kat over towards the kissing booth and started laughing. She found this whole thing amusing, confusing, and strangely enough... slightly tempting, even with Bruin donned in his cxurrent attire of a bright yellow dress. Kailey had always thought Bruin was Hot... Aside from her time with Njord when all other guys seemed to kind of fade away. No... Don't think about that right now... she thought

Kiera was absent-mindedly wandering the grounds. She was in lost in thought. Kiera was considering the coming break and what she should do about her mother's newest proposal. It appealed to Kiera's curious nature. She did not even notice the large group of people congregated on the lawn untill she ran smack dab into someone. Kiera was knocked to her back. "Ouch!" she said as she hit the ground.

From her back, Kiera looked up at the large makeshift booth. "Bruin is kissing girls and giving away bunnies?" she asked befuddled. "I want one!" Kiera exclaimed.

Hilary accepted Nic's kiss as normal and returned it. She then turned to face Bruin utterly confused with what was going on and what it meant for her. Yes Nic could kiss, but Hilary wasn't sure if this was the perfect moment to boast that fact. She was about to speak but then the craziness was taken to another level.

Suddenly Bruin made an announcement and people started showing up all over. The one that surprised her the most was Katalina, she came over and got right in Nic's face as if they had history or something. She hadn't talked to her friend much that year but the last time they had she had spoken of...... a jerk Durm boy?? That couldn't be Nic.... Could it? Hilary mind was racing and she didn't know what to do.

When Nic mentioned that he hadn't done anything Hilary wasn't sure if she quite believed him but decided that for now she'd give him the benefit of the doubt. She laid her head on his shoulder with a smile watching as a few of her friends made their way to the booth... almost wishing that it was her.

Kat's jaw dropped when she realized that Nic had added Hilary to his list of conquests. That was it. She'd had enough. "You jackass!" Kat yelled in his face, wanting to slap him. Lily luckily pulled her away before she had a chance to do something stupid. Plucking up all she had in her, and not knowing where this brazen streak was coming from she walked over to Bruin, wrapped her arm around his neck and whispered in his ear with a smirk on her face, "Make this look good!" With that being said Kat pressed her lips firmly to Bruin's, kissing him like it was the last one she'd ever get. After a moment she pulled away and looked at Bruin and then winked at him. She turned and looked at Nic and said loudly enough for everyone to hear, "That was the best kiss I've ever had! Hell of alot better than anything this one here ever could provide!"

Bruin was starting to feel a little nervous. A great deal of people had now gathered, but they all appeared more interested in laughing at him or arguing with the Durmstrang Duo then actually making use of the booth. The deal he had made required him to get five girls to kiss him in the fifteen minutes wearing a dress. If he did, he had a rather interesting surprise in store for Nic and Dom. The problem was that he didn't feel that it was particularly sporting for him to simply tell the assembled girls why they should kiss him...they'd just have to make that decision for themselves.

After a few anxious moments when he thought that all was lost, a brave few began to move forward. He knew this must be incredibly weird for them, but he trusted that he wasn't that hideous or repulsive that he might just be able to pull this off.

Suddenly, Kat came rushing up to him, leaned in and whispered into his ear. Not exactly sure of what he was doing, he simply enjoyed the moment...

When Kat pulled away, she gave him a little wink and Bruin attempted to capture his breath, a sheepish grin spread across his face as the sign above him made a strange dinging sound and now read.

Now Serving ~ Number Two

"Hey Kat! Thanks...why don't you go and grab yourself a bunny! I've put that special Charm on them, of course." He said with a laugh as he pointed off to some nearby bushes.

bunnies.jpg

Lily stood and watched Kat stomp up to Bruin and plant one on him. She had no idea where her friend was getting this from, but she was impressed. She slowly walked over to where they were standing and laughed. "You go girl! Get your revenge!" She then decided that this must be some kind of a set up for Bruin, so she walked up and opted to be another of his "kissing booth" customers.

"I want a bunny," she said with as straight a face as she could, staring Bruin in the face.

When Kat screamed in Nic's face Hilary had to dodge to stop it from being right in her ear. She saw Lily pull her away and then watched her go over to the booth. As she kissed Bruin Hilary had huge mixed feelings: Part of her wanted to go plant one on him herself, but part of her wanted to kiss Nic again, but she had no idea where that was coming from.

Then Kat looked over and called out that her kiss had been a lot better than anything Nic could do, and that almost made it obvious that he had been the Durm boy. Partly out of fear she did the exact opposite of what she probably should have, she held onto Nic a little harder, unsure of what else she should do.

Kiera stood up and dusted herself off. Her jaw dropped as she watched Kat and Lily kiss Bruin. This was like a dream come true! Bruin was absolutely adorable. Kiera walked up and got in line behind Lily. The bunny was just a bonus to kissing Bruin! Kiera waited for Lily to kiss him so she could have her turn.

Kailey saw that girls were lining up to kiss Bruin and decided that it was now or never. So she quickly made her way to the line behind Keira. The bunny was only a bonus as Bruin was in Kaileys opinon extremely hot. She was going to make this kiss well worth it as she would probably neevr get to do it again... The only problem at the moment was that there were two people infront of her.

Estrella looked to Jaken with a smirk, enjoying this little show quite immensely. "You know what? I'm going to go get one of those bunnies," she told him. Without another word she moved into the line behind Kailey, unable to stop sniggering. She wondered what the reason for all of this kissing was. She wondered if the stuffed bunnies were like that badger he had charmed for Rhyspa. She looked to the Durmstrang boys, and wondered why they didn't have a kissing booth. They were both pretty good looking, if she could say so herself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back