A Brotherhood-Sized Bet

Jaken sighed, wishing that his family's lives weren't in on the whole secrecy of his father being a Death Eater here at the school. He answered to Zoe, "He actually hates trouble, and hates to be involved. He punished me when I was one of the worst trouble makers in Durmstrang. Let's say, he is a very 'off' person." He turned his gaze to Yvan, "Yvan, I know who you are. I was the one who loved to torture Katerina, if she hasn't told you." Jaken narrowed his eyes, feeling the area. "I'll go check whether he is close by, and if he is, I'll return to warn you all." Jaken then rushed off.

Zoe turned to the Durmstrang boy who had just arrived, Yvan. "Zoe-Hope Weasley. It's best if we're all quiet, even if there are arguments." She said in a serious tone. She took out her wand, then turned back to Kat. "Safe to say these will be needed?" She asked with a malicious grin on her face. She absolutely loved using her magic, defensive or offensive. She always felt restricted in the classroom, and if she could help anyone in any way she could, she most likely would.

((We should probably better wait for Bruin, Nic, and Dom to post again before we post anything else. That way they won't have to sort through too much that's been going on. Just a suggestion though.))

Bruin had finished packing up his items and watched the exchange between the professors with interest, glad to see that Professor King had effectively told the late arrival to shove off. Bruin had never met the man and didn't care to have his first introduction to him be while he was wearing a dress. The mood of the group seemed to change though as the animosity appeared to grow and Bruin wondered how he might diffuse the situation before someone got in trouble, or worse. It was becoming evident that more people than he thought appeared to have a bone to pick with the Durmstrang boys.

Bruin turned to Zoe and Kat, who both appeared to be itching for a fight, and spoke softly and reassuringly hoping that he could get them to calm down a bit. "Whoa, whoa, whoa...I don't think that there is any need for wands. Let me talk with Nic and Dom first to see if they're prepared to honour their end of our little side bet first, okay?" He said, practically pleading with them to settle down a little, before stepping towards the Durmstrang boys with a smug look on his face. "So, are you ready to meet Sue?" He asked quietly, trying not to antagonize them any more than necessary.

Bruin had left the purse open and knew where his wand was, but certainly hoped that he wouldn't need it. Of course, he didn't know how upset the two boys might be with him. He wondered if they might think that he had broken some bizarre type of male bond by setting them up like this. Whatever the case, Bruin felt that he had the high ground at the moment and would wait and see how they responded before deciding how to proceed.

Hilary stayed very aware but silent for the time being as she stood by Nic's side. When another boy she had not met walked over with seeming dislike to Nic and his friend it only solidified what Hilary already thought. How does one make this many enemies in only a year Hilary thought to herself. Being the 'nice girl' Hilary probably hadn't made this many enemies in most of her life, though at the moment she looked as though she was on the team with the disadvantage.

Kat screamed at Nic again and Hilary started shaking slightly with fear. She wasn't used much to fights but the other side seemed to be preparing themselves for a battle. Hilary knew only slightly what had happened between Kat and 'a Durm boy' who was pretty obviously Nic. She kept her attention as Yvan introduced himself just loud enough for Hilary to hear. Okay so he's the good Durm boy Hilary solidified in her mind trying to keep everyone's problem with everyone straight in her mind before World War Three broke out.

Then Bruin took a step towards them and Hilary was rather confused about what it was he was doing. When he asked about Sue Hilary thought: What!? Your giving this guy another girl? Isn't that what we're trying to stop? Something about the situation convinced Hilary that this would be okay, and so for the time being she put on a half scared, half confused look and looked from Nic to Bruin and back again.

Nina was laying in her tent when she heard people swearing and laughing. Nina quickly grabbed her wand and walked out to see a boy in a dress, she knew him to be the Top Points Earner for almost every year. She had checked out the Trophies a little while ago.

As Nina got close she spotted Hilary, Yvan, Estrella and Katalina. Nina smiled at Hilary and Yvan but brought her attention to the scene and said, "What is going on here?" Nina looked at Bruin and then the Durmstrang boy she had heard quite a bit about, Nic or something.

Rhyspa just stood there, listening to the on going argument that involved her. She was still very angry with Dominik for leading her on. "Bruin's right. Wand's aren't necessary. Getting kicked out of school isn't worth it."

Soon, Bruin said something about a 'Sue' and Rhyspa looked to Kat, befuddled.

Kat looked at Zoe after hearing Bruin and Rhyspa. "They're right. You won't need that. Yet, anyways!" she said as she watched Bruin walk over to Dom and Nic, asking if they were ready to meet 'Sue'. Kat caught the look that Rhyspa gave her and returned one of her own, because she had no idea who this Sue person was.

Zoe grinned. Everyone was taking things seriously, so she put her wand away. She heard Bruin say something about a 'Sue', and was completely confused. Turning to Nina, who had just joined them, Zoe didn't say anything.

Dominik glared at the small group that had gathered there to watch them serve their 'punishment' of sorts. The fiesty red head caught his attention though and he smiled his killer smile and said to her, "Hey cutie, how about after this is over we can go somewhere and I'll show you a little magic."

Kaileys ears perked up at the mention of the Durmstrang boys meeting someone named 'Sue' What's going to happen here? she wondered as she looked back from Bruin to the durmstrang boys, Then to Zoe Hope when The dark haired one hit on her. This should be interesting she thought deciding to stick around and see what would happen, she just wished she had some popcorn to go with this.

Bruin wasn't too sure what to expect from the Durmstrang pair, but it certainly wasn't to have Dom start making a rude suggestion to Zoe. Bruin had kind of figured that Nic was the bigger problem and that Dom had simply gone along with things. Apparently, Dom was every bit as big of a pig as Nic was.

Bruin shook his head at Dom. "I don't think anyone is going to want to go anywhere with you when you're done here." Bruin then brought his fingers to his lips and gave a loud whistle, perhaps to signal someone?

Nic had been watching silently, a knot in his stomach forming as each girl moved up to kiss Bruin. Damn that boy has a lot of friends, or there are a lot of girls that have been dying to kiss him and he just has no game. Hmm. I tend to bet its the latter. he thought as he waited to see if he would reach the total. In record time, Bruin had completed the mission at hand. And he just about died when he went so far as to kiss a Professor. Nic tensed a bit as the other two professors wandered in and out, but did not stick around.

Bruin approached them asking if they were willing to meet this Sue person. Nic looked over at Dom, then decided to respond. "Well, as long as my girl here doesn't mind." Dom was too busy trying to hit on a pretty redhead that he really wasn't paying attention to him. Nic squeezed his arm around Hilary's shoulders a bit more, and Bruin whistled for someone to come.

Zoe had to stop herself from bursting out in laughter. Instead, she let a malicious grin spread across her face, allowing one of the dirtiest looks go upon her face. From the way Katalina was reacting to these two boys, she could tell they were bad news. She walked to the Durmstrang boy, who she didn't even know. Leaning in close to him, she twirled his hair with her fingers, and whispered in his ear, "Not a chance." Then walked back next to Katalina, and gave him a wink.

Hilary was quite a bit shocked that instead of answering Bruin, Nic's friend tried to pick up Zoe. When she saw her walk over to him she gave a bit of a look as to say don't make the same mistake I did, but then heard what she said and it was a bit of a you go girl, moment. This seemed like just a game to Dom But really.... that might have just been what I was Hilary thought to herself. When Bruin spoke Hilary was even more certain that these had been the boys Kat had spoken about, but she didn't know what to do about it. When Nic spoke she simply stood trying not to look shocked fearing it would be misinterpreted. Instead she smiled a little and shook her head, hearing Bruin's whistle and feeling Nic's arm tighten around her waist.

Groundskeeper Willie had been waiting patiently for a few minutes on a pathway not far from the main part of the lawn. The young Gryffindor boy had offered him 20 galleons and and 10 hours worth of hard labour to bring Sue down to the lawn around 12:15 and Willie had been only to happy to oblige. He had grown to like Bruin over the past few years, always bugging him to let him on the Quidditch Pitch and stuff.

It was on one of those first trips to visit Willie at his little farm house on the edge of grounds that Bruin had first met Sue. Willie could still recall the look on the boy's face when he first cast eyes of her, she was after all, quite something to behold.

Potbellied%20Pig%20485099.jpg

Willie heard a whistle and promptly trotted Sue out to where Bruin was standing amongst a small crowd of people.

"Ay Bruin. I take it that these are the lads that you wanted Sue here to meet?" He said with a crooked grin.

When the Groundskeeper came up with a pig and said this was the Sue everyone was talking about Nina laughed quietly, and muttered to herself, "Well isn't that a horse of a different colour." Nina giggled once more then suddenly blushed realizing she hadn't thought that, she had said it out loud.

Bruin stood and watched as Willie and Sue made their way forward. He was trying not to laugh and still seething a little at how, even in defeat, the two Durmstrang boys could still be acting like such idiots.

"Yeah, these are the other pigs I was talking about." Bruin replied to Willie before looking down at Sue. "Sorry Sue, normally I wouldn't subject you to anything like this. I hope you'll forgive me."

Bruin then turned to Nic and Dom, wondering how they might respond to this rather unexpected turn of events.

When Hilary Groundskeeper Willie she knew that something was up. She had grown fond of him over the many years of Quidditch and such, especially as he always found the funniest ways to tell them to get off the pitch. Then suddenly she saw 'Sue' and her hand went to her mouth. When Bruin spoke calling the Durmstrang boys pigs, she connected the dots. Hilary had lost all doubt that these two Durm boys were THE two Durm boys and starting to feel anger mix with the slight jealousy she had accumulated over the whole kissing scene. She knew that her time coming soon, so for the moment she looked up at Nic trying to wage his reaction. She did not laugh for fear that one she would give away her change in sides and two that she would start screaming if she allowed herself to release emotions.

Rhyspa scowled when Dom used one of his lines to try and pick up Zoe. She was shocked when Zoe tousled his hair and winked at him. But she heard what Zoe had said and grinned. Bruin whistled and someone came into the not so little group. Rhyspa turned around to see Groundskeeper Willie and a pig. Her face broke out into a large grin and she tried to stifle her giggles. She assumed the adorable pig was Sue.

"This seems to be the terms of the bet," Rhyspa grinned as she whispered to Kat.

Kat simply glared at Dominik as he tried to hit on Zoe, wanting desperately to punch him square in the kisser, but she held her tongue and waited for Bruin to surprise them all. She laughed more loudly than necessary when Zoe pretty much burned Dom. Just then Groundskeeper Willie came up with a giant pig. Kat put two and two together and bent over double with laughter. She could hardly catch her breath she was laughing so hard. This was apparently revenge Bruin-style and she couldn't have loved the idea more. She looked at Rhyspa and said quietly, "This is what we've been waiting for!"

"Too bad babe, your loss." Dom said with a smirk to the red haired girl when out of no where a man appeared with big ugly pig. This must have been the 'Sue' that Bruin had been referring to. Definitely not what he'd been expecting and he really wasn't sure how to take it. He looked over to Nic to try and get a read on his expression. This wasn't good for either of their reputations, that was for certain.

Zoe let herself laugh as Hogwarts' Groundskeeper brought out an enormous, black pig. She wondered what sort of bet Bruin had made with the two Durm boys, and was eager to see what was going to happen next.

Nic was shocked when the bald man came out with the nastiest looking pig he had ever seen. He looked over at Dom, wondering just what they had gotten themselves into. When he heard Katalina's reaction, he realized they were set up. She must have spoken to Bruin, and Bruin decided to help her get even. Then a bright idea got into his head. He figured that they were expecting them to freak out over the idea, so he hoped that Dom would follow his lead.

"Ah, so this is the famous Sue! Wonderful! I thought it might be someone way too cute to be hanging around with you, Bruin," he said, trying to keep a straight face. "So, Dom, who gets to kiss this beauty first? You or me?" His eyes had a glint of humor in them, and he was hoping that his friend would follow his lead.

Guaging from Nic's response, they were going suck it up and take it like men. Keeping his poker face on, Dom said non-chalantly, "She is a real prize man. I say you let me do the honors first, afterall I don't want any of your sloppy seconds." When he said that his eyes flashed from Bruin to Katalina, hoping that the guy would get the hint that that was exactly what he had just gotten by kissing the newly crowned Ice Princess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back