A Brotherhood-Sized Bet

Bruin smiled as Lily approached then gave a quick look around to see if Blake was within striking distance. Figuring that he was safe and that he could explain this all to Blake later if need be, he leaned forward and spoke quietly to Lily.

"Of course you do! And thanks..." He said as he closed the remaining distance and gave Lily a short kiss, hoping that he hadn't offended her in any way with his technique.

The sign above them dinged and Bruin looked up to see Kiera's bright smile.

Now Serving ~ Number Three

Jaken laughed as a girl yelled at one of his former classmates, or schoolmates rather. He glanced down at Estrella, and heard her. He looked taken back, shocked. Jaken shrugged, "Go on ahead." And he watched her get in line. He folded his arms across his chest, and watched eagerly. He thought it was quite entertaining. He took another glance at the Durmstrang boys, and shook his head. Boys like that gave his old school a bad name and a bad rep. Although, it's not like I helped it either. I was probably worse than them. Scratch that, I was. He smirked, wondering whether Estrella would go through it.

Lily walked over near Kat and picked up a bunny. She was laughing, realizing that Bruin had kept his kiss really tame with her because he was not wanting to offend his friend -- her boyfriend. Damn. The one chance I will probably ever have of kissing Bruin, and I am dating one of his friends. she thought with a chuckle. Oh, well. I hope he wins whatever it is they have going on here.

Kiera grinned as she walked up to the booth. "Its my turn!" she said happily. She lended forward and waited for her kiss.

Kiera was breathless after kiss. She had always imagined kissing Bruin. "Oh wow." she murmured as she walked away with her free bunny. She stood as she watched the last two girls.

Kailey waited for Kiera to kiss him and then was standing face to face with Bruin about to kiss him for probably the only time. She just hoped that her kiss wasn't as tame as Lilys had been, no matter what the circumstances, she wanted it to be a kiss to remember.

Bruin heard the ding above him to register Kiera's contribution to the cause and noticed that Kailey and Estrella were waiting for him in line. A flood of relief surged through Bruin as he realized despite the absurdity of all this that he had been successful in backing up his words...and more importantly helping Kat to exact a little revenge on Nic.

Bruin could still recall the conversation that he had with Kat after the Yule Ball when she had told him what had happened to her. He hadn't liked the way the Durmstrang boys had been wandering around the grounds like they owned the joint and had vowed at that time that he would figure out some way of paying them back and embarassing them the way they had hurt Kat. And now, here he was...two short kisses away from completing his plan.

Bruin checked his watch and noticed he still had five minutes to spare. No sense cheating Kailey out of a proper kiss, he thought to himself, although still a little unsure of what a good one was. He smiled and leaned forward to offer her what could only be described as the best that he could do under the circumstances. He could have swore that he heard the sign above him ding twice.

Kailey kissed him back, giving one of the best kisses she could muster, and considering she had had plenty of practice with her previous boyfriend she hoped that by now she was pretty good. . When they parted Kailey had to take a breath before going to pick out a black and white bunny and waiting to watch Estrella kiss him. I'll have to find a way to do that again sometime! Kailey thought very pleased with the results of the kiss.

Estrella moved forward, grinning at Bruin. Out of all her years at school she had never expected this to happen, but she would take it all in stride. She didn't expect anything serious- she was dating Jaken of course, and he was watching. With a smirk, she rapped her fingers on the table. "So, let's get this thing done and over with!" She leaned forward, her eyes brimming with amusement. "I must say, you look quite flattering today. Yellow is definitely your color." She snickered, knowing full well that she would never let Bruin hear the end of this.

"Why thank you Miss Drage...I know the Sorting Hat gave Hufflepuff some serious consideration knowing how HAWT I look in yellow, but alas I suppose it recognized my brave and reckless side." Bruin said, practically giddy with excitement. Bruin gave Jaken a quick wave and a little shrug of his shoulders as if to say Sorry, but how could she resist? before leaning forward and planting a kiss on Estrella before she could say anything else to tease him.

As the brief kiss ended, Bruin backed away and smiled. "Now, go and get your bunny! Just watch out for the little black one...he seems to leak stuffing more frequently than the others if you know what I mean."

Just then the sign overhead dinged more loudly and Bruin realized that he had accomplished his goal and that Nic and Dom were now about to meet Sue. He smiled broadly at the prospects.

Professor King was through marking a series of exams and had strolled out onto the lawn to get some fresh air and stretch his legs. It seemed that fresh air always helped him think and he needed to think now more than ever. Alicia still hadn't been found, and the year was almost over. How would the next year commence? Would it? Would he return for it? He wasn't at all sure.
He glanced out across the lawn and noticed a gathering of students around a booth. Intrigued, Nicolas took a numerous steps closer to the booth until he could clearly see Bruin in a dress of sorts behind the booth, with a sign above his head indicating whom he was 'serving' next. He couldn't help but hold back a chuckle at this, 'Only Bruin.' he managed to think as he walked quickly toward the booth now. "I'm next." Nicolas declared once he was only a few metres from the group, fully aware of what the booth was for but more than interested in how Bruin and the others would react. Though, his overall intent, was to remove the booth and perhaps discover why Bruin had decided on that particular outfit for the day.

Kailey was the first to react, and her reaction was to go into a fit of laughter in her head. Imagining Nick and Bruin kissing was hilarious, but slightly disturbing at the same time... But most truly funny things usually were a bit disturbing it seemed. But she hoped they werent in trouble.

Kat just beamed as she watched Nic's face. She couldn't quite read the expression, but with each kiss that Bruin scored she was sure she saw it falter slightly. She was holding her bunny tightly as she watched the kisses, being thankful at each moment for Bruin being a part of her life. He truly was a great friend to her. Just then, Professor King walked upon the happenings and Kat's eyes widened. Surely he wouldn't punish Bruin for this and if he did, Kat wasn't letting him go down alone.

Hilary loosened her grip on Nic's hands as her fear faded and the event progressed. She saw that many of the kisses were just basically jokes, and that made Hilary feel a little better about it. When she heard the louder ding she expected that that meant that it was done. Well maybe next time Hilary she thought to herself unsure of if she ever would get a chance to be like those girls.

Then suddenly the professor walked over and Hilary was unsure of what to do. It sounded like a funny possibility for Bruin to kiss their professor and brought a smile to her previously fear filled face. Part of her was scared again though, truly hopping that Bruin, her only real friend for years, wouldn't get into trouble for this especially as it may have something to do with Nic and his friend.

Estrella was quite flustered as Bruin planted a quick kiss on her lips before she could say anything. Giving him a cocky salute, she replied with a snigger, "Sure, will do. Go get 'em sweetie!" She was aware that Bruin knew fully well that she was just speaking in jest. She grabbed a spotted brown and white bunny and started back to Jaken.

bunnybea2.jpg

Estrella spun around, quite shocked at the sound of Professor King offering himself up to the kissing booth. She felt as if her gut was going to burst open from laughter, wondering what kind of smartass comment Bruin had for that.

Bruin was elated. It had been a pretty crappy year at times, but with OWL's now over and ending the year with the culmination of such a satisfying plan his cares and concerns seemed further away then ever. When he heard Professor King suggest that he was next, Bruin froze in his tracks momentarily, knowing that his Head of House must have had the most stressful year of anyone at the school. Bruin wondered what the right thing to do was, but then acted as he always did, impulsively.

He strode quickly over to Professor King and looked him in the eye. "Well, I'm sorry that I'm out of bunnies, so I'll try to make this good!" With that said, Bruin kissed the man quickly on the lips, his right leg rising up behind him like the actresses always used to do in the movies his parents used to watch and then backed away just as quickly.

"Well, you asked for it!" Bruin said with a laugh and wondering whether he should summon his broom and make a break for it.

KAiley watched as Bruin kissed Professor King his leg popping up behind him like girls did in alot of muggle romance movies and started laughing so hard she could hardly breathe. That had to be the funneist thing she had EVER seen in her life. When her laughs subsided Kailey waited to see what the Defense against the Dark Arts Professors reaction would be.

Jaken saw Bruin's wave and shrug, clearly getting his message. Jaken laughed, and watched them kiss. It didn't bother him, since he knew that she was getting a bunny out of it. Jaken shook his head, and smirked. He said loud enough for Bruin to hear as Estrella went to retrieve a bunny, "Good, but mine are better." He smirked as Estrella came back to him.

Jaken then heard the familiar voice of Professor King, and Jaken burst out laughing as the image of them two at the booth filled his head. Jaken lost balance when he saw what Bruin did. Bruin. Kissed. Professor King. Just like in the movies. Jaken went tumbling to the ground, laughing. Not wanting to ever forget this, he stood up and wiped the tears from his eyes. He said to Estrella, "Let's wait to see the Professor's reaction before we leave."

When Hilary saw her friend's next move she gasped audibly jumping slightly still with Nic's arm around her. The smile wiped itself off her face and her hand went to her mouth. Quietly she let out "What the...?" then trailed off wondering what would happen next.

Zoe had just finished up the last of her exams, and she decided to go outside for some fresh air. She noticed that there was a large amount of students, and a professor gathered around in one spot, and she decided to go check it out. She was walking against the wind, and it was taking a little longer than she'd like to get down to them all, but when she got there, she broke out in a fit of laughter. She saw Bruin lean in and kiss Professor King.

After 'the kiss', she walked up to the stand he had set up, and said, "Hey Bruin. I think you should consider joining the Sorority. We are recruiting." She then gave him a malicious smile, and began to wonder why he was dressed like that.

Rhyspa made her way out onto the lawn, getting some fresh air before she went home. She was very surprised to see quite a large gathering. Two of the people, she really didn't want to have anything to do with. But someone in yellow caught her eye. As she walked closer, Rhyspa realized it was Bruin. "Oh. My. God," Rhyspa exclaimed. "You've got to be kidding!" Rhyspa ran over and saw that Bruin was giving out kisses for bunnies. She then heard that he was out.

"I don't care if your out of bunnies!" Rhyspa grinned. "I'm next!"

As Bruin approached him Professor King stood still, not truly thinking Bruin would do what he did. As Bruin leaned up to kiss him Professor King could only think 'What they hell has gotten into this boy?'
Professor King coughed slightly once Bruin had backed away a step and then spoke, "I think I'm going to deny and ignore that that ever happened. Though I definitely think I deserve a bunny for that." He began, looking over the full extent of Bruin's attire as he spoke, "You do look dazzling, but I think you might have a fair bit of explaining to do about this whole situation. Starting with if you've been drinking anything more than Butterbeer and continuing from there."

Bruin looked at the rather stunned reaction on Professor King's face and realized that he better begin explaining before the Deputy Headmaster could get his bearings. He was glad to hear that Professor King was willing to at least listen to an explanation before considering possible punishments.

"Sorry about that Professor King. I haven't been drinking or anything, I, uh, just got a little carried away, that's all...you see, I had this friendly bet with two of the boys from Durmstrang and well, I won the bet and was a little overly excited when you showed up...I didn't mean any disrespect or anything...I suppose it was just with all the stress of OWL's and the lack of sleep from studying and all that, well, you know...but, most importantly, I'm really, really sorry if I offended you in anyway..." Bruin was actually quite sincere in his apology, not wishing to upset or offend his Head of House in anyway. In fact, Bruin quite looked up to the man and hoped that one day he could be as AWESOME as he was.

Professor Weiss was taking a break from her grading of exams and decided to take a walk on the lawn out to the gardens. She noticed a large group gathered on the lawn, and walked over to see what was going on. She walked up just in time to witness Bruin kiss Professor King while in a yellow sundress and flip flops. "I seriously wish I had a camera for that one! That was AMAZING!" she said in a fit of laughter.

"Well as long as you won..." Nicolas began with a smirk, glancing around over the other students present... the witnesses. He considered for a moment having them conveniently forget this occurrence, but figured that likely wouldn't be the wisest course of action.
"I want a rabbit for that one though, Bruin. Can I expect it next year?" Nicolas finally decided to say as Professor Weiss came up to the group and spoke. 'Another witness' Nicolas managed to think as he turned to his colleague, "Yes, well I'm quite glad you didn't have a camera for... whatever it is you think you saw."

"So, since Professor King has had his turn," Rhyspa began. "Can I have mine?" She couldn't help but grin. "I've already got Brubaker. I don't need a rabbit when I've got a badger!"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back