Professor Cyndi Kingsley

Gryffindor HoH | Mother of 3

OOC First Name
Cyndi
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Wand
Knotted 15 Inch Flexible Oak Wand with Meteorite Dust Core
It's that time of year when some people come up with resolutions for the new year.
Do you have any for 2016? Did you keep any of your resolutions for 2015? Do you avoid making resolutions because you know you'll fail at keeping them? :p

I sort of fall into the last category, but I mostly don't make them so I don't have the pressure of having to keep them. xD Or, if I do make a resolution, it's so vague that I almost can't fail at it. I haven't decided if I'm going to make any this year.

I'm terrible with resolutions. I fall into the 'New Year New Me' category only I do it every year but I'm still the same old me I was when I started making these resolutions.

Maia's resolution: Make better life choices/ Sort my life out/ Get my life together. Since starting college I've said "I need to make better life choices/ sort my life out/ get my life together", almost daily, so I figure it's a good place to start.

I have one that's to stop a silly bad habit of mine that I know I'll break within 3 days or so xD

As for ones I might actually keep... I'd like to actually complete an album of music. I made one a long time ago but I've been procrastinating on the second one because I'm too much of a perfectionist. I'm also going to work on doing something that scares me every day, because my anxiety has really taken over my life!

Mine is actually something I'm starting rather than finishing, I'm joining a full contact girls Rugby team in Edinburgh, and my NY Resolution is to stick with it. I've never played before in my life but my friend is the Captain and doesn't have enough players to make a team so it's half a favour to her/half because I want to get fit again and hopefully enjoy it. I've been so lazy lately!!

As for last year, I can't even remember what I gave up, I definitely gave up something, so I either succeeded and long forgot about it, or failed and long forgot about it. I suspect the latter.

Never bothered with resolutions, myself.

If I cared enough about something I wanted to change about myself, I'd do it today, not 'next year'.

Good luck guys with your New Years Resolutions!
I haven't really ever made one, actually... so, I guess I'll try and kick a pretty nasty habit I have, though I've been trying to kick it for a long time. Maybe this will be different. xD

Well whether I make one or not I'm just happy to see the back of this year. 2015 has easily been the worst year of my life. Bring on 2016.

Im with you Dan! This year has been pretty crappy for me too. My New Years Resolution is to have a great year!

I'd take a mediocre year over 2015. I'd just like to finish 2016 with the same amount of family (or more :r ) as I started it with.

I haven't thought of many. I guess just now thinking
I would like to eat healthier (and possibly loose a little weight), and make 2016 as good a year as 2015. and learn more danish and start learning german.

I had a pretty good 2015 and I don't know what 2016 will be like because I finish uni in June and I have no idea what to do after that! :cry:

My resolution last year was to get abs, my resolution this year will still be to get abs xD Oh an I want to learn to drive too.

Madeline Walden said:
I had a pretty good 2015 and I don't know what 2016 will be like because I finish uni in June and I have no idea what to do after that! :cry:

My resolution last year was to get abs, my resolution this year will still be to get abs xD Oh an I want to learn to drive too.
I think those were my resolutions for 2010 and every year since. I'm no closer to either.

Professor Kalif Styx said:
I just want a better year than 2015. xD
I'm with you. :tut:

I also like Claire's 'do one thing I'm afraid of' each day. I started that towards the end of this year and found it empowering.

I haven't really set myself any resolutions.
I just want to have a good year and do whatever needs to be done to do that. I want to travel a bit more and already have plans in motion for that.

David and myself have talked about joining a gym as we could both stand to loose some weight, but we'll see how that pans out.

Overall, I just want to have a great 2016 ^_^

Professor Kalif Styx said:
I just want a better year than 2015. xD
I'm the exact same :tut:
As long as 2016 is better than 2015, I'll be happy.

I don't make New Years resolutions because I don't keep them, so mine usually boils down to, don't f#ck up too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back