Y40 Gryffindor Quidditch Practice S2

"I don't know," he huffed back, "Are you going to have a serious practice or just waste time letting everyone mess around? We still have a match to win, you know."

Lysander sighed. "Why does it always have to be a serious practice?" He asked. "We can have one or two fun practices out of however many we have in a semester. It won't kill you to have fun. Everyone else is." He swept an arm toward the vague majority of the group. He did not get Flynn. Was it that hard to relax for once? He was too young to be this much of a killjoy. "And you of all people know how important it is for seekers to be prepared. Slytherin's won before with an alternate we hadn't even seen play in that position. We have to assume the other teams have given everyone experience in different roles. We haven't won with the way we've practiced so far, so there's no harm in trying something new." He shrugged lightly. "Even if you think it's a waste of time, you still need to be practicing. I want to see you catch a snitch before we finish, okay?"

"Well maybe I don't think this is fun in the slightest," he couldn't see an ounce of fun. As far as he saw it, this 'practice' was basically everyone taking the mick. Especially as their match with Hufflepuff was fast approaching now. He was well aware of the fact he had lost the previous game to a second year, of all people. And no, he still wasn't feeling all that great about it. So maybe seeing everyone else flying around catching snitches like it was easy was not the greatest of moral boosters. It almost felt like Lysander was trying to send him a message of 'Look it's not that hard. You just need to be better.' "Yeah, an alternate. It's kind of their job to be prepared to jump in for other people. And we have three of them. I understand making them practice, but I very much doubt you are going to ever need to play as a seeker. And you of all people should know that the beaters are just as important as the seekers. So no, I'll do my job when you decided to stop messing around and do yours."

Lysander inhaled a long, deep breath and pressed his fingers to the bridge of his nose. Merlin's beard, was he going to have to pull a Connor? Yes, he was definitely going to have to pull a Connor. "You aren't the captain here, Flynn. I am. You don't get to make the decisions. I do. Maybe you can reflect on that while you go and sit in the stands. If you aren't going to participate in the practice, then you don't get to be up here with the rest of us. Okay?"

Nikko couldn't help but notice Flynn and Lysander's conversation as he kept flying around in search of the snitch. He was too far away to hear much but he could imagine Flynn wasn't too happy about todays practice. He probably wouldn't be too happy if someone else came and took his spot even if it was just for the day.

Chloë flew around, catching parts of Lysander and Flynn's conversation when she passed them. Yikes.

By now, Isaiah was sure he liked being a beater way better than he liked being a seeker but he could see the practicality of it all.

Ronald running to the pitch and shocked when Lysander said that all of us will have a practice to be a seeker so Ronald grab his broomstick and fly high when we start to practice, Ronald wish that he get the snitch when he so luck if he can do that.

Zee was excited to get back onto the Quidditch Pitch. She had felt terrible after the last match against Slytherin. Honestly she thought they had had it until the very last moment. It was rather disappointing. But the young Gryffindor would not let her anger get the better of her. She would just have to try harder. She entered onto the Quidditch Pitch and waited for the instructions. Surprised that they would all be playing seeker today. That was certainly not what Zee expected, but she did not want to argue.

Instead, Zee swung her leg over her broom and kicked up into the air. She watched as the snitches were released. This was completely out of her comfort zone, but the competitive girl would not let that ruin this time. She began to search for a snitch, ignoring those around her.

Ronald doesn't see anything in the air but he doesn't give up easily so he tries to search above the pitch and try to see golden snitch.

Chloë looked around to see if she could spot another one of the snitches anywhere.

Zee looked around the Pitch. This certainly wasn't something that she was used to. The young girl tried to find a glittering ball that was way tinier than the Quaffles she was using to working it. Out of the corner of her eye she noticed the snitch for a second. Yet when she tried to fly over to it quickly, it was already out of her reach.

Nikko kept looking for the snitch. He had never doubted being seeker was a hard position but it was a very different kind of stress than he was used too.

Chloë continued flying around.

Really, that his response. He was really just going to go with 'I'm the Captain and your not so I can do what I want'. Well, you know what? Flynn didn't have to put up with this and simply snorted when Lysander told him he could sit in the stands if he didn't want to take part. "Go scr*w yourself," he snapped rather angrily, making sure to try and shoulder past the older boy. Everyone playing seeker was hardly a bloody 'practice'. "Maybe you should find me when you decide to stop messing around and want to take things seriously." He didn't have to put up with this so he wasn't going to. Promptly landing back on the ground and stalking back towards the changing rooms.

Last edited:
Zee tried to focus on her goal and ignore the drama going on around her. She had no use for it. Kita brought enough drama to her life. She continued to look for the snitch, once again failing at this tricky task.

Nikko stopped when he heard Flynn swear. But thankfully things didn't escalate from there and he slowly got back to his search.

Chloë could almost feel the hostile energy coming from the boys' direction, glancing over to see Flynn leave the pitch. "You good?" She asked Lysander after abandoning her search for a minute and flying over to where he was.

Isaiah squinted as he looked around, wondering how people could even catch a glimpse of a thing that small with so much movement around.

Nikko tried to focus at the task at hand but not that it seemed to help. He couldn't find a snitch anywhere.

Lysander was too stunned to even begin to form a response to Flynn telling him to go screw himself. He grunted as the other boy barged past him, and silently watched him land, seething with anger all the while. This was supposed to be a fun, laid-back practice. He didn’t need this. He turned on the spot, catching sight of Chloe flying over. He shrugged with a frustrated huff. “What is his problem?He asked, in case she somehow had the answer. He was going to have to deal with this later, and after witnessing the drama between Connor and Linden, he wasn't enthusiastic about going through a similar outcome.​

Last edited:
Chloë shrugged at Lysander’s question. “I don’t know.. maybe he felt pressured having everyone play as seeker..?” She replied, although in all honesty she never was quite able to grasp why Flynn was so grumpy most of the time. “Or maybe it’s just teen hormones.” She added in an attempt to lift the mood.

It was difficult not to feel angry about the whole situation, but Lysander managed to muster up a half-hearted chuckle, shaking his head. “We were never like that at his age, were we?” He said. What Chloe said made sense, Flynn hadn’t taken well to Elara joining the team, but that was the thing, they were supposed to be a team. Flynn had never really acted like he was a part of that, and Lysander had to wonder if he should’ve done more about it.

Ronald is surprised that his classmate will be flying out to the pitch he wonders how he is feeling because we practice having come to a seeker as an alternate if we have a chance he thinks that their seeker doesn't take seriously their match because they have a lot to lose than to win I think our team Captain want to realize that his job is most important in every match, but Ronald doesn't see anything glittering on the pitch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back