Kris
Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Seeing Somebody
Sexual Orientation
Bisexual
@Juniper Zumwalt vs @Lysander Summers

Round one thankfully hadn't been too messy this year, with the exception of some of the lower year students which had resulted in spending 20 minutes cleaning up slugs. Hopefully he wouldn't see a repeat of that in round two. Once the two competitors seemed ready, Angel directed them up to their places at opposite ends of the platforms before addressing them and the crowd. "Welcome to your second round of duelling, you should know what you're doing by now so let's keep it clean. The victor will be able to continue on to the rest of the tournament, and the loser will sadly be eliminated. When you're ready, please bow to your opponent and begin!" He said with a flourish, letting the students get started.
The duel begins now. You have 24 hours from this to post your first reply, or face disqualification. Once both duelists have posted, you will have 24 hours from your opponents post to reply, or be disqualified. Ensure that you use the spell list for guidance on age-appropriate spells, and read over the dueling rules and points system. Please also remember site rules apply, including power/god modding. You can find the site rules here. Duels will run until there is a winner or until 6 IRL days have passed, in which case the winner will be chosen by RNG. If you are knocked out or otherwise disarmed/incapacitated, or if you run out of points, you will lose and the duel will end. Have fun!

As an added note: Spectators are allowed to post in this topic once per competitors post, but are forbidden from directly interfering with the duels.

Code:
[b]Current Points:[/b] 150
[hr][/hr]RP content[hr][/hr][b]Action(s) Taken:[/b]
[b]Point Changes:[/b]
[b]Points Remaining:[/b]

Current Points: 150

Juniper was glad she had made it through the first round, but this was really what was going to determine things. If she could just beat Lysander again, then nothing else mattered. It was the final chance to prove how much better she was than him, and she wasn't going to let it go to waste. Taking to the stage, she barely bowed before raising her wand, sending a jelly brain jinx.
Action(s) Taken: Cast spell
Point Changes: -5
Points Remaining:145

Current Points: 150

Lysander had a confidence to his step as he took his position on the platform. He was glad Juniper had managed to beat Chase, if only because he needed the chance to beat her himself. He grinned, more patronising than friendly. "As the future seventh year champion, I want to take a moment to say-" He began as he bowed, but Juniper had already sent a spell his way and he brought his wand up to cast a shield instead. "Okay, then." He muttered, firing back with a jelly-fingers jinx.
Action(s) Taken: Cast spell x2
Point Changes: -10
Points Remaining: 140

Current Points: 145
Juniper had barely registered what Lysander had said before she sent her spell. Once she did, she grimaced. "Oh, shut it," she murmured. He was so full of himself for no reason. Sure, he was a prefect, but she was leading a quidditch team to victory at the cup their final year, and she was the leader of SDA. Plus, she just had better fashion sense in general, and that already made her better. She usually wasn't this full of herself, but something about Lysander just really irked her. She blocked his spell quickly and reciprecated, sending back a jelly-fingers jinx.
Points Remaining: 135

Current Points: 140

Lysander chuckled to himself and cast another shield charm. "Why? Worried you'll get distracted and lose?" He asked, firing back with a stunning spell. "I get it, you've been slipping. You probably need to focus."
Points Remaining: 130

Current Points: 135
Juniper blocked Lysander's spell. She had slipped up last year, but seeing as Ajax lost already, people had to know it was a fluke. She was good at duelling - she just had to continue to prove it. "I just don't want to you to focus all your energy on your big mouth," she shouted back. "Deprimo!"
Points Remaining: 125

Current Points: 130

There was no time for a comeback before Juniper was slinging a curse Lysander's way. He wasn't sure if it was his reaction time, or the shock of the spell she'd chosen, but he'd barely managed a shield in time, and stumbled back a few steps from the force of it regardless. "Are you trying to kill me? What is wrong with you?" He shouted. He'd seen the spell completely obliterate a floor, he didn't want to imagine what it would do to him. He took a step forward to move further from the edge of the platform, and cast a flagrante curse at Juniper's wand.
Points Remaining: 120

Current Points: 125
Juniper wasn't surprised by Lysander's reaction. She didn't want to murder him... just more so catch him off guard. And she had done just that. "Just wanted to make sure you were paying attention," she sang. Blocking his spell, she raised her wand again. "Incarcerous," she sent back.
Points Remaining: 115

Current Points: 120

"And if I wasn't?" Lysander asked incredulously. Splinters. That's what he'd be. It didn't surprise him that Juniper was willing to do anything to win, which meant he needed to be ready for it. "Diffindo." He said, defensively slicing apart the conjured ropes headed his way. He waved his wand again, and non-verbally sent a full body-bind curse her way.
Points Remaining: 110

Current Points: 115
Juniper shrugged again as she blocked the Gryffindor's spell attempt. "I suppose I would have apologized," she said matter-of-factly before deciding now might be a good time to let him know she meant business. A former SDA co-prez had tipped her off on how to perform a certain spell that she had been a victim of before, and while it really did nothing to take him out, it would be entertaining to watch him become even more peeved. "Supercillio!"
Points Remaining: 105

Spell ID - #99156

Current Points: 110

Lysander scoffed in indignance. "That would have made it all better. I hope you'd at least bring flowers to my funeral. And say some really nice things." If that were possible for Juniper to do. He raised his wand to block her next spell. "Pro-what?" He exclaimed in shock, taking a moment to register that she was using his own spell against him, even as the hairs on his eyebrows grew to ridiculous lengths. A spell she'd laughed at when he'd tried to impress her with the fact he and Sully had invented something new. Unbelievable. "You can't use that! That's my spell." He said hotly. She'd already stolen his title as champion from him for a time, and now that she didn't have that anymore, she had to steal something else. He raised his arm to hold aside the curtain of eyebrow hair obscuring his vision, and pointed his wand at Juniper. "Expulso!" He incanted. If Deprimo was on the table, then he had no problem playing the same game.
Action(s) Taken: Hit by spell, cast spell
Point Changes: +15 -5
Points Remaining: 120

Current Points: 105
Juniper would definitely have some things to say at Lysander's funeral, but she could not assure they would be nice. Watching his reaction to his own spell being used successfully against, Juniper started laughing as the hair grew. "You can't control what I do!" she threw back before blocking his spell. "Confringo!" If they were gonna try to blow each other up the whole match, might as play along.
Action(s) Taken: Spell successful, Cast spell x2
Point Changes: -20, -10
Points Remaining: 75

Current Points: 120

Lysander put up another shield charm to protect himself from the impact of the blast. "Yeah? Watch me." He said, firing back with a confundus charm in an effort to scramble her thoughts too much to cast anything.
Points Remaining: 110

Current Points: 75
Juniper rolled her eyes at Lysander, causing her to almost miss blocking his spell. But she did! And then she sent back another blast. "Deprimo!"
Points Remaining: 65

Current Points: 110

This again? Lysander blocked the spell she'd sent his way. "Really?" He asked, firing back with an expulso. Was she going to pull out a fiendfyre next? It almost wouldn't have surprised him, given the amount of times she'd set him on fire.
Points Remaining: 100

Current Points: 65
Juniper was tired of this duel. Tired of Lysander. Tired of having to continually show she was worthy of being the leader of this club. She really wished he'd just give up. He didn't need this. She did. "Protego! Confundo!"
Points Remaining: 55

Current Points: 100

It was proving difficult to focus on Juniper with the curtains of eyebrow hair covering one eye, and an arm holding aside the other. Juniper at least wasn't opting for stealth, with how she was shouting her spells, so he had warning when they were coming. Was she frustrated, or just not as good as she pretended to be? Did she struggle with non-verbal spells? He smiled at the thought while he casted another shield charm. "Accio winner." He pretended to cast, acting as if his wand had jerked itself to point at him, and stumbling toward it in an exaggerated fashion. "Oops, guess it won't be you." He taunted Juniper.
Points Remaining: 95

OOCOut of Character:
Heads up! The duel will time out at 11:59PM EST, Feb 19th and will be decided by RNG if a winner is not decided sooner. That's approximately 33 hours from now!

Current Points: 55
Juniper couldn’t stand this boy’s arrogance. She raised her wand and tried to stupefy the jerk.
Action(s) Taken: cast spell
Points Remaining: 50

Current Points: 95
Lysander was almost too busy gloating you avoid Junipers next spell, but managed to defend himself in time. He fired back with a non-verbal disarming charm.
Points Remaining: 85

Current Points: 50
Juniper was tired. Why couldn't it just end. "Just give up, Lysander. You don't need this," she blurted out before blocking his spell and then stopped. Had she really just said that out loud? "You need- I mean, I-," she stuttered before stopping and squishing her face in her hands in a moment of frustration.
Points Remaining: 45

Current Points: 85

Lysander hesitated, expecting an oncoming spell to defend against, but none came. Was this a trick? Some kind of underhanded tactic to get him to lower his guard? "What do you know about what I need?" He called out. "Why do you need this more than I do? I was the champion before you were." Before she'd come and stolen his title and then paraded it about. He could barely remember how this had all started now, all he knew was how he'd felt. It hadn't seemed fair.
Action(s) Taken: -
Point Changes: -
Points Remaining: 85

Current Points: 45
Juniper wasn't sure why she was just kind of giving up all of a sudden. This wasn't like her, but the end of her school career was getting to her. She was realizing she had very little to look forward to after this, and one last victory was all she really wanted. "And then I bested you," and took a deep breath as she quickly shot a non-verbal disarming spell at him. She could best him again.
Points Remaining: 40

Current Points: 85
Lysander scowled. She had bested him, multiple times. It wouldn't have hurt so much if she hadn't been so snarky about it the entire time. It wouldn't have hurt so much if he hadn't lost in the first place. His eyes widened, not expecting a spell. He had to jump out of the way, too slow to risk pulling up a shield. He got to his feet, trying not to get tangled up in the hair. "You probably took liquid luck before our duels." He said to rile her up. "Deprimo!"
Action(s) Taken: Dodged, cast spell
Point Changes: -15
Points Remaining: 70

OOCOut of Character:
This duel has timed out! The winner via RNG is Juniper Zumwalt

Users who are viewing this thread

Back