Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
From the end of the hall, the Headmistress stood waiting for graduates and guests alike to enter and take their appropriate seats. Gone were the long tables that usually resided in the hall, leaving a large empty space for rows upon rows of padded chairs. Gone too, were the usual banners and drapes depicting the four individual houses and their respective colours, replaced now by banners depicting only the Hogwarts insignia on a plain, black background. Today, the seventh years weren't Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs or Slytherins. They stood together as one, the graduating class of 2053.

As everyone settled into their seats, Katherine strode across the stage to take her position at the podium. With a raise of her hand, the murmur and chatter of those present ceased, and she spoke. "Welcome all of you, family and friends, students and staff, to the graduation ceremony of twenty fifty-three. Thank you for joining us in celebrating the long journey of our honoured graduates, and in commending their seven years of growth and dedication at Hogwarts New Zealand. Truly, each and every one of you have been the heart and soul of this school." There was a brief moment of applause, and once that too had died down, Katherine continued. "To the class of twenty fifty-three, remember that your lives are only just beginning. You are all the future of wizardkind, and it is your actions and achievements that will continue to shape the world we live in. With that said, I'd like to call upon our head students, Vader Hume and Alice Holland to take the podium. Please give them a warm welcome." The Headmistress finished, stepping off to the side to allow the two students to take her place and present their speeches.​

OOCOut of Character:
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

This was it. What Alice had been working towards for the past seven years. It was time to graduate, and it felt both exciting and absolutely terrifying. Alice had written down things she wanted to say in her speech, and caught herself glancing down at the paper a few times as she waited for her turn. She had known this was a part of being head girl, but it hadn't really seemed real until this point. She would go up in front of all the professors, all the guests and all her classmates. But she didn't have a lot of time to think about that, as she suddenly heard their names be called. She had agreed with Vader that she would go first, so Alice took a deep breath and stepped forward. She smiled, searching out Elliot in the crowd with her eyes, and then started to speak.

"This feels like an ending," Alice started, "but also a beginning. We have all lived and learned at Hogwarts over the past seven years, and now... we will each go our own way." Her smile turned a little sad. "Every professor has shaped us in some way, every experience has taught us new things. Things we take with us into our future." Alice paused. "And we'll use it all to shine. I can only speak for myself, but I know that I will look back at my time at Hogwarts with fondness. I know I'll miss it a lot, and I know there will be times I wish I was back here." Alice looked at Elliot again, knowing she would miss him a lot next year. "But I also know that we are ready. Each and every one of us is going to take a step forward, a step into our futures. I know we can all be proud of the witches and wizards we have become." She felt her shoulders relax as she realized she was done. "Thank you." She said, stepping back to let Vader go next.

Vader couldn’t quite believe that he was graduating. Something was just so surreal about it in this moment. He had been working towards this end for a while both before and during this year. But it was over. He had finished with Accio, handed it over to the next guy and then packed up all of his things. He would no longer come back here. Besides perhaps for padme or Leia’s graduations. He looked for Ava in the crowd of graduating students, just wishing he could sit with her, but of course he hadn’t been able to. He knew they’d stick around together for the next few years, and always be attached in some manner but he was nervous about what it would be like outside of school with her. What things would be like for them. Vader was sure things would be fine and good and the same as currently, but he’d been at school seven years, he had dedicated much of his life to it, so much of his sleep. He had written the speech well in advance, well, the original version, it had been reworked and reworded in so many ways. He wanted to be positive, wanted to express gratitude but Hogwarts had been such a mixed bag. He had seen success, he had gotten great friendships, but he’d picked on for a lot of the early years, his sleep had gone from being not terrible to awful or non-existent on some nights. He had managed to be his authentic self, but it had been a struggle which had almost lost him his friend because of how constantly dishonest he’d been. How to express all of that in a way which was positive…

The ceremony got started, and Vader walked up to the podium with Alice, pleased that he could do this with someone he’d always known, who’d always been a friend. Vader looked out at the crowd and immediate found Ava, then his sisters. He looked to Alice and nodded as she spoke. His hands were visibly shaking, he had never been much of a public speaker. Vader applauded for Alice as she spoke but it meant it was his turn. He stepped up to the podium and cleared his throat nervously, twice. He looked out at all of the faces. ”Hi…” he started, ”Thanks Alice, for your words…..” he faltered slightly and wiped his hands on his trousers. ”I’m not much of a public speaker...for those who know me, or will have seen me around school, I was most often behind a camera. Photography was something I was interested in before Hogwarts, but Hogwarts allowed me, and so many others to really just follow their passion. There’s not much I want to say, other than I’m proud of how far we’ve all come…..” he paused…”I know this isn’t what normally happens….but, it would be a shame and out of character, if I didn’t capture this moment, standing here in front of all of you,” He summoned his camera that had been tucked under his seat, and within moments he had it set up and ready to take a picture, ready to get a picture of everyone sitting in the hall currently. ”It’ll count down three, two, one, and after one everyone should say, Congratulations class of 2053, okay?” he moved to be in front of the camera, motioning for Alice to join him. He had taken time before all of this to know exactly where to place the camera for it to get a picture of everyone, it was floating with magic, it flashed the countdown, and he led the room in saying Congratulations class of 2053. It was held for a moment before he moved, grabbing the camera and back to the podium, ”Thank you,” and he was done, his part of this event over.

Katherine stood quietly to the side as the two head students gave their speeches - and took a photo, applauding each in turn as they finished and stepped down from the podium to make their way back to their seats. With all said and done, the Headmistress took their place once more to address the hall. "Thank you, Mr Hume and Miss Holland for those words. To the class of twenty-fifty-three - the future is yours - don't be afraid to leave your mark in the history of wizardkind. I look forward to seeing what each of you bring to the wizarding world. Now, let's move on to why we're all here. When I call your name, come up to the stage to receive your diploma." The woman said, taking a moment to look across the sea of faces in front of her, many for the last time. Her eyes dropped to the parchment she held, and she called up the first of many names.

OOCOut of Character:
It's time, graduates. You can now RP your character coming on stage, getting their diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

Vader returned to his seat, his body was shaking lightly at the nerves he was still feeling. He was looking forward to this being over, but at the very least the most difficult part for him was done. He’d said what he had wanted to. Vader watched as people crossed the stage, applauding for his classmates, he might not have gotten along with all of them in the beginning but he had come to know and appreciate most of the people he’s been in the same year as. He knew that he wouldn’t keep in close contact with all of them but he was hopeful to keep in some contact with some of them. At least he knew he and Ava were unlikely to ever lose touch, even when he was old and his memories all faded. He was looking forward to a life with Goku, knowing that he wanted to spend so much time with him, outside of the school able to just be his true self around him. Never having to hide or lie about who he was. Vader had come to school worried, terrified and keen to ignore every feeling he’d had. He’d hated the sound of his own name, but hearing it then, having the headmistress introduce him then had been nice...Good. He felt proud of himself and his achievements, even if they had come at the cost of many nights of sleep. His sleep he knew now would probably never be good but he knew that it only got worse if he was very stressed. But he was out of school, now and he could manage his stress better. Eventually Vader’s name was called again and he walked along the stage, shook the headmistress's hand and thanked her before continuing on his way. He applauded and cheered loudly for Ava and felt a wash of relief pass over him when proceedings ended and that was it for him. He’d graduated Hogwarts.

Alice's hands were still shaking a little by the time she was called up to get her diploma. She had been more nervous about her speech than she had even really understood, and now she was finally calming down. But getting her diploma was kind of scary too, especially with everyone watching. It felt like only yesterday when Alice stepped foot into Hogwarts for the first time, full of excitement. Alice now stepped into her older sisters' footsteps, and took her diploma from Professor Alicastall with a quiet thanks. She wondered where she would be when it was time for Lucy to graduate, which was strange to even imagine. But time had been getting away from her lately, and she had the feeling it would go even faster after graduating. She returned to her seat with her diploma, trying to really believe she had now graduated Hogwarts.

Abian still felt like he could be dragged out of the room any minute, like he'd failed his exams and they had just made some sort of mix up or mistake to let him sit here. But it seemed like that wasn't happening. He was graduating, and he was graduating with grades that were high enough to become a healer. It felt completely surreal, and Abian pinched himself a few times. He sat near William and Amaya, his two closest friends in his time at Hogwarts, even if things with Amaya still weren't entirely the same. He listened to the speech from the Head Boy and the Head Girl, proud of his friend Vader up there. Then it waas time for their names to be called, and it didn't take very long for Abian to be called. He headed up to the headmistress and accepted his diploma, still half expecting her to hold it out of his reach or something. But no, it was really his. A little dazed, Abian headed back to his seat with his diploma in hand.

Ava felt so bittersweet about this entire thing. They were graduating. Graduating. It had happened so fast. She felt an immense ache knowing @Elio Zephyr wasnt here with her, or @Elsie Baros. Unthinkingly, she brushed her fingers over the words on her shoulder, knowing the tattoo was visible. She thought of the matching one on Elios shoulder, and couldn't help but wonder where he was. She thought of the words. You See All My Light; You Love All My Dark.

She looked up and smiled, teary eyed, as first Alice and then Vader took their places and gave their speech. She giggled as Vader even brought out his camera, following instructions to help do her part in getting him the perfect picture. She clapped and cheered for her friends as they were called before her, and by the time she was called herself she was already crying.

This just all felt so surreal. Ava stood and made her way to the headmistress to accept her diploma. She thanked the woman profusely, tears soaking her cheeks but a shaky smile on her face, and went to sit back down, clutching the parchment and trying to dry her eyes.

Seven years was just a blur. Too many memories, both good and bad. He had to admit, he had changed a lot. Some for the better, some for worse. With no clear direction where to go, Philip decided to just give it a year to rediscover what he wanted and go from there. He had taken his seat for his graduation among many others who would be graduating with him. Avaria included. He would be leaving a couple of good friends too especially Lily, Ava's cousin. He promised he would write to her, the girl had really grown on him. He had extended an invitation to his family but he was quite glad they would not be able to attend. He was not really in the mood for some family reunions.

The Slytherin listened to the speeches given by the Headmistress and the head people. Vader, Ava's best friend was one of them. He clapped at the right moments, wanting to just be over with it. Then, it was time for them to receive their diplomas. He looked on as one by one, people he knew by name and by face, went up to the stage. His eyes stared longingly at Avaria. Aya. He wondered if she noticed him looking at her or even being there. Apparently not. It was his turn and he went up to the stage, took his diploma, and shook hands. He smiled just enough to be polite before making his way back to his seat. He did not bother to look around as he did not have any reason to.

With graduation underway, Arinna had been torn between the excitement of leaving the school and the sadness of leaving Jasper behind. Sure, it would only be for a year but she had to go home to India to get a career there. She still had to talk to her brother for support as their father was not an easy man to ask permission from. With Ari busy with work and Bethany, she was now in her seat waiting for her name to be called. Having attended her brother's graduation, she had somehow known the drill by now. Speeches and then diplomas. She watched as her classmates went up on the stage one by one until her name was called. With a smile, she stood up and went to the front. With a bright smile, she received her diploma from the headmistress, shaking hands before going back to her seat. This was it. It was final. She was leaving Hogwarts and would face a new chapter in life soon enough.

Amaya was a little relieved that today had come, to be honest. She had considered not even coming back to school, but patching things up with Abian had brought her to this point. She smiled at him, her hands folded neatly in her lap. She wasn't surprised that Avaria seemed so emotional. She watched as the other students were called for their diplomas, including her brothers' girlfriend and Abian. A small part of her wondered if Kace was at the graduation, or if he even cared she was leaving school. Probably not, she knew he had moved on. She pushed the thought from her mind and stood, walking over gracefully with her head held high. She had her pride, after all. She accepted her diploma with a soft thank you and returned to her seat, smiling at Abian as she did so.

Emily still didn't know how she felt about today, even once she was settled into her seat for graduation. It didn't feel real, that her seven years at Hogwarts were all over, just like this. She was ready for her adult life to begin, ready to move on to new, bigger adventures, but there was so much she was leaving behind, so many ways her life would change forever after today. She didn't know what to expect, but she knew she would remember her years at Hogwarts for the rest of her life. She was excited for the speeches, whooping loudly in pride as Alice took the stage. Emily had expected her best friend's speech to bring a tear to her eye, and the reaction came exactly as she had thought, eyes prickling as she listened to Alice. She applauded loudly once the speech was over, wiping her eyes as she listened to Vader. She was relieved his speech wasn't quite so emotional, smiling and posing with the rest of the class when he took a photo. That would be a wonderful memento to have, and Emily made a mental note to get in touch and see if she could get a copy to keep.

Clapping once Vader was finished, it struck Emily that the time had come. Speeches were over, there was nothing left to be done but... to actually graduate. She watched as her classmates started to take to the stage one by one, clapping as they passed by. It occurred that this may be the last time she ever saw some of these people, and she took a moment to just... remember them all. The smiles, the tears, everything they had shared as a class. And then her own turn came and Emily had to hiccup back tears as she stepped up to the stage, ready to accept her diploma. Her time at Hogwarts was over, and whatever came next, it was time to face it. She shook the headmistress's hand with a teary smile before returning to her seat, diploma clutched in her hands. This was it. It was time for life to begin.

Graduation. Already. It felt like somehow both only yesterday and a hundred years ago that William had arrived at Hogwarts, frustrated at the restrictive life trapped inside a castle. He had grown fond of this place over time though, and there was no denying he had grown up a lot. No longer the insecure, self-hating child he had arrived at school as. He had met people he never would have met otherwise, had experiences that shaped him into the man he was now, and learned plenty of skills that would carry him forward into adult life. William felt... ready for today. Almost. It was hard to pay attention to the speeches but he did his best, particularly for Vader's sake. He chuckled softly when the Gryffindor asked them to get together for a photo, leaning in and posing with the rest of the class. He felt a small pang of nostalgia as he realised he might never see Vader again, unless life pushed them together somehow. He had grown fond of the jumpy Gryffindor, and wondered if he should.... send him an owl or something, so they wouldn't lose touch.

But it wasn't long before there were more pressing things to think about. It was time to graduate, once and for all, and William steeled himself as names began to be called. This was really going to happen. School was over, once and for all. He stood when his name was called and adjusted the kākahu around his shoulders as he made his way to the stage, trying not to let his nerves show. It felt surreal, accepting the diploma with one hand and shaking the headmistress's hand with his other. Like a moment that was happening to someone else. But he was here, this was real, and now it was official. His time at Hogwarts was over, and William had graduated. He returned to his seat still feeling surreal as he watched the rest of the ceremony. It was all onwards from here, out into his future in the adult world.

Jenna didn't care much for the ceremony unfolding in front of her. Blah, blah blah. It's the same thing every year. Headmistress will stand up and address the graduating class, speeches will be said, and then the receiving of the diploma. Everything felt so scripted, so boring for the feisty brunette. There was no originality with these types of school events. Every now and then, Jenna checked on her polished nails or would toss her locks away from her view as she tune out those speaking. It wasn't until her name was called that she perked up and sauntered across the stage. Jenna grabbed her diploma and raised her hands up in the air like she was in a music festival. She search the hall for Joshua, her tia and then Baron. "Woot, lo hico,"she shouts, laughing afterwards when she sees them sitting near each other. At this point, Jenna is scowled and rushed off the stage. The brunette laughs again and blows a kiss at her boyfriend.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back