Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Divorced
Sexual Orientation
Heterosexual
Wand
Straight 9 ½ Inch Rigid Chestnut Wand with Unicorn Tail Hair Core
From the end of the hall, the Headmistress stood waiting for graduates and guests alike to enter and take their appropriate seats. Gone were the long tables that usually resided in the hall, leaving a large empty space for rows upon rows of padded chairs. Gone too, were the usual banners and drapes depicting the four individual houses and their respective colours, replaced now by banners depicting only the Hogwarts insignia on a plain, black background. Today, the seventh years weren't Gryffindors, Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs or Slytherins. They stood together as one, the graduating class of 2052.

As everyone settled into their seats, Katherine strode across the stage to take her position at the podium. With a raise of her hand, the murmur and chatter of those present ceased, and she spoke. "Welcome all of you, family and friends, students and staff, to the graduation ceremony of twenty forty-five. Thank you for joining us in celebrating the long journey of our honoured graduates, and in commending their seven years of growth and dedication at Hogwarts New Zealand. Truly, each and every one of you have been the heart and soul of this school." There was a brief moment of applause, and once that too had died down, Katherine continued. "To the class of twenty fifty-two, remember that your lives are only just beginning. You are all the future of wizardkind, and it is your actions and achievements that will continue to shape the world we live in. With that said, I'd like to call upon our head students, Zennon Baros and Analei Louw to take the podium. Please give them a warm welcome." The Headmistress finished, stepping off to the side to allow the two students to take her place and present their speeches.​

OOCOut of Character:
This thread is for Graduates and Speakers to post in. Guests and Spectators can post in the 'Guest' topic.

Analei could hardly believe it. Her seven years at Hogwarts had finally come to an end. It felt like it had gone so fast, but at the same time, Analei knew she had changed, and grown, a lot. Of course, there was still the people in the school that she hated, but she hardly felt the rage that she used to feel. It was scary, that they were going to be leaving the comfort and safety of the castle's walls, and chucked out into the real world, but it was also incredibly exciting. She knew that the petty things like, who was friends with who, and who was chosen to answer a question in class, they were things that were going to be long forgotten. They were things that she knew just wasn't going to matter any more. Analei was proud of the person she had become, and she made sure, as she waited her turn on the stage, that her eyes didn't linger on certain Gryffindors or Slytherins that would make her grumpy. Instead, she focused on the faces of her friends, and of Zennon, standing next to her. They were all that she needed.

As the Headmistress finished and invited them to take the stage, Analei took a deep breath and squeezed Zennon's hand before moving forward. She wasn't one that was afraid of speaking to a large crowd but this...was a huge crowd. With another deep breath, Analei locked eyes with Arvel, giving him a smile. "Thank you Headmistress. Professors, guests, and most importantly, graduates. Welcome to what marks our final step in our seven year journey. Seven years can change a person. A lot can happen in seven years. We've experienced seven years of learning. Seven years of fighting." She added with a small laugh. "Seven years of loving, of caring, and of trying to be our very best selves. Well, hopefully." Analei added again with a laugh, thinking of Kingsley and Diana, knowing they definitely could be better. "But it has prepared us for stepping out into this world. These seven years, our Professors, our friends, and every person sitting around you has made us who we are today. And I want to thank you all for making this the most unforgettable, most beautiful and amazing journey. When we think back to Hogwarts, I hope our memories are filled with love and laughter, with knowledge and with wisdom. And as we step out into the real world, I know that we can cling to the fact that Hogwarts has done everything to prepare us for our future, and to not let us fall through the cracks. Thank you, class of twenty-fifty-two, and remember this is not the end, this is the beginning. There are far better things ahead of us than anything we leave behind." Analei finished and stepped back for Zennon, tears brimming in her eyes.

There were a lot of things that Zennon had never thought would happen in his life and, of all of them, being Head Boy was probably the biggest one for him. It wasn't really all about how much his life had changed since he was a first year, though it had, but as to how much of it he had actively tried to change. He'd always thought he would just keep his head down and do what was required to get through all of it and yet here he was now, Head Boy and everyone knew he was a Parselmouth. All the secrets, all the lies he'd told in his youth had brought him, somehow, to this day and he was still trying to figure out what it all might mean. There was a nervous ripple about the room, everyone excited and nervous for what was to come and he found himself seeking the comfort of his best friend and partner, Analei. She'd done so much for him throughout the year and he knew deeply, that without her help he would have had a very different experience both as Head Boy and as a seventh year. He'd always relied on Analei, but she'd proven time and again that she was someone he loved and admired or her courage and kindness, as well as her willing ability to slap him in the head when he was being too self-hating and loathing all around him. There had been moments in the last few months when his decision to return to school had caused him a lot of mental anguish, but spending a few moments with Analei and discussing their future and just random daily things, always managed to bring him great comfort. He'd never realised how much he'd relied on his best friend and he was more than a little sad that they would not see as much of each other after all of this, though he was determined not to let this be the end of their tight friendship.​

The Headmistress finished up her words and Analei squeezed his hand as she went first. Zennon held onto her just a little bit longer than necessary, giving her as much of his support as he could as he listened to what she had to say, his eyes watching her every move. He didn't care about the students that sat before them, though he did allow himself to glance across the crowd for faces he knew well. All of his attention was focused solely on Analei and he couldn't help the proud little smile that slipped up onto his face as she started her speech. For the last two years he'd done all that he could to make up for being so distant from her and though he wasn't sure he'd quite managed to do so, he was proud of what they had accomplished together and hoped they could do more together in the future, though there was still so much left that he knew he now had to do on his own. At that thought, his head turned slightly to glimpse Sam, the sight of her making him smile a little more. They had a long road ahead of them, but he knew that they could do it together. He turned back to Analei as she laughed and he covered his mouth to hide his own laugh, not wanting to draw her attention to him as she continued. As she finished up, Zennon couldn't stop himself from pulling her into a quick hug and whispering softly in her ear, "I'm so proud of you," before moving to the place she'd just vacated. He looked at her again and laughed lightly, "In my first year, someone I didn't know would become such a huge part of my life, promised me that she would help me go down the path of destruction and detentions to keep me from being in any sort of positions of power... all I have to say to that, is that she lied and it clearly didn't work, because here I am." Zennon shook his head and turned back to the sea of people. There were so many. "There have been a lot of things in my seven years here, that have managed to change my entire perspective on the world, and my life in general. Friendships, magic, family and I owe all of it to everyone in this room. I don't think any of us could ever say that we're the same person we were seven years ago, though I'm sure there are some things we would wish to change," his mind flashed to Elsie at the words, and he shook his head to recover from the painful memories. "As my partner said, the people in this room have made us who we are today and I know I can attribute most of my current confidence to two people in this room, and one who is unfortunately not in attendance." Zennon had missed Professor Pendleton since he'd left and had almost invited him to the graduation, but knew that both Rowan and Grace would want to attend as well and was unable to do so. "We've all grown so much, and I know each one of us will be more than just a cliff note in someone else's story, whether you become a popular chapter, or an entire story arc, you'll have changed someone's life. Be it for better or worse though, that's up to you." Zennon knew there was a lot he wanted to say, but he thought keeping it short and sweet would be the easiest and safest option for keeping dry-eyed. "If I have to give you any parting words of advice or wisdom, take these, given to me by a very wise professor, live your life the best you can and don't let others push you into a mould they assume you're supposed to be in," he was paraphrasing a little, but he'd learned a lot from Professor Ward and it had become something of a long series of life mottos he was going to try and live by. "We're all just as important as each other, and when we finally understand that, we'll see how strong we really are." Zennon nodded and stepped away from the podium, turning to grin at Analei. They'd done it, finally, actually done it. And it felt amazing.​

Last edited:
Katherine stood quietly to the side as the two head students gave their speeches, applauding each in turn as they finished and stepped down from the podium to make their way back to their seats. It was heartwarming to hear. With all said and done, the Headmistress took their place once more to address the hall. "Thank you, Miss Louw and Mr Baros, for those words. To the class of twenty-fifty-two - the future is yours - don't be afraid to leave your mark in the history of wizardkind. I look forward to seeing what each of you bring to the wizarding world. Now, let's move on to why we're all here. When I call your name, come up to the stage to receive your diploma." The woman said, taking a moment to look across the sea of faces in front of her, many for the last time. Her eyes dropped to the parchment she held, and she called up the first of many names.

OOCOut of Character:
It's time Graduates. You can now RP your character coming on stage, getting their diploma and then sitting back down until the end of the ceremony.

Willow was looking forward to graduation. or rather looking forward to getting out of the school. looking forward to the end of the semester it had been a semester from hell. she had had such high hopes of glory when the year had started but now she felt like hiding. it was reflected somewhat in her hair that had always been bright was now orange with blue streaks in it. while not natural it was more muted than usual. she had dressed in a nice sparkly black dress which coupled with her heels showed off her toned legs. Before she made her way to the great hall where she met her parents. "Hey mum, hey dad" she said giving them both a hug before she found her place among the graduates as @Briar Rowan-Cullen and @Dederick Cullen. found their seats with the guests. she listened as analei and zennon gave their speeches. there was still part of her that resented analei for being head girl. she had tried to be friends with the girl, to be pleased for her achievements but she still felt bitter that she should be up there. it wasn't even as though she would never see her again they both wanted the same job. and the only reason they wouldn't end up working together would be because she had not been good enough. that she would have to follow plan b. both the speeches were good.
she thought back to where she had been the first time she had entered the hall. she couldn't think of what she had hoped to achieve when she had been here. she realised that first-year willow would still be proud of seventh-year willow. which made her feel slightly better about her self. she did smile at the thought of her future plans. the first-year willow would have been shocked at the thought that she was working so hard for a ministry job, following mum. but Aurors were cool so it wasn't as bad as it wasn't what she had expected. she looked around the group. the people she had grown with. she looked at @Noelle Maxwell her ex-boyfriend, her only ex. it had been him who had suggested an auror as a potential career path for her. She looked at @Mazikeen Roe, her one of her best friends, especially this year. @Jacob Kingsley, another good friend of hers, while they didn't hang out much it was the kind of friendship that came from playing alongside each other for years on the quidditch pitch. sapphire who she was grateful for becoming friends with noelle after they had broken up. @Diana Holland the girl who always seemed to know exactly how to annoy her.
she listened as the names were called. it like a reverse of sorting. and like sorting she was near the start as a cullen. She got up and made her way across the stage. she took her award and shook the headmistress's hand. "thank you for everything you have done to make everyhiring so enjoyable" she said. trying to sound sincere even though she really didn't mean it at all. she was glad that she would be away from school soon. as much as she blamed analei for her bitterness it was the headmistress who really had had the power. it was just easier to blame the hufflepuff. She returned to her seat clapping as each of her friends, aquatences and those she disliked crossed the stage.
once the graduation was over she hugged and congratulated her classmates before making her way to her parents and @Professor Madlyn Ateara happr to be celebrating with her family as well as friends.

Sapphire was not prepared for this. Not even a little bit. She wasn't wearing a dress like everyone else seemed to be, instead, she had opted for something more comfortable to sit in. She did look good though, which was something, she supposed. She was too distracted to really care how she looked, though. She was leaving. So much had changed in seven years. She had made friends and lost friends, became a captain of the quidditch team. A beater. Found a family. She had watched Liam and Leda leave and hadn't thought of when she would leave herself. She hugged her brother and her uncle, staying close to them for a few minutes before moving up with the graduates. She watched @Zennon Baros with his speech and gave him an encouraging smile as he turned around again. Not like he'd need it from her, but she gave it to him all the same.

She waited for her name to be called, watching the others while she thought about her life here. She thought about her friendly rivalry with @Jacob Kingsley, her joking friendship with @Derek Tahana, her sibling relationship with @Mordred Cavanaugh. She looked around for @Emilia Manning and gave her a reassuring wink, before flashing a grin to @Diana Holland. She scanned the crowd for Chrysander and was a bit disappointed when she didn't see him, but she was pleased at the same time that it meant Onyx wouldn't have seen him either.

She clapped with the others as they were all called up. She met @Noelle Maxwell's eyes as he stood, giving him a warm smile for the first time in a while. She had avoided him since the valentine's dance, afraid of what would happen if she had allowed herself to stay close to him when he was still in love with someone else. Eventually, they called her name, and after shooting a glance at @Arcturus Rabson and Kira, she walked up to get her award and shake the headmistresses' hand. "Thanks for everything," She murmured.

After graduation had ended, Sapphire said her goodbyes to a lot of her friends, hugging Jake and kissing Zennon on the cheek, holding Mo tight and whispering reassurances that she would come see him over his break. After making the rounds to say goodbye to the rest of her friends, Sapphire walked down to her brother and her uncle, unsurprised and laughing as Onyx immediately attached to her side.

Last edited:
Kira had so many fashion designers in her life that she knew if she didn't look her best while up here, she would be questioned and fretted over and just generally bothered by her sister and her brother-in-law. She hoped Arc was enjoying the dress at least, as she smoothed out the hem of it again. She would really need to talk to Tyra about how short these things were. She smiled as she listened to Analei and Zennon speak. They made a good team, at least. She shot a look to Arc, smiling warmly at him, and trying not to laugh at the balloons she saw in the crowd that were obviously @Jason Gates's doing.

She watched the crowd moving, thinking over her life at school. Things hadn't really gone as she had hoped they would, or how she had planned. But wasn't that life? She had been engaged to a boy with a terrible family, and it had driven them apart, and she had found a lost love that had slowly changed her life and helped her find certainty. She had found friendship and solidarity with @Selene Le Fey, and an unlikely friendship with @Derek Tahana that always brought a smile to her face. And she couldn't help but hope maybe someday her path would cross with @Lavinia Benivieni's again, and they could be friends after school had ended. She looked out to the crowd, smiling as she saw Onyx. She wished he could be up here with them, but she knew she would hug him anyway, whether it was now or later at the party they were throwing for the four of them at the Inn.

When it was finally her turn- one of the last to be called, of course, she stood, walking over to the headmistress with a warm smile and a soft thank you before turning and walking away. She needed to go and hug her sister, and hope that the party went well.

It was difficult to believe that this was actually here. She would be graduating. She had always half believed that this day wouldn’t come that she’d just be back year after year for school, but she wasn’t going to be. This was it. She was nervous about graduating, just the world that it opened for her, but she thought it was going to be good to get out there. She walked into the hall and had found her spot in amongst her peers. She glanced back to where she could easily spot her parents. She knew it would be good to have them here. There was no one else that she’d want here, or no one that easily sprung to mind, with limited invites she didn’t want to using them on others but her own family. Maze glanced back to the front. It was all so formal, she was dress so formal. The house decorations were all gone and she could guess that this was the beginning of them being entirely stripped back to functional adults who didn’t need a house. She thought it was funny that they started and ended school as devoid of their house that was so much of them while at it. She didn’t mind it. She’d never forget her gryffindor girls. She had made some life long friends amongst them. She’d always be grateful to them. The head mistress stepped forward first and introduced the invite, quickly followed by the head girl. She was listening along vaguely, thinking about what she might’ve said, what anyone else would’ve said. She wasn’t sure she would’ve put it as well as others did.
Mazikeen applauded for the speeches, feeling a strong kinship to the girl’s words than Zennon’s but really that was perhaps because she hadn’t known Zennon all that much. He hadn’t been in the same circles as her really. She didn’t think it was a huge loss and there wasn’t anything that could be done about it now, it was too late. If she got to know him now, it would come too after the speech. She looked to the professors who’d taught them and smiled, she’d missed most of them. She’d see Professor Summers over the coming weeks since she was determined to pick up shifts at the shop. Though she couldn’t wait to hang out with her parents as a fully legally and graduated witch, earning money and being able to move out was as soon as she could. Mazikeen watched as students before her began crossing the stage, she applauded for them, cheering loudly for Willow and for Athena. As they did so, and all too soon, her name was called. She stepped across the stage and accepted the diploma, thanking the headmistress with a wide smile. It was a moment over so quickly, she wondered if her sorting had been as quick as this had been. But that was it, she’d done it. All seven years. All of it, it was over.

Derek was looking forward to this, with a few things lined up, he was fully ready to leave Hogwarts and likely never look back. Of course there would be plenty that he’d look back on with a smile, plenty of good things had happened to him, he’d made plenty friends had good experiences between these walls of the school but he was looking forward to his life outside of it, of being able to go out and just enjoy himself. He couldn’t wait to begin his life outside of school with Athena. He couldn’t wait to not have to revise and study. He couldn’t wait to be able to just go out and have fun. It was going to be good to say goodbye to so many elements that was school life. The slytherin had invited his mother and his dad, he knew his little brother, his step father and his grandfather were all disappointed to not be there, but he thought it would be better if it was just them two. He did intend for Athena to meet them, and it would be better if it was just his parents, that his parents and then a few others. Derek didn’t have time to find them but he told Athena to hold off before leaving so that he could introduce her to them after.
The ceremony got underway and Derek looked up at the headmistress. He listened vaguely to the speeches, but he didn’t really care about either or. To him it was just the last thing they had to sit through before they were able to leave. He didn’t really think they could say anything deeply profound enough to grab his attention so he was just happy to listen along and vaguely clap for them both but not really care about what exactly had been said. Eventually the speeches wrapped up and the procession begun. He watched, much like with sorting, as student after student went before him. He applauded for everyone, maybe being a bit louder for the people he knew like Athena, Sapph and Kira. He applauded for Emilia too, despite all of their problems he was still happy for her in this graduation moment. Eventually his name was called out and he heard is dad’s cheering as he made his way across the stage and accepted the diploma from the head mistress. With that he was done, could just clap for the rest of the students and then drag athena to meet his family and then it was all over.

Even as she headed into the Great Hall, Emilia felt like she didn't belong here. She didn't feel ready to graduate, but there was nothing to be done about it. At least she was able to graduate, a part of her had been a little worried about her grades. But she had passed everything, and now she was here. Her final year hadn't been as glamorous as she had hoped, but it hadn't been bad either. And while she was mostly nervous and feeling slightly sick, Emilia also felt a sense of pride. She'd done it somehow, she had made it. The only problem was that she wasn't entirely sure about her next steps yet, and so many of her classmates seemed way more ready to take on the world.

Emilia was fidgeting with her handbag as she listened to Professor Alicastell speak. She clapped as Analei took the stage, smiling proudly at her friend. Her speech was beautiful, and Emilia applauded when she was done. She didn't know the head boy that well, but she listened to his speech as well. He had a lot to say, and Emilia thought he had put a lot of thought into it. Then it was time to accept their diplomas, which was very strange. Emilia watched as her classmates headed up to the stage one by one, waiting for her turn. She clapped for everyone of them, even Athena and Derek. When it was her turn, Emilia felt her heart beating in her throat as she stepped up to the stage. Her hands shook as she received her diploma, and she muttered a thanks so quietly she doubted Professor Alicastell had really heard it. She took her seat again after she was done, and watched the rest of the ceremony with a numb feeling. It was really over now, which was impossible to believe.

While there was some sadness mixed in with her emotions, Diana mostly felt relief as she headed into the great hall for the graduation ceremony. If she was honest, she was pretty much done with this place. Her final year at Hogwarts had been a disappointment, and she was ready to move on. She had clearly outgrown this place. Diana wasn't entirely sure yet what she was going to do next, but she knew it would be amazing. She glanced at her classmates, satisfied with the realisation that she would barely miss any of them. She'd be glad never to see Jacob again, and the same went for Willow and Analei. The only person she still considered a friend was Sapphire, and she returned the other Slytherin's smile.

Then she looked at the stage where the headmistress spoke to them all. It was likely the exact same speech she gave every year, and Diana didn't so much as smile. She didn't think the woman meant any of this. Then it was Analei's turn, and her speech was so cheesy that Diana couldn't help a small laugh. She hoped the girl heard it. Zennon's speech was no less sentimental, and Diana rolled her eyes more than once while he was speaking, pointedly checking her watch as well. He really did like the sound of his own voice, didn't he? Diana then waited for her name to be called. When it did, she walked up to the stage confidently and accepted her diploma without a word to Professor Alicastell. She had done nothing for Diana, so why should she thank her? She paused on stage for a moment, happy to soak in the attention. Then she walked back to her seat. Hopefully the rest of this wouldn't take too long.

Had seven years really already past the Hufflepuff by? It felt like yesterday that Maggie was attending her brothers graduation in Scotland, and now Chaser was here watching her as she and her classmates received their diplomas. She hadn't grown close to many at her time at school, although as she sat beside Ro nervously, Maggie was prouder than ever of how far she'd come and the bonds she had made. As Zennon and Analai gave their speeches, she listened carefully, clapping after each one. Maggie admired them, although she'd never really come to know them very well, despite sharing a dorm with the Head Girl. Once her name was called, Maggie stepped up towards the stage with a smile on her face, trying not to worry too much about the number of people looking her way, and realising that Pippa was probably going to be much more elegant than Maggie would ever be in the limelight. She thanked the professor before returning to her seat, smiling at her brother and watching the rest of the seventh years as they received their rewards.

Taerin had watched all four of her elder siblings come and go through the school, until the Ravenclaw had been left once again by herself until this moment. She hadn't wanted any of her family to come though, her parents were busy, her oldest sisters were busy with their children, and Isaac and Soonkyu no doubt had more on their plate to do than attend their baby sisters graduation. Taerin instead for the most part was used to doing things by herself, and really she enjoyed it that way. There were less questions, and it was easier to get what you wanted when no one considered you to be a trouble maker. She was looking forward to being able to see Neven again too, and knew she was going to do everything she could not to be undermined or underestimated by anyone once she'd left the safety of the castle. As her name was called, the blonde moved across the stage towards the Headmistress, taking her diploma and making very little effort to look at any of her classmates. There wasn't one that she would continue to talk to outside of school, and while she'd managed to get into drama with a few of them over the years, she was growing up much too quickly to be worrying herself about that now. Taking her seat once more, she sat tall in her chair and waited for the ceremony to be concluded.

Things were changing quickly for Maggy Harrington. Soon she would be starting a new job and moving out from her parent's home on the southern island here in New Zealand, moving up to a city. She did not know what was there in the future for herself but she hoped something great. Her love future seemed set for now with Acacia, but she couldn't help but feel as though there might be another adventure out in the world for her to do with love. She hadn't voiced those thoughts to her girlfriend as of yet, wondering if they might end up going different ways after graduation. She hoped not, but she wasn't closing herself into the corner of being with her school sweetheart her entire life either. Maggy took a seat looking up at the front as The Headmistress spoke and then Head Girl and Boy. She wished the titles weren't girl and boy, it seemed so belittling of the two calling them boy and girl as 7th years. She rolled her eyes lightly at the talk about being proud of everyone and etc. She hardly spoke to either of these people and didn't want to sit her much longer waiting for their long speeches to be over. Once her name was called Maggy headed up to the stage trying her hardest to ignore her mother sitting there with tears in her eyes. It was a bit embarrassing having a mother at the front and in tears but she did appreciate her mother for having been at the school whenever she needed the help. She took her diploma and smiled towards the crowd before heading back to her seat for the rest of her class to take their turn. Her father was in the crowd and it was almost weird seeing him at the school.

Being here today almost didn't feel real. Acacia remembered long ago as an angry child deciding that she was going to drop out just before graduation, just to spite her parents. Now, though... that would feel silly. She had come so far here, and she wanted the chance to say goodbye to her classmates properly. Her parents were very pointedly not in attendance, and Acacia was over the moon to have the people who actually supported her here today instead. Cedar and Jeong had taken her in when it became clear her parents would never care about her as a person, and it was a relief to have them here today, supporting not the person her parents wanted her to be, but the person she was.

Acacia never really had the patience for speeches, but she was excited to hear the head girl. Even though Analei wasn't her closest friend, Acacia had always loved the time they spent together, and knew Analei would always hold a special place in her heart. The speech was touching, and she applauded loudly, cheering for her friend when it was over. She had never really known the head boy, so she wound up tuning his speech out, only paying attention when names started to be called. Being right at the start of the alphabet had its advantages, and Acacia hopped up quickly when she was called, unable to help the beaming grin on her face as she made her way onto the stage. As mixed as her feelings still were about graduating, she couldn't help the rush of pride as she took the certificate from the headmistress, shaking the woman's hand with a smile. Even if this was exactly what her parents had wanted from her, she had done it on her own terms, not theirs. With the certificate in her hand she returned to her seat, waving quickly at Cedar before she sat down, grinning with pride. Now it was time to start her own life, her own way.

Anastasie had been slightly nervous leading up to her graduation ceremony. She had attended the one last year for Patrick and so knew what to expect, but this time it felt very different heading into the Great Hall in her graduation gown. This was her turn to graduate and the last time she would see most of these people's faces. What she had known for seven years straight would be gone and her life would be so different once she received her diploma, and she wasn't sure whether or not the thought of this made her happy or scared. As Ana took her seat she noticed all of her family in the crowd: her mother, her step-father, Patrick, Isabelle, Lucie and Louis. To think the twins would be attending next year was slightly frightening, and even more frightening than the fact she would be having to go out into the real world. The twins were babies not so long ago and they were finally growing up.

As the Head People made their speeches, Anastasie admittedly didn't really care to listen. It was exactly the same thing as last time. They were simply just telling everyone good luck and recounting on the amazing time they have had at Hogwarts making very good friends. Ana hadn't made a single friend in her whole time there. Some people she had acquainted, but she had never really made an actual friend yet, and it was the thing that had upset her the most about leaving. She had missed that opportunity and now everyone would be too busy to meet someone new and befriend them. This was all she thought about as the Head People spoke, and when the Headmistress began talking again, Ana pushed this thought to the back of her head as she sat up straighter in her seat, waiting for her name to be called as the Headmistress went through the list. It took some time, but eventually Ana heard her name. Confidently, Ana stood up, flicking her long hair behind her shoulder as she accepted the diploma, smiling at the Headmistress and shaking her hand. She then made her way back to her seat and looked over to her mother who was smiling brightly, very happy to see her eldest daughter graduating.

Gwen had been waiting for this moment ever since she started Hogwarts in her first year. She had always wanted to grow up and leave school and no longer be treated like a child. She wasn't sure where it would take her, she would figure that out as she went, but she was just glad to finally be able to do that once she received her diploma. The teen was beaming with excitement as she entered the Great Hall for her graduation, smiling around at all of the guests and just so happy to be there in that moment. The only other time she had attended a gradutation ceremony was to see her cousin graduate, but it definitely wasn't as special as this moment. Gwen looked over at her family as she took her seat. Her mothers were waving at her and she waved at them back. It was just such a surreal moment to her.

The head people began speaking, and Gwen listened particularly to Zennon's speech. He spoke about how people could change people's lives and Gwen agreed with it very much. Zennon had changed Gwen's life and made her believe that she could really be a good friend and a good partner. He was the coolest person she had ever met and she hoped that the pair of them would still be able to be friends once they left school, even with his new lifestyle as a father now. The Headmistress began calling out everyone's names and Gwen stood up quickly when she heard hers, almost running over to collect her diploma. She couldn't believe she had done it and finally graduated, which she had been working towards for so long. It was the most amazing feeling ever and she was looking very forward to seeing where her life would take her now.

A year ago, Sam could never have imagined to be where she was right now. All the things that had happened to her since then, both the bad and the good, had shaped her into a different person. Not bad different, she'd realised that it was all for the best in the end, although she definitely could have done without much of the drama. It was her final year at Hogwarts and despite her lifelong detailed plan about her future, she knew that she wouldn't change a thing about it now. As she entered the great hall with her classmates, Sam instinctively looked around in the audience to see if she could spot her siblings, and most importantly, her son. She wasn't sure if Zennon had decided to leave him at home with someone so as not to disturb the ceremony, considering Finley was still so very young, but when the audience was hushed and the headmistress took her place on the podium, Sam resigned to look for her guests and instead faced the front. It wasn't long before her doppelgänger went up to the podium, followed by Zennon. Until now, due to everything that had happened this year, it hadn't actually hit her that they were leaving. After today, they were going to be alumni.

Sam sighed. These past seven years at school seemed to have flown by and the slytherin felt as though a heavy weight had been lifted off her shoulders. Listening to Analei and Zennon's speeches made Sam feel a mix of emotions. She had to stifle a soft chuckle at Zennon's opening sentence, it certainly hadn't been that way. She knew what he was referring to, and wanted to comfort him again though she knew she couldn't. Well, not until this was all over at least. She pondered over the last part of his speech, about not letting others mould you into something else, and Sam nodded in agreement, mostly to herself. She had to close her eyes briefly and open them again to prevent herself from crying. Tears of joy or otherwise. When her name was called to receive her diploma, Sam stood up and went to the stage. She shook Professor Alicastell's hand. "Thank you, these seven years have been the highlight of my life," she said politely with a smile, before she took the diploma and returned to her seat. The ceremony was over before she knew it, and figured that Zennon probably wanted to say goodbye to many more people than Sam needed to, she went to find her own friends, not quite ready to give a farewell to this place just yet.

Noelle never thought this day would come but it sure did. With @Yvette Maxwell next to him, he was glad he was done with school. He had decided to pursue university to study botany and probably teach either Muggles or wizards. The ceremony began and watched as each of his classmates got on stage to receive their diploma. He gave @Willow Cullen a soft smile when it was her turn. He was hoping they could talk before they all left the school for good. He was just glad his ex-girlfriend was one step closer to her dream. It was finally his turn. After a quick hug to his twin, he made his way to the front. He gave the headmistress a polite smile before scanning the crowd. He met @Sapphire Michaels's eyes and was glad that she smiled. At him. He comically wave at him before he slowly went down. He wondered whether @Alexis Kramer and @Joshua Toubia were around. @Caelan Maxwell too. Although, he wanted to talk to Willow first then Sapphire to clear the air between them.

Jacob fidgeted with his suit as he listened to the speeches that were delivered. He hated to admit it but Analei had delivered a pretty darn good speech, and he'd even clapped as she'd finished, only partly because he no longer had to hear her annoying voice. Zennon's speech touched him as well, the whole bit about being a chapter in someone's life. Jacob found himself pondering that, wondering if he and Zennon fell into that category or if their friendship would regain its strength. Looking around, there were so many people whom he didn't know if he'd see again, some he hoped to not, and some he was sure would remain a part of his life in some manner. Jacob was eager to leave school work behind but nervous about what lay ahead. His career choice was fraught with danger if he made it into the training program and filled with indecision if he didn't. The next few weeks would prove to be a major turning point in his life.

As he heard his name, Jacob strode across the stage confidently. He reached for his diploma, shaking the Headmistress's hand and thanking her. With the piece of parchment, it was official. He'd survived seven years of Styx, boring lessons, exciting lessons, Pendleton, having his mother as his Head of House, bludger hits, quidditch triumphs and defeats, team practices and meetings, heartaches, love, and friendships. All of those memories washed over him. Jacob tried to look for his parents and Noah, but he couldn't see them amid the sea of faces. He could only hope he'd made them proud.

Jemma Potter sat in the Great Hall next to her cousin as she listened to the graduation speeches which were fairly decent this year. She had chosen an outfit that she knew her mother, and probably her aunt and uncle, would disapprove of, but her mother wasn't there. In fact, Jemma didn't invite anyone to watch her graduate. Lyra was busy with her children, and Link was in England playing Quidditch. Her grandmother, aunt, uncle, and cousin were in the crowd, so that was enough for her.

Jemma stood up and made her way to the stage as her name was called. Seven long years she had spent in this building, not particularly invested in her course work. She had briefly considered dropping out like Link, but she knew her mother wouldn't have approved. Kiera's approval still meant something to her, but she was really looking forward to the next step in life with more freedom. She accepted the diploma and shook the hand with a grin on her face. She sat back down next to Jake. "Thank god that's over." she whispered.

Gwen couldn't believe the day of her graduation had finally arrived and she would soon be moving on with her life. She sat in the Great hall and listened to the speeches from the head boy and girl and during them she looked around to see if she could catch her brothers eye and smiled at him. When the speeches were over and students began to be called up to the stage Gwen waited until it was her turn then she made her way up to the stage to accept the diploma and quickly moved on so she could return to her seat to see out the rest of the ceremony.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back