What Do You Listen to While Writing/Roleplaying?

Archie Renner

🦁 Gryffindor | Father 🌈

OOC First Name
Anna
Blood Status
Unknown
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Homosexual
Wand
Straight 12 Inch Flexible Ash Wand with Phoenix Tail Feather Core
Hey folks,

Posting this here because I recently remembered a topic in Kris' thread Burn Out and Writing Tips where some of us (I was one of them :p ) mentioned the music we listen to while writing to help us feel inspired.

I realized it could be really fun to talk about this more specifically, and share what music we like to listen to when we write for HNZ, whether it is a general genre/style of music or if we have a specific playlist or artist, etc that we like to listen to when we write a specific character, or for a specific mood in a roleplay. Basically to share what we listen to and why and see if this can inspire others!

I am also just super curious about what everyone listens to when they write, if at all and why :p

I tend to listen to video game soundtracks as these don't have words in them and it makes me happy and inspired to write. I started with the FFX soundtrack (this is top tier) and I've dabbled in listening to the FFXV and FFVII (and crisis core) soundtracks depending on my mood. I also listen to the Kingdom Hearts soundtrack often and I went through a phase of only listening to the music from Undertale, there's a theme here =))

Currently I have been listening to Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy lofi remixes, and this isn't much of a change to my usual choices but it has surprised me in a good way because I did not think I was a lofi girlie, but here I am, a lofi girlie!!

So, what music do you listen to while writing and roleplaying? Is there any music that helps you write a character, or any specific mood you choose for music when writing? Do you listen to podcasts or something entirely different? Please share!!

Ohhh this is a fun question!

My music taste is broad and varied in the extreme, so it largely depends on my mood at the time. I don't have specific writing playlists or anything like that, though I do tend to lean towards classical when my mind is too busy. I also have a playlist that's just music I had on my ipod when I was 13-17 and it often puts me right in the creative mood because it pulls me back to the old days when things flowed much easier :p

I'll go between different playlists/songs depending on my vibe. But I also largely write in silence. I get easily distracted by music when writing, so unless the song/music is like inspiring my specifically, I will sit in silence.

I have tried to write with lofi, but even then xD

Ooohh!! Love music related threads!!

For me personally, i’m always listening to music while I rp. It helps me focus a lot and gets me in the zone, I honestly don’t like silence, i always like to have music on me (Explains the many minutes of music i listen to on my spotify wrapped every year lol!) But anyways, yesss i listen to music while i rp! I don’t have anything specific, usually depends on what I am in the mood for, but i usually just listen to my favourite artists hehe!

I always listen to movie or other soundtracks usually. Mostly game of thrones, the crown or others. And sometimes one reminds me or I find fitting for one of my characters. Only with lessons I don't like music if I need to focus very well.

ooooh this is interesting- I do have an ultimate playlist I'm always adding to, that has basically everything, though its broken down into favorites, though thats really just songs I can never seem to skip, and my current absolute favorites, which is what I have on repeat right now. Sadly, though, I don't usually listen to music when I rp- I've been going through this phase of just scrolling down my youtube and playing videos in order- usually karen videos or true crime stories (though I tend to avoid anything longer than 45 minutes) and will put on music mixes for drawing and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back