Blood Status
Mixed Blood
Relationship Status
Engaged
Sexual Orientation
Straight (Elliot)
Wand
Curly 13 1/2 Inch Sturdy Mahogany Wand with Unicorn Hair Core
Alice always enjoyed the first few days after break, but she knew that in the Wild Patch club it meant the plants needed extra taking care of. So on a free afternoon, Alice decided to do some weeding and other general upkeep in the garden. She wasn't in charge of the club, but it was something they all cared for together. She also just loved being here, it was very relaxing. The girl hummed softly to herself as she started trimming dead leaves of a few of the plants, her thoughts drifting.

The holiday had been nice, but as always, her mother had been very busy. She felt like her schedule hadn't really eased up since she started running for minister, and she felt like the strain was visible on her mother. She worried about her sometimes, but knew that she would insist she was fine if Alice pressed the issue. It had been nice to see her older sisters again, though. Alice smiled a bit at the memory of Phoebe boasting about her new job while being extremely mysterious and superior about it. It had driven Diana mad, and it had been pretty amusing. Alice felt a wave of melancholy as she remembered that Diana would soon graduate. Next year, she really would be the only one of her sisters left at the school. It made her feel sad, and she sighed.

It was always strange coming back to school after he'd spent the holidays back home in the US. The sudden shift from cold dark winter to long summer days again. Elliot had spent a lot of the break studying up on bees, figuring they'd need a little TLC with no one with the school staff to keep an eye on them. He was pretty sure he'd learnt a good repelling charm to stop them from stinging him if he was careful too, and had decided to make his way down to the wild patch to check on things.

He paused near the greenhouse door, turning at the sound of soft humming and smiling when he spotted Alice already taking care of some of the weeds that had sprouted up over break. Elliot lingered near the greenhouse, feeling the same funny twisty feeling he'd felt in his gut as he had back at the Yule Ball last semester. Alice had always been around to help him, even since first year, but something about that night had made Elliot's fondness for her feel suddenly a lot more complicated. Brushing a hand through his hair, Elliot shook his head, making his way over to Alice and clicking his tongue in appreciation. "I can't believe you beat me to this, and I'm one of the club leaders," He said with a smile, trying to shove down the strange nervousness he'd never had talking to Alice before.

Alice had been absorbed in her work, and hadn't noticed Elliot's presence until he was right behind her. She felt herself jump a bit, her heart starting to beat faster. It was a silly reaction, and she hoped he hadn't noticed. She looked up at where she was pulling weeds from the ground, using her arm to wipe at her forehead, as she was wearing gloves. "I don't think weeding is a duty for a fancy club leader." She said with a slight grin. "You have us common folk to help you with that." She met his gaze to show she didn't mean it, then got to her feet. "It's relaxing, for me." She admitted. "That's why I'm here." She gestured to the plants all around. "My dad's an Herbologist, did I ever tell you that? So I kind of grew up with all this around me." She took off one of her gloves so she could tuck some of her hair behind her ear. "But I didn't mess with the bees, I don't really know enough about them to dare." She admitted. "I do think it's a really great idea, though." She added. "You're doing great with the club. You and William, I mean." She made a show of looking around again, not in the least because of the strange nervousness she felt as she looked at Elliot. It was so easy to remember him as the nervous first year she had helped out, but he really wasn't that kid anymore. He'd grown up, and somehow Alice couldn't stop noticing it. "It also helps to have a connection with club leadership with all the roses we'll need soon." She said with a slight smile, finding it easier to joke around than to linger on those thoughts. "The Valentine's event seems to grow more popular every year."

Elliot ducked his head and laughed as Alice teased him, glancing away and down at the flower patch she'd been working on. "I'm not sure 'fancy' is the right word," He said, resisting the urge to say something stupid about how Alice was far from common. He had no delusions about how weird that would probably come out. "It relaxes me too, though I guess less so now that I'm in charge too," He admitted, scratching absently at his cheek as Alice got to her feet.

"That sounds nice, the closest we ever got was a lil herb garden in the window box at my mom's," Elliot said, trying not to blush as Alice complimented him. Or well, him and William, he reminded himself. "Uh yeah, I'm actually here to check on the bees now. I think I've worked out a good spell to help calm and repel them- If you wanted to help I mean," He said, awkwardly stuffing his hands in his pockets before taking them back out again. He didn't want Alice to leave, but he didn't want her to stay around if the bees made her nervous. "I'm amazed at how you guys get rose giving to work every year. It's really impressive," He said softly, smiling at some of the nearby rose bushes before moving hesitantly over towards the bee-boxes.

Alice grinned a bit at Elliot. "Sure feels fancy to talk to the King of Flowers." She told him, giving him a fake curtsy with a small laugh. Her smile faded as Elliot admitted it was less relaxing since he was in charge. "If you ever need help with anything, I'd be happy to." She told him quietly. She was curious to hear more about Elliot's home life, but held herself back. They were here to talk about plants. "I could help out." She told him, an eagerness to her voice she hadn't quite intended. "I think the bees are a great idea, and you really seem to know what you're doing." She told him with a smile. "Just tell me how I can help out, and I'd be happy to." She said, glancing over at the bee-boxes. She grinned at his compliment. "Thanks! It's very rewarding." She told him, following him over to the bees. "I always love how happy it makes everyone." She glanced at him. "Are you... sending any pink ones?" She asked, hoping it sounded casual.

Elliot scratched at his cheek as Alice teased him, laughing at her curtsy and awkwardly returning it with a stilted bow. "Thanks, Alice, I appreciate it. William's been uh. Good, though," He said, trying to find a good word for working with William. He wasn't difficult or slacking or anything, but Elliot couldn't never shake the feeling like he just didn't get William. Or that William secretly hated him.

He was glad that the talk about checking on the bees hadn't scared Alice off. Elliot knew he had to check over them, but he hadn't wanted her to leave just yet, and he nodded happily. "It took a lot of reading to get even close to knowing what I'm doing," He said ducking his head before taking out his wand and quickly going over the spell with Alice just in case. "That's my favourite reason for helping deliver too," Elliot admitted, focused on making sure Alice had the wand movement right so he didn't have to look directly at her, though her next question made him glance over at her face quickly in surprise. "I uh. I hadn't thought about it much yet," He lied, glancing away, face warm. He always spent the time leading up to rose giving thinking way too hard about what to send and to whom. "Are-Are you going to?"

Alice nodded at Elliot's words. "You two seem like a good team." She said earnestly Alice didn't know much about William, but he was in her year and he had always seemed kind to her, even if he kind of kept to himself. Alice smiled as Elliot explained he'd had to do a lot of reading to prepare for the bees. "But you did all that, you learned a lot to give the Wild Patch something so cool." She told him. "I think that's really amazing." She followed Elliot's lead on the wand movement, glancing at him occasionally. As he seemed embarrassed by her question, Alice wondered if she shouldn't have asked it. But she had been curious. Alice took a deep breath. "I... think so." She said quietly, not looking at him as she focused on her wand. She knew her cheeks were pink, and wondered if Elliot could tell.

Elliot scratched his cheek, nodding in thanks as Alice complimented him and William. It had been nerve-wracking taking over the Wild Patch and Elliot had been grateful to have William there to help, even if he didn't know him very well. He was glad Alice at least thought they were doing a good job. "Thanks," He said, ducking his head and trying not blush even harder as Alice talked about the bees. "I was so ready for something to go wrong, even before we even had the bees. I'm glad they're doing well," He said, making sure Alice seemed ready with the spell before moving towards the boxes to check on them. The bees hummed contented and Elliot felt a little uneasy even though he knew they wouldn't mess with them as long as they were gentle, but it was still daunting to remove the top of the boxes.

He stilled a little as Alice said she was going to send a pink one, brain working over time. "Oh? Oh- uh. That's. That's good," Elliot said, clearing his throat as he stumbled over the words. Was Alice flirting with him? Elliot felt his stomach swoop. But, a little voice in his head reminded him, what if she wasn't? Maybe there was someone else, someone in her year even, that she was planning on sending it to. He couldn't just jump to conclusions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back