So you're my dad huh?

Keighla-Maria laughed and let him into the house. "Right, the bathroom is on the left in the hall, you can change there if you want. The suitcase can stay here and once you're done we can choose what work we'll start with." She smiled and directed him to the hall, the front door of the house lead into the kitchen.

" Right." nodded Seamus. He quickly took his suitcase and changed in the bathroom. He walked out of the bathroom and found Keighla. " I'm ready." He said smiling to her.

Keighla-Maria smiled and lead him outside. "Right, I managed to get half of it done during the day but there is still a lot to do. We have to clean out the pig pen, feed the chickens, harvest the second batch of the crops, Weed the rock garden and feed the fish. Which would you like to do first?" Luckily, she had done quite a lot today, more than half, so it was only the little chores left to do.

Seamus nodded, that didn't seem like a lot to do. " Hmm.. let's feed the chickens first." He said, it seemed like an easy task.

Keighla-Maria withheld the smile at his choice. "Okay, off we go then." She lead him out of the house and round a small path to the chicken pen. There was a bag of food hung outside and the chickens looked up as they arrived. "I've got to warn you, occasionally they don't like strangers so there is a chance they won't like you." She didn't feel the need to mention that would cause them to attack.

Seamus followed her to the chicken pen, chickens couldn't be that bad. " Alrighty." He said as he took the food in his hands. He felt the pecking at his legs, but Keighla said that it would be normal. He quickly spread the food around and walked back to get more. He did a repetition of this for the next five minutes. " I came out alive." He said laughing to her.

Keighal-Maria laughed as she watched him feed the chickens. They seemed to like him. "Yes, you did. They like you more than Zed." She smiled, the chickens hared her almost-ex-husband. "So, what's next? Weeding, fish, pig pens or the hard work?"

Seamus laughed, he was thankful for that. " How about the weeding?" He asked her, he was quite curious to find out what the hard work was. " What's the hard work?" He asked her.

Keighla-Maria smiled as they walked back along the path to the house again, where the rock garden was. "Picking the crops, I've done half of it already. If you're not up to it I can get Eddie to help me when he next comes back. He's started staying over at that girls' house." She still didn't know the name of the girl he had knocked up.

Keighla-Maria reached the rock garden, it was covered in weeds, and showed Seamus how to pull them before setting to the task. It was quite hard in the dark but she could manage. "He didn't tell you? Though I suppose he didn't have much time. He went and got a girl pregnant during a one night stand. He's sticking by her though and, it looks like he actually likes her as well. I have yet to meet her though, or be told her name even." She smiled and yanked out another weed, he would tell her when he was ready.

Seamus nodded and bent on his knees and pulled out weeds. " Really?" He said, he wouldn't think of Edward as a one night stand-ish boy. " I forgot, my daughter is getting married soon, would you like to attend with me?" He asked her before pulling out the last weed.

Keighla-Maria pulled another one and nodded. "Yeah, Eddie went through a stage before what happened with... What happened. He was a bit of a get around, even had a perminent room with a hotel." While she wished her middle son was still here, she was hapy with the effect it had had on Eddie. He had finally realised how much family meant. "That would be lovely. It would be wonderful to meet your family, all o those children." She laughed and proceeded with her chore.

Seamus nodded. " Oh I see." He pulled out another weed. " All of the children will be there." He said happily. " All seven of them." Seamus laughed and pulled out some more weeds.

Keighla-Maria smiled. "I still don't see how you can have seven children. " It would hurt like nothing else, not to mention all of the hard work with seven children to look after.

Seamus laughed. " Well, she wanted 3 and I wanted four, so it kinda made up." He laughed again. " It was totally fun." He grinned.

Keighla-Maria laughed and yanked up a tough weed. "So, who's the happy couple then?" She did think it was neccessary to know who's wedding it was she was going to. "This means I have to get something smart to wear." Keighla-Maria really didn't think it would be wise to show up in her trackies and boots.

Seamus laughed. " Well one wedding is my second youngest daughter, Caysi that ones in December and my oldest daughter's wedding is very soon." He nodded.

Keighla-Maria smiled. "Sounds lovely, they're both so close together. It's beautiful how they've found love." Keighla-Maria was a hopeless romantic and anyone who met her knew it. "So, I should probably learn our childrens' names if I'm going o be moving in with you." She grinned, it was wonderful of him to be offering. Of course she had her doubts, ex lovers living in one house, something was bound to happen. Or, at least, it was in the mind of a hopeless romantic.

Seamus laughed. " Well, starting from oldest to youngest there`s Daniel, Sandra and Alex they`re twins, Mark and Kevin who are twins too, then Caysi and Elise." He smiled, " Not to many." He laughed. " Trust me, Caysi`s head over heels for her guy, but she`s actually pregnant too." He smiled.

Keighla-Maria smiled. "So, Mark and Kevin are twins. Sandra and Alex are the other twins. Daniel is the oldest then Caysi and Elise are the youngest. Got it." She pulled up another weed and caught sight of her watch. They had been working for 3 hours somehow. "Wow, we've been working for a while now." She smiled up at him.

Seamus laughed. " Yup, that's all right." He smiled. " Have we? It hasn't felt like that." He laughed, still pulling out weeds.

Keighla-Maria smiled. "Yeah, three hours just about. Really doesn't seemlike it at all does it?" She smiled and yanked one more weed before taking off her gloves. "I say it's time for a coffee break. You agree?"

Seamus laughed. " Sure, that would be great right about now." He said pulling a weed out. " It doesn't feel like it at all." He laughed standing up.

Keighla-Maria smiled. "Come on then." She smiled and lead him to the house. Really, she did need a flash light by now, it being night time and all. She lead him through the door, leading straight into the kitchen, and gestured for him to sit down. "Tea? Coffee? Milk? Sugar?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back