So you're my dad huh?

Edward Newton

OOC First Name
Summer
Eddie stood outside the house, he was at the address his mother had given him yesturday. Since his brothers' departure, Eddie had been focused on his family. The whole experiance taught him family could disapear at any ime without any warning so he was making the most of it. So far he had outed to his family and contacted his last fling.

This was the final thing he could think to do. He had been brought up knowing Zed wasn't his real dad, well, he was seven when his mum married him. He had never really had a problem with not knowing who his father was until now. The whole family kick had reached out to his father aswell. He had asked his mum if she knew where he was and she had supplied him with an address.

Eddie walked up to the door and knocked. He waited for it to open, wondering what he should say. His mum had said that this guy, Seamus, hadn't even known she was pregnant when they split up so he had to be ready in case the guy wanted nothing to do with him. The last his mum had heard, Seamus had been married, that was when she had stopped keping tracks on him and moved on. H was drawn out of his thoughts as the door opened. "Um, Hi. I'm here to see a Mr Seamus Finnigan."

Caysi woke up with a really good feeling today, she didn't know why. This morning she was practicing her vows and the song that she was going to sing her wedding. She was spending the weekend away from Jason at her dad's house, since the divorce her dad was alone all the time she felt the need to be with her father. She was practicing her song for the wedding when she heard the door ring. She quickly went to open it. "Hi there, sure thing." She smiled. " DAD!" She called, well screamed for him. " Someones here for ya!" Her Irish accent very prominent. "I'm Caysi Finnigan by the way." She smiled.

Seamus heard his daughter yell for him, bloody hell.. Did she have to yell so loud? " Umm yes, hi I'm Seamus. " he said smiling.

Sorry I have to do it like this for now because I'm on my phone :)

((It's fine))

Eddie flinched when she yelled dad, mainly because that meant this girl was his sister, well, half-sister but sister non the less. "Umm, Hi. Eddie Newton." He couldn't help but freeze up when the man came down and introduced yourself. He stared for a second before finding his voice. "I'm Edward Newton." He took a deep breath. "Edward Stiffon-Newton." He hoped tht his mothers' maiden name, the one she had when she dated him, would let him know who he was or, at least, that he was his mothers' daughter and wated to know more.

Caysi smiled and left them to whatever they had to talk about.

Seamus smiled at the boy, he had one of his past lovers, whom he still had feelings for' last name. "Well, are you any relation to Kayleigh?" He asked the boy, he looked so much like her.

Eddie nodded and gulped. "She's my mum and, well, she told me you lived here." He fiddled with the belt loops on his jeans. This was harder and much more awkward than he thought it would be. "See, there's something you really should know." He took a deep breath but he couldn't say it. It was just three words, I'm your son. It really shouldn't be as hard as it was proving to be.

Seamus nodded, he knew that she knew where he lived. He wrote to her before but then she stoped replying back. "How is she?" He asked putting his hand behind his head. " Oh, alright tell me." He smiled at the boy.

Eddie took a huge breath. "Well, I'm twent-two." He paused for a second, letting the man realise that's how many years i had been since he had last been with Eddie's mother. "When, when you two split she, well, she found out she was, umm, pregnant." He paused waiting for the mans' reply. He hoped he would let him in, maybe talk to him for a bit instead of slam the door in his face but he couldn't blame him if he did.

Seamus nodded, it's been twenty two years since he'd seen her, even that was too long she was his first love. "Holy Merlin, wow I knew there was something about you, but I couldn't figure it out." He smiled. "Come inside, well the only family that's here today is Caysi, the rest well I don't know where they are but you have seven half siblings." He laughed. "I'm going to write to your mother soon enough." He laughed. "Well this is a great surprise."

Eddie grinned and sighed in relief and entered the house. It was nice, very different from his own but not many people lived on farms. "Seven more? That makes nine." He smiled before realising his mistake. "Eight." He took a breath before turning back to Seamus, his father. "I'm sure she'd like that. Though, maybe not just yet, I'm not sure it would help the situation with Zed." Of course, while he had suddenly realised the importance of family, his mother and his step dad had been having problems, there had been so much tension even Kristoph had picked up on it.

Seamus nodded. " 'Suppose your right." He smiled. " You just have to meet the rest, but Caysi is the main one, she's the one that you would probably see the most." He smiled. " Who is Zed?" He asked his son. " Do you have any siblings?" He asked Edward.

Eddie was unsure how he was meant to feel telling his dad about his mums' husband. "Zed is Mum's husband. They're going through a rough patch at the moment, everyone is." HE looked to the floor, sniffing and swollowing with his next question. "Yeah, I've got tw.. One brother. I did have two but, something happened." He wasn't sure whether or not he should tell Seamus about Zeke's death. It had only been a week and a half since the funeral after all.

Eddie took a deep breath. "MY younger brother, the older of the two, was found in bleak street." He choked on his words, holding back the tears and the images entering his mind of Zeke. "Zeke was, he was, impaled to, to, to the w, w, wall." He couldn't go on. He stopped and had to swallow the lump in his throat, the image of his brothers' ghostly white face entering his mind, the cold eyes staring at him.

Seamus was in shock. " Oh, I am so sorry." He said with remorse for his son. " I- I can't even imagine." He sighed. " I'm deeply sorry." He shook his head. " How's you mum... with.. that whole thing?" He asked.

Eddie shrugged. "The same way she deals with everything. Ignore it and it won't be true. This is, of course, what's causing the tension between her and Zed." He had gone home for a few days after Zeke...Had an accident. About two days after it his parents began fighting, himself and Kristoph were sat at the top of the staircase listening. Zed was accusing their mother of not caring about anything and, by the sounds of things, he smashed a few plates before storming out of the house. Eddie had sent Kris to bed and had gone to comfort his mother but she still insisted on acting the way she was and, from reports by Kris, they were still fighting about it.

Seamus shook his head. " Don't tell me he tried to hurt her, I swear I'll go there right now and I'll bang his head to the wall, I swear." He sighed. " I really do feel like sending an owl to your mother." He sighed again.

Eddie shook his head. "What? No, Zed wouldn't hurt her, he just gets anger issues and leaves for a few days is all." He should be coming home tonight which is why there was a family dinner. "Mum said she would come and pick me up when I was needed, you could talk to her then?" He wasn't sure how she would take that. She had changed a lot since she had been dating Seamus he guessed, she had changed when she married Zed, she was more work orientated and a whole lot more up tight than she had been before. But Eddie just assumed that was what happened when you had to run a farm.

Seamus nodded. " Yeah, I understand." Seamus did understand, if he did have a fight he would leave for a few days too. "That's nice son, I'm sure that I'll talk to her, catch up and stuff like that." He said smiling.

Keighla-Maria stepped out of her car and looked up at the house. She had hoped she would get a text from Eddie telling him to meet her but instead he had just left it up to her to fetch him from the house. She hoped that her ex wouldn't be the one to open the door when she knocked.

Keighla waited tensely for the door to open, hopping from one foot to the other in agitation. She had to get home, take the chicken out of the oven, though Kris said he would do that if she was late, she had to set the table, feed all the animals, set on the watering sytem for their crops. She was drawn out of her thoughts by the opening door.

Seamus heard someone in the front. He quickly went to the window, it was Keighla. She had changed somewhat, but her personality might've stayed the same. Seamus made his way to open the door. " Hello stranger." He said when he opened the door to see Keighla.

Keighla-Maria smiled when she saw him, it was nice to see him again even after all of this time. "Hi Seamus, I'm assuming Eddie is here?" She had seen them through the window talking. He looked older, wiser, she noticed, he still looked pretty good. She knew she had changed since they had been together, her life had become more serious since she started working at the farm with Zed.

Seamus nodded. " Yes, he's here." He smiled, she still looked very pretty, more modern, but yet still pretty. " It's been a long time." He smiled. " Eddie, your mum's here." Seamus called over to his son.

Eddie looked up as someone knocked on the door, he could tell before he heard the voice that it was his mother. "Hey mum. You bring the Jeep?" They had two cars and only the jeep had his music in it. As he waited for his mothers' reply he couldn't help but notice the look on her face. It was like she was remembering a happier time when she looked at Seamus.

Keighla-Maria laughed at her sons' priorities and nodded. "Yes, You're CD is already in the stereo. Off you go. She laughed as her twenty two year old mothers boy ran to the car, stopping to say a quick and awkward good bye to the father he had just met. "So." She spoke after Eddie had entered the Jeep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back